Follow the Michael Jackson Money Trail

edited January 1970 in News
Follow the Michael Jackson Money Trail
Originally posted 4 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Michael Jackson's parents are giving fans an ultimatum -- don't even try to use MJ's name or likeness to make money. Problem is ... they don't have the right either.

0624-joe-michael-katherine-jackson-ex-getty.jpg

We found a document posted on the Jackson Family Foundation website -- that's the organization that's throwing a bash at the Beverly Hilton in Bev Hills Saturday night at prices as high as $500 a ticket.

The document, signed by Joseph Jackson, Chairman, and Katherine Jackson, Vice Chairman, warns fans, "Please, do not ... Use the 'Jackson Family" name 'The Jackson Family Foundation' or 'Michael Jackson' as a means to advertise the sale of commercial products, fundraisers or services of any kind."

The reality -- Michael's parents -- just like the fans -- have no right to exploit MJ's name and likeness. That right belongs solely and exclusively to the estate of Michael Jackson.

What's more, we did some digging and Joe has created a company that may well be cashing in on Michael's name. It's called the Jackson Development & Marketing Corporation, incorporated in Nevada last December, after Michael died. Joe is listed as the director and Lowell Henry, a longtime financial advisor of Joe and Katherine, is the treasurer.

0624-jackson-katherine.jpg

And get this ... Take a look at the picture of the guy in the red tie, next to Katherine in a promotional pic for Katherine's new book, "Never Can Say Goodbye." That guy is none other than Lowell Henry.

Interesting ... in the book, Katherine thanks Lowell, Joe and the estate. We're told no one told the MJ estate about the book until its release was announced.

As for the Beverly Hilton bash, Joe's PR person tells TMZ Joe will not be profiting from the Beverly Hilton event, and that the money is all going to charity. But VoicePlate.com, which is co-sponsoring the event, tells TMZ some but not all of the money will go to charity.

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/24/michael-j ... on-estate/<!-- m -->

Comments

• cin_pytcin_pyt Posts: 632
    THE TREASURER IS MIKE IN DISGUISE LOOK HE'S WEARING MIKE'S FAVOURITE COLOR RED AND BLACK WHICH ARE ALSO MY FAVORITE COLORS NOW THE WORD TREASURE COMING UP A WHOLE LOT WHO'S IT? WHO DA TREASURE? MJ! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> THE TIE I LIKE IT'S A COOL STYLE WHO ELSE HAS GOOD TASTE........MJ
  • HazzelyHazzely Posts: 1,443
    How could fans make money of Michael's name? Is the family who tries to gain money by any means. This was totally off and they shoulddn't have made such an accusation..
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    Where's the clue in this?? Money trail.....trail backwards spells out "liar" t...

Is that the clue again. Follow the money ???? Won't the excutors of the "Will" be prosecuted when it's proven the will is fake?? Won't Mclain and Branca be charged with fraud ??? And then, that means that the money made from the estate since MJ's disappearance, will go back to Michael when he returns..????
  • cin_pytcin_pyt Posts: 632
    @2good2betrue this could very well be the case after all the will is fake, it's seemed off. I think some ppl wanted to take Mike's fortune away by any means go as far as messing with a will this is scary. Now, the executors have control over everything not even Mrs. Jackson can touch anything, they also want Mike's parents to ask for permission to use the MJ name that's like extreme come on dude they're the ones who made him. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> I think could be either Mike was threatened to have his $$$ taken from him and I mean that is scary or had threats for London concerts. Mike da troot will prevail.