Katherine Jackson to Joe: Don't Drag Me Into This!

edited January 1970 in News
Katherine Jackson to Joe: Don't Drag Me Into This!
Originally posted 12 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Joe Jackson has no business dragging his wife into the wrongful death lawsuit he's filing against Dr. Conrad Murray ... this according to her lawyer.

0625-katherine-joe-rip-getty.jpg

TMZ broke the story ... Brian Oxman is filing the wrongful death suit in federal court today. Oxman has named Katherine and Michael Jackson's 3 kids as "nominal plaintiff."

It's bizarre to name anyone as a "nominal plaintiff" in such a case. As far as we can tell -- plaintiffs in wrongful death cases never bring in others as "nominal plaintiffs."

That said, Katherine's lawyer, Adam Streisand, tells TMZ, "Mrs. Jackson has no interest in Conrad Murray other than seeing that justice is done in the criminal courts."

Streisand adds, "She certainly would never tap Brian Oxman for the job of filing any kind of lawsuit for her or the kids."

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/25/katherine ... ian-oxman/<!-- m -->

Comments

• CCCC Posts: 2,136
    STREISAND? RELATED TO BARBARA WHO WAS PARTICIPATING IN THE NEW Watw???? i´m missing some things here... i don´t remember read that name before... i´m lost!!! so much info... <!-- s:ugeek: -->:ugeek:<!-- s:ugeek: -->
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    Mrs. Katherine does not want Joe the goal in this mess ................... God, I'm tired today TMZ .... <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    Nominal is an adjective that allows you to name something belonging or relating to name. The term ( originating from the Latin word nominalis ) Is often used to refer to what is the name of something but lacks of it in part or in whole.
  • STREISAND? RELATED TO BARBARA WHO WAS PARTICIPATING IN THE NEW Watw???? i´m missing some things here... i don´t remember read that name before... i´m lost!!! so much info... <!-- s:ugeek: -->:ugeek:<!-- s:ugeek: -->

Yeah katherines lawer is barbara streisand cousin TMZ stated before ..
    STREISAND? RELATED TO BARBARA WHO WAS PARTICIPATING IN THE NEW Watw???? i´m missing some things here... i don´t remember read that name before... i´m lost!!! so much info... <!-- s:ugeek: -->:ugeek:<!-- s:ugeek: -->

Yeah katherines lawer is barbara streisand cousin TMZ stated before ..
    THANKS! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • "NOMINAL PLAINTIFF

One who is named as the plaintiff in an action, but who has no interest in it, having assigned the cause or right of action to another, for whose use it is brought.

In general, he cannot interfere with the rights of his assignee, nor will he be permitted to discontinue. the action, or to meddle with it. "

Funny that Joe is dragging Mrs. Jackson into this like she's filing too but she would have no say whatsoever n the direction of the case. I would be highly upset if someone listed me as a plaintiff in their random lawsuits that I had no interest in being a part of. Dear God wrap your arms around Michael's family and brng them all together and preferably have them in the same book if not on the same page.
  • OK guys can i ask a question which i know is stupid but its bugging me.. Ok MJ mom wants no part in the lawsuit could it be possible MJ dad is not in on the hoax for a reason ok..

Everyone went to the hospital to visit MJ "Body" but Joe has stated numerous times that he never saw the body he went straight to the Encino home, could MJ have told his mother that he didnt want Joe to know in case he gave it away!!!

I know its a stupid question but id like someone else view..
    OK guys can i ask a question which i know is stupid but its bugging me.. Ok MJ mom wants no part in the lawsuit could it be possible MJ dad is not in on the hoax for a reason ok..

Everyone went to the hospital to visit MJ "Body" but Joe has stated numerous times that he never saw the body he went straight to the Encino home, could MJ have told his mother that he didnt want Joe to know in case he gave it away!!!

I MAKE THE SAME COMMENT ON OTHER TOPIC... I THINK HE IS NOT IN THE HOAX BUT HE HAVE DOUBTS, SO HE DO ALL THIS TO MAKE MJ TAKE THE STAGE AGAIN... <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    OK guys can i ask a question which i know is stupid but its bugging me.. Ok MJ mom wants no part in the lawsuit could it be possible MJ dad is not in on the hoax for a reason ok..

I think that Joe must be on the hoax train. He may not know every detail but he has a role in this hoax.
  • I don't think Joe knows all the details of the hoax. I think he is mad about it, that is why he is trying his hardest to make some money off of his son's name. Joe has done so much to try to get money. First, he mentions his new record label just days after June 25th, then he pushes to get money from the will that he was left out of, then he tries to get the medical records from the hospital for a wrongful death suit, then he files for a wrongful death lawsuit just days before it was to expire to file a suit, the belt buckles, books, tributes, filing a lawsuit against AEG for wrongful death and now again a wrongful death suit against Dr. Murray( which I thought the timeline had expired). I am sure I have missed something. But, to me it just seems that he is all about making money off of MJ again. How sad.
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    I don't think Joe knows all the details of the hoax. I think he is mad about it, that is why he is trying his hardest to make some money off of his son's name. Joe has done so much to try to get money. First, he mentions his new record label just days after June 25th, then he pushes to get money from the will that he was left out of, then he tries to get the medical records from the hospital for a wrongful death suit, then he files for a wrongful death lawsuit just days before it was to expire to file a suit, the belt buckles, books, tributes, filing a lawsuit against AEG for wrongful death and now again a wrongful death suit against Dr. Murray( which I thought the timeline had expired). I am sure I have missed something. But, to me it just seems that he is all about making money off of MJ again. How sad.

A wrongful death lawsuit filed on the 25th do you think it's a coincidence ? The simple fact that Joe is suing Murray means that he's in on it to me. The press conference for this new label has come back on TMZ stories with this guy of the Chi-Lites and the tribute on the Beverly Hilton. The article insinuate that it was all scripted, even Joe's conference. <!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=50&t=11496<!-- l -->
  • I think Katherine and Joe are playing "good cop and bad cop." That's what I think the headline is trying to say...she's not going to be play any role in this part of the hoax. I still believe the bam will be played out in court as they uncover the financial inconsistencies, the possibly "bogus" will, etc. Then Michael can do a bam...not before. All of this has to be played out under the assumption he is "dead." I think both of them are doing an incredible job in this movie...worthy of an Oscar!