The Return of Jaafar Jackson

edited January 1970 in News
The Return of Jaafar Jackson
Originally posted Mar 3rd 2010 4:09 PM PST by TMZ Staff

Jaafar Jackson left his Encino home without incident earlier today -- looking cool, calm and collected as the stun gun drama continues to unfold around him.

0303_jaafar_flynet-1.jpg

The 13-year-old was seen hanging out in Woodland Hills, CA with his younger brother Jermajesty.

As for where their father Jermaine spent the day ... Jer guess is as good as ours.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/03/jaafar-jackson-stun-gun-katherine-jackson-children-services/

I searched the forums and I do not see this particular story posted except in the monthly TMZ summaries.
I was going to make a video about this but I never got around to it with so many other things going on so I will post what I discovered instead in this thread.

Name: Jaafar
Jaafar is a variant transcription of Jafar.
http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/meaning_of_Jaafar.html

Name: Jafar
Origin and Meaning of the Name Jafar
Origin: Arabic
Meaning: Stream

Categories: Muslim Names, Arabic Names, Disney Names

Additional info:According to Islam, Jafar appeared as an angel to the Prophet Muhammad. He had been killed in a battle against Byzantium and was the brother of the fourth caliph according to Sunni Muslims and the first Imam to Shi'ites.
http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/meaning_of_Jafar.html

Ja‘far ibn Abi Talib (died 629), also known as Ja‘far at-Tayyar, was the son of Abu Talib ibn 'Abdul Muttalib (the uncle of the Islamic prophet Muhammad), and the elder brother of the fourth Sunni Khalifah, Ali ibn Abi Talib. Jafar was raised by his uncle, Abbas ibn 'Abdul Muttalib, for his father was a poor man and had to support a big family.

Jafar was the Prophet Muhammad cousin.

In the battle of Mu'tah, Ja'far at-Tayyar carried the Banner of Islam and was out-numbered by the enemies and killed. The two arms of one of Muhammad's bravest followers and his army's standard-bearer, Jafar-e-Tayyar (the brother of Ali ibn Abi Talib) were cut off in the battle and he was martyred. When the news reached Muhammad he cried and prayed for Jafar's soul and the angel Gabriel came down and consoled (Muhammad), saying "Jafar was a brave and loyal soldier. God has given him everlasting life, and in place of his arms which were cut off in the battle, the Lord has given him a pair of wings".

Allah giving Jafar wings, seems to indicate he was made an angel.

Jafar's tomb in enclosed in an ornate shrine made of gold and silver, made by Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ja%60far_ibn_Ab%C4%AB_T%C4%81lib

Ja`far ibn Abi Talib's tomb.

image135.jpg

Mazar of Hazrat Jafar Ibn Abi Talib (May Allah be pleased with him), the cousin of Prophet Muhammad near the city of Mu'tah (Jabal al Mazar) in southern Jordan.
http://islamicsupremecouncil.com/tabarruk/tabarrukat2.htm

[youtube:34b9hoaq]

Aladdin (Disney film)
Aladdin is a 1992 American animated adventure film produced by Walt Disney Feature Animation and released by Walt Disney Pictures.
Jafar: The power-hungry Grand Vizier of Agrabah and the main antagonist of the film. Jafar was originally envisioned as an irritable character, but the directors decided that a calm villain would be scarier.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aladdin_%281992_film%29#Cast_and_characters

The Return of Jafar
The Return of Jafar is a 1994 American animated film that is a direct-to-video sequel to the 1992 animated film Aladdin, both produced by The Walt Disney Company. The film was released on May 20, 1994 and serves as the origin of the Aladdin animated series. Another direct-to-video sequel, Aladdin and the King of Thieves, followed in 1996.

The film centers on Jafar, the villain from the original film, trying to gain his revenge against Aladdin and his companions, Princess Jasmine, Genie, Abu, Carpet, the Sultan and Iago (now turned against Jafar), and become the ruler of Agrabah.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Return_of_Jafar

Disney is portraying this revered, martyred, Muslim, who Allah made an angel as an evil, scary, villain in a film marketed to and intended to be watched by children. This is a perfect example of how attitudes and divisions are being shaped early on in life in this world. This hatred continues to be perpetrated through out our lives and is based on false presentations of individuals in history thus dividing and conquering us all.

I am not Muslim, I practice no organized religion but I feel it necessary to try to understand the basis of other religions and cultural beliefs as well as how those are being manipulated through different mediums such as film, news etc. This is my opinion only, the conclusions are solely mine, you are free to disagree with me of course

[youtube:34b9hoaq]

Comments

• SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    I agree with your conclusion. Hollywood productions have always targeted certain groups of people (not only Arabs or Muslims but also Black people, Russian, Hispanics, depends on the agenda...) to create stereotypes in people's mind so that they will have prejudices against this specific group. The aim is clearly to divide us and it works unfortunately.

I am what is called a muslim and I want to insist on the fact that muslim means "submitted to God" and therefore He is what unites us, no matter how we worship Him. There is a verse in the Quran that says that God created all the religions, all these paths to test us. We are being tested to see if we can respect each other despite our differences.

The problem now is that Islam is seen as a violent religion because of the mistakes of some "muslims" emphazised (and the word is weak) in the medias, false-flag attacks, war on "islamic" terrorism publicised excessively. I don't say that there are no problems I am the first one to criticize the blatant diversions from the original message but most Muslims live their faith peacefully.

48. Then we revealed to you this scripture, truthfully, confirming previous scriptures, and superseding them. You shall rule among them in accordance with GOD's revelations, and do not follow their wishes if they differ from the truth that came to you. For each of you, we have decreed laws and different rites. Had GOD willed, He could have made you one congregation. But He thus puts you to the test through the revelations He has given each of you. You shall compete in righteousness. To GOD is your final destiny--all of you--then He will inform you of everything you had disputed. 5:48
    <!-- m -->http://www.quran.org/English.html<!-- m -->

Is it a coincidence that Jaafar ordered the stun gun ? Because with this stun gun incident (drama is excessive no...) he has been falsely portrayed as a "violent" boy by some tabloids and bloggers.
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    Serenitys_Dream You are right, why do the media, But with Muslims, There are People who hear the word Muslim and Immediately connect it with Terrorism. As an example I put a Foreign news channel I watch the cable news When They present their say! Inform Everything That Happens in the world, national news, sports, gossip, international, and is the image of a bomb attack, and Immediately the image of a woman wearing burka, the subliminal message ralaciona Muslims with Terrorism.
  • cin_pytcin_pyt Posts: 632
    yes stereotyping of minorities as criminals, terrorists, etc. Thanks Serenity. Very interesting post. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    Serenitys_Dream You are right, why do the media, But with Muslims, There are People who hear the word Muslim and Immediately connect it with Terrorism. As an example I put a Foreign news channel I watch the cable news When They present their say! Inform Everything That Happens in the world, national news, sports, gossip, international, and is the image of a bomb attack, and Immediately the image of a woman wearing burka, the subliminal message ralaciona Muslims with Terrorism.

The worse in this story is that this kind of clothes (Burka for example) are not obligations nor prescriptions made by God (but by men) they are traditions and falsely linked to God's message. I myself do not wear anything that shows that I am a Muslim. My faith is in my heart. The problem is that this is all about manipulation of what Islam really is to an extent that I don't even have the words to explain. To make it short I'd say that it comes from the medias and also from some Muslims.

The title is intriguing "The Return of Jaafar Jackson"...We had "Alive" "Soon" and now "The return" <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • KirscheKirsche Posts: 2,082
    Right! I think they just wanted us to focus on the headline!

THE RETURN
  • gloveloveglovelove Posts: 192
    jafar looks like a young michael in this pic