Chris Brown Breaks Down Crying During MJ Tribute

SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
edited January 1970 in News
Chris Brown Breaks Down Crying During MJ Tribute
Originally posted 51 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

After about four minutes of some of the best Michael Jackson inspired dancing you will see, Chris Brown broke down crying on stage during the BET Awards tonight.

[youtube:3rwzen79]

The waterworks start around 4:30 mark if that's what you're into -- but seriously, his dance routine before that was amazing.

He started crying right as he got to the "Man in the Mirror" portion of the medley. Coincidence?

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/27/chris-bro ... et-awards/<!-- m -->

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Comments

• HazzelyHazzely Posts: 1,443
    but seriously, his dance routine before that was amazing.

He started crying right as he got to the "Man in the Mirror" portion of the medley. Coincidence?

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/27/chris-bro ... et-awards/<!-- m -->

LOL omg they're so evil
  • wishingstarwishingstar Posts: 2,927
    What a beautiful, honest, loving tribute........ Chris was amazing! He is very talented!
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    He did Michael proud. Loved the smooth criminal lights....wow.. I for one think he was honest with his feelings.....I loved how the rest of the audience carried on for him....that was beautiful....I hope Michael was watching this.........
  • HazzelyHazzely Posts: 1,443
    He did Michael proud. Loved the smooth criminal lights....wow.. I for one think he was honest with his feelings.....I loved how the rest of the audience carried on for him....that was beautiful....I hope Michael was watching this.........

Chris cried his eyes out yet Jermaine was so serene..it's a bit weird to put it this way lol
  • palmprepalmpre Posts: 181
    i cant see it it has been remvoed
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    Why could not the tears have been staged as well? Jermaine obviously meant to say "and here he is" misleading and suggesting. I think it was all planned, just like Paris' tears at the Memorial. As if seasoned performers don't know how to control their emotions on stage.
  • i cant see it it has been remvoed

I know the TMZ video will not work but it takes you to a page on ytube with lots of hoax videos, including an analysis of the funeral programme which is very interesting! <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

<!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
  • Why could not the tears have been staged as well? Jermaine obviously meant to say "and here he is" misleading and suggesting. I think it was all planned, just like Paris' tears at the Memorial. As if seasoned performers don't know how to control their emotions on stage.

I didn't see any Paris tears at the Memorial. Chris Browns' tears could very well be real. Just think back of what he went through last year, that must have taken its toll as well. No matter what he did, the media finished him off completely. Next to that - not everyone is in on the hoax so it's perfectly normal that those who are not in on it get emotional during a tribute.
  • mjfansince4mjfansince4 Posts: 1,030
    Why could not the tears have been staged as well? Jermaine obviously meant to say "and here he is" misleading and suggesting. I think it was all planned, just like Paris' tears at the Memorial. As if seasoned performers don't know how to control their emotions on stage.

I didn't see any Paris tears at the Memorial. Chris Browns' tears could very well be real. Just think back of what he went through last year, that must have taken its toll as well. No matter what he did, the media finished him off completely. Next to that - not everyone is in on the hoax so it's perfectly normal that those who are not in on it get emotional during a tribute.

yeah the media really did bury him a shallow grave. and i get teary eyed just listening to "man in the mirror" in my car on the way to work. i'm pretty sure if i had to preform it i'd have an emotional breakdown. i again hope his intentions and actions were honest and true.
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    Jermaine was there, told TMZ that the only family members present were Mrs. Katherine and daughter of Randy <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • suspicious mindsuspicious mind Posts: 5,984
    my opinion what was happening there was not about micheal. most of you however would not understand.
  • Wish I could see it!

• TMZ added their own video to the article:

0628-brown-youtube-video-credit.jpg
    Play: <!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=true ... fe22789bf3<!-- m -->
    paula-c
    Jermaine was there, told TMZ that the only family members present were Mrs. Katherine and daughter of Randy

I was wrong in this comment <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> .. this is in another thread
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    I think Chris did a great job. His moves are more 'bendy', Mike's moves are more fixed, but the boy can dance!

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• CCCC Posts: 2,136
    I HAVE TIARS IN MY EYES AND I´M A BELIEVER AND I WAS NOT SINGING IN FRONT OF ALL THIS PEOPLE, SO... I THINK IS A BEAUTIFUL TRIBUTE AND SO EMOTIONAL... NOBODY MOVES LIKE MJ BUT CHRIS ROCKS!
  • Thanks for the vid Mo & Souza I agree I think he's really good & yes bendier but really well put together & performed.I can't get the TMZ video to load properly though so I can't watch all of it - anyone else have that problem?
    love x
  • Boy, the man can dance!
    GirlInTheMirror and Souza, please what do they mean? <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->
  • AvaMarieAvaMarie Posts: 714
    I think Chris did a great job. He's very talented.
  • my opinion what was happening there was not about micheal. most of you however would not understand.

I agree - I believe it touched him in a personal way but it wasn't about Michael. However, the message touched him and that is what Michael is all about - the message. I loved it because it was genuine and he did as well or better than known impersonators. It came from his heart. Well done.
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    I believe that Chris Brown was crying because finally he was able to honor his mentor the way he was meant to be honored. I believe that Chris has been perfecting this performance since June 25, 2009 when he was black balled from giving tribute to Michael by those illuminati puppets whom I need not name during last year's BET Awards show. I believe that Chris finally was able to release all the pent up emotions that he has had to hold inside through that magnificent performance. He did Michael proud. He was finally able to honor the man he looked up to all his life and this was his way to finally say thank you, Michael Jackson. I don't believe that Chris is in on the hoax. I basically believe he has been shut out from anything to do with the entertainment biz until last night. But baby HE IS BACK! Don't have to worry about Jay Z now <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> and I am so, so, so, so happy for him. I always said, just give Chris one opportunity to publicly honor Michael Jackson and the world will see him through brand new eyes. He's paid his dues. Let that man live his life.
  • Chris Brown Breaks Down Crying During MJ Tribute
    Originally posted Jun 27th 2010 7:38 PM PDT by TMZ Staff

After about four minutes of some of the best Michael Jackson inspired dancing you will see, Chris Brown
    broke down crying on stage during the BET Awards tonight.

The waterworks start around 4:30 mark if that's what you're into -- but seriously, his dance routine before that was amazing.

CBBDCDMJI

The Articles Publish Date:
    Jun 27th 2010 7:38 PM
    6 - 2 - 7 - 2 - 1 - 7 - 3 - 8
    1, 3, 6, 8, 22, 77
    6 + 2 + 7 + 2 + 1 + 7 + 3 + 8 = 36- Represents the devil or Satan, as well as the evil which it personifies. http://www.ridingthebeast.com/numbers/nu36.php
    3 + 6 = 9- often represents pain or sadness.
    http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/1086220/number-symbolism/

CBBDCDMTJ

CBB - Corporate Big Brother
    Big Brother is a fictional character in George Orwell's novel Nineteen Eighty-Four, the enigmatic dictator of Oceania, a totalitarian state taken to its utmost logical consequence - where the ruling elite wield total power for its own sake over the inhabitants.

In the society that Orwell describes, everyone is under complete surveillance by the authorities, mainly by telescreens. The people are constantly reminded of this by the phrase "Big Brother is watching you", which is the core "truth" of the propaganda system in this state.

Since the publication of Nineteen Eighty-Four, the term "Big Brother" has entered the lexicon as a synonym for abuse of government power, particularly in respect to civil liberties.

Please watch the trailer, the words on the screen seem very relevant.

[youtube:9sykh08k]

What is going on in our world today can be attributed to the CORPORATE ELITE whom OWN the governments of the world.

D - Denver, Colorado (mint mark)
    Coins produced at the Denver Mint bear a D mint mark. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denver_Mint

CD - Civil Disobedience
    Civil disobedience is the active refusal to obey certain laws, demands, and commands of a government, or of an occupying international power, using no form of violence. It is one of the primary methods of nonviolent resistance. In its most nonviolent form it could be said that it is compassion in the form of respectful disagreement. One of its earliest massive implementations was brought about by Egyptians against the British occupation in the nonviolent 1919 Revolution.

Civil disobedience is one of the many ways people have rebelled against what they deem to be unfair laws. It has been used in many well-documented nonviolent resistance movements in India (Gandhi's campaigns for independence from the British Empire), in Czechoslovakia's Velvet Revolution and in East Germany to oust their communist governments, in South Africa in the fight against apartheid, in the American Civil Rights Movement, in the Singing Revolution to bring independence to the Baltic countries from the Soviet Union, and recently in the 2004 Orange Revolution and 2005 Rose Revolution, among other various movements worldwide.

A version was taken up by the author Henry David Thoreau in his essay Civil Disobedience, and later by Gandhi in his doctrine of Satyagraha.

Thoreau's 1848 essay Civil Disobedience, originally titled "Resistance to Civil Government", the driving idea behind the essay was that of self-reliance, and also how one is in morally good standing as long as one can "get off another man's back"; so one does not necessarily have to physically fight the government, but one must not support it or have it support one . This essay has had a wide influence on many later practitioners of civil disobedience. In the essay, Thoreau explained his reasons for having refused to pay taxes as an act of protest against slavery and against the Mexican-American War.

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr, Rosa Parks, James Bevel and other activists in the American Civil Rights Movement of the 1950s and 1960s often used civil disobedience techniques. These forms of civil disobedience were effective in promoting the eventual passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Civil Rights Act of 1968. Antiwar activists both during and after the Vietnam War have done likewise.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_disobedience

There are numerous articles about Civil Disobedience being undertaken in Denver for various causes just google it.

The 2008 Democratic Convention, in which Barack Obama became the Democratic Parties nominee for president, was held in in Denver Colorado. The government tried to stop protests from occurring, when it became apparent that protests were going to happen anyway, the government set up a "Demonstration Zone". This was the only area anyone was legally allowed to protest in but protesters staged "civil disobedience" and protested outside of the "Demonstration Zone".

Demonstration Zone At 2008 Democratic Convention in Denver
    The official demonstration zone was unused on Monday afternoon, as the convention opened. The 47,000-square-foot (4,400 m2) fenced area was 700 feet (210 m) from Pepsi Center and delegates could pass from 8 to 200 feet (61 m) from it.

Lawsuit by Protesters
    The American Civil Liberties Union filed a lawsuit on behalf of 12 organizations who planned to protest at the Democratic Convention, requesting that the Secret Service and Denver officials release information about procedures concerning protesting times and the Demonstration Zone. In a June 12 release, a parade route and Demonstration Zone were announced. The Demonstration Zone will be in Parking Lot A of Pepsi Center. Some groups, including two groups opposing abortion chose to delay filing suit after it was announced that their applications for permits are being processed. In an amended complaint, the ACLU and interested advocacy groups have filed suit against the Secret Service and the city and county of Denver, questioning the constitutionality of the restrictions. The lawsuit failed and the ACLU did not appeal.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Democratic_National_Convention#Lawsuit_by_protesters

M - Moderata Samlingspartiet (Swedish political party) - Moderate Party M(Sweden)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_political_parties_in_Sweden

The current Prime Minister of Sweden is Fredrik Reinfeldt, leader of the Moderate Party.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Minister_of_Sweden

Massive protests in Sweden to condemn Israel for attacking Gaza aid flotilla
    08:55, June 01, 2010
    Thousands of Swedes joined demonstrations to protest Israeli raid on Gaza aid flotilla in several Swedish cities on Monday.

In Stockholm, the capital of Sweden, around 6,000 protesters, chanting anti-Israeli slogans and waving Palestinian flags, gathered in a central square of the city. A number of speakers expressed their disgust and dismay over the Israeli attack.The protesters also marched toward the Israeli embassy in Stockholm. Similar protests were held in Gothenburg and Malmoe, the second and third largest cities of Sweden.

Earlier on Monday the Swedish government summoned Israel's ambassador to explain the deaths of 10 pro-Palestinian activists during a raid on a Turkish aid ship bound for Gaza. The Swedish foreign minister Carl Bildt described the incident as unacceptable in a statement. He said an impartial investigation must be done.
    http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90001/90777/90854/7007069.html

The Denver and Swedish protests in contrast to the the next two.

JT - Jurutera Tempatan (Brunei)
    There was a small rebellion against the monarchy during the 1960s, which was suppressed with help from the United Kingdom. This event became known as the Brunei Revolt and was partly responsible for the failure to create the North Borneo Federation. The rebellion partially affected Brunei's decision to opt out of the Malaysian Federation.
    http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Brunei

The Brunei Rebellion broke out on 8 December 1962. The rebels began co-ordinated attacks on the oil town of Seria (targeting the Royal Dutch Shell oil installations) and on police stations and government facilities around the protectorate. This rebellion against the Sultan, his government and loyal subjects is seen as one of the first stages of the Indonesia-Malaysia confrontation. By 17 December, the rebellion had been broken. Some 40 rebels were dead and 3,400 captured. The remainder had fled and were assumed to be trying to reach Indonesia.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brunei_Revolt

ATH

ATH - Athens (Airport Code); Athens, Greece
    3 Killed Amid Rioting Over IMF Bailout In Greece
    May 5, 2010 7:55 pm
    Greek Prime Minister Calls Deaths 'Murders,' Says Those Responsible Will Be Brought To Justice
    ATHENS, Greece (AP) ?Rioting over harsh austerity measures left three people dead in a torched Athens bank and clouds of tear gas drifting past parliament, in an outburst of anger that underlined the long and difficult struggle Greece faces to stick with painful cutbacks that come with an international bailout.The deaths were the first during a protest in Greece in nearly 20 years.

Although violent demonstrations are commonplace in Greece, they usually takes the form of set-piece clashes between anarchist youths and police and rarely lead to serious injuries. The deaths shocked public opinion and could affect future demonstrations.

An estimated 100,000 people took to the streets during a nationwide general strike that grounded flights, shut all services and pulled news broadcasts off the air. Hundreds of demonstrators — including far right wing supporters — broke away from the marches and tried to storm parliament, shouting "thieves, traitors." At the opposite end of the political spectrum, groups of anarchists hurled Molotov cocktails and ripped-up paving stones at buildings and police, who responded with barrages of tear gas.

Three bank workers died of smoke inhalation after demonstrators torched their bank, trapping them. As their colleagues sobbed in the street, four others were rescued from a balcony. A senior fire department official said demonstrators prevented firefighters from reaching the burning building.

Fifteen civilians and 29 police were injured in what Civil Protection Minister Michalis Chrisohoides called "a black day for democracy." Twelve people were arrested in Athens and another two in the northern city of Thessaloniki, which also saw clashes between police and demonstrators. "A demonstration is one thing and murder is quite another," he said in Parliament during a session to discuss the spending cuts. Lawmakers held a minute of silence for the dead.
    http://cbs3.com/topstories/greece.riot.greek.2.1675974.html

The message here is that Civil Disobedience is what must be undertaken. Violent protests accomplish nothing except death and destruction, which is what those in power want anyway. Civil Disobedience has worked in the past and can work again, that we must not be drawn into violent confrontation.
  • <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->

I feel ya Chris....
    I really doubt he's in on it.

The fact that this WAS during "Man In The Mirror" is a little suspicious...
    It could be that it is an emotional song but, I think it wasn't a coincedence...

Still, I think the tears are real.
    As Gandhi said, "disobedience, be civil, must be sincere, respectful, measured and free from any suspicion".