Katherine Jackson to Produce MJ Movies

2»

Comments

• SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    "but as far as our research shows, there's no loophole when it comes to marketing Michael Jackson's name and image -- whether Katherine and the kids are beneficiaries or not."

Sounds like a warning to me. Better not use Michael Jackson's name and image or...?

The photo makes me think of the Liberian Girl picture. Katherine represents Michael, she's being told by him what to do (she doesn't hold the camera it's someone else's hands) and Michael is watching us in the background, seeing our reactions, as a director...
  • DancingTheDreamDancingTheDream Posts: 4,923
    This is an interesting comment found below an article here:
    <!-- m -->http://dimewars.com/HipHopNews/More-Mic ... 04fa4a5ef2<!-- m -->

Sources close to both Katherine and TMZ also tell me that she plans to distribute this movie as a free download off the Internet as a gesture of thanks to all the fans who stuck by Michael and already bought Billions of dollars worth of his albums and memorabilia over the years. Katherine was reportedly quoted as saying: "This is for the fans who once admired and adored him. We don't need the money, we have plenty of it. The fans need Michael more than we need money from potential proceeds of this." Now, just how reliable these sources are remains to be seen but this reporter will follow the story closely and confirm these early reports when verified.
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    Very kind of her. I hope we get to see Michael in the video telling us "I love you"
  • teine21teine21 Posts: 898
    If this is all her plan for money, then I am sure she is trying to make sure the WHOLE family is provided for (Joe, the brothers & sisters, nieces & nephews). Since NONE of them are provided for BY Michael. I don't blame her as the matriarch of the family, being 80 years old, of course she's going to want her family to be well taken care of. BUT I think it's really shitty, IF she's doing it for that reason, to use Michael's name & image to provide for a bunch of adults & their children, when most of the grandkids are grown & the brothers & sisters are capable of supporting themselves somehow. Michael should not be exploited just because the rest of the family wants money. That's bs. Michael specifically said who he wanted to support & how he wanted his money spent. This is greed whether she sees it that way or not. No wonder Randy is saying he's against what his family is doing, there's a sensable explanatio. Grrr, I hope she's being pushed to do this stuff because I just don't want to see her as a greedy troll feeding off of her son's death for her own selfish reasons. & if she is being manipulated, perhaps MJ is gone because I just don't see him allowing this to happen unless there's blackmail involved then it makes sense. Otherwise this pisses me off <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x -->
  • teine21teine21 Posts: 898
    This is an interesting comment found below an article here:
    <!-- m -->http://dimewars.com/HipHopNews/More-Mic ... 04fa4a5ef2<!-- m -->

Sources close to both Katherine and TMZ also tell me that she plans to distribute this movie as a free download off the Internet as a gesture of thanks to all the fans who stuck by Michael and already bought Billions of dollars worth of his albums and memorabilia over the years. Katherine was reportedly quoted as saying: "This is for the fans who once admired and adored him. We don't need the money, we have plenty of it. The fans need Michael more than we need money from potential proceeds of this." Now, just how reliable these sources are remains to be seen but this reporter will follow the story closely and confirm these early reports when verified.

If this is true, it's very sweet. But who really knows what to believe & what not. Seems like she's trying to clear her name because she was coming off as greedy, doing it for money. I hope this is true & that she's not. If so, I take back everything I said in my previous post, if she is trying to get money when she's being paid by the estate, then I don't take back anything I said.