MJ Estate Wins Partial Victory in Concert Suit

SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
edited January 1970 in News
MJ Estate Wins Partial Victory in Concert Suit
8 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

The company suing the Michael Jackson estate for $300 million over the Jackson family concert that never took place just got two strikes against it, and the pitcher was a federal judge.

0702-michael-jackson-getty-breakingnews-credit.jpg

The judge on Tuesday threw out two of the three claims AllGood Entertainment filed against the estate, AEG and Frank Dileo.

The suit claims Dileo, MJ's alleged former manager, made a deal with AllGood that Michael would perform at the Jackson Family concert before doing any other gigs. By launching the London series of concerts, AllGood claims Jackson breached his deal and cost AllGood a bundle.

But a federal judge ruled AllGood's claim for fraud and tortious interference (i.e., intermeddling) was bogus. All that is left of the lawsuit is a breach of contract claim.

The estate claims Dileo never had authority to make a deal with AllGood.

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/07/02/michael-j ... rtainment/<!-- m -->

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Comments

• I sure hope Michael wins this ridiculous lawsuit. And if he doesn't it shouldn't be Michael paying, it should be Frank Dileo for agreeing to and signing the contract without Michael's knowledge. Michael is the victim here in my opinion.
  • DancingTheDreamDancingTheDream Posts: 4,923
    I sure hope Michael wins this ridiculous lawsuit. And if he doesn't it shouldn't be Michael paying, it should be Frank Dileo for agreeing to and signing the contract without Michael's knowledge. Michael is the victim here in my opinion.

Agreed.
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    The vultures will have to start fall one by one ........
    The vultures will have to start fall one by one ........

AllGood are not vultures, in my opinion.. they have a legitimate claim.. however, it was DiLeo who tricked them. He is the one who made the contract and promised them Michael.

But of course.. now DiLeo is protected by AEG and Sony, it seems that he is untouchable and wont be brought down by this. He is so shady.
    DancingTheDream I refer to DiLeo

I hope and pray DiLeo will be brought down. I hate him so much. I know he has lied.
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    Just curious......was Frank Dileo at the private funeral ????????????

Isn't it strange that all this happenned on 11th June , 2 weeks before his allegded death?

This is from the original case.....

<!-- m -->http://news.softpedia.com/news/Jackson- ... 3886.shtml<!-- m -->
    DancingTheDream calm, remember the truth will prevail, must have patience <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400

I hope and pray DiLeo will be brought down. I hate him so much. I know he has lied.

You KNOW he has lied? Really? Don't you think Mike brought back Dileo for a reason? How can you hate someone you never met? Who you don't know and certainly in this case, where nothing is as it seems?

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• traceys_hometraceys_home Posts: 102

You KNOW he has lied? Really? Don't you think Mike brought back Dileo for a reason? How can you hate someone you never met? Who you don't know and certainly in this case, where nothing is as it seems?

I agree here. You should not be so quick to judge DiLeo. I remember when MJ bought him back, just like MJ tried to get Greg Phillenganes as MD instead of Bearden for This Is It....at the last moment, he wanted his whole Bad Tour Band back with the exception of Jennifer Batten, but couldn't make it work...I know I was there at Center Stage watching my brother play guitar with Orianthi. MJ bought DiLeo back because he gets Stuff Done. If he thought that DiLeo was shady, his assistance never would have been asked for. MJ knows what he was trying to do.

We should all just wait and see what happens here.
  • CCCC Posts: 2,136

I agree here. You should not be so quick to judge DiLeo. I remember when MJ bought him back, just like MJ tried to get Greg Phillenganes as MD instead of Bearden for This Is It....at the last moment, he wanted his whole Bad Tour Band back with the exception of Jennifer Batten, but couldn't make it work...I know I was there at Center Stage watching my brother play guitar with Orianthi. MJ bought DiLeo back because he gets Stuff Done. If he thought that DiLeo was shady, his assistance never would have been asked for. MJ knows what he was trying to do.

We should all just wait and see what happens here.

sorry but who is your brother???
    and this note from TMZ... Victory Tour, The Final Courtain, we are close... so close...
  • mjj4ever777mjj4ever777 Posts: 1,467

I agree Souza!

I agree Souza!

i know.. im changing my mind now on DiLeo... im coming across new stuff everyday. Aargh.. sometimes i want to scream. Some days i get info on Frank that seems to indicate he is a crook and a chancer and then other days it seems he was on MJs side. Its hard to decipher and you will have to bear with me as i am doing a lot of research and digging at the moment. Im not getting much sleep but i will get the truth one day.
    But it does seem AllGood were made to believe MJ would perform for them and bring Jackson5 with him and this was made on a promise by Frank DiLeo. Ive seen emails, i know that much. Hmmm...
  • I have a questions, If Michael and his brothers were supposed to perform, then why in the H*** is Michael the only one being sued. Should not the brothers be sued as well. They are acting like Michael said he was going to do the concert all by himself and not his brothers.

Call Me Crazy, but does the Jacksons not consist of more than Michael.
    I have a questions, If Michael and his brothers were supposed to perform, then why in the H*** is Michael the only one being sued. Should not the brothers be sued as well. They are acting like Michael said he was going to do the concert all by himself and not his brothers.

Call Me Crazy, but does the Jacksons not consist of more than Michael.

They were suing the estate, Aeg and DiLeo
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    I don't know what to make of any of TMZ's articles any more! But the headline of this one just said 'Victory Concert Suit' to me, so I went to Youtube to see what MJ was wearing on the Victory tour! Not a 'suit' as such, but a nice sparkly white shirt and I got totally sidetracked!! Didn't help me with the TMZ article but helped me with some much needed escapism!
  • scorpionchikscorpionchik Posts: 2,669
    Everyone to read one of the comments to this article about
    "Harvey Levin Tells How TMZ Broke Michael Jackson Death News "

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/07/02/michael-j ... nts-anchor<!-- m -->
  • Everyone to read one of the comments to this article about

Thank you for the link, could you indicate what number the comment you are referring to please Im feeling a bit "thick" today and I cannot work out what you are referring to sorry <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->

<!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • CCCC Posts: 2,136
    Everyone to read one of the comments to this article about

are you talking about number 199? the fireworks by tellit?
  • I understand that they are suing the Estate, but the Estate is of Michael Jackson not The Jackson Family. Does the Estate not consist of Michael assets and so forth. I do not think it includes anything that is "The Jacksons" strictly Michael. Maybe I am not getting the jest of this but if a promise was made for Michael and his brothers to perform, then it is everybody. See cases like this make me angry because sometimes I do not think these people think at all. I guess they figure what the heck let's sue Michael because he got the most money,not taking into consideration that he is not the only one that will be perform. So these people was going on the impression that Michael will be performing and making the money off of Michael and using the other siblings as an excuse. They know at any point in time when Michael is involve it will generate millions.
  • I read in another article that Frank Dileo had signed a deal to perform either a solo concert tour or a Jackson Family reunion concert to be promoted by AllGood. All Good filed after Michael announced the London concerts. My question is...why did AllGood sue AEG? They cant just sue because they "believe" AEG had knowledge of their contract with Dileo, can they?