MJ's Museum Induction to be Hit By Protests

DancingTheDreamDancingTheDream Posts: 4,923
edited January 1970 in News
Michael Jackson's induction into a US museum will be overshadowed by protests by child abuse survivors.

The singer is set to be inducted into the National Museum of Dance & Hall of Fame in New York in August for his contribution to dance.

But a group that represents people molested as children plans to disrupt the celebration by demonstrating outside the Saratoga Springs venue.

Jackson, who died on June 25, 2009, at the age of 50, was acquitted of child sex abuse charges in 2005.

'Most often a not-guilty verdict means a wealthy defendant had enough money to buy a verdict of 'reasonable doubt',' wrote John Aretakis and the Reverend Robert Hoatson of the group, Road to Recovery Inc, in a letter to the museum

'We know your Hall of Fame may do good work and is trying to secure state and national notoriety, media coverage and significant donations. However, to do so on the backs of childhood survivors of sexual abuse by honouring a paedophile is not a good business decision.'

Donna Skiff, a spokeswoman for the museum, told a US newspaper: 'We are honouring him for his dance and not for his lifestyle.'

<!-- m -->http://www.monstersandcritics.com/peopl ... y-protests<!-- m -->

What is wrong with people?? Americans.. you going to let this happen???? Im shocked.

Comments

• liegiliegi Posts: 640
    I can't believe this. When will he ever be vindicated?
  • I am so mad right now. This is absolutely ridiculous. People are so up their own asses that they can't even see the truth because their eyes are covered with S**T. Pardon my language, but SERIOUSLY! I for one will NOT stand for this bs.
  • DancingTheDreamDancingTheDream Posts: 4,923
    I am angry that even in death (and these protesting people believe MJ has died) - Michael is still hounded. Why are they doing this?? There are plenty of other ways they can get their message across.

Leave Michael alone... now more than ever!! Im angry too.
  • wildswilds Posts: 198
    Don't these dumb people realize Michael was found NOT GUILTY! WTF part of NOT GUILTY do they not understand? There was no evidence to convict the man because he was innocent.

So on what grounds are they protesting his induction?

Michael is not a damn child molester, was found NOT GUILTY and is not on any predator/sex offender list. I wish I lived there so I could protest these idiots slandering Michael's name!
  • katoooooookatooooooo Posts: 371
    i made a little research about those ....guys ...
    the first one is an attorney
    <!-- m -->http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2008 ... 786826.txt<!-- m -->
    who was the attorney of the second one (the reverend)
    <!-- m -->http://reform-network.net/?p=2378<!-- m -->
    and about their group
    <!-- m -->http://www.road-to-recovery.org/page/ab ... d-recovery<!-- m -->
    there is a contact link in the last link <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • wildswilds Posts: 198
    from ejacobs29 twitter: Please contact Bob at Road to recovery who just finished telling me MJ was a sick freak who molested children 862. 368. 2800 #justice4mj
  • mumof3mumof3 Posts: 1,973
    How can I help is there a email or twitter or a petition why can't they just leave him alone they should be ashamed of themselves
  • katoooooookatooooooo Posts: 371
    here is the email to the reverend
    <!-- e --><a href="mailto:rmhoatson1@msn.com">rmhoatson1@msn.com</a><!-- e -->
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    I wish I could just kick his ass all up and down the block <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: --> <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: --> Will definitely hear from me. I can't rest when stuff like this is going down. This is insane. Children learn from adults. Pray for these children. They don't stand a chance as long as they are being fed rhetoric like this by the likes of these ignant mo fos. Child molesting Freak? <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: --> <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: --> Hell to the naw <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: -->
  • I can't believe what I read.... <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| -->

So you are guilty or you're "not yet prooved guilty"...no way to escape, no way to proove your innocence !
    It's a corrida, once the door is closed behind the bull, it's over, whether he fights to stay alive or not. And people pay and enjoy the show.
  • NakiskaNakiska Posts: 90
    I emailed them. Everyone NEEDS to e-mail this nutjob! We cant let this happen! I sent them Aphrodites Jones youtube link to the Michael Episode.
  • HazzelyHazzely Posts: 1,443
    From Justice4MJ

This group who is run by Bob Hoatson is the founder of a group called:
    <!-- m -->http://www.road-to-recovery.org/content ... d-recovery<!-- m -->

I contacted Bob on behalf of justice4mj.com. I was confronted with an angry hateful man that called Michael a sick freak, who was a child molester. He told me he paid off his jury in 2005. He called Michael names, the entire conversation. I remained calm and stuck to the facts. He was not hearing me.

I put his contact info all over face book and fans have begun calling and emailing him. If you live in the states please call and if you live overseas, please email. He should not be allowed to collect money or further his cause on the back on an innocent man. When calling block your number..he has called me twice and hung up on me.

<!-- m -->http://www.road-to-recovery.org/content ... d-recovery<!-- m -->
    Just because Michael is gone does not make it right to exploit his civil or human rights.

Thank you in advance for your help. I appreciate everything Michael's fans do on his behalf.
  • lovemjlovemj Posts: 129
    i.m going to email them as soon as i get off of here i,m fuming i agree what part of not guilty does these people not understand <!-- s:twisted: -->:twisted:<!-- s:twisted: -->
  • mjfansince4mjfansince4 Posts: 1,030
    i sent him an e-mail. this is what i said:

RE: Article from Monstersandcritics.com
    Sent: Wed 7/07/10 4:06 PM
    To: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:rmhoatson1@msn.com">rmhoatson1@msn.com</a><!-- e -->

Reverend Hoatson,

I unfortunately came across a recent article from monstersandcritics.com, "Michael Jackson Museum Induction to be Hit by Protestors" by Gavin Wilson, and was appalled at your comment. To refresh your memory, you and Attorney John Aretakis said, "Most often a not-guilty verdict means a wealthy defendant had enough money to buy a verdict of 'reasonable doubt." I think it would be more wise to actually learn about a case before you reference it in a letter. The lies you saw in the media are not what happened. It's been 5 years since Michael Jackson was proven innocent. Please, get to know the man before you are so quick to judge. He is not what you think, he's much better. He has supported 39 charities and broke the world record in the 2000 Guisness Book of World Records for "Most Charities Supported by a Pop Star." For a list of the charities he supported: {http://www.allmichaeljackson.com/charities.html}. As a sidenote, those are the ones he put his name to. There are many more where he has been a silent donor. Does that sound like a man who buys "reasonable doubt?"

As for the "victims," the first accuser got a multi-million dollar pay out, and the second accuser tried to do the same, but failed. If anyone was trying to "buy" anything, it was the alleged victims trying to buy Mr. Jackson's life. Allegations of molestation are not taken lightly, and in some ways, the alleged victims were successful in buying Mr. Jackson's life- he was never looked the same in the eyes of the public. In the Judicial System he was innocent, but faced a trial by media and said to be "guilty." It seems that 5 years later, people don't bother to find the truth out for themselves, only to follow what the biased media has said.

I was very surprised to see Mr. Aretakis partake in the co-letter to the National Museum of Dance and Hall of Fame. As an attorney, I would like to think he believes in the justice of the Judicial System. To remind you and him, the basis of our legal system is "Innocent until proven guilty." Michael Jackson was innocent. Michael Jackson was proven not guilty- on 10 counts. Please help me understand how he bought "reasonable doubt" when the "facts" in the case were lies twisted by Tom Sneddon. I don't really understand your and Mr. Aretakis' argument.

I have gone to your website, and I think helping people deal with abuse is a very honorable action. I, myself, suffered from domestic abuse when I was younger. I know about the pain and the hurt. I also know about forgiveness and determining what is right and wrong.

I pray that you and Mr. Aretakis can have a change of heart and hopefully retract your statement to the Museum. I'll quote Luke 23:34- "Jesus said, 'Father, Forgive them, for they do not know what they're doing.'"

God Bless.
    BK
  • I emailed them. Everyone NEEDS to e-mail this nutjob! We cant let this happen! I sent them Aphrodites Jones youtube link to the Michael Episode.

Someone also needs to send them the FBI files that vindicated him. They dogged him for years and never found any proof of wrongdoing. These people are acting out of hurt but to group Michael in a class just because of his wealth is totally wrong. What they were in essence saying is that Michael bought his freedom. They should be ashamed. Michael paid dearly and he was an innocent man.
  • msteetee34msteetee34 Posts: 1,234
    If this is true that is sad and messed up. The man was found innocent. FBI files even back up that he was innocent. I also heard a statement from the boys dad on that show Gone Too Soon and he was talking trash saying he was going give MJ something he wasn't ready for. It's almost like these people are putting their bad experiences on MJ as a target. They need to blame the ones who are actually responsible for their abuse. I never believe MJ was guilty. How could a man be loved by so many children and be a monster? I'm sorry. My niece is 4 yrs. old and she love herself some MJ. She even ask me to make her a Michael Jackson CD. That's how much she love him. Children are the best judge of character which is why MJ probably surrounded himself with them. They show you love no matter what. Their not judgemental like adults can be at times.
  • Geez, Louise!!! Are these people ever going to get a clue about this? It's like they're STUCK on stupid, for realz. <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    msteetee34 I agree with you too. Victims of abuse need someone to blame. They should be more focused on finding and fighting their abusers, not an innocent man.

Maybe they need to see the Tom Sneddon video... <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • wow what is this group doing againsts those creepy preists who REALLY abused hundreds of children?
  • msteetee34 I agree with you too. Victims of abuse need someone to blame. They should be more focused on finding and fighting their abusers, not an innocent man.

Maybe they need to see the Tom Sneddon video... <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Agreed.