Michael Jackson Games for November

DancingTheDreamDancingTheDream Posts: 4,923
edited January 1970 in News
By Matthew Reynolds, Gaming Editor

Michael Jackson: The Experience
Ubisoft has detailed its line of Michael Jackson games.

Titled Michael Jackson: The Experience, the console releases will feature dancing and singing elements for a variety of tracks from the singer's back catalogue.

It will utilise motion controllers, with support for Xbox 360's Kinect, PS3's Move controller and the Nintendo Wii.

Kinect will offer full body motion tracking and will project players on screen using the 'Player Projection' technology offered in Your Shape: Fitness Evolved.

Both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions will feature karaoke modes to sing along to tracks, along with an auto-pitch correction for incorrect notes.

The systems will allow four users to play simultaneously, while the Wii version will support eight players through passing the controller.

Confirmed tracks include 'Beat It' and 'Billie Jean', with Jackson himself featuring as a dance coach.

Also announced were DS and PSP editions with rhythm-based gameplay and unlockable trivia and mini-games.

All versions will be released in November.

<!-- m -->http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news ... r.html?rss<!-- m -->

November again, huh?

Comments

• PJ4MJPJ4MJ Posts: 323
    Another article with additional info:

Michael Jackson: The Game Official Name & Release Date Revealed - Kev J.

At the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles last month, Ubisoft announced the development of a new videogame based upon the legacy of the “King of Pop”, Michael Jackson. Beyond the revelation that a game is currently in production however, very little information has yet been disclosed – including that of the official title for the game. That has now changed, with Ubisoft officially confirming that Michael Jackson: The Experience is currently in development for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii, Nintendo DS and PlayStation Portable (PSP).

Players will step into the shoes of the “King of Pop” with Michael Jackson: The Experience, the new performance based videogame that immerses players into the pop universe that Michael Jackson pioneered, through the use of the latest gaming technology. Players can re-live Michael Jackson’s greatest performances and perform the most famous songs from his extensive back catalogue. Featuring the likes of Billie Jean and Beat It, players will be given tuition on how to move like Michael from the man himself, and take centre stage for themselves.

Developed as a collaboration with Michael Jackson prior to his untimely death, Michael Jackson: The Experience promises to honour his memory by inviting fans worldwide to pick-up the microphone for themselves. Not only will players receive dance lessons directly from the artist, but also be taught the finer points of hitting those hard notes. And for those not too confident about their vocal talent, Michael Jackson: The Experience will feature a number of voice-enhancing mechanics, including an exclusive pitch-correction capability.

Michael Jackson: The Experience is currently expected to be available worldwide this November on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii, Nintendo DS and PSP. Electronic Theatre will keep you updated with all the latest information on Michael Jackson: The Experience, including bringing you the details on each format’s unique gameplay opportunities over the next fortnight.

<!-- m -->http://electronictheatre.co.uk/index.ph ... e-revealed<!-- m -->

November...just in time forthe big holiday season.
  • Between this and the new album coming out in November, it looks like November is going to be quite an eventful month Wonder what else might happen? <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • GlindaGlinda Posts: 658
    From ubisoft right?
    Same ubisoft from this fantastic game
    assassins-creed-logo.jpg <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| -->
    reminds me of the freemasonlogo btw.
  • PinkTopazPinkTopaz Posts: 1,013
    From ubisoft right?
    Same ubisoft from this fantastic game
    assassins-creed-logo.jpg <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| -->
    reminds me of the freemasonlogo btw.
    Ersh, I know, what's up with that?

Someone else suggested before that that company was somehow not really working on it since there was nothing on their site about- it might sound far-fetched, but I don't really see why MJ would work with someone who produced that..(I hate those uber-violent games that the American/European companies churn out so many of..)
  • PJ4MJPJ4MJ Posts: 323
    ..(I hate those uber-violent games that the American/European companies churn out so many of..)

Yeah, like Grand Theft Auto. What does that say about society? Our kids play this crap and boy, does it sell. According to Wikipedia, over 70 MILLION copies worldwide. Let's hope Michael's game surpasses that.
  • PinkTopazPinkTopaz Posts: 1,013
    ..(I hate those uber-violent games that the American/European companies churn out so many of..)

Yeah, like Grand Theft Auto. What does that say about society? Our kids play this crap and boy, does it sell. According to Wikipedia, over 70 MILLION copies worldwide. Let's hope Michael's game surpasses that.
    Meh, hopefully there are more kids playing the fun quirky (usually Japanese ones) like Mario and Cooking Mama than those..