New Twitter Rally July 10, 2010 12:00 PST (midnight)

SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
edited July 2010 in TIAI

According to Twitter it's best to do the rally between 12:00 (midnight) and 6:00 am. Around that time you can make a tweet trending with around 500 contributors. If we all participate it should be doable. We left Elvis out of the tweets, because we noticed many do not want to participate if ElvisAndMJ is the topic. Because we and a lot of other members as well think it's still a good idea to draw attention to this, the idea is to make the hastags #MJAlive and #michaeljacksonhoaxforumdotcom trending, and post a link to <!-- m -->http://www.elvisandmj.com<!-- m --> on the index page of the website. In that case we will draw attention to the hoax recap AND elvisandmj.com, and visitors can make up their own mind.

The hashtags:

#MJAlive
#michaeljacksonhoaxforumdotcom

Now trending and worth taking advantage of in our tweets:

#wakemeupwhen

It's very short notice, so please tweet this topic and the video to all your followers and link it like crazy!

It should be possible to get around 500 hoaxers to join the rally. Like Jermaine said:

jerm.jpg

"The media should take notice..."

Let's help Jermaine a little with that!

[youtube:3pk6dexh]

To be exact: it's midnight July 10, between July 9 and July 10, so tonight! Here is the timetable:

timejuly10.jpg

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Comments

• paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    Yes, I think we should let Elvis out of this <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • LonelynationLonelynation Posts: 277
    ^ I second that
  • HazzelyHazzely Posts: 1,443
    We could take advantage of this TT "Involuntary manslaughter" <!-- m -->http://twitter.com/#search?q=Involuntary%20Manslaughter<!-- m --> to tweet #MJAlive or #Michaeljacksonhoaxforumdotcom since Murray was also charged with involuntary m. for now..
  • ROFLROFL Posts: 530
    Good idea!
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    We could take advantage of this TT "Involuntary manslaughter" <!-- m -->http://twitter.com/#search?q=Involuntary%20Manslaughter<!-- m --> to tweet #MJAlive or #Michaeljacksonhoaxforumdotcom since Murray was also charged with involuntary m. for now..

True, but that means we should tweet now and that won't do it, we need to plan this in advance. Let's hope this will still be trending in a few days, or otherwise something else we could take advantage of! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• The key to have a successful twitter campaign this time ( and yes I contributed to the previous campaign!) is to have a lot more people willing to send a couple of tweets and people will need to believe that it is the right thing to do.
    What needs to be better articulatedr is:

1. Why a twitter campaign?
    2. Which message to we want to get out?

By getting 1) and 2) right, this could be a great success...

What do you all think?

With L.O.V.E
  • HazzelyHazzely Posts: 1,443

True, but that means we should tweet now and that won't do it, we need to plan this in advance. Let's hope this will still be trending in a few days, or otherwise something else we could take advantage of! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Oh and now that I've seen what was that TT about..my bad!!!

I know i'm going off topic but check this out, this officer was found not guilty and charged with inv.mansl.
    Pardon my language but THIS FUCKING WORLD HAS GONE CRAZY, INVOLUNTARY MANSLAUGHTER MY ASS!!
    [youtube:1jinyo5c]
  • Believe 777Believe 777 Posts: 403
    I think we should link to the page that was created for newcomers. Most non-believers or the non-interested need to see the main reasons for us believing in the hoax, from the start. I agree that the Elvis connection is putting people off and we are trying to grab people's attention with something that is too instantly dismissed as crazy by too many people. Their interest needs to be sparked with something they can see and it needs to be made obvious to them that events do not add up.
    Maybe all the events with Murray would be good too as this is what the majority of the public would have some knowledge on. Focusing on what has been broadcast on the mainstream news and papers will be something they can relate too. The first thing people need to 'see' is that it is infact very likely that MJ did hoax his death, then if their curiosity is peaked then they maybe intrigued to find out more, including why. JMO
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    I think we should link to the page that was created for newcomers. Most non-believers or the non-interested need to see the main reasons for us believing in the hoax, from the start. I agree that the Elvis connection is putting people off and we are trying to grab people's attention with something that is too instantly dismissed as crazy by too many people. Their interest needs to be sparked with something they can see and it needs to be made obvious to them that events do not add up.
    Maybe all the events with Murray would be good too as this is what the majority of the public would have some knowledge on. Focusing on what has been broadcast on the mainstream news and papers will be something they can relate too. The first thing people need to 'see' is that it is infact very likely that MJ did hoax his death, then if their curiosity is peaked then they maybe intrigued to find out more, including why. JMO

#michaeljacksonhoaxforumdotcom redirects to the index, where the recaps are on top in all languages, that should do the trick.

But we need to plan this as well. I can make a video and spread it on YouTube, but I am sure there are more ways to spam this around. Facebook, Myspace etc.

Any ideas? And are there people that want to help with that?

• Believe 777Believe 777 Posts: 403

#michaeljacksonhoaxforumdotcom redirects to the index, where the recaps are on top in all languages, that should do the trick.

But we need to plan this as well. I can make a video and spread it on YouTube, but I am sure there are more ways to spam this around. Facebook, Myspace etc.

Any ideas? And are there people that want to help with that?

Sorry, I didn't realise that <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->

I have read that it's the amount of contributors that is the problem, so maybe everyone could create several accounts as well as lots of tweets. This is not my forte really but I will have a think on it. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • mjj4ever777mjj4ever777 Posts: 1,467
    I'm definitely in Souza...i tweeted my butt off over the last few days. Just let me know if there is anything I can help with. I agree that we need to re-direct here, but using a different hashtag.
  • MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    The whole Elvis & MJ thing made a WHOLE lot of sense though, I will help with the new twitter trending mission, but we should still try to make many people aware of <!-- m -->http://www.elvisandmj.com<!-- m --> somehow <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • We could take advantage of this TT "Involuntary manslaughter" <!-- m -->http://twitter.com/#search?q=Involuntary%20Manslaughter<!-- m --> to tweet #MJAlive or #Michaeljacksonhoaxforumdotcom since Murray was also charged with involuntary m. for now..

Oh and now that I've seen what was that TT about..my bad!!!

I know i'm going off topic but check this out, this officer was found not guilty and charged with inv.mansl.
    Pardon my language but THIS FUCKING WORLD HAS GONE CRAZY, INVOLUNTARY MANSLAUGHTER MY ASS!!
    [youtube:2q9qud9w]

oh yea that case was serious...i was in oakland today n they evacuated the schools n sent ppl home from work early for the verdict cuz they were scared ppl were going to riot...it was a mess

midnight to 6 am is referring to which time zone? i think thats very important to establish since we're all over the world
  • lomaloma Posts: 1,366
    When exactly is this going to take place?
    I'm willing to stay up 'till 12. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    Though we better hurry before the World Cup TTs move in!

Some people should post on the believer groups on Facebook,
    telling them to check the page first of course.
    I'm sure they'd agree to spamming the review page,
    since it's well put-together.
    <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • Will a Press Release work? You can issue one and that can also be spread.
  • missy_missymissy_missy Posts: 108
    how do u issue a press release?

are ppl still tweeting #ElvisandMjdotcom ?

this is a good idea. we need to better plan it. I think #MJisalive is good - straight to the point and short, so it'll be easier to type out.
  • JukeBoxJukeBox Posts: 378
    The whole Elvis & MJ thing made a WHOLE lot of sense though, I will help with the new twitter trending mission, but we should still try to make many people aware of <!-- m -->http://www.elvisandmj.com<!-- m --> somehow <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

ok TS redirected to MJFAN7's post, so a few suggestions for this:

1) a new hashtag --> #wwwELVISANDMJcom (seems idiot-proof to me)

2) like someone suggested in another thread, ask random strangers to help you RT, nicely. i've tried, it really works to gain new contributors, maybe 1 in 10 or 15 ppl i ask actually RT-ed it. (this is how i tried asking: "hi! can u help me retweet this just once? #elvisandmjdotcom. thanks i love u!")

3) for it to trend, we need a critical mass. asking strangers helps us get new contributors, but we need to be careful in explaining what the link is about, if they ask. It's natural that people get extremely turned off if we try to suggest MJ or Elvis hoax their deaths somehow, from a non-believer's point of view, it's extremely disrespectful. If our goal is to trend the topic, then we should explain carefully when they ask, for e.g. "this site showed me some unbelievable similarities between Elvis & MJ!! check it out when u're free, it's really interesting!"

(of course there were some (but very few) ppl who replied very harshly telling me to f**k off when i tried asking, but it's impt not to let it get us down, just reply nicely & end with 'God Bless u' or something, it usually annoys them more than replying something really harsh back <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->. just rmb there are much more ppl who r willing to help.)

where i targeted non-believers: clicked on the trending topics and replied to people who were tweeting there. there is a continuous stream of new people cos of the real-time updates.

by asking random strangers to help we are, at the same time, spreading the word about <!-- m -->http://elvisandmj.com<!-- m -->.

4) thus from point 3, it's not a gd idea to try to trend #mjisalive first. maybe AFTER we get the Elvisandmj tag trending, then we can add in all our tweets about MJisalive and the Death Hoax Forum link. That helps to explain to people why ElvisandMJ is trending.
  • Good idea.
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    I'm up for it. Just give me all details, time and date.
  • PinkTopazPinkTopaz Posts: 1,013
    ^ Me too. Just hope mah account will be un-suspended soon!
  • MJalive999MJalive999 Posts: 316
    #MJAlive + site link (<!-- m -->http://www.elvisandmj.com<!-- m -->) ! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • #MJAlive + site link (<!-- m -->http://www.elvisandmj.com<!-- m -->) ! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Some people refused to tweet #ElvisandMjdotcom and do you think they will tweet the site link...?
    #MJAlive + site link (<!-- m -->http://www.elvisandmj.com<!-- m -->) ! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Some people refused to tweet #ElvisandMjdotcom and do you think they will tweet the site link...?

tweet the site link, who wants <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
    its better than ' #michaeljacksonhoaxforumdotcom'

btw, what is going to happen after this becomes a TT??
    and...if it doesn't happen?? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

> I am NOT being negative. I'm being realistic and making sensible questions. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • #MJAlive + site link (<!-- m -->http://www.elvisandmj.com<!-- m -->) ! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Well, but the site link is the same thing as #ElvisandMjdotcom. and you know what happened with that.....
    I don't see a big difference between #ElvisandMjdotcom and <!-- m -->http://www.elvisandmj.com<!-- m -->
    I know that it's better than #michaeljacksonhoaxforumdotcom, but I know also that some people will refuse to do it.

Well, but the site link is the same thing as #ElvisandMjdotcom. and you know what happened with that.....
    I don't see a big difference between #ElvisandMjdotcom and <!-- m -->http://www.elvisandmj.com<!-- m -->
    I know that it's better than #michaeljacksonhoaxforumdotcom, but I know also that some people will refuse to do it.

can you see the whole drama? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->