Prince album is free in the UK mirror paper

mumof3mumof3 Posts: 1,973
edited January 1970 in News
Will listen later hope you all got yours wonder if there is any michael things in the album 20ten

Comments

• would you mind posting a link please? Thanks.
  • mumof3mumof3 Posts: 1,973
    <!-- m -->http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/2010/07/ ... -22399155/<!-- m -->

I have listened to the album it is great but hard to understand

• It leaked yesterday already, have been enjoying it <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

For those who don't follow me on Twitter, here's the link again to listen to it: <!-- m -->http://tinyurl.com/2fzqy2s<!-- m -->

I especially like Act of God, listen to the lyrics please...

[youtube:29tlomdk]
  • mumof3mumof3 Posts: 1,973
    Thankyou will listen wonder why he is giving the album for free it must be good publicity and to gain new fans
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    Once I thought that TS was Prince <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> I confess <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->

This song reminds me of some chats "Everybody Loves Me" <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

That song, Act of God, i mean, come on <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> the lyrics are not just random, or I am hoaxessed...IDK <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • :lol: <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    Once I thought that TS was Prince <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> I confess <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->

This song reminds me of some chats "Everybody Loves Me" <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

That song, Act of God, i mean, come on <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> the lyrics are not just random, or I am hoaxessed...IDK <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

No you're not hoaxessed <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Prince watched Michael Moore's Capitalism A Love Story, for sure. He even linked to it from his website.
  • Thankyou will listen wonder why he is giving the album for free it must be good publicity and to gain new fans

This was an excellent way to avoid interference from the record industry. The newspapers paid for the CDs so Prince got his money, and was assured his album was spread.
    In 2007 Prince was also with AEG in understand? wasn´t an isse about fan sites relesing private live pocs from the O2 arena in London?
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    Indeed the lyrics of Act of God are meaningful...Does Prince have a twitter account ? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    I think so. I stated following him from day 1, but at the end I felt it was a fake account so I unfollow him.

• Prince is not on Twitter...
  • rowdyangelrowdyangel Posts: 546
    The album has a hidden track called 'Track 77'. I just ripped it on my PC and went <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> when I saw it!!

• Yep, more 7's for Prince!
  • starlight30starlight30 Posts: 193
    "The Internet's completely over," Prince declared to England's Daily Mirror, sounding like he's ready to party not quite like it's 1999, but more like '79. "I don't see why I should give my new music to iTunes or anyone else [digitally]. They won't pay me an advance for it, and then they get angry when they can't get it....All these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."

Prince's rejection of all thing Interweb came as quite a shock, considering that the man was once seemingly completely besotted with the digital revolution. For a man who very publicly battled with his record label, Warner Bros., because he wanted to release more product than Warner was willing to, a guy with hundreds of unreleased songs under his purple belt, it seemed like the perfect means to get all that music to the fans, eliminating the middleman.
    <!-- m -->http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/thatsr ... net-cries/<!-- m -->
    Thanks for posting. I like the song. It is a brave statement.
  • cin_pytcin_pyt Posts: 632
    HIDDEN TRACK GUESS WHAT NUMBER? TRACK 77 LAY DOWN........PURPLE YODA STAR WARS............ <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • cin_pytcin_pyt Posts: 632
    BEING IN THE U.S. SUCKS RIGHT NOW IT'S LIKE SHOWING A KID A LOLLIPOP LOOK I HAVE IT THEY GET IT YOU DON'T!!! I WANT IT NOW! I'M READING ALL THE REVIEWS AND GOING I WISH I COULD HEAR IT. PRINCE WHY YOU LIKE DAT?
  • Game PlayerGame Player Posts: 386
    I get what Prince means by "the internet is over" when comparing it to MTV. MTV used to show tons and tons of music videos but now it's all advertisements in your face and mindless crap... much like the internet is now. It wasn't always this full of pop-ups, ads, and viral marketing etc. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • [youtube:2h932q15]

I am so LATE in seeing this thread, lol..

I like this song too, the beat Reminds me of "Lets GO crazy!"

UK get's ALL the good FREE stuff, we american's messed everything up... <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

Didn't treat our artists correctly. Sad.

Peace

[youtube:2h932q15]

Ok I admit it, I had a huge crush... I was 16 when Purple Rain came out...

Morris Day and The Time are still some of my ALL time favs. from this era.
    love..Peace..Unity