I did it my way / This is it ... another dot ...

mac5kmac5k Posts: 338
edited January 1970 in General Hoax Investigation
[youtube:3bj6qr60]

Elvis Presley began performing the song in concert during the mid-1970s, in spite of suggestions by Paul Anka, who told him it was not a song that would suit him. Nevertheless, on January 12 and 14 of 1973 Presley sang the song during his satellite show "Aloha from Hawaii", beamed live and on deferred basis (for European audiences, who also saw it in prime time), to 43 countries via Intelsat, the only time that a single entertainer faced such a worldwide audience. In the continental US, the show was carried by NBC, and shown in primetime on 14 April, thus achieving very high ratings and eventually helping the show reach a worldwide viewership of over 1 billion.

On October 3, 1977, several weeks after his death, his live recording of "My Way" (recorded for the "Elvis In Concert" CBS-TV special on June 21, 1977) was released as a single. In the U.S., it reached number 22 on the Billboard Hot 100 pop singles chart, number 6 on the Billboard Adult Contemporary chart, and the following year reached number 2 on the Billboard Country singles chart but went all the way to number 1 on the rival Cash Box Country Singles chart. In the UK, it reached number 9 on the UK Singles Chart.

[youtube:3bj6qr60]

Both songs written by Paul Anka ... Another coincidence ... <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Comments

• RKRK Posts: 3,019
    And they just keep adding up. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    I honestly feel Michael was singing this behind the stage, or prerecorded specifically for this performance. This rendition is different than the one used for the movie. How beautifully this whole Paul Anka commonality in the two songs ties together the MJ and Elvis for this hoax. Genius is all I can say!!! MJ also did it "his way" and faced the final curtain, and moved beyond it to the waiting chapter we're in now before the BAM!! Are there going to be as many dots to decipher in the hoax, as there is in the fan-a-dot art work of MJ? This is going to be tough....
  • ElsaElsa Posts: 341
    If Paul Anka isn't part of this hoax then his comments in this interview with TMZ are completely delusional. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> He thinks This Is It was too good to be a Michael Jackson song. <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2009/10/12/paul-anka-i-get-half/<!-- m -->

When I hear Paul Anka singing Paul Anka I see why he needs other entertainers to save his weary durges from the Nana pile.