MJ Death Mansion for Sale -- Fans Already Calling

trublutrublu Posts: 1,011
edited January 1970 in News
MJ Death Mansion for Sale -- Fans Already Calling
20 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

The Holmby Hills mansion where Michael Jackson overdosed on Propofol and died is back on the market for a cool $28 mil -- but the owners are asking for roughly $10 million less than they did before MJ kicked the bucket.

0804-mj-house-launch-exd-1-credit.jpg
Click here to see the photos: <!-- m -->http://photos.tmz.com/galleries/michael ... ost_recent<!-- m -->

The 17,171 square foot home on Carolwood Drive -- which includes 7 bedrooms, a 7-car garage, and 13 toilets -- was officially put up for sale on Monday ... with an asking price of $28,995,000.

Sources close to the estate tell TMZ that several MJ fans have already expressed interest -- possibly in an attempt to get a sneak peek inside -- but the owners have required all potential buyers to go through an "extensive pre-qualifying check" before they can even walk in the door.

Back in 2008, the property owner -- Ed Hardy CEO Hubert Guez -- tried selling the place for $38 million ... but when that didn't work out, he agreed to let MJ live in the home while he rehearsed for the "This Is It" tour.

According to RealEstalker.com, Guez had recently tried to rent out the property for $300,000 per month ... but ultimately decided he would try and get rid of it all together, with the discounted price tag.

So far, it's unclear if Guez is entertaining any serious offers.

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/08/04/michael-j ... mby-hills/<!-- m -->

<!-- m -->http://photos.tmz.com/galleries/michael ... ost_recent<!-- m -->

EDIT: The image didn't go in how I wanted...Will have to learn how to do that <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

Comments

• trublutrublu Posts: 1,011
    I don't know the expression "kicked the bucket"..is it disrespectful? Does it mean died? Sorry for my ignorance <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->
  • tabloidburntabloidburn Posts: 1,621
    I don't know the expression "kicked the bucket"..is it disrespectful? Does it mean died? Sorry for my ignorance <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->

it's a colloquial way to say that someone died. not disrespectful, really, but just a term in spoken language. pretty unusual for journalists to write it like that, but this is tmz... <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

<!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->

edit: just noticed the entry line: '...where michael jackson overdosed on propofol and died...'. when you klick the 'kicked the bucket line', it leads you to the original article from june 25, 2009 (2:20 pdt!) saying that he suffered cardiac arrest and died in the hospital. now they officially have two versions themselves, it seems...i don't remember them using that expression 'overdosed on propofol' before...also, it usually sounds like self-inflicted when you write 'died from an overdose'. is it like tmz playing around with the different versions of 'how mike died' now?

• Yes Trublu, it is slang meaning someone has died. It's more insensitive than disrespectful, I think. Although, in the context of Michael, I'm a little offended that they use that phrase. That's just me.

it's a colloquial way to say that someone died. not disrespectful, really, but just a term in spoken language. pretty unusual for journalists to write it like that, but this is tmz... <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Thank you so much <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
    Then the comments at the bottom of the page are a bit strange. I thought maybe it referred to suicide after reading one of the comments saying that Murray killed him and that he didn't 'kick the bucket'.
    Yes Trublu, it is slang meaning someone has died. It's more insensitive than disrespectful, I think. Although, in the context of Michael, I'm a little offended that they use that phrase. That's just me.

I see CantGetEnoughMJ , thank you for your explanation.
  • The 17,171 square foot home on Carolwood Drive -- which includes 7 bedrooms, a 7-car garage, and 13 toilets -- was officially put up for sale on Monday

I SEE LOTS OF SEVENS THERE! 777777
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    HHHouse.jpg

TS BIAS...

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Why would the house be going for cheaper now?? This is a strange story I think <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
    BTW, that house is ridiculously gorgeous.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• Beautiful house:

michael_jackson_house_sale_photos_01_0004_Layer_10_full.jpg

michael_jackson_house_sale_photos_01_0005_Layer_9_full.jpg

michael_jackson_house_sale_photos_01_0003_Layer_11_full.jpg

michael_jackson_house_sale_photos_01_0010_Layer_4_full.jpg

michael_jackson_house_sale_photos_01_0008_Layer_6_full.jpg

michael_jackson_house_sale_photos_01_0000_Layer_14_full.jpg

michael_jackson_house_sale_photos_01_0013_Layer_1_full.jpg

michael_jackson_house_sale_photos_01_0011_Layer_3_full.jpg

michael_jackson_house_sale_photos_01_0007_Layer_7_full.jpg

michael_jackson_house_sale_photos_01_0001_Layer_13_full.jpg

michael_jackson_house_sale_photos_01_0002_Layer_12_full.jpg

michael_jackson_house_sale_photos_01_0006_Layer_8_full.jpg
    HHHouse.jpg

TS BIAS...

WOW <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->
  • tabloidburntabloidburn Posts: 1,621

it is, i just don't get that 'old furniture'-thing most americans seem to have going. i have american family (totally normal ppl) and they're all into that stuff, too...it's almost overloaded with all that plushy furniture. then again, it's all in the same style. so altogether, i fully agree with you. <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
    edit: just noticed the entry line: '...where michael jackson overdosed on propofol and died...'. when you klick the 'kicked the bucket line', it leads you to the original article from june 25, 2009 (2:20 pdt!) saying that he suffered cardiac arrest and died in the hospital. now they officially have two versions themselves, it seems...i don't remember them using that expression 'overdosed on propofol' before...also, it usually sounds like self-inflicted when you write 'died from an overdose'. is it like tmz playing around with the different versions of 'how mike died' now?

Maybe they are referring to suicide? Here <!-- m -->http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/218800.html<!-- m --> it says:

"One theory as to why, albeit with little evidence to support it, is that the phrase originates from the notion that people hanged themselves by standing on a bucket with a noose around their neck and then kicking the bucket away. "

But then goes on to say that it doesn't refer to suicide. It is a strange saying for a non-native to understand! <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • HHHouse.jpg

TS BIAS...

Well that is pretty clearly spelled out for us! wow.
  • chappiechappie Posts: 529
    RealEstalker.com
    Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh sure....
    Chappie
    RealEstalker.com
    Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh sure....
    Chappie

Domain name: realestalker.com

Administrative Contact:
      Whois Privacy Protection Service, Inc. Whois Agent () +1.4252740657 Fax: +1.4259744730 PMB 368, 14150 NE 20th St - F1 C/O realestalker.com Bellevue, WA 98007 US
    Technical Contact:
      Whois Privacy Protection Service, Inc. Whois Agent () +1.4252740657 Fax: +1.4259744730 PMB 368, 14150 NE 20th St - F1 C/O realestalker.com Bellevue, WA 98007 US

Registrant Contact:
      Whois Privacy Protection Service, Inc. Whois Agent () Fax: PMB 368, 14150 NE 20th St - F1 C/O realestalker.com Bellevue, WA 98007 US

Name Servers:
      dns1.name-services.com dns2.name-services.com dns3.name-services.com dns4.name-services.com dns5.name-services.com

Creation date: 19 Mar 2009 18:08:10
    Expiration date: 19 Mar 2011 18:08:10

it is, i just don't get that 'old furniture'-thing most americans seem to have going. i have american family (totally normal ppl) and they're all into that stuff, too...it's almost overloaded with all that plushy furniture. then again, it's all in the same style. so altogether, i fully agree with you. <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->

It suits the house and it's warm. I love it. Can someone lend me a few million? I can't guarantee I will pay it back though... <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

• paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    "MJ kicked the bucket",
    TMZ uses these words to refer there is Michael, already they have done it before, do not do with other persons that! If! They have died. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

TS BIAS... TMZ who want to say with this? <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
  • ForstAMoonForstAMoon Posts: 1,126
    this comes from realestalker.blogspot:

<!-- m -->http://realestalker.blogspot.com/2010/0 ... beans.html<!-- m -->

Buckle your safety belts butter beans and prepare for a shit storm of publicity because the Los Angeles mansion where Michael Jackson met his untimely death in June of 2009 is back on the market with an asking price of $28,995,000.

The Richard Landry designed dwelling on N. Carolwood Drive in the hoity-toity Holmby Hills area contains a total of 7 bedrooms, 7 garage spaces, 12 fireplaces, and an unlucky 13 poopers. When our seriously superstitious house gurl Svetlana heard there were 13 terlits in the house she dropped to the floor, flailed and wailed around a bit screaming about how "Michael should have known. He should have known..."

The 17,171 square foot faux French chateau sits on a 1.26 acre lot according to listing information and is owned by Roxanne Guez and her controversial clothing manufacturing mogul huzband Hubert who is the current CEO of that upsetting Ed Hardy brand.

Your Mama has written about and dissed on the palatial pile a thousand time before so there's no need for us to rehash the hashed. However, iffin any of the children missed any of our previous discussions some of them are here, here, and here.
    this comes from realestalker.blogspot:

<!-- m -->http://realestalker.blogspot.com/2010/0 ... beans.html<!-- m -->

Buckle your safety belts butter beans and prepare for a shit storm of publicity because the Los Angeles mansion where Michael Jackson met his untimely death in June of 2009 is back on the market with an asking price of $28,995,000.

The Richard Landry designed dwelling on N. Carolwood Drive in the hoity-toity Holmby Hills area contains a total of 7 bedrooms, 7 garage spaces, 12 fireplaces, and an unlucky 13 poopers. When our seriously superstitious house gurl Svetlana heard there were 13 terlits in the house she dropped to the floor, flailed and wailed around a bit screaming about how "Michael should have known. He should have known..."

The 17,171 square foot faux French chateau sits on a 1.26 acre lot according to listing information and is owned by Roxanne Guez and her controversial clothing manufacturing mogul huzband Hubert who is the current CEO of that upsetting Ed Hardy brand.

Your Mama has written about and dissed on the palatial pile a thousand time before so there's no need for us to rehash the hashed. However, iffin any of the children missed any of our previous discussions some of them are here, here, and here.
    <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

• BTW, that house is ridiculously gorgeous.

I love the house, but the furniture would have to leave with the first removal-van that would become available...
  • Wish i had the bucks. It is stunning! I could so picture myself living there WITH Mj! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • The Holmby Hills mansion where Michael Jackson overdosed on Propofol and died is back on the market for a cool $28 mil -- but the owners are asking for roughly $10 million less than they did before MJ kicked the bucket.

They worded it to sound like him overdosing and dying were two seperate events. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • chappiechappie Posts: 529
    Michael Jackson overdosed on Propofol and died is back on the market!
    <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    Chappie
  • What a gorgeous home! We all knew the "death bed" photos weren't from this home with the mattresses laying on the floor in a tiny cramped up room....seen below... LOL! <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->

<!-- m -->http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... %2Bbed%2Bp<!-- m -->

Look at the gorgeous huge master bedroom that DancingtheDream posted (the 5th photo on the previous page) with the fireplace, gorgeous curtains and oh so elegant! As for the death bed "photo" published internationally.....well, just because.....don't make it factual! We get it, Mike! Oh what a circus! Oh what a show!

We love you, Michael! And YES, we will be there! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->