Michael Jackson Nomination 2010 Nobel Peace Prize

diggyondiggyon Posts: 1,376
edited January 1970 in General Hoax Investigation
Hi everyone!

This is actually an old petition that I have received from one of my friends.
I have posted the linke here. So please sign it and let all your friends sign it too.

Peace

Diggyon

<!-- m -->http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/m ... /#signForm<!-- m -->

Comments

• finfinfinfin Posts: 648
    Signed via twitter <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • willddoMJwillddoMJ Posts: 699
    i signed this number of months ago :d
  • diggyondiggyon Posts: 1,376
    i signed this number of months ago :d

That'a why I said it's an old petition!!

For those who didn't sign it please do!!!

Let's show the world that we need peace!!!! Micheal deserves it!
  • Its herIts her Posts: 1,137
    Uh... <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

MJ should have been recognized in this way many years ago. He has opened many doors to peace, and those, SO quietly and SO peacefully, that others have stepped into places they wouldn't have been able to DREAM of just twenty years ago, WITHOUT Michael Jackson's focused footprints & touch, there.

I can think of one person who has received this recognition...out of order, but it's neither here nor there; it is done, and the fact only degrades the award as far as subsequently giving it to MJ....These things are just opinions of men, and men frequently pass over the true to do the political.

The ONLY opinion which actually matters, is God's, when HE says, "Well done, my good and faithful child". Make no mistake, MJ deserves credit for the barriers which have come down between people, WORLDwide and would have received it graciously and humbly. He was investigated and stalked by suspicious governments who feared and distrusted his motives, someone so powerful coming to their little corner of the world---just to do a show. Yet he won them over, with his major Love...

You can sign all the petitions you wish. The way I understand that these things are done is NOT by popular vote. Only "certain" folk are even IN the position of being able to nominate anybody. <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> YUP. <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| -->

I don't know HOW they even look for their choices, if they don't accept letters of recommendation from the rest of the herd. It is a very exclusive list, which MEANS, of course that many many rightful recipients aren't even on it, especially if they are not tooting their own horns, or otherwise making headlines.

Now, certainly MJ made alot of headlines---and more than half of those were making fun and defaming him---despite humanitarian pursuits, which did not see the same light of day.

I think it is TELLING that of all the people on the Nobel Prize committee, ALL these years, NO one wondered for a MOMENT, WHY is this man being pelted by such unending, supernatural, hatred? What can we find out about HIM??

No one thought that perhaps all that was to discredit his kind heart and charitable efforts, and discourage anyone from taking that deeper look into such massive fame as such a young man. NOT ONE <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> thought to look into the pure PHENOMENON of Michael Jackson, worldwide, to even discover someone unique enough for their "prize".

Yet, there he was.

Michael Jackson IS the prize. Does he NEED a placque telling him or us that he is wonderful? <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

The Nobel "award" committee failed every year, to in recognize his streamlined accomplishments as the unofficial undercover ambassador of LOVE (& World Peace), and then in 1993, probably smugly congratulated themselves on avoiding a catastrophic error.

If wishing could make it so, I think MJ would still be honored to be recognized in this way. To be in the same group, with the likes of Mother Theresa, would bless him--maybe to tears. But, there's the other thing: this exclusive club is for LIVING folk. It is never awarded postumously.
    Everyone knows MJ died. He was THAT famous!! Manifesting himself NOW, as a big liar about his own death (in other words, COMING BACK to life, in order to be eligible) will go over about as well as his historic allegations as a monster who entices children. In other words, when pigs fly... <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->

MJ has so many awards--probably more than anyone else. In years past, I think he knew exactly which ones were still missing from his collection...lately, with him selling off very sentimental and meaningful, KEY pieces of his estate, his children's inheritance, his family's inheritance---things his nephews, his sisters---his mom, would have been honored to cherish of his memory---as if they are NOTHING?? I think he found something MORE valuable to put all his time and effort into.

Winning awards is...old, compared to this New Thing...whatever it turns out to be for. It reminds me of another bible story, something Jesus said about a guy who found a pearl of great price buried in a field. Once he realized this was there, he went and sold ALL he had in order to buy this field and obtain rights to this pearl. In the story, the pearl is us, PEOPLE. The field is the World.

Even though MJ hasn't said this, and alot of people resent all these lines from the bible, it makes you WONDER, eh? <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> What ELSE could be so important as people in the whole earth? What else could compell billions of dollars to come from the four corners of the earth, to the hand of someone we all know has a plan for it---and it is NOT to make him rich or famous. What on earth could it be? I still can't imagine. But I bet it will leave "certain" folk, SPEECHLESS.

I'm sorry, <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> I've thought about this a long time. Some things are just not fair and this is one of them. But, it is ultimately a small loss, in the Great Scheme of things... Just had to get that off my heart. <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| -->
  • PJ4MJPJ4MJ Posts: 323
    The Nobel Peace Prize is a joke. People are brainwashed to believe it's more prestigious than it is just because of its name and the fact that the media plays it up. I won't deny that the winner gets enormous exposure, and that would certainly happen with Michael should he receive it. However, that's not going to happen through any petition on some website.

The Nobel Foundation, which manages the finances for and administers the prize, is a private organization. The Norwegian Nobel Committee is made up of FIVE members
    selected by the Norwegian Parliament who represent its political make-up. Members cannot be current government officials but almost always formerly held political positions of some kind. It's a POLITICAL organization. Since when have political organizations been the best ambassadors for peace? And being political, one can bet that politics come into play on who will be chosen to receive the prize. Take, for example, the recent winners Al Gore and Barack Obama, and ask yourself this: Were they awarded this "honor" for their exemplary and tireless example in promoting peace, or were political agendas involved? For those still skeptical, is there any real reason why Barack Obama wins the prize after one year as U.S. president, yet the great Indian advocate of non-violence, Mahatma Ghandi, was never awarded the prize?
    <!-- m -->http://nobelpeaceprize.org/en_GB/about_ ... ize/facts/<!-- m -->

I wholeheartedly believe that the committee uses the public stature of their prize and the relative ignorance of the public regarding its background as a means to promote political ideologies and agendas that suit them. No doubt this involves international collaboration and back room deals. Their own website states that: "Information in the Nobel Committee's nominations data base is not made public until after fifty years." Why do you think that is?? Maybe because in 50 years' time, 1) the sway in public opinion that their agenda is trying to manipulate will already have been achieved; and 2) no one will pretty much care about or even remember what was going on 50 years ago.
    <!-- m -->http://nobelpeaceprize.org/en_GB/nomina ... -nominate/<!-- m -->

This same page mentions who may submit valid peace prize nominations. It's a pretty elite group:
    * Members of national assemblies and governments of states.
    * Members of international courts.
    * University rectors; professors of social sciences, history, philosophy, law and theology; directors of peace research institutes and foreign policy institutes.
    * Persons who have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.
    * Board members of organizations who have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.
    * Active and former members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee; (proposals by members of the Committee to be submitted no later than at the first meeting of the Committee after February 1).
    * Former permanent advisers to the Norwegian Nobel Institute.

And remember that regardless of who submits nominations, the final decision is left up to five people of known political leanings as part of of a private organization, and the details of the nomination and selection process remain sealed for 50 years.

<!-- m -->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwegian_Nobel_Committee<!-- m -->
    <!-- m -->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nobel_prize<!-- m -->
  • OMGGGGGGGGGG you left me SPEECHLESS with this Bible story: <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->

"Winning awards is...old, compared to this New Thing...whatever it turns out to be for. It reminds me of another bible story, something Jesus said about a guy who found a pearl of great price buried in a field. Once he realized this was there, he went and sold ALL he had in order to buy this field and obtain rights to this pearl. In the story, the pearl is us, PEOPLE. The field is the World."

I hope some day people realize that GOD still beleives in us.
    What a wonderfull post,like ever.
    Thank you!!!!
    The Nobel Peace Prize is a joke. People are brainwashed to believe it's more prestigious than it is just because of its name and the fact that the media plays it up. I won't deny that the winner gets enormous exposure, and that would certainly happen with Michael should he receive it. However, that's not going to happen through any petition on some website.

The Nobel Foundation, which manages the finances for and administers the prize, is a private organization. The Norwegian Nobel Committee is made up of FIVE members selected by the Norwegian Parliament who represent its political make-up. Members cannot be current government officials but almost always formerly held political positions of some kind. It's a POLITICAL organization. Since when have political organizations been the best ambassadors for peace? And being political, one can bet that politics come into play on who will be chosen to receive the prize. Take, for example, the recent winners Al Gore and Barack Obama, and ask yourself this: Were they awarded this "honor" for their exemplary and tireless example in promoting peace, or were political agendas involved? For those still skeptical, is there any real reason why Barack Obama wins the prize after one year as U.S. president, yet the great Indian advocate of non-violence, Mahatma Ghandi, was never awarded the prize?
    <!-- m -->http://nobelpeaceprize.org/en_GB/about_ ... ize/facts/<!-- m -->
    I wholeheartedly believe that the committee uses the public stature of their prize and the relative ignorance of the public regarding its background as a means to promote political ideologies and agendas that suit them. No doubt this involves international collaboration and back room deals. Their own website states that: "Information in the Nobel Committee's nominations data base is not made public until after fifty years." Why do you think that is?? Maybe because in 50 years' time, 1) the sway in public opinion that their agenda is trying to manipulate will already have been achieved; and 2) no one will pretty much care about or even remember what was going on 50 years ago.
    <!-- m -->http://nobelpeaceprize.org/en_GB/nomina ... -nominate/<!-- m -->

This same page mentions who may submit valid peace prize nominations. It's a pretty elite group:
    * Members of national assemblies and governments of states.
    * Members of international courts.
    * University rectors; professors of social sciences, history, philosophy, law and theology; directors of peace research institutes and foreign policy institutes.
    * Persons who have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.
    * Board members of organizations who have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.
    * Active and former members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee; (proposals by members of the Committee to be submitted no later than at the first meeting of the Committee after February 1).
    * Former permanent advisers to the Norwegian Nobel Institute.

And remember that regardless of who submits nominations, the final decision is left up to five people of known political leanings as part of of a private organization, and the details of the nomination and selection process remain sealed for 50 years.

<!-- m -->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwegian_Nobel_Committee<!-- m -->
    <!-- m -->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nobel_prize<!-- m -->

Thank you for the educational material. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> I loved your very first line! I am glad you said it first!

That 50 year secrecy clause is really creepy. When I first read that part last year, it creeped me out that this meant that someone (at our urging?) could possibly have nominated 51 year old MJ for this with many many examples of love and peace and he would be dead for real, before he could even KNOW how much we loved and appreciated him by nominating him. <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->

Your supplemental facts allow me to say, now, what I really wanted to say: what a rackett! <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x -->
  • @Its her

Your posts are always so detailed and full of emotion. I love reading them! Much L.O.V.E. to you!
  • I thought only alive people can receive the Nobel Price, so this situation is confusing lol
    I thought only alive people can receive the Nobel Price, so this situation is confusing lol

<!-- m -->http://nobelprize.org/nomination/nomination_facts.html<!-- m -->

Is it possible to nominate someone for a posthumous Nobel Prize?
    No, it is not. From 1974, the Statutes of the Nobel Foundation have stipulated that a Prize cannot be awarded posthumously, unless death has occurred after the announcement of the Nobel Prize. This happened in 1996 when William Vickrey died only a few days after the announcement of the Prize in Economics.

Before 1974, the Nobel Prize has only been awarded posthumously twice: to Dag Hammarskjöld (Nobel Peace Prize 1961) and Erik Axel Karlfeldt (Nobel Prize in Literature 1931).
    Thank you for the educational material. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> I loved your very first line! I am glad you said it first!

That 50 year secrecy clause is really creepy. When I first read that part last year, it creeped me out that this meant that someone (at our urging?) could possibly have nominated 51 year old MJ for this with many many examples of love and peace and he would be dead for real, before he could even KNOW how much we loved and appreciated him by nominating him. <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->

Your supplemental facts allow me to say, now, what I really wanted to say: what a rackett! <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x -->

Yes, that 50-year rule IS really creepy. And you're right: Michael could have been nominated and no one would ever know. This policy also keeps the committee free from reproach for half a decade. By that time, the current members may be dead and gone so who's there to criticize? I'd love to see who was up against Obama. I'm just not buying that one ... guess I'll find out when I'm 90.
    I couldn't edit my original post: The prize was awarded to Obama in October 2009, so he had actually been President only 10 months, not a full year. That's even more suspect as far as the Nobel committee goes.
    OMGGGGGGGGGG you left me SPEECHLESS with this Bible story: <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->

"Winning awards is...old, compared to this New Thing...whatever it turns out to be for. It reminds me of another bible story, something Jesus said about a guy who found a pearl of great price buried in a field. Once he realized this was there, he went and sold ALL he had in order to buy this field and obtain rights to this pearl. In the story, the pearl is us, PEOPLE. The field is the World."

I hope some day people realize that GOD still beleives in us.
    What a wonderfull post,like ever.
    Thank you!!!!

Thank you for the CHEERS <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: --> Applehead250609 <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> I love God's romantic/ heroic way of putting things, in the Bible, too! He has a way of talking about peacemakers--such as MJ--whether he ever gets some man's "award" or not. He said, "Blessed are the PeaceMakers, for they shall see God."

I think MJ is going for more than Peace ON Earth, between men. What if he is thinking bigger than even THAT <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: --> <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: --> A true King of Hearts... <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

It is the TRUTH that God hasn't given up on the human race. Sometimes He's the Only one who still believes in us. Even if we don't believe in ourselves much, or Him...

We can catch new hope each day from Him, just in beholding what truly IS quite a <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> BREAK of day. It just FEELS like it is crackling with possibilities, doesn't it? <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> He wants us to know He's not mad at us, when we flub up. He already forgot about yesterday...

I KNOW how He feels about evildoings, especially against innocents. He should be just fuming, "Alright, HAD enough---Burn those losers to a crisp". But...

He's very purposeful when He speaks, beCAUSE everything, once said, becomes TRUE, and He HAS spoken already. He promised He would not wipe the entire earth clean of its "infestation of rebellion", like before. He's called a "Time Out", for...

Christ's sake.

He knows we are dust. <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| --> And, actually, <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> children---because He's ALWAYS going to be older than us.

Just because some kids are snottier <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> than others, we don't evaporate them...He now has Jesus mercifully standing by,with the "wet wipes", when they are ready. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
    He's ROOTING for each of us, ALL of us, to Make That Change; "straighten up and fly right", cheering MORE than anyone--even more than Mom!!

Not very many people, at all, are aware of this, yet it is the entire point of the Good News ("Good will TOWARDS Man..."). <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> God is not mad at us, looking to bop us. We all CAN make that change. For Peace. For Love. For all Time, Joy. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

I think Michael Jackson ALWAYS found it more fun to MAKE peace than to win a plastic prize for it. Listen to him and his brothers, in Man of War. <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: --> <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->

Bless You, Applehead <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: --> <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: --> I love how you phrased it. It is my prayer, too. <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • I thought only alive people can receive the Nobel Price, so this situation is confusing lol

<!-- m -->http://nobelprize.org/nomination/nomination_facts.html<!-- m -->

Is it possible to nominate someone for a posthumous Nobel Prize?
    No, it is not. From 1974, the Statutes of the Nobel Foundation have stipulated that a Prize cannot be awarded posthumously, unless death has occurred after the announcement of the Nobel Prize. This happened in 1996 when William Vickrey died only a few days after the announcement of the Prize in Economics.

Before 1974, the Nobel Prize has only been awarded posthumously twice: to Dag Hammarskjöld (Nobel Peace Prize 1961) and Erik Axel Karlfeldt (Nobel Prize in Literature 1931).
    Thanks! <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • Let's not forget..Barack Obama won this award... (for what? good question). I don't think you really have to DO much to win, just give a lot of redundant speeches about what you are "going to do" and then never do it. Ha!
  • LunaCieloLunaCielo Posts: 393
    Excellent work ... I agree with you, fully <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: -->

You say: "Since When Have Been The Best Political Organizations Ambassadors for Peace? "

It's truth <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: -->

<!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • @Its her

Your posts are always so detailed and full of emotion. I love reading them! Much L.O.V.E. to you!

that's a ditto from me <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
    @Its her

that's a ditto from me <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

AAAWWWWWW...THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

I wonder <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> sometimes, if I am driving people up a wall with my obsessions! <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Both of you are such SWEET dolls to SHARE such nice thoughts with me <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> Bless you SO much <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: --> <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: -->
    @Its her

Thank you <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> so much for the kind words! I hope to never disappoint <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> . (I thought I had responded to this post before, but, alas, I really am nuts (as suspected). <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> Either I did not save it or did not submit it. Not as an excuse, but an explanation...being 'detailed and full of emotion' sometimes wears me out <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> Especially trying to be very diplomatic, when it doesn't come naturally <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->)

Peace and much Love to you, too. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->