MJ wanted to buy Carolwood - but couldnt afford it.

DancingTheDreamDancingTheDream Posts: 4,923
edited January 1970 in News
Michael Jackson wanted to make an $85m mansion his new Neverland - but was too broke to afford it.

A multi-millionaire property developer has revealed that the late King of Pop pleaded with him for a special deal on the property in the hills of LA's exclusive Bel Air neighbourhood.

Mohamed Hadid told how Jackson "didn't have any money" but promised him: "I'll give you this, I'll give you that."

But Hadid turned down the King of Pop and instead suggested he rent the Holmby Hills mansion, where Jackson fatally overdosed last year.

He told Angeleno magazine how Jackson was desperate to buy the mansion in 2008 after staying there for two nights as Hadid's guest.

The three-storey, 48,000 square feet mansion has 10 bedrooms, a 130-foot private gallery, a 200-seat ballroom, a 70-foot infinity pool, a Turkish hammam and enough parking for 20 cars.

<!-- m -->http://www.musicrooms.net/rock-and-pop/ ... nsion.html<!-- m -->

Comments

• I"D sau Bullshit! <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • Why is it for sale for 28 million now.. if they tried to get MJ to pay 85 million? Seems a discrepency on the price here.
  • my guess is he would want something that would be more like neverland if he wasn't going to be at neverland. off course that is just a guess. like the type of place he wanted while at the 02.
  • mumof3mumof3 Posts: 1,973
    Sounds like they trying to con michael at that price but I still think he could have afforded it if he wanted to buy it no problem I think it is just a way of advertising the house a wee bit more
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    Why is it for sale for 28 million now.. if they tried to get MJ to pay 85 million? Seems a discrepency on the price here.

My thoughts as well...
  • I think this article is a little wrong. If my memory serves me correctly, the house Michael wanted to buy was the house that M. Hadid actually lives in. Michael and the kids spent the 2008 Thanksgiving weekend with him and his family (there is a pic online of MJ and Hadid and their kids from that weekend). Because MJ couldn't afford that house, Hadid suggested the smaller (yes, smaller) and cheaper Carolwood house (which Hadid also owns) for him to rent (perhaps with plans to purchase it upon his return from England?). I read this sometime last Fall, but don't remember what or where the article was. Someone is probably justing re-hashing info from that older article now that the Carolwood house is for sale.
  • I think this article is a little wrong. If my memory serves me correctly, the house Michael wanted to buy was the house that M. Hadid actually lives in. Michael and the kids spent the 2008 Thanksgiving weekend with him and his family (there is a pic online of MJ and Hadid and their kids from that weekend). Because MJ couldn't afford that house, Hadid suggested the smaller (yes, smaller) and cheaper Carolwood house (which Hadid also owns) for him to rent (perhaps with plans to purchase it upon his return from England?). I read this sometime last Fall, but don't remember what or where the article was. Someone is probably justing re-hashing info from that older article now that the Carolwood house is for sale.

Oh ok.. makes sense. Ive just re-read it and realised the 85 million mansion is in Bel Air and the Carolwood one is in Holmby Hills.. so is a tad misleading.
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    So where does "Wonderland" come into this? Isnt that the property MJ wanted to buy and make it into his new Neverland..7000 Tominysu Dve...The one with all the secret tunnels and panic rooms..
  • i don't believe that house was 85 million, that is too much damn money for 10 bedrooms.And i thought Oprah's 50 million house was expensive
  • sweet1sweet1 Posts: 312
    I think this article is a little wrong. If my memory serves me correctly, the house Michael wanted to buy was the house that M. Hadid actually lives in. Michael and the kids spent the 2008 Thanksgiving weekend with him and his family (there is a pic online of MJ and Hadid and their kids from that weekend). Because MJ couldn't afford that house, Hadid suggested the smaller (yes, smaller) and cheaper Carolwood house (which Hadid also owns) for him to rent (perhaps with plans to purchase it upon his return from England?). I read this sometime last Fall, but don't remember what or where the article was. Someone is probably justing re-hashing info from that older article now that the Carolwood house is for sale.

Oh ok.. makes sense. Ive just re-read it and realised the 85 million mansion is in Bel Air and the Carolwood one is in Holmby Hills.. so is a tad misleading.

Remember! That's why MJ always said don't believe what you read because tabloids often lie. Someone is trying to make it look as though MJ was broke. MJ was and never has been broke. Thanks for clearing things up PeaceLoveHappiness. Keep the Faith!
  • OneLoveOneLove Posts: 470
    85 million! Hahahah that's hilarious and way too much.
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    Jackson Wanted to Be Fresh King of Bel Air
    10/27/2009 10:00 PM PDT by TMZ Staff

TMZ has learned Michael Jackson was involved in negotiations to buy a $38 million 15 bedroom, 16.5 bath Bel Air mansion just before he died, and the deal was 7 years in the making.

1006_mjatmansion_ex-1.jpg

Sources connected to the situation tell us MJ fell in love with the 18,020 square foot estate back in 2001 and actually entered into escrow -- but the deal fell through because Jackson ultimately couldn't afford the place.

But recently, Michael was trying to work out a new deal with the owners in the hopes of coming into enough cash to score the place after his "This Is It" concert series in England.

A source tells TMZ: "Jackson brought his kids to see the house and they fell in love with it ... They begged him to buy it."

The kids' favorite part? We're told they were all fired up about a secluded area under the house which was nicknamed the "Bat Cave."

Sources say Jackson had hoped to use the land to recreate as much of Neverland as he legally could, but as we all know ... he never got the chance.

1006_fairytale_crib_250-1.jpg

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• I lol at the TMZ article. Bat cave? Oh they are so cleaver
  • SangreSangre Posts: 648
    It would seem that renting different houses each week would prove much more expensive and troublesome in the long term than buying one expensive house. But that's just me... <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • darkchilddarkchild Posts: 1,161
    Why is it for sale for 28 million now.. if they tried to get MJ to pay 85 million? Seems a discrepency on the price here.

My thoughts as well...

Well-said! You have hit the nail on its head!
  • SangreSangre Posts: 648

My thoughts as well...

People did it to Michael all the time and he was aware of it. He addressed that issue in Moonwalk (I think it was) where he said he knew shop keepers raised the price right when they saw him coming.
  • Why is it for sale for 28 million now.. if they tried to get MJ to pay 85 million? Seems a discrepency on the price here.

My thoughts as well...

People did it to Michael all the time and he was aware of it. He addressed that issue in Moonwalk (I think it was) where he said he knew shop keepers raised the price right when they saw him coming.
    Didn't they talk about a diffrent house? The carolwood is up for 28 million dollars but not the Beverly Hills which was the one Michael wanted to buy