Possible MJ "Glee" Episode Coming?

heisinme09heisinme09 Posts: 494
edited January 1970 in News
<!-- m -->http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/164534 ... tory.jhtml<!-- m -->

'Glee' Stars Are All For A Possible Michael Jackson Episode

The stars talk about working songs like 'Bad' into an MJ-themed show on the Teen Choice Awards red carpet.
By Mawuse Ziegbe, with reporting by Audrey Kim

They've done Lady Gaga. They've covered Madonna. A Britney Spears episode is in the works.

One pop star at a time, "Glee" has been putting its cheery spin on the repertoires of some of music's biggest names. However, many fans are waiting for the "Glee" crew to represent the legacy of one hitmaking luminary in particular: Michael Jackson. Rumors have been swirling that an MJ-themed episode could be headed to TV screens, and several castmembers told MTV News at the Teen Choice Awards on Sunday night (August 8) that they would love to take a crack at the King of Pop's legendary jams.

"That would be pretty cool," Matthew Morrison mused on the red carpet. "He is probably the best and most iconic performer in the history of music," Morrison declared.

Jenna Ushkowitz said taking on Jackson's music would be a daunting but nonetheless incredible challenge. "That's a scary, scary episode to do," the actress said. "[But] that would be absolutely amazing."

"So You Think You Can Dance" judge Adam Shankman has been confirmed to helm an episode of "Glee," and some reports have suggested that he might be dreaming up choreography for a Jackson tribute. Ushkowitz added that regardless of which episode he takes charge of, the cast is amped to have the director in the fold. "We're so excited to have Adam Shankman," she said. "He's incredible."

With Shankman at the wheel, a dance-heavy Jackson show could be in order. But while Amber Riley said "she would love to do a Michael Jackson episode," the actress prefers the entertainer's smoother fare. "My favorite song by him is 'Human Nature,' " Riley said.

Harry Shum Jr., who wows "Glee" audiences with his footwork, seemed really excited by the prospect of an episode dedicated to the Gloved One. "That's so awesome," Shum said. "You're part of a show that is paying homage to all these great artists and to be able see your childhood dreams ... like, 'Oh I would love to do that' [not] just onstage but [also on] this awesome show that gets to showcase these things is great."

Heather Morris said she would love to see how the show flips Jackson's ultimate tough-guy anthem. "I think it would be super cool to [do] the 'Bad' montage," she said. "Maybe not even in the sense that it's like the 'Bad' video. I'm excited to see what Ryan Murphy could do with 'Bad.' Whatever they're gonna do it's gonna be hysterical.

Comments

• trublutrublu Posts: 1,011
    All I can say is yessssssss <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • PinkTopazPinkTopaz Posts: 1,013
    How weird- I was just about to say *small voice* no-o-o-o-o-o-o.. That show grates on my nerves like rusty metal.. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • I heard about that! Looking forward to it!!! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • trublutrublu Posts: 1,011
    How weird- I was just about to say *small voice* no-o-o-o-o-o-o.. That show grates on my nerves like rusty metal.. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    LOL <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • How weird- I was just about to say *small voice* no-o-o-o-o-o-o.. That show grates on my nerves like rusty metal.. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Lol!!! Me too!!!! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • heisinme09heisinme09 Posts: 494
    For some reason, I haven't completely gotten on the "Glee" Bandwagon...everyone who knows me who are fans of the show assured me I would adore it and I really have enjoyed the few episodes I've caught....the only problem with Glee for me, really, is that ALL TV IN GENERAL has fallen off my radar this past year as I've become so deeplly invested in All Things Michael Jackson...I haven't been reading novels either....or ANY form of fiction, now that I think about it....it seems that I eat/drink/sleep MJ and The Hoax 24/7....what's to become of me? <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

But given that this completely innovative, creative show (a show, btw, I believe Michael probably ADORES, wherever he is) has already paid tribute to other amazing, iconic performers like Madonna, Lady GaGa, etc...how could Michael NOT be included? I'd actually be a little miffed if he WASN'T!

I will take Michael Jackson and his amazing artistry in whatever form I can find it, that's for SURE! Go, Glee, GO!!!!!!!!

Have a super day, y'all!
    Peace!