jacksonsecretvault.com - hard to clean MJ

voiceforthesilentvoiceforthesilent Posts: 5,485
edited January 1970 in General Hoax Investigation
So, I was looking at the Jackson Secret Vault and noticed the strange title "Glee Creator denies MJ Episode stating it's hard to clean MJ". Of course, this took me to the body of the article that really says it's hard to "clear" Michael Jackson music.

Now, I know, it's just a typo (I think). It's supposed to be a professional website so you'd think that there would be proof readers to catch these mistakes. But it did raise the question:
1) How is it so hard to clear Michael Jackson music when that other group just got approval to do a song?
2) Why would it be hard to clear his music "at this point"?
3) The shows creator denied rumors...who started the rumors?

<!-- m -->http://www.jacksonsecretvault.com/?page ... entId=1310<!-- m -->

Glee Creator denies MJ Episode stating, " Its hard to clean MJ

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Glee' creator Ryan Murphy denied rumors that he is working on a Michael Jackson-themed episode to air February next year. Rumors say that that the episode would be broadcast immediately after the 2011 Super Bowl, the biggest annual TV event in the United States.

Murphy told Ryan Seacrest in the latter's Los Angeles program that he would like to do a Jackson episode. However, he does not have the rights to do so. "At this point it is really hard to clear Michael Jackson music."

Earlier this week, lead star Mathew Morrision, who plays Will Schuester, taught it "would be pretty cool." Morrison added that "he is probably the best and most iconic performer in the history of music." Another 'Glee' star Jenna Ushkowitzas, who portraysTina Cohen-Chang, seconded Morrison but noted that a Michael Jackson episode will be challenging.

Comments

• Clean

* free from dirt or impurities; or having clean habits;
    "children with clean shining faces"; "clean white shirts"; "clean dishes"; "a spotlessly clean house"; "cats are clean animals"

* morally pure;
    "led a clean life"

* free of restrictions or qualifications;
    "a clean bill of health"; "a clear winner"

* ritually clean or pure

* (of a record) having no marks of discredit or offense;
    "a clean voting record"; "a clean driver's license"

* (of sound or color) free from anything that dulls or dims;
    "efforts to obtain a clean bass in orchestral recordings"; "clear laughter like a waterfall"; "clear reds and blues"; "a light lilting voice like a silver bell"

*(of behavior or especially language) free from objectionable elements; fit for all observers;
    "good clean fun"; "a clean joke"

* free of drugs
    "after a long dependency on heroin she has been clean for 4 years"

<!-- m -->http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=clean<!-- m -->
  • lomaloma Posts: 1,366
    That's weird. The "N" and "R" are on two separate sides of a keyboard. Although this is kinda strange, I don't really think this is planned. I feel this is a sincere accident, and not much more. <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
  • That's weird. The "N" and "R" are on two separate sides of a keyboard. Although this is kinda strange, I don't really think this is planned. I feel this is a sincere accident, and not much more. <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->

I think it was intentional. It is hard to clean Michael's reputation after the media has labelled him so many things such as drug addict, wacko, weirdo, homosexual etc.
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    That's weird. The "N" and "R" are on two separate sides of a keyboard. Although this is kinda strange, I don't really think this is planned. I feel this is a sincere accident, and not much more. <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->

I think it was intentional. It is hard to clean Michael's reputation after the media has labelled him so many things such as drug addict, wacko, weirdo, homosexual etc.

Agree
  • SangreSangre Posts: 648

Agree

I agree. When you try to redeem Michael Jackson you end up hurting the matter even more, it's risky to try.
  • That's weird. The "N" and "R" are on two separate sides of a keyboard. Although this is kinda strange, I don't really think this is planned. I feel this is a sincere accident, and not much more. <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->

That was my initial thought too, that it was intentional (for the same reasons mentioned so far). Then I considered the fact that spell check wouldn't catch the mistake because clean is an actual word too. But it's harder for a title to go unnoticed than it is for a word in the paragraph so I'm back to intentional.

and of course the most damning one of all: child molester (when payback rolls around i wouldn't want to be in their shoes for all the money in the world)
  • lomaloma Posts: 1,366
    Hmm. I'm still sticking to my conclusion.
    I mean.. Why would they subliminally write about 'it's hard to clean MJ' in an article about Glee? Also, The phrase "Clear MJ" would have done the same thing.
  • backstagerbackstager Posts: 291
    I think its the same either way. When I hear "clear" I think clear his name from all the rumors surrounding him. When I hear "clean" its pretty much the same thing (in my head).
  • Hmm. I'm still sticking to my conclusion.
    I mean.. Why would they subliminally write about 'it's hard to clean MJ' in an article about Glee? Also, The phrase "Clear MJ" would have done the same thing.
    Yes, but if it had said "It's hard to CLEAR MJ's music", we probably wouldn't have paid much attention to it. Since it says "clean" it stands out.
  • KeikoKeiko Posts: 50
    Alright, I saw this yesterday and was hoping someone else would have noticed by now...it's just a typo. There are others in the article as well.
    Earlier this week, lead star Mathew Morrision, who plays Will Schuester, taught (should be "thought") it "would be pretty cool." Morrison added that "he is probably the best and most iconic performer in the history of music." Another 'Glee' star Jenna Ushkowitzas, who portrays(space needed)Tina Cohen-Chang, seconded Morrison but noted that a Michael Jackson episode will be challenging.
  • Alright, I saw this yesterday and was hoping someone else would have noticed by now...it's just a typo. There are others in the article as well.
    Earlier this week, lead star Mathew Morrision, who plays Will Schuester, taught (should be "thought") it "would be pretty cool." Morrison added that "he is probably the best and most iconic performer in the history of music." Another 'Glee' star Jenna Ushkowitzas, who portrays(space needed)Tina Cohen-Chang, seconded Morrison but noted that a Michael Jackson episode will be challenging.

LOL - you are right. It makes me wonder how a professional site could be so sloppy? I know I make mistakes in my quick typing and tired eyes but when I am creating a professional document I take care in having many people read for spelling and grammatical errors. It lowers the impression of the viewer if there are mistakes.

I also wonder how they could put this together so quickly...the site, the book, etc. Stuff like this usually takes a lot longer which leads me to believe that either Katherine started this right after Michael's "death" or it was in the works before.
  • nefarinefari Posts: 1,227
    Michael was notorious for typos so maybe it's a clue that he is alive.
  • it is hard to "clean" MJ music...how can you have people singing and dancing to his music and not grab themselves? And if they don't then it's not really true to MJ dance anyway...So..."cleaning" MJ music IS hard to do for TV, all the little boys and girls who may be watching...LOL
  • By now they corrected the title:
    Glee Creator denies MJ Episode stating, " Its hard to clear MJ"

By the way you can find many strange things on this site.

Michael's biography is taken from Wikipedia!
    <!-- m -->http://www.jacksonsecretvault.com/?page=bio<!-- m -->

Reading the "Facts" section, you can find a few things in present tense:
    "Jackson is a vegetarian."
    "Jackson’s pre-concert ritual includes drinking Ricola candy dissolved in hot water. He claims the beverage helps to keep his throat and his singing voice clear."