ambulance

patneelapatneela Posts: 1
edited January 1970 in General Hoax Investigation
What are the odds of getting a shockable rythm based solely off of movement from the ambulance? I am wondering if there is credible data (some numbers) to the chances of getting a shock-able rhythm from the AED based off of ambulance moving. I am just wondering because I know the filters in the AED are sensitive and I would think would have to be very capable.

Comments

• LadyMedicLadyMedic Posts: 169
    What are the odds of getting a shockable rythm based solely off of movement from the ambulance? I am wondering if there is credible data (some numbers) to the chances of getting a shock-able rhythm from the AED based off of ambulance moving. I am just wondering because I know the filters in the AED are sensitive and I would think would have to be very capable.
    They were not using an AED. The monitor the paramedics have has a defibrillator, which means the paramedics will analyze the rhythm on their own and then determine whether or not to shock. In my experience of defibrillating in a moving vehicle, it is very easy to determine whether or not the patient is in a shockable rhythm. It is true that movement can cause artifact, but not enough for the medic to think it's V fib or V tach instead of asystole. Lifepak 12s generally have less artifact than the Zoll that I use, and even Zoll isn't that bad.
    You'll get artifact moreso from the patient moving or poor lead placement than the movement of the ambulance. 12-leads require the patient to be quite still, and I personally try to get one before we start moving. But in a cardiac arrest, you will not be doing a 12 lead (unless you obtain a sustained ROSC and have time to do one). And a regular 3 lead doesn't get much artifact from ambulance movement.
  • mjboogiemjboogie Posts: 1,067
    hi i am new here i am a 1 year old <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x --> <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P --> <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:twisted: -->:twisted:<!-- s:twisted: --> <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: --> <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: --> <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:idea: -->:idea:<!-- s:idea: --> <!-- s:arrow: -->:arrow:<!-- s:arrow: --> <!-- s:ugeek: -->:ugeek:<!-- s:ugeek: --> <!-- s:geek: -->:geek:<!-- s:geek: --> <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: --> <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| -->
  • ROFLROFL Posts: 530
    hi i am new here i am a 1 year old <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x --> <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P --> <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:twisted: -->:twisted:<!-- s:twisted: --> <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: --> <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: --> <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:idea: -->:idea:<!-- s:idea: --> <!-- s:arrow: -->:arrow:<!-- s:arrow: --> <!-- s:ugeek: -->:ugeek:<!-- s:ugeek: --> <!-- s:geek: -->:geek:<!-- s:geek: --> <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: --> <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| -->

<!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->

And how can you be new when you joined -> Dec 2nd, '09, 19:15?

<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->