NYC Approves Ground Zero Mosque

ROFLROFL Posts: 530
edited January 1970 in General Discussion
<!-- m -->http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38702141/<!-- m -->
President Barack Obama was compared favorably to America's first president and castigated as uncaring Friday after defending plans to create a mosque two blocks from New York's ground zero.

"Muslims have the right to practice their religion as anyone else in this country," Obama told a White House dinner crowd celebrating the Muslim holy month of Ramadan Friday.

New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who has defended the 13-story, $100 million Islamic center, said Obama's remarks reminded him of George Washington.
"Two hundred and twenty years ago this week, the Father of Our Country penned his famous letter to the Jewish Community of Newport Rhode Island or, as he called them, 'the Children of the Stock of Abraham.' President Obama's words tonight evoked President Washington's own August reminder that 'all possess alike liberty,'" Bloomberg said.
But Bloomberg wasn't speaking for all New Yorkers.
Rick A. Lazio, a Republican candidate for governor and a former member of the House of Representatives, issued a statement late Friday that the president was still “not listening to New Yorkers,” The New York Times reported.
“With over 100 mosques in New York City, this is not an issue of religion, but one of safety and security,” he said.

[youtube:1wp28it0]
This girl really speaks the truth
Im sorry but why would anyone want to build a "Mosque" Or an "Islamic Center" near that place ? If it is not to cause a controversy ...
This is a conspiracy .. no kidding .... <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
"divide and rule" right?

Comments

• mjfansince4mjfansince4 Posts: 1,030
    i have nothing against islam. a religion did not fly those planes into the towers, the pentagon or that field. and my fellow Christian americans who blame muslims are ignorant to the fact that there are people who used christianity as an excuse to cause harm against others. with that being said, i really, really do not like this proposed plan and hope it can be stopped somehow. in my opinion, leaving the site bare is a reminder of that morning, of the innocent who were lost and the brave souls who put others before them. it should be a site of in-your-face rememberance. by building over it, theyr're trying to mask where love, unity and the innate goodness in people conquered hate and evil. where selfishness was overwhelmingly prevelant. i don't think any religious house should be built there-a church, temple, mosque. i think it's inappropriate. i hope we as a nation realize that just because obama says it's good, doesn't necessarily mean it is. and yes, i voted for him.
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    OMG.... it's NOT being built at Ground Zero... this is media and polictician manipulation and lies!! It's an agenda to inspire fear and hate!! Don't you see? They WANT you to think it's being built at Ground Zero. The proposed site is BLOCKS away!

<!-- m -->http://www.cracked.com/blog/3-reasons-t ... one082010+<!-- m --> READ THE REST OF THE STORY

The land the COMMUNITY CENTER is being built on is PRIVATE PROPERTY and the government has NO RIGHT to dictate what CAN and CANNOT be built there!!!

We have a constitutional right to freedom of religion in the United States and that freedom applies to MUSLIMS too!

This is extremely dangerous precedent here and the rhetoric being thrown around is deceitful and evil! SOMEONE desperately wants you to HATE.

Lets WALK THE WALK hoaxers. THERE'S MORE TO THE STORY.
  • trublutrublu Posts: 1,011
    Why can't they build a mosque where they like? Remember it wasn't Muslims that attacked, it was (depending on what you believe) either a) fanatics that have nothing to do with the original meaning of the religion or b) the governement itself.

I personally think it was a combination of the two.

Remember I am not religious, but who has the right to tell a group of peaceful religious folk where they can practice their religion?

Isn't America a 'free' country? Or does that only apply when you're not a minority?

This isn't directed at anyone but I just find this whole story so rediculous.

With Love.
  • ROFLROFL Posts: 530
    Ok so first of all I forgot to mention that it was actually not at ground zero but 2 blocks away from the place, I know its a lie from the media but anyway , I think it's a bad idea to build a mosque near the place because it will create more hate towards muslims --Btw I'm muslim --I think you mis-understood me (I know I'm not clear *sighs* wish i could speak french ), what I mean by my post is that the goal of it, is actually to cause controversy and hate towards Islam , especially when the inauguration will take place the 11th september 2010..I don't know if anyone can understand the connection/link?

Of course I agree with you about the constitutional right to freedom of religion

I'm for freedom of religion , what I'm trying to say is that it would have been better if they choose another place because all this is creating controversy and that's exactly what "they" want ....

I know 911 was an inside job , unfortunately not everybody in NYC/USA knows it , and they still put the blame on muslims somehow--
  • trublutrublu Posts: 1,011
    I see your point, and it is a good point, so sorry if I misunderstood.

I personally think that this wouldn't even be in the news if the media didn't decide to freak people out with their stories of hate, racism and general scare-mongering.

I guess there are at least a few people who know to look behind the media lies to find the truth! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • OMG.... it's NOT being built at Ground Zero... this is media and polictician manipulation and lies!! It's an agenda to inspire fear and hate!! Don't you see? They WANT you to think it's being built at Ground Zero. The proposed site is BLOCKS away!

<!-- m -->http://www.cracked.com/blog/3-reasons-t ... one082010+<!-- m --> READ THE REST OF THE STORY

The land the COMMUNITY CENTER is being built on is PRIVATE PROPERTY and the government has NO RIGHT to dictate what CAN and CANNOT be built there!!!

We have a constitutional right to freedom of religion in the United States and that freedom applies to MUSLIMS too!

This is extremely dangerous precedent here and the rhetoric being thrown around is deceitful and evil! SOMEONE desperately wants you to HATE.

Lets WALK THE WALK hoaxers. THERE'S MORE TO THE STORY.

Well said Bec! Unfortunately "Community Center several blocks from Ground Zero" does not stir up as much controversy and therefore newspaper sales as "Mosque at Ground Zero".
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    Ok so first of all I forgot to mention that it was actually not at ground zero but 2 blocks away from the place, I know its a lie from the media but anyway , I think it's a bad idea to build a mosque near the place because it will create more hate towards muslims --Btw I'm muslim --I think you mis-understood me (I know I'm not clear *sighs* wish i could speak french ), what I mean by my post is that the goal of it, is actually to cause controversy and hate towards Islam , especially when the inauguration will take place the 11th september 2010..I don't know if anyone can understand the connection/link?

Of course I agree with you about the constitutional right to freedom of religion

I'm for freedom of religion , what I'm trying to say is that it would have been better if they choose another place because all this is creating controversy and that's exactly what "they" want ....

I know 911 was an inside job , unfortunately not everybody in NYC/USA knows it , and they still put the blame on muslims somehow--

Sorry ROFL if I misunderstood and flipped out. There's serious battle lines being drawn in this country over this topic and it's being used for political gain and to spread an agenda of hate by the right. I can't believe how many people are falling for it hook line and sinker and it's very disconcerting to see what's happening here.
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    There are folks that have some reasonable arguments saying that 911 was a Mossad job in coop with the US gov. secret services. Search for the information out in the web. It is astounding.

The issue with the mosque is that Mr. Obama and his advisors / back curtain players are realizing the loss of his credibility and are desperately trying to save what can be saved.
    In Europe Mr. Obama is even being more and more mocked due to his lack of consistency and dropping clanger after clanger. The string pullers had to do something to keep his reputation up despite all evidence that he is considerably loosing ground.

Of course the mosque may be built wherever the ground may be found for it and certainly on a private property some blocks from Ground Zero (who named that Zero - it was worth millions $$$ not zero after the artificial demolition - and it was purchased and insured exactly for this goal.) The whole discussion about this specific mosque is ridiculous given the dimension of today's global issues.

The country where the Bill of Rights and political correctness were invented is losing all discussions these days due to lies, cover-ups and polemics. I am so sorry for this constant degrading process that I am watching since decades and that does not seem to want to stop.
    It has become an avalanche that I am not aware of how it could be stopped.

Interfering on a political stage for third party interests with a private property deal in "illuminated times" is only disgusting to give it a name.

Who wants to have a home for their prayers should be free to build it in freedom and respect from all sides and without getting a bad taste due to improper interference.

What have we learned from all the blood shed in religious wars?
    What have we learned from all the blood shed in political wars?

Nothing it seems.
    God save our children.
    L.O.V.E. your neighbours.
    If you cannot love them, tolerate them but don't shoot them. This - at least.

Muslims are some of the finest folks I ever met. There is no reason to not allow them build their home for prayers - especially because they want to remember the victims that lost their lives some blocks away.
  • mjj4ever777mjj4ever777 Posts: 1,467
    There are folks that have some reasonable arguments saying that 911 was a Mossad job in coop with the US gov. secret services. Search for the information out in the web. It is astounding.

The issue with the mosque is that Mr. Obama and his advisors / back curtain players are realizing the loss of his credibility and are desperately trying to save what can be saved.
    In Europe Mr. Obama is even being more and more mocked due to his lack of consistency and dropping clanger after clanger. The string pullers had to do something to keep his reputation up despite all evidence that he is considerably loosing ground.

Of course the mosque may be built wherever the ground may be found for it and certainly on a private property some blocks from Ground Zero (who named that Zero - it was worth millions $$$ not zero after the artificial demolition - and it was purchased and insured exactly for this goal.) The whole discussion about this specific mosque is ridiculous given the dimension of today's global issues.

The country where the Bill of Rights and political correctness were invented is losing all discussions these days due to lies, cover-ups and polemics. I am so sorry for this constant degrading process that I am watching since decades and that does not seem to want to stop.

Interfering on a political stage for third party interests with a private property deal in "illuminated times" is only disgusting to give it a name.

Who wants to have a home for their prayers should be free to build it in freedom and respect from all sides and without getting a bad taste due to improper interference.

What have we learned from all the blood shed in religious wars?
    What have we learned from all the blood shed in political wars?

Nothing it seems.
    God save our children.
    L.O.V.E. your neighbours.
    If you cannot love them, tolerate them but don't shoot them. This - at least.

Muslims are some of the finest folks I ever met. There is no reason to not allow them build their home for prayers - especially because they want to remember the victims that lost their lives some blocks away.

Well said Grace....God Bless!
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    Great post Grace (as always <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> ).

You know, when I saw the reactions of some people demonstrating against this project it literally made me cry. Because I saw how easy it was to manipulate people and make them hate their neighbours. I was almost frightened. It's like they hated me (I'm Muslim), despite the fact that I have absolutely nothing to do with 9/11. We're supposed to learn from the mistakes made in the past but no, it's always the same.

In a way I understand these people, at least I try to see their viewpoint. In their minds they think that Muslims did it and they maybe lost their loved ones hence their "strong disagreement"...but don't they think that Muslims died too on 9/11 ?
    What about the millions of innocent Iraki, Afghan and Pakistani people who lost their lives and had nothing to do with 9/11? Building a mosque will never be enough to repair the damages done by the US Government against Muslims. Planet earth is vast enough to pray God. Obama can keep this mosque for himself.

I agree with you ROFL, it's clearly a provocation and the goal is clearly to make the hate towards Muslims take a boost as it tended to fade these last days and months. They couldn't obviously make another 9/11 so they had this 'brilliant idea'. This is really not an act of generosity or respect of freedom (as if the US had a policy for religions, no special treatment for Islam) this is an act of war against Muslims and if I was a Muslim American citizen I would not want this project to be and would never put a foot in it when I know why it has been built.

If they really do it I fear for the future and the consequences it may trigger. I fear that what they are doing is to prepare people to accept the extension of the war in the middle-east (Iran). Muslims are the chosen enemy and maybe that millions will die just because of a so-called mosque!

They're playing a dangerous game but God is watching them, the time will come when they will have to pay for their crimes.
  • Some of my friends told this last couple of days that an American church has decided the burn the Koran next 11th September <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->
    [youtube:23jb17mc]
  • questions..
    where is the cash coming from?
    who is paying for this?
    sorry if this has been said already..i just haven't heard yet..
    huggs n faith
    suzz

• Of course the mosque may be built wherever the ground may be found for it and certainly on a private property some blocks from Ground Zero (who named that Zero - it was worth millions $$$ not zero after the artificial demolition - and it was purchased and insured exactly for this goal.) The whole discussion about this specific mosque is ridiculous given the dimension of today's global issues.

Well said Grace.

Ok people. All this hubbub is just ridiculous : the Mosque , the church and the Synagogue are reserved for praying , and it is considered, in the neighborhood ,as a need (like hospital , school, library, super market , ect ...). And If there is no mosque around in the area , so they have all the right to do it.

it's all a media hype .
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    Illuminati Mosque: Divide & Conquer

by ANDREW LANYARD
    (for Henrymakow.com)

Barack Obama knew exactly how people would react to his Aug. 13 endorsement of the Ground Zero mosque, and created a firestorm of controversy by design.

Why? Obama is not your usual politician. He does not function within the framework of bourgeois politics, which encourages compromise, deal-making, and finding common ground, especially when a majority of the electorate seems to be lining up against you.

Obama is a community organizer i.e. a Communist.

Basically, they are revolutionaries. Obama's mentor and teacher was Saul Alinsky, a Marxist radical. His book, Rules for Radicals, is the "Bible" of that movement. And the basic operating philosophy is the Marxist principle of class struggle.

But "class" now has a wider meaning than the traditional Marxist category of economic class. In the current stage of revisionist, Gramscian Marxism, "class" also includes cultural dimensions, such as race and gender.

Thus, Marxism now promotes a cultural revolution, involving the "deconstruction" -- i.e., destruction -- of traditional (and natural) gender identities, and their reconstruction along radical egalitarian lines. Within this new Gramscian/Alinskyite framework, we can aptly describe Obama as a "racial Marxist."

Thus, the community organizer does not seek to find common ground. On the contrary, he wants to increase and intensify the conflicts, divisions and tensions within the community. To employ a Marxist phrase, he wants to "heighten its contradictions."

The revolutionary may accuse his opponents of being "divisive," but that is precisely what he seeks to do.

CIVIL WAR

Obama, the president, is the same as Obama the community organizer. Only now his "community" is the United States as a whole. (And given the international power of the presidency, it is also the world as a whole.)

He may accuse his opponents of being divisive, but he himself seeks to polarize America and create conditions for a civil war.

Through the establishment (and some "anti-establishment") politicians that it controls -- and through the various organizations (such as the CFR) that it uses -- the Illuminati seek to create division wherever they can.

They play both sides of every issue, which is what gives the "Ground Zero Mosque" controversy its incredible sense of contrivance.

The Illuminati was ultimately behind the decision to construct the mosque in the first place, knowing this would offend many people. Advertised as a gesture to "build bridges," it was in fact designed to create conflict.

The head of the Cordoba Initiative, which decided to build the mosque, is Imam Faisal Abdul Rauf, well known for his global connections. He has been closely associated with the Aspen Institute, funded by the Rockefeller Brothers Fund and head-quartered in Washington, D.C.

It is active worldwide in "fostering enlightened leadership" for the new global order. (Aspen's chairman, Walter Isaacson, former CEO of CNN, was recently appointed by President Obama to be head of the Broadcasting Board of Governors which oversees all of the U.S. government's international broadcasting.) So the Imam is not just a local Muslim cleric; he is well networked with those who are planning and carrying out the global agenda at the highest level.

Once the decision to build the mosque was made, the Illuminati got politicians like Mayor Bloomberg to support it and politicians like Newt Gingrich to denounce it. The controlled media played it up and soon the country was angry and divided. And then they got Obama to throw more fuel on the fire.

What gives this whole controversy its greatest sense of unreality, however, is that Ground Zero is itself an Illuminati creation using their Mossad, CIA and other assets. The controversy over the mosque is designed to cement the bogus notion that Muslims were responsible for this heinous act.

Divide and conquer is their modus operandi. Divide men and women, parents and children, straights and gays, Muslims and Christian, nations and races.

The ground zero mosque controversy falls into this category.

<!-- m -->http://www.henrymakow.com/the_cool_revolutionary.html<!-- m -->