MJ's death always at the back of my mind,says Janet Jackson

Published: Friday, Sep 3, 2010, 17:43 IST
Place: London | Agency: ANI
1433079_410.jpg

Janet Jackson has revealed that the shock of her brother King of Pop Michael Jackson's death is always at the back of her mind.

"I was supposed to start shooting in a couple of days when Michael passed," the Mirror quoted Janet as saying.

"Tyler stopped work to come and be with me. He told me to take time off. Everyone told me that, but I wanted to do my job," she said.

Jackson flew straight from her brother's funeral in Los Angeles to begin filming in Atlanta, Georgia.

"I got on a plane the evening of the service and was on set the next day," she revealed.

"It helped me to dive in and go to those deep places. There were moments when I had to get right into the character. But Michael's death was always at the back of my mind every single day. And it still is."

<!-- m -->http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/r ... on_1433073<!-- m -->

Comments

• mumof3mumof3 Posts: 1,973
    The picture of janet is worrying she looks broken.
  • "I got on a plane the evening of the service and was on set the next day," she revealed.

"It helped me to dive in and go to those deep places. There were moments when I had to get right into the character

If my brother died I wouldn't be able to do anything but crying, especially the day after the service...
    I know it's not new, but maybe it can help those who are losing faith <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
  • "I got on a plane the evening of the service and was on set the next day," she revealed.

"It helped me to dive in and go to those deep places. There were moments when I had to get right into the character

If my brother died I wouldn't be able to do anything but crying, especially the day after the service...
    I know it's not new, but maybe it can help those who are losing faith <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->

what is also interesting is she seemed so concerned about paris. guess she didn't think sticking around to help with the kids would help her heal.
  • The picture of janet is worrying she looks broken.

I think that is a shot from one of her latest movies.
  • mumof3mumof3 Posts: 1,973
    When my mum died I was a blubbering wreck for 6 months and then iwas very Ill after that my hair started to fall out the docter said it was shock I could not have gone back to work I could not even think so I see what you mean and if that had been my brother my top priority would be to stay with my niece and nephews where you are needed
  • This is one of the reasons I cannot believe he is gone. Either that or this is the strangest family known to mankind. The song "unbreakable comes to mind.
  • JudeJude Posts: 452
    People deal with grief in different ways. I went back to work 3 days after my mother passed, that don't mean I did'nt love her, I had to for my own reasons.
  • trublutrublu Posts: 1,011
    When my father died I could not be consoled for at least a year.

How is she so strong?
  • That pic looks pretty recent i would think...

Janet is doing her part and playing the game. Not too worry guys. Remember all the SMILES at the memorial?
  • Wow.. Janet looks so much like Michael in that pic.
  • Bee BeeBee Bee Posts: 391
    Oh yeah, right. You can tell how she's grieving so hard when you see her laughing and jumping on guys on stage. As usual.

I believe that when it comes to certain topics such as the death of a LOVED one, mostly everybody will react the same way. If you choose to push it away, it'll only come back later and drive you insane. If Michael's dead and she did love him, she seems to have buried her emotions somewhere, which is NOT healthy. But then again, that still wouldn't explain away the FAKE emotions she has displayed. Because they won't be part of ANYONE's grief if he or she truly cared for someone.
  • Oh yeah, right. You can tell how she's grieving so hard when you see her laughing and jumping on guys on stage. As usual.

Just to be devils advocate.. you can argue that people grieve differently. Maybe her way was to bury herself in her work? Idk
  • Bee BeeBee Bee Posts: 391
    Oh yeah, right. You can tell how she's grieving so hard when you see her laughing and jumping on guys on stage. As usual.

Just to be devils advocate.. you can argue that people grieve differently. Maybe her way was to bury herself in her work? Idk

I edited my post, please see what I added. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • LilouLilou Posts: 319
    Yes she looks broken on that pic but don't forget she is an actress..remember the smiles and the "happiness" in the burial..it was so weird..and also all the other things wich make Mike death's weird

and..YES,God she looks like Michael on it !!!!

I thought the same! <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->
  • LilouLilou Posts: 319
    Wow.. Janet looks so much like Michael in that pic.

she's got the same rugged jaw line,the same expression(mouth+nose+eyes)..her hair..and the suit with the red shirt..Waw maybe the picture was not chosen randomly!
  • CCCC Posts: 2,136
    Wow.. Janet looks so much like Michael in that pic.

she's got the same rugged jaw line,the same expression(mouth+nose+eyes)..her hair..and the suit with the red shirt..Waw maybe the picture was not chosen randomly!

the picture is from the movie she was doing while MJ "died" and she was doing a woman who was beat by her husband i think... or something sad like that...

i get so tickled when someone reacts so strongly to someone looking like another member of their family. maybe our society is just not used to seeing that many kids who actually have both parents in common. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

i get so tickled when someone reacts so strongly to someone looking like another member of their family. maybe our society is just not used to seeing that many kids who actually have both parents in common. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Um.. not really. I dont look much like my brother. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> Complete opposites in the looks department there. Last time i saw him, anyways.

Janet has his eyes and mouth and jaw line.. very similar. Same as LoToyah was very similar, more when she was younger.
    The other brothers, apart from Jackie, dont look very similar. I wouldnt say Jermaine or Marlon look similar to MJ.
  • throughout this adventure with the various pictures a have seen i have notice little features of this one or that one at stages in michaels maturing. i also think that randy favors katherine alot.

the picture is from the movie she was doing while MJ "died" and she was doing a woman who was beat by her husband i think... or something sad like that...

Actually I think that pic is from her newer movie The Colored Girls. I don't think that movie is out yet. Her hair was still really long in Why Did I Get Married Too, which is the movie she was filming when MJ "died". I think the tabloid that carried this story just used that pic because she looks distraught. It seems like a lot of the tabloids tend it use pics that correspond with the mood of the article.

On another note, I think this has been discussed before but she really reminds me of MJ in the Rock My World video in that pic.
  • [youtube:3lijwal7]

Maybe not exactly appropriate, but it's a good song...
    I was searching about this picture of Janet and look what I found:
    <!-- m -->http://www.availableimages.com/celebs/j ... index.html<!-- m -->
    Maybe all of you know, but I´m not... in her filmography is TUPAC: Resurrection <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • I was searching about this picture of Janet and look what I found:
    Maybe all of you know, but I´m not... in her filmography is TUPAC: Resurrection <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

What was that about?
    I was searching about this picture of Janet and look what I found:

What was that about?

Is about tupac shakur the other musician that someones say has faked his death... <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> (I don´t know him until now...)