American Idol judges seek 'next Michael Jackson'

darkchilddarkchild Posts: 1,161
edited January 1970 in News
<!-- m -->http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11395179<!-- m -->

American Idol judges seek 'next Michael Jackson'

22 September 2010 Last updated at 19:50 ET
Aerosmith frontman Stephen Tyler and the actress and singer, Jennifer Lopez, will be judges on the forthcoming 10th series of American Idol.

Lopez told a news conference that the nationwide search was on to find ''the next Michael Jackson''.

The new line-up was announced by presenter Ryan Seacrest in Los Angeles, ending months of speculation over who would join the judging panel.

My note: No one can replace MJ. MJ is simply of The King of Music. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Comments

• MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    Well I guess they're doomed to be forever searching. Fore-e-ever! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    This seems to me a clever marketing opportunity for MJJ. American Idol has a freakishly large influence on popular culture so if people are starting to get used to MJ being the brass ring in entertainment this is very good for Operation Legacy Restoration. Very very good.
  • trublutrublu Posts: 1,011
    Good luck! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • Maybe at the end of the show nobody will win because nobody will be good enough and MJ will come out and say "this is how it's done". <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • I wish them all the luck to find the next Michael Jackson. I will not hold my breath <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> MJ is very unique human being and singer, dancer i do not need to go on we all know. There is no one in this universe that can be him, not even his impersonators cannot compare with him. I have seen some perform and believe me NO COMPARISON THEY ARE NOT MICHAEL JACKSON.
  • That's just not possible and we can't stress that enough! There's only 1 MJ and will only EVER b 1 MJ! And wats the need in getting a new MJ and MJ not dead <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> ???
    There's no need in them wasting their time <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    I'm willing 2 give any1 a chance tho...maybe <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • mumof3mumof3 Posts: 1,973
    Impossible task
  • Umm I think its a bit soon to be using the phrase "the next Michael Jackson" lol its popping up everywhere.

"Justin Bieber is the next King of Pop" <- WRONG!
    "Willow Smith is the next Michael Jackson" <- X X X WRONG AGAIN!

I mean, seriously. You can't just replace someone like that, it's Michael Jackson!
  • CCCC Posts: 2,136
    Is a good point because they can do 10.000 seassons of this and never found no one... NO ONE like MICHAEL JACKSON! <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->
    but is from SONY (I think, because I see this on SONY Channel in my country) so they are making money with the 10.000 seassons... <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    would be great that at the end Michael Show HImself!!!
  • Those guys really shouldn't bother, because we all know the outcome: FAIL <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • well hate to break it to them, but they will never find another Michael Jackson...
    No one can ever be compared to what a genius Michael is...
    He's one of a kind and noone can be the next Michael jackson, because he is MICHAEL JACKSON <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> ....and thats for all time....
  • xxmjxxxxmjxx Posts: 304
    I wish them all the luck to find the next Michael Jackson. I will not hold my breath <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> MJ is very unique human being and singer, dancer i do not need to go on we all know. There is no one in this universe that can be him, not even his impersonators cannot compare with him. I have seen some perform and believe me NO COMPARISON THEY ARE NOT MICHAEL JACKSON.
    couldnt agree more,not in a million years. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • MashMikeMashMike Posts: 1,312
    i agree with all of you, it's an impossible task,i wish them good luck, i bet they'll be disappointed at the end cause MJ is unique, a true genius, noone will ever come even close to him, he's for all times(to tell the truth such things really irritate me, why are they trying so desperately to replace Michael, to find someone better, don't they have anything else to do!even now they don't leave him alone)
  • DatrootDatroot Posts: 1,314
    I don't like watching anyone trying to be like MJ. However, its nice that he's not forgotten.
  • Why do they want to find the next one, when the real mc coy is still alive <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • guess someone forgot to tell them they broke the mold <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->