New Australian footage of Neil Armstrong's moon walk

applehead250609applehead250609 Posts: 2,615
edited January 1970 in News
Hello!!!

Today I found this subject on internet and I tought its intresting <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> .

New Australian footage of Neil Armstrong's moon walk
Tue Sep 28, 5:46 am ET
SYDNEY (AFP) – Long-lost footage of Neil Armstrong descending the ladder of the Apollo 11 lunar module will be screened in public for the first time in Sydney next week, a prominent astronomer told AFP.

The footage runs for a few minutes and is considered to be some of the best footage of the historic 1969 moonwalk <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> , but the film was lost <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> in archives for many years and was badly damaged when found, said John Sarkissian.

It depicts the first few minutes of Armstrong's descent which was recorded in Australia as NASA was still scrambling for a signal, showing a far clearer image than was initially screened worldwide.

Telescopes in remote Australia played a key role in the Apollo 11 mission, including provision of the television signal, after Armstrong decided to attempt the moonwalk early, putting the United States just beyond the horizon.

Sarkissian -- historian and astronomer in charge of the Australian side of the recordings restoration project -- said the unseen minutes were the "best quality of Armstrong descending the ladder."

"NASA were using the Goldstone (California) station signal, which had its settings wrong, but in the signals being received by the Australian stations you can actually see Armstrong."

"In what people have seen before you can barely see Armstrong at all, you can see something black -- that was his leg."

The segment which runs for "just a few minutes" will be screened at the awards night of Australian Geographic magazine next Wednesday, at which Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin will be the chief guest.

"When we heard Buzz was going to be the guest of honour we thought 'what a great opportunity'," Sarkissian said.

The Armstrong footage, which has only previously been seen by Apollo veterans and other members of the astronomy community, would form part of a highlights reel of restored, digitised moonwalk footage at the awards, he added.

There was a "long detective story" involved in the search for the footage and Sarkissian said it took painstaking frame by frame work to shift the material from the deteriorating black and white film to digitial format.

"It was very damaged tape as well, that segment of Armstrong at the beginning," he said.

Digitising the recording was "significant in the space flight history context" allowing it to be preserved and copied for future generations <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> , said Sarkissian.

Ok ,so this beeing said my first question here is: Have they ever been on the moon in the first place????? Lol,I mean how stupid they think that we are to believe that.
SERENITY what do you think about this?????
Thank you.

LOVE and blessing!!!

Comments

• trublutrublu Posts: 1,011
    I think it was a hoax.

I recommend this documentary, this is part 1, other parts available on youtube:

[youtube:383hkdxs]
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    I hope it's okay for others to comment as well, since you are only asking serenity.

He never walked on the moon. There are many documentaries on this subject that convinced me. NASA must have seen they made lots of mistakes with the footage, hence it getting lost and reappeared damaged. I wonder what this renewed footage will show.

Here is the complete documentary about one of the biggest hoaxes ever. One might wonder what has ever been true...

[youtube:iwjtqpz6]

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• trublutrublu Posts: 1,011
    Thank you for posting the whole thing Souza, sorry I only posted one because I had to go out quickly.

I do hope one day that some people will attempt to answer our questions and proof about the MJ hoax too! Though I imagine they will come off as unconvincing as NASA do in this documentary! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • I hope it's okay for others to comment as well, since you are only asking serenity.

He never walked on the moon. There are many documentaries on this subject that convinced me. NASA must have seen they made lots of mistakes with the footage, hence it getting lost and reappeared damaged. I wonder what this renewed footage will show.

Here is the complete documentary about one of the biggest hoaxes ever. One might wonder what has ever been true...

[youtube:3dh0ap3i]

This reminds me of MJ's song "HIStory". At the beginning, voices start to recite random dates and events in history. I guess I always figured they were random, but were they? I seem to remember walking on the moon as one of the dates mentioned. Am I right? I wonder if all the events mentioned are specifically chosen in that song... are they all of false happenings? Hoaxes? Hmm...
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    While we're on the subject of moon hoaxes, I thought I'd throw this one in as well, as this may have been a forerunner to the one we're discussing. In 1835 the gullible, trusting public or masses were made to believe there was plant, animal, human-like beings and cities on the moon, by means of an esteemed astronomer Sir John Herschel and his telescope, and The New York Sun newspaper eager to sell more papers than the competitor (sound familiar?).

<!-- m -->http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/Hoax ... x_of_1835/<!-- m -->
    Article Great Moon Hoax of 1835
    During the final week of August 1835, a long article appeared in serial form on the front page of the New York Sun. It bore the headline:

GREAT ASTRONOMICAL DISCOVERIES
    LATELY MADE
    BY SIR JOHN HERSCHEL, L.L.D. F.R.S. &c.
    At the Cape of Good Hope
    [From Supplement to the Edinburgh Journal of Science]

The article began by triumphantly listing a series of stunning astronomical breakthroughs that the famous British astronomer, Sir John Herschel, had apparently made “by means of a telescope of vast dimensions and an entirely new principle.” Herschel, the article declared, had established a “new theory of cometary phenomena”; he had discovered planets in other solar systems; and he had “solved or corrected nearly every leading problem of mathematical astronomy.” Then, almost as if it were an afterthought, the article revealed Herschel’s final, stunning achievement: He had discovered life on the moon!

The article was an elaborate hoax. Herschel had not really observed life on the moon, nor had he accomplished any of the other astronomical breakthroughs credited to him in the article. In fact, Herschel was not even aware until much later that such discoveries had been attributed to him. However, the announcement caused enormous excitement throughout America, and the New York Sun managed to sell thousands of copies of the article before the public realized it had been hoaxed.

The Great Moon Hoax of 1835 is widely acknowledged to be one of the most sensational media hoaxes of all time.

The Lunar Narrative
    The New York Sun first mentioned Herschel’s lunar discoveries on Friday, August 21, 1835. A small notice, ostensibly copied from the Edinburgh Courant, appeared on the second page of the paper. It read, “We have just learnt from an eminent publisher in this city [Edinburgh] that Sir John Herschel, at the Cape of Good Hope, has made some astronomical discoveries of the most wonderful description, by means of an immense telescope of an entirely new principle.”

This initial announcement elicited no comments from rival papers. It merely served as a forerunner to the more elaborate series of articles that followed four days later, published as a series of six extracts purportedly reprinted from the supplement to the Edinburgh Journal of Science.

The entire lunar narrative was approximately 17,000 words in length. It consisted primarily of a long, rambling, and fanciful telescopic tour across the surface of the moon. It did not have a plot or directional storyline, as such. Instead, it maintained the reader’s attention from one day to the next by unveiling one miraculous discovery after another, constantly promising that revelations even more stupendous than those already made would soon be disclosed. It relied heavily on the premise that it was a true narrative for its sensational effect.

Day One: Herschel’s Telescope
    The Sun printed the first extract on Tuesday, August 25. The text of the extract occupied three-quarters of the front page. The paper’s editor, Benjamin Day, wrote a short note on the second page explaining to his readers what he was presenting them with:

We this morning commence the publication of a series of extracts from the new Supplement to the Edinburgh Journal of Science, which have been very politely furnished us by a medical gentleman immediately from Scotland, in consequence of a paragraph which appeared on Friday last from the Edinburgh Courant. The portion which we publish to day is introductory to celestial discoveries of higher and more universal interest than any, in any science yet known to the human race…

This first extract only briefly mentioned that Herschel had discovered anything on the moon. Instead, it was principally devoted to establishing the premise upon which the entire hoax depended: that Herschel had created an immense new telescope so powerful that it could be used to view astronomical objects with great clarity at previously unheard-of magnifications — or as the text said, it could be used to study “even the entomology of the moon, in case she contained insects upon her surface.”

Such a telescope would, of course, have to be massive, and according to the text, it was. It measured 24 feet in diameter (by contrast, the modern telescope at the Mt. Palomar observatory measures only 17 feet in diameter). However, its true power lay in the fact that it contained a special, second lens, the “hydro-oxygen microscope”, that further magnified, illuminated, and projected the telescopic image onto a canvas screen. It was this second lens that gave the instrument its power. It did so by solving the problem of distant objects losing their light and becoming dimmer when magnified — a problem that had long plagued astronomers. By adding illumination to the telescopic image, the ‘hydro oxygen microscope’ supposedly allowed the magnification of even the most distant objects with absolute clarity.

Finally, the first extract introduced the supposed author of the narrative, a man identified as Dr. Andrew Grant, a former pupil of Sir William Herschel (Sir John Herschel’s famous father, discoverer of the planet Uranus) and now the travelling companion and amanuensis of the younger Herschel. Dr. Grant, it was claimed, had written a popular account of Herschel’s discoveries for the Edinburgh Journal of Science to complement a more scholarly account that Herschel himself had transmitted to the Royal Society.

Day Two: Plant and Animal Life
    The lunar tour began in earnest in the second extract. The narrative described the moment when, on January 10, 1835, Herschel was said to have first trained his telescope upon the moon. What appeared before his eyes was “a beautifully distinct, and even vivid representation of basaltic rock… their articulations similar to those of the basaltic formation at Staffa.” Shifting the view a little bit, Herschel then perceived that the rock was “profusely covered with a dark red flower.”

Having thus established that the moon contained plant life, the central question remaining was whether the moon also supported animal life. That day’s narrative soon answered that question when it reported that the scientists had seen herds of brown quadrupeds similar to bison, a goat “of a bluish lead color,” and “a strange amphibious creature, of a spherical form, which rolled with great velocity across the pebbly beach.”

Day Three: The Biped Beaver
    The third extract began with a description of more geological formations (oval-shaped mountains and extinct volcanoes). Dr. Grant offered a list of the variety of lunar flora and fauna seen by the astronomers up to that point: 38 species of trees, twice this number of plants, 9 species of mammalia, 5 of ovipara.

However, the highlight of this extract was the discovery of the biped beaver. This was the first sign of intelligent, though primitive, life on the moon. These extraordinary beavers, who walked on two feet and bore their young in their arms, lived in huts “constructed better and higher than those of many tribes of human savages.” Signs of smoke above the huts of the beavers indicated that these advanced animals had mastered the use of fire.

Day Four: The Vespertilio-Homo
    The fourth extract proved to be the highpoint of the entire narrative. The scientists discovered human-like creatures living inside a ring of red hills they dubbed the “Ruby Colosseum.” Unlike earth-bound humans, these creatures were “covered, except on the face, with short and glossy copper-colored hair, and had wings composed of a thin membrane, without hair, lying snugly upon their backs.” The faces of these creatures, Dr. Grant remarked, being “of a yellowish flesh color, was a slight improvement upon that of the large orang outang.”

Further observation of these curious creatures, whom Herschel dubbed the “Vespertilio-homo, or man-bat,” followed. The astronomers watched them engage in what appeared to be animated conversations and “hence inferred that they were rational creatures.” The very proper Dr. Grant also noted that “some of their amusements would but ill comport with our terrestrial notions of decorum.” Apparently the Vespertilio-homo were mating with each other out in the open.

Anticipating that some readers would find the existence of such creatures too incredible to believe, Dr. Grant assured skeptics that a forthcoming volume would provide certificates from “several Episcopal, Wesleyan, and other ministers, who, in the month of March last, were permitted, under stipulation of temporary secrecy, to visit the observatory, and become eye-witnesses of the wonders which they were requested to attest.”

Day Five: The Sapphire Temple
    The author of the lunar narrative (whoever he really was) now faced a challenge. Having revealed the existence of intelligent lunar life, how could he produce even greater wonders to maintain the interest of readers? His solution in the fifth extract was to present readers with a mystery: An apparently abandoned temple, built of polished sapphire. The roof of this temple was constructed out of a yellow metal and fashioned to look like a mass of flames rising upwards and licking at a large sphere of clouded copper, “as if hieroglyphically consuming it.”

The astronomers pondered what was meant by this globe surrounded by flames. Did the makers of the globe “by this record any past calamity of their world, or predict any future one of ours?” Unable to answer this question, the astronomers decided to refrain from “indulging in speculative theories, however seductive to the imagination.”

Day Six: Higher Orders of Vespertilio-Homo
    The lunar narrative concluded on Monday, August 31. In the final extract the astronomers discovered a superior order of Vespertilio-homo living in close proximity to the mysterious sapphire temple. These new creatures “were of a larger stature than the former specimens, less dark in color, and in every respect an improved variety of the race.”

While observing these creatures, who spent their time collecting fruit, flying, bathing, and conversing, the astronomers realized that there reigned a “universal state of amity among all classes of lunar creatures.” They could not remember having observed any “carnivorous or ferocious species.” (Apparently they had forgotten watching birds catching fish earlier in the narrative.)

With this thought in mind, Herschel and his companions temporarily ended their observations. However, when they returned to the telescope the next day they discovered they had accidentally left its lens in a position where it had caught the sun’s rays and burned down a wall of the observatory. A week later, after having completed the repairs, the moon was no longer visible.

This might have been the end of the narrative. However, Dr. Grant noted that he did get a chance to briefly observe the moon again the following month, and during this later observation discovered a still superior species of the Vespertilio-homo who “were of infinitely greater beauty, and appeared in our eyes scarcely less lovely than the general representations of angels by the more imaginative schools of painters.” Having said this much, Dr. Grant then declined to say any more, explaining to his readers that they would find a more detailed account of the highest order of Vespertilio-homo in the upcoming publication of “Dr. Herschel’s authenticated natural history of this planet.” With this, the narrative ended.

The Possibility of Lunar Life
    To modern readers the narrative of Herschel’s lunar discoveries reads like science fiction. It is difficult to imagine anyone believing such a farfetched tale. To appreciate why people in 1835 might have believed it, one must consider the intellectual context which served as its backdrop, particularly the early nineteenth-century debate about the possibility of lunar life. At the time, there was widespread disagreement in the scientific community on this subject. This created enough doubt to make The Sun’s lunar narrative seem somewhat credible.

The primary evidence to support the view that life did NOT exist on the moon was the sharpness with which the moon occulted stars. Such sharp occultation indicated that the moon lacked an atmosphere, and therefore lacked air to sustain life. As the German astronomer Friedrich Wilhelm Bessel put it in an 1834 lecture, “The moon has no air; thus also no water, because without the pressure of air, water at least in the liquid state would evaporate; thus also no fire, for without air nothing can burn.”

However, the apparent lack of a lunar atmosphere had not convinced all astronomers that the moon did not support life. Many astronomers placed more emphasis upon direct telescopic observations of the surface of the moon, and they had been diligently scanning the surface of the moon to find any signs of life. They believed they had met with some success.

For instance, in 1824 Franz von Paula Gruithuisen, professor of Astronomy at Munich University, had published a paper titled “Discovery of Many Distinct Traces of Lunar Inhabitants, Especially of One of Their Colossal Buildings.” In this paper, he noted the existence not only of different shades of color on the lunar surface, which he correlated with climate and vegetation zones, but also lines and geometrical shapes, which he felt indicated the existence of roads, walls, fortifications, and cities.

Other prominent German astronomers during the 1820s and 30s shared Gruithuisen’s belief in the existence of lunar life. Carl Friedrich Gauss, director of the Göttingen Observatory, Johann Joseph von Littrow, director of the Vienna Observatory, and Wilhelm Olbers, a Bremen astronomer, all seriously discussed ways of communicating with the inhabitants of the moon, such as the construction of gigantic geometrical symbols on the surface of the Earth that would be visible from the moon. These discussions were described in the October 1826 issue of the Edinburgh New Philosophical Journal. (Crediting the lunar narrative to the Edinburgh Journal of Science, a publication that did not exist in 1835, was almost certainly an allusion to the Edinburgh New Philosophical Journal‘s support of the lunar-life hypothesis.)

For many astronomers, telescopic evidence was secondary to the arguments offered by Natural Theology, a belief system that taught that the study of nature provided not only direct evidence of the existence of God, but also insight into his divine plan. This philosophy was famously articulated in works such as William Paley’s 1801 Natural Theology and the Bridgewater Treatises of the 1830s, and it served as the dominant framework for the study of nature during the first half of the nineteenth century.

The divine plan that seemed evident to many scientists, as they dug deeper into the secrets of Nature, was that God intended, through his creation, to promote life. This conclusion was strengthened as men of science found that the more they searched, the more they found life crammed into every obscure corner of the globe. Observations with microscopes, for instance, revealed small, life-filled worlds contained inside drops of water. Natural theologians concluded that God was clearly bountiful and plentitudinous in his Creation. He had evidently created a universe full of life. This made it seem illogical to them that the Creator would have surrounded the Earth with a universe full of dead planets. After all, if God’s purpose was to support life, what role could lifeless planets possibly serve in this plan? It was this logic that convinced many men of science that the moon must indeed be inhabited, despite its sharp occultation of stars.

The astronomical implications of natural theology reached a wide audience through the writings of Thomas Dick. Dick, also known as the ‘Christian Philosopher’ after the title of his first book, was a Scottish astronomer whose works were suffused with the concepts of natural theology. Like an early, Christian version of Carl Sagan, he campaigned tirelessly as both a writer and a lecturer to popularize astronomy and the concept of a “plurality of worlds.” Among his more notable achievements was the production of an estimate of the population of the entire solar system. According to his calculations, the solar system contained 21,891,974,404,480 inhabitants. In fact, the moon alone, by his count, contained 4,200,000,000 inhabitants. His writings were enormously popular in the United States, with his fans including intellectual luminaries such as Ralph Waldo Emerson. The writings of Dick provided the immediate intellectual backdrop against which many people in America judged the claims put forth in the moon hoax. In fact, it has often been suggested that the moon hoax should properly be read as a satire of Dick’s work.

It is worth noting that even Sir John Herschel himself, the star of the moon hoax and one of the great scientific celebrities of the 1830s, had not ruled out the possibility of lunar life. In his Treatise on Astronomy, which was republished in America in 1834, one year before the moon hoax, he reviewed the arguments for and against the possibility of lunar life, but took no side in the debate. After concluding his review, he simply remarked that, “Telescopes… must yet be greatly improved, before we could expect to see signs of inhabitants, as manifested by edifices or by changes on the surface of the soil.” This sentence could very well have served as the immediate inspiration for the moon hoax.

The Plausibility of Herschel’s Telescope

A secondary claim made in the text of the moon hoax, but a claim that was no less crucial for people in 1835 when trying to determine the narrative’s veracity, was that Sir John Herschel had invented and constructed an immense telescope of an entirely new design, and that the extraordinary power of this telescope allowed him a clear view of the lunar inhabitants. Even if readers had conceded the possibility of lunar life, they still might have questioned whether such a telescope was technologically feasible given the state of optical technology in 1835. They might also have wondered whether even a telescope with a 24-foot diameter lens was powerful enough to view lunar objects with the clarity recorded in Herschel’s narrative.

Michael Floy, a New York businessman, expressed these concerns in his diary when the moon hoax first appeared in print:

The author of these wonders says that an enormous lens of 30 feet diameter was constructed. He thought that would be a big enough lie in all conscience, but he should have said a lens of 100 feet diameter, as it is shown by writers on optics that such a diameter would be required to ascertain if any inhabitants in the Moon. Why not make a good lie at once? But it is utterly impossible to construct a lens of half that diameter, and therefore we may despair of ever ascertaining whether the moon be inhabited.

Floy was absolutely correct. It was well beyond the limits of optical technology in the 1830s to have constructed a telescope of the kind described in the moon hoax. However, only a handful of people in the world at that time were sufficiently versed in optics to have known this with certainty. Many might have sensed that it was beyond the limits of current technology, but they could not have been certain.

Contributing to the belief that such a telescope might have been possible, was the growing popular conviction that no technological leap was beyond the limits of human ingenuity. The first decades of the nineteenth century had already produced numerous technological wonders such as steamboats, canals, railroads, the cotton gin, and improved printing presses. Soon to appear were the telegraph and the daguerrotype. It was an age when people were prepared to believe that any invention, no matter how remarkable, was possible.

Authorship of the Hoax
    Ultimately whether or not people believed the claim that life had been found on the moon depended on whom they thought had written the article. As long as they thought that Sir John Herschel himself was the source of the lunar discoveries, they were unwilling to dismiss the discoveries as a hoax. After all, Herschel was a man of enormous cultural prestige, even in America. His word was trusted. It was commented more than once that the idea of Herschel lying seemed even more ridiculous than the lunar discoveries themselves.

It was only a matter of time before the public realized that Herschel was not the source of the discoveries, but a number of conditions conspired to help conceal this fact from the public and to prolong the inevitable moment before the Sun was exposed as the true author.

First there was the language and content of the narrative. It was composed in an ornate, intellectual style that included numerous scientific allusions obscure to the lay reader. The American sense of intellectual inferiority was such that many readers concluded that no American possessed the knowledge to have written the article. It must have been written by a European scientist, and this (mistaken) conclusion lended credibility to the hoax.

Second, there was the practical matter of the slow speed of communication between Europe and America. New Yorkers could not simply pick up the phone to ask someone in Europe whether the Edinburgh Journal of Science really had published such an article. They had to wait weeks for the mail boats to cross the Atlantic, leaving the Sun ample time to sow confusion. The Sun readily took advantage of this window of opportunity. As public suspicion grew concerning the authenticity of the discoveries, the Sun adopted a stance of innocence, claiming that it had merely published what it had received from Europe and that therefore, if there was a hoax, it was a European hoax. Two weeks after the hoax it righteously declared:

“Certain correspondents have been urging us to come out and confess the whole to be a hoax; but this we can by no means do, until we have the testimony of the English or Scotch papers to corroborate such a declaration.” (NY Sun, Sep. 16, 1835)

Finally, the Sun benefitted from a lucky accident of timing. Or perhaps, it deliberately took advantage of this accident to publish the article when it did.

At the beginning of August a fire had destroyed the printing offices of the Sun’s main rival, James Gordon Bennett’s New York Herald. This meant that while the Herald was finding a new place of business, it could not respond in print to anything the Sun might claim. Its surest critic had been silenced.

The Herald only resumed publication on August 31, the day that the Sun was printing the final extract from the Edinburgh Journal of Science. Immediately the Herald denounced the hoax, running a long column titled “The Astronomical Hoax Explained.”

In this column Bennett noted that “the town has been agape two or three days at the very ingenious astronomical hoax,” and then revealed (or made an accusation) that the true author of the lunar discoveries was not Dr. Andrew Grant, but rather Richard Adams Locke, a Cambridge-educated, English reporter who worked for the Sun.

Bennett claimed he had sat next to Locke during a court trial earlier that summer, at which time he had struck up a conversation with the man. Bennett said that Locke “told me he was engaged on some scientific studies. He mentioned optics, and I think astronomy, as the particular branches.” Bennett offered this remembered conversation as his proof that Locke had to be the author of the moon hoax. Bennett also shared a supposed scandal from Locke’s past, revealing that the man had originally considered dedicating his life to the Church, “but in consequence of some youthful love affair, getting a chambermaid in some awkward plight, abandoned religion for astronomy.”

Locke replied to Bennett in the next issue of the Sun, insisting that he did not make the lunar discoveries and that Bennett had taken liberties with his biography. Bennett correctly pointed out that he never claimed that Locke had made the discoveries, “We only said he did the writing part.” Bennett then added, “He need not be ashamed of it, neither need he squint so awfully at us about the chamber-maid. We can return the look with seven per cent interest. We still persist in our belief.”

Despite Locke’s denial, the belief that he was the author of the lunar narrative has persisted, although it remains possible someone else wrote it. Two men in particular have been occasionally put forward as possible authors of the hoax: Jean-Nicolas Nicollet, a French astronomer who was travelling through America at the time (though he was in Mississippi, not New York, when the moon hoax appeared), and Lewis Gaylord Clark, editor of the Knickerbocker Magazine. However, there is no real evidence to suggest that anyone but Locke was the author of the hoax, and he remains the most likely candidate.

All Text Copyright © 2008 Alex Boese, except where otherwise indicated.

I've read that throughout the history of mankind, political and religious leaders, royalty, and those with power have always kept one standard of knowledge for the elite, and another lower standard for the masses. Even Jesus said that the multitude received mysterious parables but his disciples would receive understandable truth. There is a term called Machiavellian, defined here.
    Mach•i•a•vel•li•an
    Pronunciation: (mak"ē-u-vel'ē-un), [key]
    —adj.
    1. of, like, or befitting Machiavelli.
    2. being or acting in accordance with the principles of government analyzed in Machiavelli's The Prince, in which political expediency is placed above morality and the use of craft and deceit to maintain the authority and carry out the policies of a ruler is described.
    3. characterized by subtle or unscrupulous cunning, deception, expediency, or dishonesty: He resorted to Machiavellian tactics in order to get ahead.
  • Wasn't there something about Michael debuting a, "new moonwalk" during TII? I recall something....maybe by Kenny? TV interview maybe? Maybe it was someone else? However, if I am correct......if we are in the middle of the real TII (arg or whatever....) we have a new moonwalk <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Here it is.....never mind it was Randy P.
    <!-- m -->http://www.michaeljackson.com/us/conten ... w-moonwalk<!-- m -->

Blessings!
  • Hello Everyone!

Haven't anyone else than me seen this new T-shirt from SOLID JEANS with the Text:

Moonwalk
    19 HOAX 69
    Of the century......
    ...and the truth will be
    Revealed

??

I live In a small town in Sweden an we have this t-shirth in our little store.
    Of course I tought of Michael right away, and I still do but I think we have 2 Moonwalk Hoaxe's, if
    you know what I mean?

Can't find the picture of it anywere on the internet......
  • I hope it's okay for others to comment as well, since you are only asking serenity.

[youtube:14lcsqab]

HELLO!!

Thank you very much for the videos Souza!!!
    I dont really know what has ever been true but its something fishy about this Moon landing <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> .
    At the end of september I found out another "intresting " <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> article about a Goldilocks planet just like earth , <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> :

Could 'Goldilocks' planet be just right for life?
    Wed Sep 29, 7:19 pm ET
    WASHINGTON – Astronomers say they have for the first time spotted a planet beyond our own in what is sometimes called the Goldilocks zone for life: Not too hot, not too cold. Juuuust right.

Not too far from its star, not too close. So it could contain liquid water. The planet itself is neither too big nor too small for the proper surface, gravity and atmosphere.

It's just right. Just like Earth.

"This really is the first Goldilocks planet," said co-discoverer R. Paul Butler of the Carnegie Institution of Washington.

[Related: Seven best places to sleep under the stars]

The new planet sits smack in the middle of what astronomers refer to as the habitable zone, unlike any of the nearly 500 other planets astronomers have found outside our solar system. And it is in our galactic neighborhood, suggesting that plenty of Earth-like planets circle other stars.

Finding a planet that could potentially support life is a major step toward answering the timeless question: Are we alone?

Scientists have jumped the gun before on proclaiming that planets outside our solar system were habitable only to have them turn out to be not quite so conducive to life. But this one is so clearly in the right zone that five outside astronomers told The Associated Press it seems to be the real thing.

"This is the first one I'm truly excited about," said Penn State University's Jim Kasting. He said this planet is a "pretty prime candidate" for harboring life.

Life on other planets doesn't mean E.T. Even a simple single-cell bacteria or the equivalent of shower mold would shake perceptions about the uniqueness of life on Earth.

But there are still many unanswered questions about this strange planet. It is about three times the mass of Earth, slightly larger in width and much closer to its star — 14 million miles away versus 93 million. It's so close to its version of the sun that it orbits every 37 days. And it doesn't rotate much, so one side is almost always bright, the other dark.

Temperatures can be as hot as 160 degrees or as frigid as 25 degrees below zero, but in between — in the land of constant sunrise — it would be "shirt-sleeve weather," said co-discoverer Steven Vogt of the University of California at Santa Cruz.

It's unknown whether water actually exists on the planet, and what kind of atmosphere it has. But because conditions are ideal for liquid water, and because there always seems to be life on Earth where there is water, Vogt believes "that chances for life on this planet are 100 percent."

The astronomers' findings are being published in Astrophysical Journal and were announced by the National Science Foundation on Wednesday.

The planet circles a star called Gliese 581. It's about 120 trillion miles away, so it would take several generations for a spaceship to get there. It may seem like a long distance, but in the scheme of the vast universe, this planet is "like right in our face, right next door to us," Vogt said in an interview.

That close proximity and the way it was found so early in astronomers' search for habitable planets hints to scientists that planets like Earth are probably not that rare.

Vogt and Butler ran some calculations, with giant fudge factors built in, and figured that as much as one out of five to 10 stars in the universe have planets that are Earth-sized and in the habitable zone.

With an estimated 200 billion stars in the universe, that means maybe 40 billion planets that have the potential for life, Vogt said. However, Ohio State University's Scott Gaudi cautioned that is too speculative about how common these planets are.

Vogt and Butler used ground-based telescopes to track the star's precise movements over 11 years and watch for wobbles that indicate planets are circling it. The newly discovered planet is actually the sixth found circling Gliese 581. Two looked promising for habitability for a while, another turned out to be too hot and the fifth is likely too cold. This sixth one bracketed right in the sweet spot in between, Vogt said.

With the star designated "a," its sixth planet is called Gliese 581g.

"It's not a very interesting name and it's a beautiful planet," Vogt said. Unofficially, he's named it after his wife: "I call it Zarmina's World."

The star Gliese 581 is a dwarf, about one-third the strength of our sun. Because of that, it can't be seen without a telescope from Earth, although it is in the Libra constellation, Vogt said.

But if you were standing on this new planet, you could easily see our sun, Butler said.

The low-energy dwarf star will live on for billions of years, much longer than our sun, he said. And that just increases the likelihood of life developing on the planet, the discoverers said.

"It's pretty hard to stop life once you give it the right conditions," Vogt said.

___

Online:

The National Science Foundation: <!-- m -->http://www.nsf.gov<!-- m -->

NASA: <!-- m -->http://www.nasa.gov/topics/universe/fea ... ature.html<!-- m -->

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100929/ap_on_sc/us_sci_new_earths

Love you all!!!!
  • liegiliegi Posts: 640
    Thanks for bringing up the subject again and thank you Souza for the videos.

On the subject of the moon landing, I think what convinces me most about the hoax is the amount of radiation and the tremendous variation of temperature. Five years ago, I participated in a conference on a possible return to the moon. It was obvious that "returning" to the moon was no easy task, including the problem of making a soft landing. The scepticism regarding the first landing was barely hidden. Why would it be so difficult to return to the moon if we had done it the first time with 1960s technology? And remember we did not have computer chips at the time. Everything was done with huge main frame computers.

The moon landing was the culmination of a decade filled with deceit and murder. I was a child during those times and I can tell you that we were terrified of an atomic bomb attack. I remember we had to practice "duck and cover" drills during kindergarten. John F. Kennedy, Martin Luther King, Malcolm X and Robert F. Kennedy were killed under very mysterious circumstances. Ted Kennedy almost died in an airplane crash. Then we were involved in the Vietnam War.

Fast forward to 9/11. What really happened? Those of us who want to know the truth are silenced. We are told we are nuts, crackpots, etc. People become angry with us (same reaction I get when I tell them I don't believe in the moon landing). Another war, actually two wars this time.

Fast forward to June 25, 2009. Michael Jackson, the world's most famous entertainer, suddenly dies from an overdose of a mysterious substance, "propofol". Despite the fact we have investigated even the smallest bit of information we are told we are crackpots, nuts, crazy, etc. The latest criticism comes from a so-called MJ supporter--Charles Thomson. We are told that Michael is an addict, a drunk, the worst things imaginable.

Thank you Mo and Souza for giving us this opportunity to speak up for a person who was mistreated during his life. A person with great talent, innocence and a good heart who was going to blow the whistle on someone or something, just like Virgil Grissom.

How long will it take until a conspiracy theory video hits mainstream media?
  • =[ This topic again.... <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->

I guess Mom was right...the footage really was a HOAX. <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    Tagging this because I want to come back and watch the vids after catching up on the days stuff.
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    I've actually seen this documentary before and yes it convinced me. The funny thing is, Fox "gets away" with airing this kind of stuff because of the "soft" hoax shows they've played before such as Alien Autopsy and Big Foot in a Freezer press conference, and they always run some fluffy series with a tough sounding name like this one "Conspiracy Theories". The typical show is a lot of build up to nothing: "could the moth man exist? One woman says YES and she's seen it"... and then one lady with crazy eyes says "I seen something, it was dark and I lost my glasses, it might have been my cat but I'm not sure", and it just leaves you thinking conspiracy=crazy.

But this show actually convinced me. This is strong evidence and the NASA guy has no counter argument that's credible or even plausible at all. By the time they get to the completely irrefutable proof that the photos are fake he resorts to the tired old line, "the conspiracy theory is wrong because... well because it's crazy to think that". Great, thanks NASA guy, so helpful to put my mind at ease.

Yes. This is the only reason remaining to believe that we put men on the moon. Because it's crazy to think that a hoax could be conducted on a global scale and perpetuated as fact for decades. It's crazy to think that what we see on TV and is written in our history books ISN'T TRUE.

For the first time, we are all 100% of the generation who was raised entirely FROM BIRTH with a TV in the home. That's the first time the mass media has had a lifelong effect on the ENTIRE populous. Think about it. Subliminal messages flashed on the screen were discovered to have extremely effective mind control properties as early as the 1950's. Within 5 years of TV's conception someone figured out how to use it to control the minds (no BS!) of all who watch the screen. These subliminal messages proved to be SO effective at controlling viewers' behavior so completely against the will of the watcher that their use was banned by congress almost immediately. Problem is, you just have to trust that there isn't a similar yet different method that exists that isn't being utilized. Television by definition, pictures on a screen flashed at high frequencies, repeating of the same clips over and over combined with catchy musical tunes and phrases, may be a subliminal message system that is so prevalent and accepted in our culture that we overlook it's power to influence.

Ok I'm totally back to crazy land now. Wonderful.
  • liegiliegi Posts: 640
    Yes, bec, back in 1957, Vance Packard did research on subliminal messages in advertising and published a book on the topic called The Hidden Persuaders. Although this was written more than 40 years ago, it is still valid.
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    ReturnOfTheAncestors
    I think we have 2 Moonwalk Hoaxe's, if
    you know what I mean?
    I like that!!

I'm sort of torn on the moon hoax. My son was criticizing me the other day for buying into it, because he said of the laser reflectors that have been placed on the moon that give scientists here info. So here's wiki on that.
    <!-- m -->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_Lase ... experiment<!-- m --> It says at the end,
    The presence of reflectors on the Moon has been used to rebut claims that the Apollo landings were faked.
    Could this somehow be false too? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • watch this, <!-- m -->http://videos.arte.tv/de/videos/kubrick ... 57490.html<!-- m --> !!!!

I try to stream it, but don't know if it works. It is up on ARTE till wednesday.

video posted on 10/7/2010 on 22:11 (numerology experts?) --> BTW 51 years after the estabishment of German Democratic Rebublic

1969 Moon hoax is verified by D. Rumsfeld + H. Kissinger !!! .
    2001 Space Odysee by S. Kubrik is the inspiration.

(we know about Scream and it's connection to 2001 Space Odysee, spaceship 2040 on History tour ..)

Greatest Hoax of human mankind. All Hollywood. History in the MIX!

Moonwalking Michael knew it all. <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: -->
  • watch this, <!-- m -->http://videos.arte.tv/de/videos/kubrick ... 57490.html<!-- m --> !!!!

I try to stream it, but don't know if it works. It is up on ARTE till wednesday.

video posted on 10/7/2010 on 22:11 (numerology experts?) --> BTW 51 years after the estabishment of German Democratic Rebublic

1969 Moon hoax is verified by D. Rumsfeld + H. Kissinger !!! .
    2001 Space Odysee by S. Kubrik is the inspiration.

(we know about Scream and it's connection to 2001 Space Odysee, spaceship 2040 on History tour ..)

Greatest Hoax of human mankind. All Hollywood. History in the MIX!

Moonwalking Michael knew it all. <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: -->

o.k. I bought it, because I didn't watch it till the end.
    the film is a hoax itself <!-- m -->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Side_ ... mentary%29<!-- m -->

Dark Side of the Moon (mockumentary)
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search
    This article is about the mockumentary. For other meanings of "Dark Side of the Moon", see Dark Side of the Moon (disambiguation)

Dark Side of the Moon is a French mockumentary by director William Karel which originally aired on Arte in 2002 with the title Opération Lune. The basic premise for the film is the theory that the television footage from the Apollo 11 Moon landing was faked and actually recorded in a studio by the CIA with help from director Stanley Kubrick. It features some surprising guest appearances, most notably by Donald Rumsfeld, Dr. Henry Kissinger, Alexander Haig, Vernon Walters, Buzz Aldrin and Stanley Kubrick's widow, Christiane Kubrick.
    Contents
    [hide]

* 1 Plot summary
    * 2 See also
    * 3 References
    * 4 External links

[edit] Plot summary

The tone of the "documentary" begins with low key revelations of NASA working closely with Hollywood at the time of the Moon landings. Over the course of the tale, Karel postulates that not only did Kubrick help the USA fake the moon landings but that he was eventually killed by the CIA to cover up the truth. First hand testimony backing these claims come from Rumsfeld and Dr. Kissinger seems to lend credence to the story.

It is finally revealed that this is a mockumentary as the end credits roll over a montage of blooper reels, with the main participants laughing over the absurdity of their lines or questioning if particular ones would give the joke away too soon. Besides being a comedic documentary, it is also an exercise in Jean Baudrillard's theories of hyperreality. In a 2004 interview, the director was asked why he would elect to make a film "closer to a comedy than a serious film"; Karel replied that in the wake of having made serious documentaries, the objective was "de faire un film drôle" (to make a funny film).[1]

Australian broadcaster SBS television aired the film on April 1 as an April fools' joke, and again on 17 November 2008 as part of Kubrick week. It was aired again on 27 July 2009, perhaps to coincide with the anniversary of the moon landing.

Several of the fictitious interviewees, such as Dave Bowman, Jack Torrance, and Dimitri Muffley are named after characters from movies directed by Kubrick. There are also references to films by Alfred Hitchcock, as both Eve Kendall and George Kaplan are character names in North by Northwest, and Ambrose Chapel is a location in the 1956 remake of The Man Who Knew Too Much.

The soundtrack also includes the song "The American Dream" from Wag the Dog by Barry Levinson, a fiction feature about a secretly government-commissioned Hollywood production of a fake war.

o.K. time for me to leave the party for today... <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->