Rockwell: 31 Days of Halloween

Tink.I.AmTink.I.Am Posts: 878
edited January 1970 in General Hoax Investigation
(probably totaly irrelevant)

31 Days of Halloween: ROCKWELL -Somebody's Watching Me

When ROCKWELL released his debut single in 1984, many were confused as to whether or not MICHAEL JACKSON was really on the record, or if Rockwell just sounded a hell of a lot like him. In reality, not only was that MJ singing the chorus, but his brother JERMAINE JACKSON was singing backups.

The song itself bore a simplistic, yet haunting melody that perfectly fit the paranoia present in the lyrics. Factor in the first-person music video with it's haunted house motif, and an instant Halloween classic was born.

While the song found a resurgence to do a cover version used in ad campaigns for GEICO, the original version has been a staple of Halloween playlists for over 25 years, and will likely continue to be for many years to come.
[youtube:1z021fwg]´

<!-- m -->http://kikaxemusic.com/features/item/19 ... atching-me<!-- m -->

Comments

• SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400

Ah Rockwell! Looks like the guy hoaxed his death 25 years ago. The audio is not very good, but to me the voice doesn't really sound like MJ's. I do think Rockwell is still major interesting, where is that guy??

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    1:48 to 2:03 <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> hilarious <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->