An open letter to Oprah RE:Katherine Jackson Interview

SinderellaSinderella Posts: 1,334
edited January 1970 in News
Just found this,don't think it is already up,if so then lock it by all means x

http://www.oprah.com/community/thread/146120?start=0&tstart=0

Comments

• Powerful letter. Hope she gets it. But I wouldn't count on it. The interview with LMP is tomorrow. I hope they will both be kind.
  • Thank you, Sinderella, for posting this. That was a powerful letter. Powerful, because it is true. I know where my thoughts and prayers will be tomorrow. Blessings.
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    Well that's pretty amazing. Am I seeing this right? 28 pages of comments agreeing with the letter and calling for Oprah to apologize publicly to Michael Jackson on Oprah's own website?
  • BeTheChangeBeTheChange Posts: 1,569
    It was a great letter and I'm sure she's read it...28 pages of comments are sure to draw some attention. Unfortunately, I don't think it will do much good. I can't believe that she's done two shows on molestation this week and 'coincidentally' is interviewing LMP this week as well. Why is all this happening? What are her motives? Something just doesn't feel right about this whole thing...and whatever shred of respect I had left for Oprah (which wasn't much) has completely vanished. That she sandwiched the LMP interview inbetween her molestation shows speaks volumes about what she still thinks of MJ, no matter what she says in that interview tomorrow.

With L.O.V.E. always.
  • It was a great letter and I'm sure she's read it...28 pages of comments are sure to draw some attention. Unfortunately, I don't think it will do much good. I can't believe that she's done two shows on molestation this week and 'coincidentally' is interviewing LMP this week as well. Why is all this happening? What are her motives? Something just doesn't feel right about this whole thing...and whatever shred of respect I had left for Oprah (which wasn't much) has completely vanished. That she sandwiched the LMP interview inbetween her molestation shows speaks volumes about what she still thinks of MJ, no matter what she says in that interview tomorrow.With L.O.V.E. always.

Exactly!

What LMP says during the interview kinda gets overshadowed by this ONE fact that I have highlighted in your post.

I have read most of the comments on her board under this subject and there have been a few people who have wrote out specific stuff she has done over the years (in her interviews with other people) that disrespected Michael every way she could.

I can not for the life of me understand how those facts can be over looked.
    I saw the promo of LMP and O with the sunflowers, give me a break.
    I can't remember where I read it but, Michael's favorite flowers aren't sunflowers.

I think that was a part of the "hoax" because of what the sunflower represents and perhaps this interview is also part of the "hoax"... wait and see is what I will do.
    I still think O is a opportunistic, backstabbing, only out for herself person.

I can't even give her credit for being a human or a woman anymore.
    I used to have mad respect for her when she first started her show, yes I watched and was proud of her accomplishments.

But, as we should know by now, "the powers to be" run the show and they make or break stars, including O.

She is now under their control and spell.
    There is a hidden agenda, no doubt about it.

I am only speaking about LMP and how this interview was oh so cleverly slipped in between molester shows and O's whole site has numerous stories on molestation...

A zebra doesn't change it's stripes just because TIME has passed by.
    Vultures who prey on dead carcasses don't stop eating because it's not in their nature to do so.

O is doing what comes Natural to her, Anything for MONEY.
  • SinderellaSinderella Posts: 1,334
    Sinderella wrote:
    NO Coincidence on the same week of her LMP interview @Oprah is doing 3 shows on child molestation? She just added another one #FAIL

Comment from someone on twitter regarding this entire BS interview.Never knew that...but now I do,And I'm f&*king outraged.
    Oprah.I have more respect for what is on the bottom of my high heel on a friday night than I do for you...
    That is all.

Is what I wrote in the other thread about Oprah and LMP.It goes for her regarding this also.
    It was a great letter and I'm sure she's read it...28 pages of comments are sure to draw some attention. Unfortunately, I don't think it will do much good. I can't believe that she's done two shows on molestation this week and 'coincidentally' is interviewing LMP this week as well. Why is all this happening? What are her motives? Something just doesn't feel right about this whole thing...and whatever shred of respect I had left for Oprah (which wasn't much) has completely vanished. That she sandwiched the LMP interview inbetween her molestation shows speaks volumes about what she still thinks of MJ, no matter what she says in that interview tomorrow.With L.O.V.E. always.

Exactly!

What LMP says during the interview kinda gets overshadowed by this ONE fact that I have highlighted in your post.

I have read most of the comments on her board under this subject and there have been a few people who have wrote out specific stuff she has done over the years (in her interviews with other people) that disrespected Michael every way she could.

I can not for the life of me understand how those facts can be over looked.
    I saw the promo of LMP and O with the sunflowers, give me a break.
    I can't remember where I read it but, Michael's favorite flowers aren't sunflowers.

I think that was a part of the "hoax" because of what the sunflower represents and perhaps this interview is also part of the "hoax"... wait and see is what I will do.
    I still think O is a opportunistic, backstabbing, only out for herself person.

I can't even give her credit for being a human or a woman anymore.
    I used to have mad respect for her when she first started her show, yes I watched and was proud of her accomplishments.

But, as we should know by now, "the powers to be" run the show and they make or break stars, including O.

She is now under their control and spell.
    There is a hidden agenda, no doubt about it.

I am only speaking about LMP and how this interview was oh so cleverly slipped in between molester shows and O's whole site has numerous stories on molestation...

A zebra doesn't change it's stripes just because TIME has passed by.
    Vultures who prey on dead carcasses don't stop eating because it's not in their nature to do so.

O is doing what comes Natural to her, Anything for MONEY.

I fully agree with you both.On everything.

As for Katherine...what a babe....NOT.
    Sticking up for her son and talking to the woman his ex wife spilled all too and who ripped him to pieces and caused him so much pain and hurt.Such an awesome way to protect his legacy..you know the one feeding your bank account and thr rest of your family as well...

I have lost respect for everyone.No one mentioned here or who has spoken to oprah concerning Michael,or blasted him,caused part of his breakdown at one point or another...should be allowed to call themselves a human being.
    The human race is disgusting.Greedy,backstabbing,two faced,evil,mean,selfish,blind and ignorant.These are just prime grade A examples.
  • jenwren20jenwren20 Posts: 282
    i have replied to this letter to add my support, too.
    I just hope she DOES get to see it <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
    [center:1iaai9by]
    If you come to fame not understanding who you are, it will define who you are.Oprah Winfrey
    [/center:1iaai9by]

Clearly defined her as a twofaced,backstabbing,uncaring,money driven witch then....
  • *sighs* This is a nice effort but this interview is probably still gonna air, whether we like it or not. <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> =[
  • Sinderella wrote:
    NO Coincidence on the same week of her LMP interview @Oprah is doing 3 shows on child molestation? She just added another one #FAIL

Comment from someone on twitter regarding this entire BS interview.Never knew that...but now I do,And I'm f&*king outraged.
    Oprah.I have more respect for what is on the bottom of my high heel on a friday night than I do for you...
    That is all.

LMAO!!! That comment about the high heel is hee-larious! xD <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    Makes me sad I had to join the website to comment....but I swallowed my pride,used a random name and let rip on everyone.It probably won't get approved...

As for my high heels...TRUE STORY! hahaha.
  • I commend the person who wrote that letter. That is purely the truth. I use to love Oprah, since the molestation I stopped watching her show, and I did not watch the show with LMP> I will not give her this satisfaction. Michael is too important for me to betray him, in watching Oprah. Oprah will get what she deserve, Karma will come down and bite her behind.. ( being very polite) I do strongly believe in Karma..
    Thanks for this posting.. It made my day.
    God bless..
  • Wow, wow, wow! I am so pleased to be in the presence of such wonderful souls. This entire thing has made me realize how many good people there are still left in the world. I don't think we ever went anywhere, somewhere along the line we just lost our voice. Thank you to the writter of this letter and to every single person who took the time to read it and comment. I think this is absolutely a positive and powerful tool that we can use to get the truth out. Even if Oprah doesn't respond, it's still on her website for many to notice, and they are clearly noticing.

This, along with the article recently posted about how we should demand honest journalism, has put me in the best, most optimistic mood today. I can really feel the shift in consciousness that is taking place around the globe and I'm so honored to be apart of it.
    I commend the person who wrote that letter. That is purely the truth. I use to love Oprah, since the molestation I stopped watching her show, and I did not watch the show with LMP> I will not give her this satisfaction. Michael is too important for me to betray him, in watching Oprah. Oprah will get what she deserve, Karma will come down and bite her behind.. ( being very polite) I do strongly believe in Karma..
    Thanks for this posting.. It made my day.
    God bless..

You are very welcome!All for L.O.V.E <3
    as for the karma part...only because I can't near her ass with my 6" heels.
    Wow, wow, wow! I am so pleased to be in the presence of such wonderful souls. This entire thing has made me realize how many good people there are still left in the world. I don't think we ever went anywhere, somewhere along the line we just lost our voice. Thank you to the writter of this letter and to every single person who took the time to read it and comment. I think this is absolutely a positive and powerful tool that we can use to get the truth out. Even if Oprah doesn't respond, it's still on her website for many to notice, and they are clearly noticing.

This, along with the article recently posted about how we should demand honest journalism, has put me in the best, most optimistic mood today. I can really feel the shift in consciousness that is taking place around the globe and I'm so honored to be apart of it.

And you are welcome also,so happy I could help your mood and revive the importance of staying positive and that working together is important <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • Wow, wow, wow! I am so pleased to be in the presence of such wonderful souls. This entire thing has made me realize how many good people there are still left in the world. I don't think we ever went anywhere, somewhere along the line we just lost our voice. Thank you to the writter of this letter and to every single person who took the time to read it and comment. I think this is absolutely a positive and powerful tool that we can use to get the truth out. Even if Oprah doesn't respond, it's still on her website for many to notice, and they are clearly noticing.

Yeah I agree. I didn't mean to be negative in my above post but yeah, like I said in my post above,this is a good idea, despite the interview airing, which by the way I am wondering how that went. xD
  • just wish we had some idea of what in the worild prompted katherine to agree to this.
  • just wish we had some idea of what in the worild prompted katherine to agree to this.

I keep wondering that too. It gives me hope that perhaps this is going to be a good thing... because otherwise why would she do it?

I keep wondering that too. It gives me hope that perhaps this is going to be a good thing... because otherwise why would she do it?

I do not want to seem mean, nor I want to put down Katherine, I have one idea why, Joe pushing her to do the interview for MONEY!!! WE all know how much Joe loves MONEY!!!!. This is just my opinion, but I have a feeling it is..
  • I posted a response in favor of the apology. We need to get everyone on this site to sign it. You don't need to write a lot, but I think it's important we do. Looking at the amount of people that have commented on it, in comparison to the other topics, it's pretty big. I think the more people write on it, the more likely Oprah might hear about it and possibly read it. All the other threads have like 5-100 comments, and so far this one has 439. Let's bring it up!
    I posted a response in favor of the apology. We need to get everyone on this site to sign it. You don't need to write a lot, but I think it's important we do. Looking at the amount of people that have commented on it, in comparison to the other topics, it's pretty big. I think the more people write on it, the more likely Oprah might hear about it and possibly read it. All the other threads have like 5-100 comments, and so far this one has 439. Let's bring it up!

I agree,I have replied...I need to see if they approved it LOL.oops..
    but yeah..direct everyone to this thread or give out the link and lets get everyone on here with a voice and opinion to go comment.Fully support this motion..

LETS GOOOOOO PEOPLE!!!! <3
  • I'm not sure how this works..or if they'd be willing to do this..
    But could we maybe send the link to everyone through a pm? For this Oprah thread as well as the petition to put Michael's name back on the MTV award? We need to make a change everyone!
    I'm not sure how this works..or if they'd be willing to do this..
    But could we maybe send the link to everyone through a pm? For this Oprah thread as well as the petition to put Michael's name back on the MTV award? We need to make a change everyone!

OH I am down with that as well,I already sent MTV a letter,well I sent it to a friend who works there and he was like..I know,send it higher up,they are getting thousands of complaints" So I did but i'll write it again and send it again no probs.
    They got HAMMERED on twitter...and I mean..hammered with tweets about Michael and his award.I refused to watch this year,even though I have worked with MTV on their EMA show in the past.I couldn't believe they removed his name.So lets go with that too!

As for Oprah..they did approve my comment <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Lets get to work and get it sent.People want to change things,make a difference and be Michaels voice well here you go.....here is your chance.

Then someone can alert TMZ who you know...are into this kind of story and get them to report on the 400+ comments....thousands by the time we're done.
    This is what I have been trying to say,J4MJ are annoying and fight the wrong people-usually- but they get their voice heard whether they are listened to or not...time to fight for this side of the fence.
  • How do we go about getting the PM?
  • I actually ended up saying that I didn't like Michaels music in the post.. I thought it would make it seem more meaningful..like that I'm not this huge fan that's biased ha. But be sure to know that I LOVE his music
    How do we go about getting the PM?

Message the admin?I would imagine that or copy and paste the link everywhere but it'll look like spam....

Pfftt...not an MJ music fan..haha...i believe you <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->