Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson's 18-month marriage i

all4loveandbelieveall4loveandbelieve Posts: 4,455
edited January 1970 in General Hoax Investigation
I hope this was not already posted If so lock it. I checked couldn't find anything
I don't know if you already knew this. Like I said I haven't watched Oprah. I have a very hard time to believe that Michael would taunt LMP that he would have babies with Debbie Rowe. I guess this was a untrustworthy relationship. Michael did not trusl LMP and LMP did not trust Michael.

Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson's 18-month marriage in the mid-1990s started to crumble when the King of Pop told her his friend Debbie Rowe had offered to have children with him..

Presley hurt by Rowe baby taunts
Enlarge photo .The rocker admits she was far from shocked when her then-ex announced his new wife Rowe was carrying his first child months after he divorced Presley - because he used to taunt her with the idea while they were married.

In a revealing TV interview with Oprah Winfrey, Presley says, "I knew it was a bit of a retaliatory act on his part because I didn't have a baby and I know that she was there the whole time telling him she would do it. He would tell me... 'If you're not gonna do it, Debbie says she'll do it.'

"I was like, 'What is that? Not gonna entice me,' so we would get into arguments because that really wasn't how to handle it - but that's how he knew how to handle it."

And Presley admits those arguments were the beginning of the end for the marriage: "I understand him so well now but, at that time, I was hurt and I did things that hurt him."

She reveals that her closeness with her former husband Danny Keogh, who she had two children with, was a big issue for Jackson.

Presley explains, "I was very torn because I broke up my family and I left my husband for Michael... While I was with Michael I was still trying to process what I had done... I felt, 'How could I have done that to somebody...?'

"Danny was still very much part of my life and Michael didn't know what to do with that sometimes and that made him uncomfortable. I would take a vacation and Danny would go and Michael would get upset.. and then he would disappear for a couple of weeks and I couldn't find him.

"We hit rough waters and we would argue - three-day arguments sometimes, taking a break to eat and sleep. I'd have to say that I really admire that he really gave it (our marriage) a good shot. I didn't appreciate it then and I wish I did."

Comments

• SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400

LMP was (stills is?) with the scientology church. Maybe she wanted him to join it as well, before she would have his baby and he refused.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• LMP was (stills is?) with the scientology church. Maybe she wanted him to join it as well, before she would have his baby and he refused.

I agree with you. He is a smart man, he did right now to join.

• LMP was (stills is?) with the scientology church. Maybe she wanted him to join it as well, before she would have his baby and he refused.

I seriously doubt that. If that were the case, she would've said that. With LM, you just never know I mean she knew that he wanted children BEFORE she'd married him. Why marry him if you knew that you weren't interested in having children with him, nor completely over your ex? I followed this "marriage" as it ran its course, LMP and her mother are opportunists who are always looking for relevancy. Pricilla (sp) was NEVER happy about their union and even once insinuated that MJ actually wanted something from her other than love. Also, she made a mockery of their marriage when she talked about it, and she never took a stand in his favor during the trial. I wasn't impressed wit her interview, and I certainly didn't believe much of what she'd said. She simply looked as if she's inundated with guilt because he's "gone" and she took the experience with him for granted.

I seriously doubt that. If that were the case, she would've said that. With LM, you just never know I mean she knew that he wanted children BEFORE she'd married him. Why marry him if you knew that you weren't interested in having children with him, nor completely over your ex?

You mean that if that were the case, she would have said that on Oprah..? Like: "I told him I would have his baby if he would join the scientology church"? Nah...

Especially because she knew upfront that Mike wanted children so badly, this would have been the perfect emotional blackmail to lure him into the scientology church. I think the scientology church would have been highly interested in having Michael Jackson, because that would have meant loads and loads of new members as his fans would have followed him there.

If it's true that he told her "If you're not gonna do it, Debbie says she'll do it" then I would fully understand that. That was a way to have children without getting involved with the scientology church. Mike is not an idiot, he knows very well that once you're involved with the scientology church there's no way out.

Emotionally blackmailing him to not have his baby unless he would join the scientology church sounds highly plausible.
  • chappiechappie Posts: 529
    What a sick world it is.
    Money is power.
    Not LOVE!
    Chappie

I seriously doubt that. If that were the case, she would've said that. With LM, you just never know I mean she knew that he wanted children BEFORE she'd married him. Why marry him if you knew that you weren't interested in having children with him, nor completely over your ex?

You mean that if that were the case, she would have said that on Oprah..? Like: "I told him I would have his baby if he would join the scientology church"? Nah...

Especially because she knew upfront that Mike wanted children so badly, this would have been the perfect emotional blackmail to lure him into the scientology church. I think the scientology church would have been highly interested in having Michael Jackson, because that would have meant loads and loads of new members as his fans would have followed him there.

If it's true that he told her "If you're not gonna do it, Debbie says she'll do it" then I would fully understand that. That was a way to have children without getting involved with the scientology church. Mike is not an idiot, he knows very well that once you're involved with the scientology church there's no way out.

Emotionally blackmailing him to not have his baby unless he would join the scientology church sounds highly plausible.

Ok, but how would she benefit from converting him? I know NOTHING about Scientology, is there a conversion ratio? She has been described as selfish and seems to care about how she comes across as well as her cred. I was thinking more along the lines of "He and I were in 2 totally different places. I belong to the church and he didn't. Having a child would've made matters more complex..." This is a difficult debate because we weren't there. MJ touched on it briefly with the Rabbi.

Ok, but how would she benefit from converting him? I know NOTHING about Scientology, is there a conversion ratio? She has been described as selfish and seems to care about how she comes across as well as her cred. I was thinking more along the lines of "He and I were in 2 totally different places. I belong to the church and he didn't. Having a child would've made matters more complex..." This is a difficult debate because we weren't there. MJ touched on it briefly with the Rabbi.

Since you said you know nothing about the scientology church I suggest you start doing some research. Here's a good post from Im_convincedmjalive to start with:
    <!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14844&p=250761#p249440<!-- l -->
  • cassicassi Posts: 175
    i know many may not agree, but i think those two were really in love. I also think that both of them were dominate. michael wanted to be boss, lisa marie wanted to be boss, and maybe they let their stubborness get in the way, neither one of them was going to give in first, and i think it cost them their marriage. i love michael ,but i know he's human like the rest of us. he has stated he wanted a baby so bad he would walk around with dolls, and maybe lisa wanted to have a baby when she wanted to (bullheaded), but not before she was ready to be pregnant, and give birth again. I have always had a love/hate relationship with lisa, but after her sincere oprah interview, i am back at love. i dont have the right to judge their relationship, because that was something between them, but i do think this was a real loving marriage, with 2 people who loved eachother, but neither one refused to be the first to back down (strong personalities)
  • GlindaGlinda Posts: 658
    <!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFBZ_uAbxS0<!-- m -->

They only help people <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

• They only help people <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

wonder if they get special training on how to talk alot and really say anything <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

i hope they help tom because he seems to be having trouble putting together a sentence <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->

ideally the thought behind converting someone would be that you want them to have this same thing that you have found because it is good and you believe it is the way to go.but when it is a cult the top dog is the one who benefits financially.

she did also suggest that she hesitated because she did not want to go toe to toe with him in a custody battle if it came down to it.
  • Personally, I grow a little weary of Lisa being constantly given a hard time by Michael's fans.

For one she WAS prepared to give him children but she wanted to make sure that the marriage was sound first..She wanted to make sure that she and Michael were on the same wave length and that clearly wasn't happening. She also mentioned that she did not want to go up against Michael in a custody battle and I can understand that.

I like Lisa very much and I always have..She is honest and tells it like it is..Debbie Rowe is also the same..I think Michael must have found that kind of quality attractive in women. Both of his wives are strong gutsy ladies and I admire them both.

Lisa did lash out in the past in various interviews about Michael but it is obvious why...She was angry and hurt.
    She admitted that and she regrets it and she is sorry.

You have to remember that when someone is operating at that level of celebrity like Michael and even Elvis Presley was it is sometimes too easy to lose touch with reality and the real world..And Michael had no idea about living in the real world as the 'Superstar' title had come to him at a very young age..Like Elvis, Michael had people at his beck and call and as Lisa rightly said it was either HIS WAY or the highway.

He probably did taunt her about Debbie and how she was willing to have his child..Lisa probably felt pressured. The thing is that we don't know how hard Michael was to live with..Lisa has admitted to being stubborn herself.

I don't think either of them had hidden agendas..I don't think Lisa wanted Michael to join Scientology and I don't believe that Michael wanted the Elvis catalogue either..I think they did love each other very much but it just went wrong..
  • I may take a little heat for this but here goes. I 100% agree with Cassi and GramsGirl. I really believe that Michael and Lisa were very much in love at the time of their marriage. I really don't think it is very fair on our part to be ripping her apart. She admitted in that interview that she was young and stubborn but so was Michael. With age comes wisdom (so the saying goes), and what I saw in the Oprah interview was a woman who has matured and since Michael's "death" she has come to realize just how much he meant to her. I also believe that she still loves him and in retrospect wishes that things had gone differently. She openly admitted that she was hurt and angry after the break up and did things to hurt Michael as he did to her. Having a baby with another woman is a very hurtful act in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I love Michael with all my heart but like was said in Cassi's post he is human. He is not perfect. So when I see all these posts bashing Lisa it makes me upset. Everyone seems to think that Michael can do no wrong. To me that is being very unrealistic. So to protect the image of perfection that everyone seems to have of him they have to bring someone else down. How can anyone be so judgemental when all people are going by is speculation? Hasn't anything been learned about not judging without facts? Bottom line is no one knows except Lisa and Michael what happened in that marriage. So to assume that she is solely at fault and a terrible person is wrong.

I hope this does not offend anyone because that was not the intent, just stating how I feel about this.

Love and Blessings
  • Personally, I grow a little weary of Lisa being constantly given a hard time by Michael's fans.

For one she WAS prepared to give him children but she wanted to make sure that the marriage was sound first..She wanted to make sure that she and Michael were on the same wave length and that clearly wasn't happening. She also mentioned that she did not want to go up against Michael in a custody battle and I can understand that.

I like Lisa very much and I always have..She is honest and tells it like it is..Debbie Rowe is also the same..I think Michael must have found that kind of quality attractive in women. Both of his wives are strong gutsy ladies and I admire them both.

Lisa did lash out in the past in various interviews about Michael but it is obvious why...She was angry and hurt.

You have to remember that when someone is operating at that level of celebrity like Michael and even Elvis Presley was it is sometimes too easy to lose touch with reality and the real world..And Michael had no idea about living in the real world as the 'Superstar' title had come to him at a very young age..Like Elvis, Michael had people at his beck and call and as Lisa rightly said it was either HIS WAY or the highway.

He probably did taunt her about Debbie and how she was willing to have his child..Lisa probably felt pressured. The thing is that we don't know how hard Michael was to live with..Lisa has admitted to being stubborn herself.

I don't think either of them had hidden agendas..I don't think Lisa wanted Michael to join Scientology and I don't believe that Michael wanted the Elvis catalogue either..I think they did love each other very much but it just went wrong..

Though I'm not an MJ fan I do want to reply to your post.

I personally do not have an opinion about Lisa Marie. I just observe, read, listen and watch. I don't know if she's telling the truth and only if you're a personal friend of her then you would know if she is indeed honest.

You wrote "For one she WAS prepared to give him children but she wanted to make sure that the marriage was sound first.", but we do not know for a fact if that was her actual 'condition'.

Her being with the scientology church shines a different light on the whole issue. Scientology church brainwashes people and therefor their members are under some sort of mind control. If you are familiar with mind control then you know that people who are under mind control do things they would not have done without being mind controlled. Therefor MJ joining the scientology church before she would have his baby could have been a realistic 'condition', even if she loved him.

In case this indeed would have been Lisa Marie's 'condition' for having children with Mike and she set that condition due to being mind controlled, then I'd say she can't be held accountable for it.

I don't know if they loved each other, it's non of my business and therefor I won't even go into that.
  • shelby61shelby61 Posts: 305
    I may take a little heat for this but here goes. I 100% agree with Cassi and GramsGirl. I really believe that Michael and Lisa were very much in love at the time of their marriage. I really don't think it is very fair on our part to be ripping her apart. She admitted in that interview that she was young and stubborn but so was Michael. With age comes wisdom (so the saying goes), and what I saw in the Oprah interview was a woman who has matured and since Michael's "death" she has come to realize just how much he meant to her. I also believe that she still loves him and in retrospect wishes that things had gone differently. She openly admitted that she was hurt and angry after the break up and did things to hurt Michael as he did to her. Having a baby with another woman is a very hurtful act in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I love Michael with all my heart but like was said in Cassi's post he is human. ... "

I agree with you. She already had children. She knew how upset her children were when she split from her first husband for MJ and she did not want to put another child or children through that again, she was mature and level-headed enough to make that decision. Michael on the other hand wanted to have a child with her and maybe more children. I think he said he wanted a big family. Maybe that just wasn't in the cards for LMP. We can't judge someone's actions based on what the media says. There may have been more to it. It is obvious that LM saw more about the day to day life with Michael that she wanted to make sure that it was the right decision. Eighteen months is not a long time to get to know someone especially making an important decision as to having a baby with them. We see that situation all the time in mainstream America - people having kids and then splitting up...etc. I think she truly had feelings for him and vice versa. We need to let them both heal. Isn't this all about LOVE, Healing, Compassion and Peace??

I seriously doubt that. If that were the case, she would've said that. With LM, you just never know I mean she knew that he wanted children BEFORE she'd married him. Why marry him if you knew that you weren't interested in having children with him, nor completely over your ex? I followed this "marriage" as it ran its course, LMP and her mother are opportunists who are always looking for relevancy. Pricilla (sp) was NEVER happy about their union and even once insinuated that MJ actually wanted something from her other than love. Also, she made a mockery of their marriage when she talked about it, and she never took a stand in his favor during the trial. I wasn't impressed wit her interview, and I certainly didn't believe much of what she'd said. She simply looked as if she's inundated with guilt because he's "gone" and she took the experience with him for granted.

firstly
    she is still with the scientology church.
    secondly
    i also did not belive much of the inteview i don't think she loved michael and i think it was pricilla tat got her to go wit him for the church.I was reading Hello Magazien and they had interveiw with LMP it was a week after mikes 'death' she said she cried so so so hard i just can't belive tat she didn't love him when they were together y only when he 'dies' she loves him to bits
  • I may take a little heat for this but here goes. I 100% agree with Cassi and GramsGirl. I really believe that Michael and Lisa were very much in love at the time of their marriage. I really don't think it is very fair on our part to be ripping her apart. She admitted in that interview that she was young and stubborn but so was Michael. With age comes wisdom (so the saying goes), and what I saw in the Oprah interview was a woman who has matured and since Michael's "death" she has come to realize just how much he meant to her. I also believe that she still loves him and in retrospect wishes that things had gone differently. She openly admitted that she was hurt and angry after the break up and did things to hurt Michael as he did to her. Having a baby with another woman is a very hurtful act in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I love Michael with all my heart but like was said in Cassi's post he is human. He is not perfect. So when I see all these posts bashing Lisa it makes me upset. Everyone seems to think that Michael can do no wrong. To me that is being very unrealistic. So to protect the image of perfection that everyone seems to have of him they have to bring someone else down. How can anyone be so judgemental when all people are going by is speculation? Hasn't anything been learned about not judging without facts? Bottom line is no one knows except Lisa and Michael what happened in that marriage. So to assume that she is solely at fault and a terrible person is wrong.

I hope this does not offend anyone because that was not the intent, just stating how I feel about this.

Love and Blessings

I always say it takes 2 to tango. They were both at fault. Nobody mellow out and so this what happens. But I also know about scientology, once you have a child both parents have to be in the same sciencetology church. This is what Michael did not want to do.
    Blessings
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    Scientology is a dangerous cult. I am still not understanding how people can fall in to the Xenu story as something to believe in.
    I posted loooooong ago a warning info about that cult as well, but I believe it was at the other forum (and here also?) and, as well, went unnoticed.

That sect seems to be very powerful and having famous people as role models is not a good sign. Some people looks up at them and follow the example.

It was said that MJ joined scientology, but I never found any proof about it. It were just rumors.

If LMP broke free from it, I am very happy for her.

ok wait a minute <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> the estate still has control of elvis catalog <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> i though michael had that included in what he owned .what are the details of all that? sorry but i got to the movie late here <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • maybe what they had was alot of empathy and passion for one another. which perhaps makes for either a great friendship or hot affair but not so good a marriage <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • Scientology is a dangerous cult. I am still not understanding how people can fall in to the Xenu story as something to believe in.
    I posted loooooong ago a warning info about that cult as well, but I believe it was at the other forum (and here also?) and, as well, went unnoticed.

That sect seems to be very powerful and having famous people as role models is not a good sign. Some people looks up at them and follow the example.

It was said that MJ joined scientology, but I never found any proof about it. It were just rumors.

If LMP broke free from it, I am very happy for her.

i agree scientology is very very very dangerous.I would be very happy for her if she broke free from it but unfortanly shes still part of it <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • i know many may not agree, but i think those two were really in love. I also think that both of them were dominate. michael wanted to be boss, lisa marie wanted to be boss, and maybe they let their stubborness get in the way, neither one of them was going to give in first, and i think it cost them their marriage. i love michael ,but i know he's human like the rest of us. he has stated he wanted a baby so bad he would walk around with dolls, and maybe lisa wanted to have a baby when she wanted to (bullheaded), but not before she was ready to be pregnant, and give birth again. I have always had a love/hate relationship with lisa, but after her sincere oprah interview, i am back at love. i dont have the right to judge their relationship, because that was something between them, but i do think this was a real loving marriage, with 2 people who loved eachother, but neither one refused to be the first to back down (strong personalities)

2nd that. You know sometimes things are just as simple as that (or as complicated as in this case) with no need for further questioning in order to have things to speculate about, even in the case of MJ and LMP.
  • PinkTopazPinkTopaz Posts: 1,013
    Personally, I grow a little weary of Lisa being constantly given a hard time by Michael's fans.

Though I'm not an MJ fan I do want to reply to your post.

I personally do not have an opinion about Lisa Marie. I just observe, read, listen and watch. I don't know if she's telling the truth and only if you're a personal friend of her then you would know if she is indeed honest.

You wrote "For one she WAS prepared to give him children but she wanted to make sure that the marriage was sound first.", but we do not know for a fact if that was her actual 'condition'.

Her being with the scientology church shines a different light on the whole issue. Scientology church brainwashes people and therefor their members are under some sort of mind control. If you are familiar with mind control then you know that people who are under mind control do things they would not have done without being mind controlled. Therefor MJ joining the scientology church before she would have his baby could have been a realistic 'condition', even if she loved him.

In case this indeed would have been Lisa Marie's 'condition' for having children with Mike and she set that condition due to being mind controlled, then I'd say she can't be held accountable for it.

I don't know if they loved each other, it's non of my business and therefor I won't even go into that.
    That's very, very depressing.. kind of like if only it weren't for the existence of that cult, they would have been fine..I wonder if it makes him angry..
  • anewfananewfan Posts: 1,125
    I have often wondered if the reason she didn't have a child with MJ was because he had told her of his plans to hoax his death. In her blog, the day after he died, she said that they had talked about her father's death and that MJ feared he would end up the same as her father. ("The scenario", I believe she called it.) Do you think it's a possibility that she just simply did not want her child to go through what she went through as a child?