Joe Jackson: Why I'm Suing Murray for $500 Mil

pillekelillepillekelille Posts: 74
edited January 1970 in News
Joe Jackson: Why I'm Suing Murray for $500 Mil
9 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Joe Jackson is now revealing why he put a $500 million price tag on his wrongful death lawsuit against Dr. Conrad Murray. His theory -- "The more you go, the less you get ... so I went high."

102110-joe-jackson-video-credit.jpg
Play video: <!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=true ... f39d77a17e<!-- m -->

During Joe's interview with GOOM Radio -- in which sported some severely oversized MJ bling -- he said Dr. Murray was just "the fall guy" ... and that a lot of other people were to blame for his son's death.

Joe also took issue with our story that he was following Oprah Winfrey around like a puppy dog during her sit-down interview with the Jackson family earlier this month ... but you'll have to watch the video for the lowdown.

See also
Joe Jackson Blings MJ Back from the Dead
Joe Jackson -- I Want Half a Billion Bucks
Joe Jackson's Wrongful Death Lawsuit

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/10/22/joe-jacks ... interview/<!-- m -->

Comments

• Sorry, I don't know how to add pics so heres the adress : <!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/10/22/joe-jacks ... interview/<!-- m -->
  • JukeBoxJukeBox Posts: 378
    His theory -- "The more you go, the less you get ... so I went high."

huh? am i dumb or does this theory not make sense?
  • willddoMJwillddoMJ Posts: 699
    His theory -- "The more you go, the less you get ... so I went high."

huh? am i dumb or does this theory not make sense?

that where the research comes in <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

btw i'm instead know who other guys are he mentioned.
  • ForstAMoonForstAMoon Posts: 1,126
    and Joe just reveals his court case strategy in a radio interview just like that... sure, smart move, great strategy Joe <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

• On suing Murray:
    Host: And you are suing doctor Conrad Murray for half a billion dollars.
    Joe:Well doctor Conrad Murray is being sued, but doctor Conrad Murray is the fall guy...there's a lot of other guys, there's a lot of other guys.
    Host: You pointed out AEG, is that correct?
    Joe: There's a lot of other guys that's involved.
    Host: Okay, but half a billion dollars..?
    Joe: The more you go, the less you get, so...
    Host: That's true.
    Joe: I went high.
    Host: What would have...if Michael was alive right now, what would he be saying about your actions?
    Joe: Well, if he was alive right now there wouldn't be all this going on, you know.
    Host: Sueing doctor Conrad Murray for 500 billion dollars? Eh I mean 500 million, my bad.
    Joe: Nothing wrong with that. He's my son, I'm only after justice, and in order to have justice you have to fight for it. This is the right thing to do because like I just said: Conrad Murray is just the fall guy, there's a lot of other guys behind it.
    Host: Like who?
    Joe: I'm not gonna call names, I'm smart enough, I'm smart enough to not call their names right now. But you'll see in...later on you'll see what going on.

On Oprah:
    Joe: No she was following me, she was grabbin' me and hugging me, I wasn't following her but you know, she's a start and I had to recognize her as the star you know...she's a big star.
    Host: Yeah but she's in your house!
    Joe: That's alright, a lot of stars come to my place.
    Host: Yeah but she's in your house, and you're in charge.
    Joe: Well she's not the only one you know.

[hr:388zdrmk]hr[/hr:388zdrmk]

So...Joe's being very blunt here, pointing out twice that Conrad Murray is the fall guy, and that there are a lot of people behind it, but when the host points out AEG, Joe is not directly answering the question but says: "There's a lot of other guys that's involved".

We haven't heard anything from the justice department nor from Conny's defense team about other guys being involved, so I'd very much like to see them taking this to the next level!
  • shelby61shelby61 Posts: 305
    It is quite obvious that TMZ is watching this site lol... I posted this story yesterday -- I mean they are the ones that had the link, why didn't they use that as a story as opposed to the confusing headliner yesterday lol -- oh well.... Joe says "she is not the only one, you know". I wonder what other stars are at his house lol....

He also refers to the Encino compound as his place. I thought he lived in Las Vegas. He also said he has a pocket full of rumours (during the radio interview). So again, what is true and what isn't true that has been told to the general masses by the media? It is obvious that they are keeping tabs on those rumours though lol.
  • angelshadowangelshadow Posts: 8,257
    It is quite obvious that TMZ is watching this site lol... I posted this story yesterday -- I mean they are the ones that had the link, why didn't they use that as a story as opposed to the confusing headliner yesterday lol -- oh well.... Joe says "she is not the only one, you know". I wonder what other stars are at his house lol....

I agree with you!!!Clearly, someone saw this forum .... .Joe confuses me sometimes again .... as usual <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    If now Joe does not speak directly about AEG <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> .. what me pleases Joe is that always this one smiling and calmly when he speaks about the "death" of his son. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • angelshadowangelshadow Posts: 8,257
    If now Joe does not speak directly about AEG <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> .. what me pleases Joe is that always this one smiling and calmly when he speaks about the "death" of his son. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

This is very striking!!! <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    "The more you go, the less you get ...

And then, the one who has?, Murray, not this one broken? <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • cin_pytcin_pyt Posts: 632
    by his actions and references to money MJ still with us. Now, oh there are a lot of ppl involved, I can't say names, seriously everyone knows but no one says nothing plz! If there was really something like that if they can grant interviews to Oprah, CNN etc they can open their mouths and finally say those names. To me the director MJ is building up suspense like LMP she knows, Toya knows, Papa Joe he knows, Jermaine knows, ooh my we feel so left out Mike we don't know! Everyone wants to know the secret as I refer to BACKs posts Keep Watchin!!!
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    What I get from this interview is that "the family" i.e Joe Jackson, could not sue people who harmed Michael in the past because MJ was "alive" and may be did not want more trouble.
    Joe always said that the accusations towards his son was a conspiracy set up to destroy him.
    I believe that Joe worked hard to have his children safe and sound and with food on the table, and having people harming them should have felt like a big failure for him as a father.

When MJ was alive "an intervention" was not possible. Looks like he keept closing the door to his family when they tried to help him (LMP also made a comment about this in ther last interview).
    Now that MJ is "dead" the family is demanding justice. As Joe said "he is my son and I want justice".
    "Joe also took issue with our story that he was following Oprah Winfrey around like a puppy dog during her sit-down interview with the Jackson family earlier this month ... but you'll have to watch the video for the lowdown."

Harvey can see that video it but prompt possible?. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • PinkTopazPinkTopaz Posts: 1,013

On suing Murray:
    Host: And you are suing doctor Conrad Murray for half a billion dollars.
    Joe:Well doctor Conrad Murray is being sued, but doctor Conrad Murray is the fall guy...there's a lot of other guys, there's a lot of other guys.
    Host: You pointed out AEG, is that correct?
    Joe: There's a lot of other guys that's involved.
    Host: Okay, but half a billion dollars..?
    Joe: The more you go, the less you get, so...
    Host: That's true.
    Joe: I went high.
    Host: What would have...if Michael was alive right now, what would he be saying about your actions?
    Joe: Well, if he was alive right now there wouldn't be all this going on, you know.
    Host: Sueing doctor Conrad Murray for 500 billion dollars? Eh I mean 500 million, my bad.
    Joe: Nothing wrong with that. He's my son, I'm only after justice, and in order to have justice you have to fight for it. This is the right thing to do because like I just said: Conrad Murray is just the fall guy, there's a lot of other guys behind it.
    Joe: I'm not gonna call names, I'm smart enough, I'm smart enough to not call their names right now. But you'll see in...later on you'll see what going on.

On Oprah:
    Joe: No she was following me, she was grabbin' me and hugging me, I wasn't following her but you know, she's a start and I had to recognize her as the star you know...she's a big star.
    Host: Yeah but she's in your house!
    Joe: That's alright, a lot of stars come to my place.
    Host: Yeah but she's in your house, and you're in charge.
    Joe: Well she's not the only one you know.

[hr:of4fhf32]hr[/hr:of4fhf32]

So...Joe's being very blunt here, pointing out twice that Conrad Murray is the fall guy, and that there are a lot of people behind it, but when the host points out AEG, Joe is not directly answering the question but says: "There's a lot of other guys that's involved".

We haven't heard anything from the justice department nor from Conny's defense team about other guys being involved, so I'd very much like to see them taking this to the next level!
    What does the Oprah part have to do with it?
  • GINAFELICIAGINAFELICIA Posts: 6,506
    Go Big Or Go Home <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    I like this <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    "..if Michael was alive right now, what would he be saying about your actions?"

<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Michael <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> ? What would you say?
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

I find the question very improper...you don't ask that to someone who lost his son...no?
    And Joe's answer is quite funny.....and true.

Suing Murray the fall guy for $500 Mil seems very improper too....is it a kind of "warning" for the real criminals...?

I think that names can't be given now because things are still under process. Some people should be scared....
    True Sarahli $ 500,000 may be somewhat symbolic, .. what comes is a big thing <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    $500 Mil is soooo ridiculously high that is what makes all of this even funnier.

MJ was sued with astronomical numbers... <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> ...even for a normal hourly job he needed to pay astronomical ciphers.... <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> ..Meet Mrs Michael Jackson the golden eggs machine...
  • $500 Mil is soooo ridiculously high that is what makes all of this even funnier.

MJ was sued with astronomical numbers... <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> ...even for a normal hourly job he needed to pay astronomical ciphers.... <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> ..Meet Mrs Michael Jackson the golden eggs machine...

Astronomical for sure! Did you see this claim filed against the estate?

04/22/2010 Creditor's Claim ($1,109,000,503,600.00 )
    Filed by Claimant

That's a one trillion dollar claim! Almost as big as the federal deficit! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> This claim is ridiculous! No wonder the superior court website has a "disclaimer" stating they are not responsible for the information made available online on their website and they do not claim it to be accurate or factual. Apparently, Mike has someone posting info under his "case" on the website.

Teddy Riley tweeted the other day that the "truth will come to light. Michael is BIGGER than all involved." OBVIOUSLY! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    $1,109,000,503,600.00 <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • $1,109,000,503,600.00 <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

And all these numbers add up to 25! 2+5=7 <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> Mike's a funny, funny guy!
    I also checked that <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> and was thinking..."it can´t be" "it can´t beeeee" <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    $500 Mil is soooo ridiculously high that is what makes all of this even funnier.

Yes it is so ridiculous that nobody dares to talk about it. I mean that it doesn't make much noise in the media....does it mean that they smell something?

Yes it is so ridiculous that nobody dares to talk about it. I mean that it doesn't make much noise in the media....does it mean that they smell something?
    It's about time they smell something....I wonder what takes them so long....maybe they didn't receive the cue yet?