Joe Jackson -- Stay Out of Your Son's Estate

dejavudejavu Posts: 330
edited January 1970 in News
Joe Jackson -- Stay Out of Your Son's Estate
10/26/2010 12:20 PM PDT by TMZ Staff

Joe Jackson's days of meddling in his son's finances are officially over -- the California Court of Appeal has ruled that Joe has no right to intervene in Michael Jackson's estate.

1026-joe-mj-bn-getty-01.jpg

Joe had been fighting to have a say in how MJ's estate is administered -- despite the fact that he was excluded from the will Michael signed in 2002.

But today, a panel of judges reinforced the decision the probate court made back in November -- that Joe lacked the proper standing.

Just how Michael would've wanted it.

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/10/26/joe-jacks ... alifornia/<!-- m -->

Comments

• Joe facial expression: "Oh no you didn't"
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    Joe facial expression: "Oh no you didn't"
    And Michael trying not to laugh...
  • Just how Michael would have wanted it... Oh really, TMZ? And how do you know that? <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • I just had a thought about what may be going on here ( which has no doubt been brought up before now)...so here goes:

On one of the Hoax Front Lines (notice my military allusion there!), Michael is having his father file ridiculous lawsuit after ridiculous lawsuit, knowing that they will certainly get the FULL AND UNDIVIDED NEGATIVE ATTENTION of the SchMedia. WHY, you say? In order to point out ITS VERY EXISTENCE!!!

And to take it even further, let us not forgot the concept of "DISTRACTION" in this....while Mike has his Dad doing one thing quite publicly, he's got his Mom doing another, LMP pops in all of a sudden...and hey! it looks like even OPRAH HERSELF got a part too!...this rotation gives the other players a break...sort of like a PLAY with many acts....Jermaine was heavily featured in the early acts, but gets a breather for a bit, see?....so much activity, so much buzz buzz buzz....while we're all looking over their way, what is going on underneath it all?...quietly simmering?....why yes! it's the freakin' BAM...slowly bubbling forth....piece by freakin' piece!
  • There's also this article (I merged this post with the TMZ article so we can keep it all in one thread):

By ANTHONY McCARTNEY, AP Entertainment Writer Anthony Mccartney, Ap Entertainment Writer – 1 min ago

LOS ANGELES – A California appeals court rejected a bid Tuesday by Michael Jackson's father to challenge the administration of his son's lucrative estate.

A three justice panel of the California Second District Court of Appeal unanimously affirmed a probate judge's ruling that Joe Jackson didn't have standing to intervene in his son's estate.

A copy of the opinion was not immediately available.

Despite being excluded from his son's 2002 will, Joe Jackson had been seeking a say in the financial affairs.

The appeals court heard arguments in the case on Oct. 6. The panel questioned several steps taken by Joe Jackson in the case, including withdrawing his request for a monthly stipend.

The panel also questioned why his attorney, Brian Oxman, didn't mention during a lengthy hearing in November that he might file a wrongful death lawsuit.

A phone message for Oxman was not immediately returned.

Michael Jackson's estate has earned tens of millions of dollars since the singer's death in June 2009 at age 50 in Los Angeles.

Last June, Joe Jackson sued Dr. Conrad Murray, the physician charged with involuntary manslaughter in Michael Jackson's death.

<!-- m -->http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101026/ap_ ... son_estate<!-- m -->
  • I just had a thought about what may be going on here ( which has no doubt been brought up before now)...so here goes:

On one of the Hoax Front Lines (notice my military allusion there!), Michael is having his father file ridiculous lawsuit after ridiculous lawsuit, knowing that they will certainly get the FULL AND UNDIVIDED NEGATIVE ATTENTION of the SchMedia. WHY, you say? In order to point out ITS VERY EXISTENCE!!!

And to take it even further, let us not forgot the concept of "DISTRACTION" in this....while Mike has his Dad doing one thing quite publicly, he's got his Mom doing another, LMP pops in all of a sudden...and hey! it looks like even OPRAH HERSELF got a part too!...this rotation gives the other players a break...sort of like a PLAY with many acts....Jermaine was heavily featured in the early acts, but gets a breather for a bit, see?....so much activity, so much buzz buzz buzz....while we're all looking over their way, what is going on underneath it all?...quietly simmering?....why yes! it's the freakin' BAM...slowly bubbling forth....piece by freakin' piece!

I like the way you think! <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    At that laughing Michael?.. of the decision of the judge or of the false testament? <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • ijcslyijcsly Posts: 128
    mathew 10:26

So do not be afraid of them. There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known

II) [Heb 10:26 NAS]:

(v. 26 NAS) "If we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth [of the gospel of salvation through faith alone in the once for all time sacrifice of Christ for sins, (v. 10)], there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins

verse 26 begins the warning of severe consequences if a Hebrew believer, (or any believer), deliberately rejects what he has already accepted
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400

Mike's expression: "Oh yes I did!!"

LMAO, brilliant picture again. But I would love to hear how Murray's hearing was today about the fluid samples. Why aren't they reporting on that?

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• Joe facial expression: "Oh no you didn't"

LMAO, brilliant picture again. But I would love to hear how Murray's hearing was today about the fluid samples. Why aren't they reporting on that?
    <!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=48&t=15150&p=252746#p252746<!-- l -->

I like the way you think! <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
    And, so do I!!!!
    Joe was excluded on the fake will of 2002, ... and now Michael manages its finances. <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400

<!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=48&t=15150&p=252746#p252746<!-- l -->

No, I mean this hearing:
    MICHAEL JACKSON'S DOC ON TRIAL
    Beth Stewart

Michael Jackson’s doctor, Conrad Murray, has had his pre-trial for the manslaughter charge against Jackson set for January 2011.
    The pre-trial hearing for Michael Jackson's former personal physician Dr Conrad Murray has been set for January 4, 2011 and parents Joseph and Katherine Jackson were in the Los Angeles courtroom to hear it.

The pre-trial hearing for Michael Jackson's former personal physician Dr Conrad Murray has been set for January 4, 2011 and parents Joseph and Katherine Jackson were in the Los Angeles courtroom to hear it.

conrad-murray-trial.jpg

Sources close to the doc tell TMZ that Dr Murray’s "not at all upset" with the people who were calling him a "murderer" on the way out of court.

Michael Jackson’s doctor’s pre-trial hearing has been delayed due to witness availability and the ongoing investigation. Murray pleaded not guilty to charges of involuntary manslaughter. He was released on $75,000 bail. Murray will be back in court on October 26 for a status hearing.

The King of Pop died June 25, 2009 from cardiac arrest. On August 28, 2009 the LA coroner declared Jackson’s death a homicide caused by the drugs found in his body, one of them propofol, an intravenously administered drug usually used in hospital settings. Murray has claimed that he was trying to get Jackson off his use of propofol.

The Post Chronicle said that fans are planning to protest the day of the hearing. We all want to know the truth about what happened to our beloved Jackson and the extent of Murray’s involvement.

<!-- m -->http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/a ... l-date-set<!-- m -->

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Harvey, what happened to that audience? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • I got many kicks and giggles out of that photo. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    And thank the Lord Joe is finally out of Michael's buisness because in my own opinion Joe is just a greedy, selfish old man.
  • MFFreedomMFFreedom Posts: 273
    GREAT picture of Michael in that story! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> It gives me the feeling of MJ laughing from somewhere hidden. Like in candid camera <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    Is that a security guards image reflecting on MJ's glasses or Dr Conrad Murray??? <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o -->
  • GINAFELICIAGINAFELICIA Posts: 6,506
    I like the photos <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
    Joe-stay out of your's son's estate because this is the way Michael wants it <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    Why is TMZ telling Joe what to do, and what Michael would want? <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

I would also like to hear about the hearing yesterday. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • cin_pytcin_pyt Posts: 632
    MJ runs TMZ he's like stop Joseph haha. Mike looks like he's about to burst out laughing you naughty man!