Dr. Sandeep Kapoor acquitted on all charges...

SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
edited January 1970 in News
...in the Anna Nicole Smith case. Just in, livestream on TMZ: <!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/10/28/anna-nico ... onference/<!-- m -->

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Comments

• AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    I'm watching TMZ Live and Harvey was just talking about this and how they went after Dr. Kapoor with a vengeance and were trying to ruin him or destroy him or something...made me think of someone else obviously.
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    Anna Nicole Doc -- Cleared in Drug Case
    4 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Anna Nicole Smith's personal physician -- Dr. Sandeep Kapoor -- was just acquitted on charges of illegally funneling prescription meds to the deceased reality star.

0927-ans-group-bn-tmz-01-credit.jpg

Kapoor faced 6 criminal counts -- including a pair of conspiracy charges.

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/10/15/anna-nico ... roshevich/<!-- m -->

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• hmmm, not surprised

Murray, next? I hope so...
  • BreakingNews
    Update: Jury convicts Anna Nicole Smith's psychiatrist Khristine Eroshevich of conspiracy - AP
    5 minutes ago via breakingnews.com
    BreakingNews
    Update: Jury convicts Anna Nicole Smith's boyfriend Howard K. Stern of conspiracy - AP
    3 minutes ago via breakingnews.com
  • Howard K. Stern -- Guilty of Conspiracy
    7 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Howard K. Stern was just found guilty on 2 counts of conspiracy to funnel prescription drugs to Anna Nicole Smith.

1028-howard-k-stern-getty-bn-credit.jpg

Stern was acquitted of seven other charges involving Smith.

Stern is free pending an appeal.

Stern was stone-faced in court when the verdicts were read.

Stern is due back in court January 6 for sentencing.

Story developing...

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/10/28/howard-k- ... ole-smith/<!-- m -->

[hr:32juk6e7]hr[/hr:32juk6e7]

Dr. Khristine Eroshevich -- Guilty of Conspiracy
    10 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Dr. Khristine Eroshevich was just found guilty of conspiracy for funneling prescription drugs to Anna Nicole Smith.

1028-dr-khristine-eroshevich-getty-bn-credit.jpg

Story developing...

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/10/28/dr-khrist ... drug-case/<!-- m -->
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    The boyfriend? so sad <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
  • The boyfriend? so sad <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->

It is so sad. None of this will bring Anna Nicole back either, so there really are no winners. The stress and sadness over the last few years can be seen in Howard's face. It's so unfortunate all the way around and they will be in my prayers.
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    Would this suggest that AEG, Phillip Ashultz, John Branca, etc could be charged with conspiracy as well, if it is proved that they were responsible for hiring Murray and in suggesting Murray must supply MJ with drugs so he can make it to the rehearsals??????

See where I'm headed with this????
  • nefarinefari Posts: 1,227
    This is all creeping me out honestly. They just mentioned Michael on TV while they were talking about Anna Nicole and said something to the effect of we would see similar things happening in the Michael Jackson case coming up.
  • Howard K. Stern Guilty Of Conspiracy In Anna Nicole Smith Case
    28 October 2010

The longtime companion of tragic Anna Nicole Smith has been found guilty of helping to funnel prescription medications to the former Playboy Playmate. After 58-hours of deliberation the jury convicted Howard K. Stern, 41, on two counts of conspiracy for allegedly fueling the starlet’s raging prescription drug problem that ultimately killed her. Stern was acquitted of seven other charges.

Outside the court, Stern made a brief statement, saying: “Everything related to the appropriateness of the medication, I was acquitted of.”

Psychiatrist Khristine Eroshevich was convicted of four criminal counts, including two conspiracy charges. Another doctor, Dr. Sandeep Kapoor, was acquitted of all charges. Asked outside the courthouse for his reaction to the verdicts, Kapoor said: “It’s surreal. It’s overwhelming. It gives me a sense of purpose and I’m anxious to get back to work.”

Kapoor also said the verdicts against Stern and Eroshevich were really ‘a victory for them too,’ saying the counts pertained only to their use of different names on prescriptions to protect Smith’s privacy. “The emotional toll of the trial is unbelievable, and I don’t know how I got the strength.”

Prosecutors argued during the trial that Stern and the two doctors worked together to keep Smith well-supplied with ample amounts of prescription medications. The six-man, six-woman jury reached the verdict on its 13th day of deliberations. Stern, Kapoor and Eroshevic were not charged with Smith’s Feb. 8, 2007, accidental drug overdose death in Florida at age 39.

Smith’s former lawyer boyfriend, Howard K. Stern, and doctors Sandeep Kapoor and Khristine Eroshevich were accused of illegally providing drugs to Smith. They all pleaded not guilty to the drug conspiracy charges. Stern will appear back in court on January 6th for sentencing. He faces a maximum of three years behind bars.
    http://www.splashnewsonline.com/2010-10-28/howard-k-stern-guilty-of-conspiracy-in-anna-nicole-smith-case/
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    If 2good2btrue according to what Joe said that it was they who hired Murray, but and John Branca? <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->
    I believe there are many who wanted MJ "HAPPY" . He was their paypacket. "Keep him drugged with uppers and downers, as long as he shows up for rehearsals." No respect for humankind. A totally inhumane approach. That's why the family are sueing AEG...they hired Murray, (this is just my opinion) although I'm still not sure if Michael was an actual drug addict...I'm still not convinced about that. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

All those that conspired to keep him supplied with drugs, will be charged with conspiracy to committ murder.....that's just my opinion again. That's why the family keep saying there is more, but we can't say anything........this process unfortunately can take a while. I don't believe Michael can come back before this happens...
    <!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQa2qrYNSlk<!-- m -->
    [youtube:5v8547vw]
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    Would this suggest that AEG, Phillip Ashultz, John Branca, etc could be charged with conspiracy as well, if it is proved that they were responsible for hiring Murray and in suggesting Murray must supply MJ with drugs so he can make it to the rehearsals??????

There is one big difference you seem to overlook...Mike is not dead.

• _Anna__Anna_ Posts: 1,739
    If a doctor who is accused of prescribing meds can be acquited (and Anna Nicole Smith is dead) then how the acquital of Murray will ever prove it's a wrap? He could very well commit that and be acquited.
    I really don't understand how is that possible. If you, as physician, prescribe drugs to a patient, and the patient dies because of those drugs, and you are acquited of all charges, then where on earth is the justice? you can go sedating and killing people and then be acquited and that's all?
  • _Anna__Anna_ Posts: 1,739
    hmmm, not surprised

Murray, next? I hope so...
    and this, in your opinion, will prove anything? Ana Nicole Smith is dead and the doctor is acquited.

There is one big difference you seem to overlook...Mike is not dead.

I realise he is not dead, but to the general public he still is.! This is based on that assumption only. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Her boyfriend was charged with conspiracy because he used his name and other names to get the drugs for Anna Nicole Smith ...so does that mean that Arnold Klein will be charged as well for this similar situation??? Didn't he use alias names on the scripts...
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    following that rule, Murray is not going to be guilty and more people will be guilty but we don´t know yet who the others are.

I don´t want to think that MJ was being poisoned or drugged intentionall by someone but it could have been the scenario. Michael could have been awared of it and played dead in order to prove his point.

Goes in circles. The forum is full of investigations, the blogs reflects many sides of situations happening in MJ´s life and poisons and drugs have been discussed and disected enough to see some points and connect the dots.

Michael is alive, but he could have been dead by conspiracy.
  • Snoopy71Snoopy71 Posts: 952
    Over and over there is mention of some "handlers" for Michael over the years. "The people around Michael" that he was sometimes afraid of and the mention by Michael himself of "someone wanting him dead". If you parallel the two cases, it would seem that Murray would surely be acquitted and these "handlers" would be prosecuted. Now who those handlers are can vary greatly depending on the investigation. Perhaps the media is implicating AEG, Phillip Ashultz, John Branca, etc in order the detract from who the "real handlers" are that are under investigation. Or maybe they don't know or are being fed false information. Maybe Michael had to play "possum"(dead) in order to get free of these people and for them to be prosecuted. I could see where a doctor would not be found guilty- if he is writing a prescription for a patient based on his condition, he is just supplying the initial medication. If "handlers" go behind the doctor and take that prescription information and get MORE meds under assumed names to give to the patient and keep him drugged up, then that would not be the fault of the original physician. If Michael and Murray were working together, Murray could easily induce a "sleep" (which is what propofol does) to make it appear that Michael had died, and make the "handlers" believe he has died also. They could have been supplying Michael with drugs (which he was pretending to take) in order to give the illusion of being drugged up.

I think the verdicts in this case are VERY relevant to what's going on with the Murray case. It's sad Anna couldn't have been saved, but I think this is going to set an example as to what's really going on with these abuses of prescription medication.