Justin Bieber Clarifies Michael Jackson Comment ...

mac5kmac5k Posts: 338
edited January 1970 in General Hoax Investigation
Justin Bieber Clarifies Michael Jackson Comment At American Music Awards 2010

Last night...

Justin Bieber has clarified comments he made about Michael Jackson at the American Music Awards (AMAs) last night (November 21).

The 16-year-old star, who dominated the event in Los Angeles, referred to the late King Of Pop during his acceptance speech.

"Without Michael Jackson, none of us would be here,” he said, drawing a confused response from the crowd.

When asked afterwards by MTV News what he meant by the statement, Bieber replied: "You know, I said, 'Without Michael we wouldn't have been here’, but we would be here, but music wouldn't be the same.”

He added: "I want to clarify that you'd still be born. Michael's not your dad or anything. You'd still be here. He's not your father."

Bieber won four awards at last night’s ceremony in Los Angeles, including the prize for Artist Of The Year.

Comments

• MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    "I want to clarify that you'd still be born. Michael's not your dad or anything. You'd still be here. He's not your father."

Uh?? <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->
  • I didn't even watch the AMAs, but I understood exactly what Justin meant after reading it on here. What I don't understand, is why so many people in the crowd (many of whom are in the music biz) would not have understood that.

As for the clarification, he may have just been caught off guard when asked that, so he just explained that Michael isn't everyone's father. I guess he could have gone into more details in his clarification, but he is only 16, and maybe he was a little nervous. Or maybe he was confused about the need to clarify what he meant since it is obvious that these artists wouldn't be where they are today without Michael revolutionizing pop music.

I don't follow Justin's music, but he seems like a talented young man with a good head on his shoulders. I am happy for him.
  • Edit - Justin is adorable!
  • I was trying to embed the video of Justin, but clearly I don't know how to do it -- apologies!
  • I didnt want to watch the AMA'S either but i turned it on minutes before Justin won and accepted his Pop/Rock best male artist award

I LOVED the comment he made. I agree!!! I think it is very right to say that alot of the singers today wouldnt be here (as in in-music/the industry) if it wasnt for Michael. God people are stupid to not understand he meant that. What is wrong with them?
  • trublutrublu Posts: 1,011
    Bless him! I totally got what he meant when he said it.
  • I like how he responded to his "critics" . "They" got so mad because he mentioned Michael, huh so "they" had to make up some story that "they" didn't "understand" what Justin was saying. B.S. And who is they anyway? Justin's response seemed tongue in cheek, "I didn't mean he's your father" LOL. He'll need a lot of protection in this industry because it sounds as if he might not take the BS. He fights back and is sarcastic. Good for him. I'm liking him more and more everyday. I'm sure Michael is schooling him <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • I was trying to embed the video of Justin, but clearly I don't know how to do it -- apologies!

So funny - at least you tried! I just don't try because I'd have the same problem. I applaud you <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

As for Justin - I understood exactly what he meant last night. I can't believe people were confused. They should have known and agreed - because what he said is true. Blessings.
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    [youtube:apnwn10g]
    Just realized there's a double thread.
    <!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=59&t=15925<!-- l -->
  • WOW...seriously? I thought it was pretty obvious what JB was referring to <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> Who would assume MIke is his dad from "Without MIchael Jackson none of us would be here"?
  • WOW...seriously? I thought it was pretty obvious what JB was referring to <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> Who would assume MIke is his dad from "Without MIchael Jackson none of us would be here"?

I know right?!...Michael is EVERYBODY'S daddy!!! LOL

I know right?!...Michael is EVERYBODY'S daddy!!! LOL
    Who's your daddy??!!??! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> it reminds me of a perv. song <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->
  • MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    WOW...seriously? I thought it was pretty obvious what JB was referring to <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> Who would assume MIke is his dad from "Without MIchael Jackson none of us would be here"?

I know right?
  • shelby61shelby61 Posts: 305
    I don't know if anyone was watching the American Music Awards last night, but I was flicking back and forth. I listened to some of the tunes the artists were performing and the ones that I did hear (Katy Perry, JB, Diddy, Bon Jovi to name a few, they seemed to have sang songs that all related to change, love, etc... a certain theme going on. Justin Bieber sang Pray and here are the lyrics. I was thinking to myself why are so many artists on that show singing about change, love, praying, etc....did anyone else see the awards?

Ohh Ohh Ohh .. and I pray
    I just cant sleep tonight.
    Knowing that things aint right.
    Its in the papers, its on the tv, its everywhere that I go.
    Children are crying.
    Soldiers are dying
    Some people don't have a home
    But I know there's sunshine behind that rain
    I know there's good times behind that pain, hey
    Can you tell me how I can make a change
    I close my eyes and I can see a better day
    I close my eyes and pray
    I close my eyes and pray

I lose my appetite, knowing kids starve tonight.
    And when I sit up, cause my dinner is still on my plate.
    Ooo I got a vision, to make a difference.
    And its starting today.

Cause I know there's sunshine behind that rain
    Haven`t tell me how I can make a change
    I close my eyes and pray

I close my eyes and pray
    For the broken-hearted.
    I pray for the life not started
    I pray for all the ones not breathing.
    I pray for all the souls in need.
    I pray. Can you give em one today.
    I just cant sleep tonight
    Can someone tell how to make a change?

I close my eyes and pray
    I close my eyes and I pray

I pray ..

I close my eyes and pray ..
  • simalvessimalves Posts: 730
    Can someone lip read what Justin says after he gets off the stage. He says something.

Also notice when he thanked Michael he did not look heavenward, but more to a corner of the auditorium.
  • Wow, The Media can srsly bug off... Dissecting and Looking into something that clearly isn't there.. But i guess anything with Michael's name The Media has to put there clingy, sticky, dirty fingers on and to manipulate it and turn it around in a negative way..
  • SanitySanity Posts: 81
    Justin wanted to say that the pop singers nowadays wouldn't be where they are now if it wasn't for Michael Jackson's influence. The crowd thought that by "us," Bieber meant the everyone - both the singers AND the crowd.
  • I don't know if anyone was watching the American Music Awards last night, but I was flicking back and forth. I listened to some of the tunes the artists were performing and the ones that I did hear (Katy Perry, JB, Diddy, Bon Jovi to name a few, they seemed to have sang songs that all related to change, love, etc... a certain theme going on. Justin Bieber sang Pray and here are the lyrics. I was thinking to myself why are so many artists on that show singing about change, love, praying, etc....did anyone else see the awards?

Ohh Ohh Ohh .. and I pray
    I just cant sleep tonight.
    Knowing that things aint right.
    Its in the papers, its on the tv, its everywhere that I go.
    Children are crying.
    Soldiers are dying
    Some people don't have a home
    But I know there's sunshine behind that rain
    Can you tell me how I can make a change
    I close my eyes and pray
    I close my eyes and pray

I lose my appetite, knowing kids starve tonight.
    And when I sit up, cause my dinner is still on my plate.
    Ooo I got a vision, to make a difference.
    And its starting today.

Cause I know there's sunshine behind that rain
    Haven`t tell me how I can make a change
    I close my eyes and pray

I close my eyes and pray
    For the broken-hearted.
    I pray for the life not started
    I pray for all the ones not breathing.
    I pray for all the souls in need.
    I pray. Can you give em one today.
    I just cant sleep tonight
    Can someone tell how to make a change?

I close my eyes and pray
    I close my eyes and I pray

I pray ..

I close my eyes and pray ..

This song is quintessential Michael. The lyrics, the music, the choir...I wouldn't be surprised if whomever wrote it had a little 'help' or 'inspiration'.

I was also struck by Diddy's (interesting) choice of song in that the lyrics speak about coming home, his kingdom awaiting, being forgiven for past mistakes, etc...

All in all, it was one of the better awards shows of late, IMO.
  • PinkTopazPinkTopaz Posts: 1,013
    I didn't even know about this, but Justin Bieber seems to always have MJ's side and I'm very grateful to him for that, because he is the "coolest thing in the world" right now, to young and old, and I'm sure that plenty of young kids and maybe even people who didn't like MJ before have been introduced to him and admire him now. JB's response to this was cute and funny!
  • "I want to clarify that you'd still be born. Michael's not your dad or anything. You'd still be here. He's not your father."

Uh?? <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->

What was that remark????
  • trustno1trustno1 Posts: 654
    I don't follow Justin or his music but I thought that sounded like a tongue-in-cheek remark when he clarified his statement, if so it was FAB!! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> It implied anyone who didn't get what he was saying was dumb beyond belief, and rightly so. Of course to hoaxers it could have had another meaning, maybe there was so much silence because in my view a large section of Hollywood and the media must be aware that something's going on so they were all wondering if this was the big reveal and Michael was going to appear on stage!! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->