holiday

suspicious mindsuspicious mind Posts: 5,984
edited January 1970 in General Hoax Investigation
i have always wondered how different countries celebrated holidays. if they even had the same as here in america.
i would love to hear what country each are from and about this season we are entering.

Comments

• RKRK Posts: 3,019
    Okay...Christmas season in Australia. It's HOT!!! Very very hot. The beach, surfing and swimming play a big part in lives [ mine anyway]over the holiday season. Entertaining with family and friends is usually less formal with the famous Ozzie barbie taking center stage. Christmas dinner usually includes some fresh sea food like prawns and crab and lots of salads. Tho many do the traditional turkey with all the trimmings too. Many people decorate their houses with lights . The only snow we have here in december is the fake stuff that comes out of a can for decorating windows. Many families pack up the tent or caravan and head to camping spots usually by the ocean and set up for the duration of the holidays. On boxing day, we have been known to host a get together [ actually, just another barbie] with the purpose of the back yard cricket match. It is a lot of fun.
    On a sad note, this is the season when many pets get abandoned or turned over to animal shelters because their irresponsible owners want to go for their holidays. <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->
  • In Romania it's so beautiful when Christmas comes, we have snow if we are lucky enough.We celebrate with our family this special holiday , we eat a lot...more than we have too <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> .I love to have a beautiful Christmas tree every year.We listen to Christmas carols , we decorate our houses with a lot of lights.It's the time of the year i love most, because is the time when you feel so much love coming from everyone.People are more relaxed, more happier .Wish this could last all year long !
  • Mammu94Mammu94 Posts: 232
    Here where i leave when christmas comes there is alot of snow, i mean alot. And its very very cold cause i live in north. We celebrate christmas with our family and usually we eat very much lol, more than we should. The traditional christmas food is sauerkraut. We also decorate our houses and bring christmas tree <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> and i looove the presents lol..and i love CHRISTMAS so much, its my favourite holiday!