MJ and Sony

BadshaBadsha Posts: 34
edited January 1970 in General Hoax Investigation
In 2002, Michael Jackson accused Sony of trying to make money off his success. He said that he out-smarted them. Next, Michael says that Sony is trying to take revenge by not promoting Invincible. Next, flashforward 7 years, and we have Sony buying Michael Jackson movie from AEG, signing multi-million dollar deal with MJ Estate, releasing new albums, etc. Is Sony just taking advantage of the current times and trying to make money off MJ or is there really a conspiracy behind this. Was MJ's accusations all hoax, were they on purpose and did he actually mean it?

Just wondering...
What do you think?

Comments

• Badsha, I assume you haven't read Lynton Guest's "The Trials of Michael Jackson", which is pretty much all about Sony and its relations with MJ. A lot of the things written there seem to add up, which is one of the things making me doubt this hoax and the idea that MJ out-smarted Sony. I'm really not sure about that! Sony tried to screw Michael (drive him to bankruptcy) long before "Invincible" and 2001. The atypical 2-disc HIStory album and the "Blood on the Dance Floor" album were compromises reached with Sony.

Michael used to own the entire ATV catalog with Beatles music...
    By June 2009 he only owned 50%. Did he REALLY out-think Sony?
    Michael HAD cashflow problems at some points in his life, despite his large net worth.
  • I think he meant those accusations. And I think they were more against Motolla than they were against Sony. I believe, personally, that he patched his differences with Sony when they fired Motolla. That's just my opinion. Blessings.
  • I think he meant those accusations. And I think they were more against Motolla than they were against Sony. I believe, personally, that he patched his differences with Sony when they fired Motolla. That's just my opinion. Blessings.

That is my opinion as well.
  • Michael had a problem with Tomy Mottola, short term manager at Sony. Sony is a huge soporation and having some time problem with a mng. does not mean Michael had a problem with Sony Corporation in whole, nor if Branca tried to cheat on MJ means that Sony Corporation was Michael's enemy. At least I don't recall Michael talking about Sony, he was complaining about Tomy. There are always some cheap,creepy people around who try to break successful person. Unfortunately it is not uncommon, anywhere.

I respect your opinion, but have to disagree. Michael spoke against Sony, but after he accused Sony of being racist and getting fire for it from multiple directions, he backed down a bit, and said he was speaking mainly about Mottola. As for Mottola being fired, that might have been a misdirection, to give Michael the impression that he won the battle. Sony didn't care about losing a small, insignificant battle as long as it won the war (metaphorically speaking). If you haven't read Lynton Guest's book, "The Trials of Michael Jackson", I recommend it. It's a very good read. The war between MJ and Sony lasted many years and contained many battles... And I personally have the feeling that in the end it was either a draw or a loss by MJ. Mottola was gone in Jan. 2003... I don't think the story ends there.
  • <!-- m -->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony/ATV_Music_Publishing<!-- m -->
    In 2006 Sony obtained an option to buy half of Jackson's stake in the company at any time for a fixed price of $250M. Sony has not exercised the option.

One source is this:
    <!-- m -->http://www.sonyatv.com/index.php/news/549<!-- m -->

When a cash-strapped Jackson refinanced his debt with the Fortress Investment Group in 2007, Sony Corp. helped facilitate the deal and in return secured the right to purchase half of his share in Sony/ATV at a predetermined price; it also became managing partner of the publishing company, giving it operational control. Sony also obtained the right to match any future offers on Jackson's remaining 25% stake. Separately, sources say that Sony/ATV also gets a first look at purchasing Jackson's own Mijac catalog upon the expiration of its administration deal with Warner/Chappell.

Another source:
    <!-- m -->http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/20/busin ... .html?_r=1<!-- m -->

Jackson Assets Draw the Gaze of Wall Street
    Published: July 19, 2009

As the world sorts through the pieces of Michael Jackson’s life one month after his death, so, too, does Wall Street.

A handful of major financial firms have made inquiries into buying the Jackson estate’s 50 percent share of Sony/ATV Music Publishing, the company that controls most of the Beatles song catalog, according to people briefed on the matter. Among them are Colony Capital, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts, Plainfield Asset Management and the media mogul Haim Saban, these people said.

Sony/ATV is by far the most valuable asset in Mr. Jackson’s estate, and his 50 percent stake could be worth as much a $500 million. Mr. Jackson bought the majority of the Beatles catalog in 1985 for $47.5 million, after an informal chat with Paul McCartney about the wisdom of buying song catalogs.

Since then, Sony/ATV — formed from a 1995 partnership with Sony — has bought up the rights to thousands of songs from artists, including Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell, Beck and Taylor Swift. In recent years, it made a big push into TV production, helping to balance out its radio business.

“Sony/ATV’s really started to gain greater value in recent years,” said Barry Massarsky, a music industry consultant who has done work for Sony/ATV and its rivals. “I’m very bullish on its prospects.”

John G. Branca, the entertainment lawyer who structured Mr. Jackson’s initial purchase of the Beatles catalog and is now one of two executors of his estate, declined to comment by e-mail on Sunday, saying only that the Jackson stake in Sony/ATV “is not for sale.”

Mr. Branca and John McClain, a music executive, will make decisions about the estate, pending confirmation at an Aug. 3 court hearing in Los Angeles.

Still, that has not stopped financiers from approaching Jackson family members and Sony, people briefed on the discussions said. Some of these firms already have a connection to the Jackson family.

Colony, for instance, is a co-owner of the Neverland ranch, Mr. Jackson’s former home. The firm’s chairman and chief executive, Thomas J. Barrack Jr., has contacted representatives of the family, these people said. Plainfield, which lent money to Mijac, an entity that owns Mr. Jackson’s own songs as well as those from the likes of Sly and the Family Stone, has also contacted the family, these people said. (Mijac has an estimated worth of $50 million to $100 million and is likely to grow with the pickup in album sales since his death.)

Mr. Jackson nearly lost his stake in Sony/ATV — and his family’s fortune — in 2006. He was days away from filing for bankruptcy when Howard Stringer, the chief executive of Sony, dispatched his chief financial officer, Robert Wiesenthal, to Dubai to broker a last-minute lifeline for Mr. Jackson. Mr. Jackson was living in the emirate at the time and quickly spending cash.

“His finances were in complete shambles,” said Duross O’Bryan, a forensic accountant at the consulting firm AlixPartners who served as an expert witness at Mr. Jackson’s 2005 child molestation trial. “There were serious issues with regards to his ability to meet debt when it comes due.”

The deal, negotiated in Mr. Jackson’s suite at the Burj Al Arab hotel, saved the singer from bankruptcy. In return, Sony took greater operational control of Sony/ATV and received an option to buy half of Mr. Jackson’s share.

Despite earning hundreds of millions of dollars over his lifetime, Mr. Jackson was well known for having a mountain of debt, born of expensive indulgences like the sprawling Neverland estate, costly music and tour productions and art and antiques buying sprees. The estate still carries $400 million to $500 million in debt. Barclays holds about $300 million of debt against the Jackson estate’s stake in Sony/ATV.

It remains possible that Sony could seek to use its option, leaving the Jackson family with a 25 percent stake in the business. Some of the private equity firms have proposed teaming with Sony to buy the remaining stake from the family, these people said.

A spokeswoman for Sony said the company was not interested in selling its stake. Representatives for Colony, K.K.R. and Mr. Saban declined to comment. A representative for Plainfield could not be reached for comment.

Speculation about the Jackson stake in Sony/ATV swirled at the Allen & Company retreat for media moguls in Sun Valley this month. Several attendees said Mr. Stringer had fielded inquiries into the possibility over dinner. Mr. Saban made an informal inquiry then, these people said.

The stake is likely to continue to grow in value, and some members of the Jackson family have pondered the merits of selling. Still others have proposed eventually cobbling together a consortium to buy out Sony’s share in the publisher.
  • http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony/ATV_Music_Publishing
    In 2006 Sony obtained an option to buy half of Jackson's stake in the company at any time for a fixed price of $250M. Sony has not exercised the option.

One source is this:

When a cash-strapped Jackson refinanced his debt with the Fortress Investment Group in 2007, Sony Corp. helped facilitate the deal and in return secured the right to purchase half of his share in Sony/ATV at a predetermined price; it also became managing partner of the publishing company, giving it operational control. Sony also obtained the right to match any future offers on Jackson's remaining 25% stake. Separately, sources say that Sony/ATV also gets a first look at purchasing Jackson's own Mijac catalog upon the expiration of its administration deal with Warner/Chappell.

<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> they're still on that angle MJ was never broke dude is a billionaire

One source is this:

<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> they're still on that angle MJ was never broke dude is a billionaire

Michael had a large net worth, BUT did have cash flow problems at times. (He borrowed millions of $ against the music catalog, for instance). And he supported most of his family. Not everything reported in the media is a lie. Consider these FACTS:

1995 (2 years after the Chandlers scandal) - Sony/ATV joint venture is formed (i.e. Michael sold 50% of the ATV catalog to Sony)
    2006/2007 (approx. 1.5 years after the 2005 trial) - Sony obtained an option to purchase an additional 25% of Michael's stake... So basically Michael could be left with only 25% at any time!!

Michael treasured that catalog SO much, and always said it wasn't for sale. If he didn't have cash problems, WHY would he sell any of it?! We ignore the facts at our peril...

One source is this:

Michael had a large net worth, BUT did have cash flow problems at times. (He borrowed millions of $ against the music catalog, for instance). And he supported most of his family. Not everything reported in the media is a lie. Consider these FACTS:

1995 (2 years after the Chandlers scandal) - Sony/ATV joint venture is formed (i.e. Michael sold 50% of the ATV catalog to Sony)
    2006/2007 (approx. 1.5 years after the 2005 trial) - Sony obtained an option to purchase an additional 25% of Michael's stake... So basically Michael could be left with only 25% at any time!!

Michael treasured that catalog SO much, and always said it wasn't for sale. If he didn't have cash problems, WHY would he sell any of it?! We ignore the facts at our peril...

We will never know because MJ doesn't talk about his money like that everything has been the media saying he's broke etc
  • I know this Sony thing doesn't fit the hoax idea, but I feel the "non-believers" may be right on this issue:

[youtube:81v4ecvk]

Michael holds posters/banners proclaiming:
    Sony Sucks
    Sony is Phoney

Michael mentions some great artists and says "the story usually ends the same", because "the companies take advantage of them". He goes on to say "Sony [...] They really thought that my mind is always on music and dancing. [...] They never thought that this performer, myself, would out-think them. We can't let them get away with what they're trying to do. [...] I just owe Sony one more album [...] so I'm leaving Sony a free agent, owning half of Sony. I own half of Sony's Publishing and I'm leaving them. They're very angry at me [...]. And Tommy Mottola is the devil. [...]"
    (Michael instructs cameraman to turn off the camera, but then changes his mind and goes into the story about Mariah Carey and Mottola.)

In Dec. 2003, after Mottola's departure as head of Sony Music Entertainment, Michael was still talking of a conspiracy affecting the U.S. sales of his album (presumably "Invincible").

Dec. 2005 interview with Jesse Jackson (included in the video I posted): Michael says "There's a lot of conspiracy going on as we speak. [...] A lot. All around me. [...] I'm under a gag order."

One more thing: Rumors of someone being broke can make investors/businesses lose confidence in them, which in turn creates losses for those people... It can become a self-fulfilling prophecy. MJ was a brand and a business, not just a man.

I respect your opinion, but have to disagree. Michael spoke against Sony, but after he accused Sony of being racist and getting fire for it from multiple directions, he backed down a bit, and said he was speaking mainly about Mottola. As for Mottola being fired, that might have been a misdirection, to give Michael the impression that he won the battle. Sony didn't care about losing a small, insignificant battle as long as it won the war (metaphorically speaking). If you haven't read Lynton Guest's book, "The Trials of Michael Jackson", I recommend it. It's a very good read. The war between MJ and Sony lasted many years and contained many battles... And I personally have the feeling that in the end it was either a draw or a loss by MJ. Mottola was gone in Jan. 2003... I don't think the story ends there.

I respect your opinion too truthprevails but I agree with voiceforthesilent. In this clip, Michael clearly says "no I didn't say Sony was racist. I said Tommy Motolla was racist. Yeah, Tommy Motolla." I also think he patched things up with Sony and it's obvious to me that Sony is helping Michael to pull off this hoax. His "thriller killer" speech and "Sony Sucks" rants all occurred when Motolla was in charge and had been for 15 years. Different opinions on here I know...but that's my opinion.

At 1:31 Michael is very clear about it being Motolla, not Sony. Also on November 8th Teddy Riley tweeted "it wasn't Sony that he didn't want to work with. It was Tommy Motolla. The truth will come soon dear."

[youtube:3gw7t6wu]

I respect your opinion too truthprevails but I agree with voiceforthesilent. In this clip, Michael clearly says "no I didn't say Sony was racist. I said Tommy Motolla was racist. Yeah, Tommy Motolla." I also think he patched things up with Sony and it's obvious to me that Sony is helping Michael to pull off this hoax. His "thriller killer" speech and "Sony Sucks" rants all occurred when Motolla was in charge and had been for 15 years. Different opinions on here I know...but that's my opinion.

At 1:31 Michael is very clear about it being Motolla, not Sony. Also on November 8th Teddy Riley tweeted "it wasn't Sony that he didn't want to work with. It was Tommy Motolla. The truth will come soon dear."

[youtube:45s8mop1]

OK, the racism comment was about Mottola and not Sony (though Michael did talk about companies screwing black artists!), but Michael complained of a conspiracy even after Mottola was gone. (I wrote this in my previous post.) WHY would he patch things up with Sony?! You and others believe he did, but no one has yet offered a possible rationale for that... I'd appreciate your view on that. I personally thought that Sony needed Michael and not vice versa, so I don't know why Michael would go back to Sony, after years of being critical of it.

I didn't know about Riley's tweet on Sony, but I don't personally take all of Riley's words as the gospel. Many people have betrayed MJ over the years, or let their self-interest override everything else... So I think it's hard to tell who's a TRUE friend to MJ and who isn't. What if Riley has a vested interest in defending Sony?

In any case, I feel that our assumptions inform our views. If you think 100% that Michael is alive, you're going to have certain views, while if you allow for the possibility that he's dead and many people are playing mind games, then your views and interpretation of events might be different... I HOPE that you're right and I'm wrong!

[youtube:2f7kktzk]

OK, the racism comment was about Mottola and not Sony (though Michael did talk about companies screwing black artists!), but Michael complained of a conspiracy even after Mottola was gone. (I wrote this in my previous post.) WHY would he patch things up with Sony?! You and others believe he did, but no one has yet offered a possible rationale for that... I'd appreciate your view on that. I personally thought that Sony needed Michael and not vice versa, so I don't know why Michael would go back to Sony, after years of being critical of it.

I didn't know about Riley's tweet on Sony, but I don't personally take all of Riley's words as the gospel. Many people have betrayed MJ over the years, or let their self-interest override everything else... So I think it's hard to tell who's a TRUE friend to MJ and who isn't. What if Riley has a vested interest in defending Sony?

In any case, I feel that our assumptions inform our views. If you think 100% that Michael is alive, you're going to have certain views, while if you allow for the possibility that he's dead and many people are playing mind games, then your views and interpretation of events might be different... I HOPE that you're right and I'm wrong!

Hi truthprevails. That is an excellent post you made. It's very true that our beliefs depend greatly on whether or not we believe Michael is alive. I'm certain Michael is alive. I've been certain since September of 2009. Not a doubt in my mind. <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->

To answer your questions though about Sony, Michael signed a new contract with Sony in 2006 for Thriller 25 with Raymone Bain negotiating the deal including movie deals, refinancing and pocketing $10 million dollars. Sony is also the one who was paying for the studio time in Ireland when MJ met with Will.I.Am seen in this clip. Raymone is also seen in this clip and had made it public that Sony was paying for the studio access and time.

[youtube:2f7kktzk]

For me, it is clear that Raymone's phony lawsuit is also part of the hoax because it was based on a percentage of the This Is It Tour, 10% to be exact of what the profits were. She couldn't sue MJ for 10% of money he had not yet made when she filed the lawsuit according to the hoax in May of 2009. Therefore, in my mind, it's all clearly hoax related. Will.I.Am is in on it too and simply playing his role. Sure there were still conspiracies against Michael, but we never heard him refer to it being Sony once Motolla was gone. For sure there was a media conspiracy, critics conspiracy, some radio DJs didn't want to play his music, etc. There were lots of conspiracies.

As for Teddy Riley, it was obvious to me from the beginning that Teddy is in on the hoax. These are his tweets from 07/07/09...

TeddyRiley1 TEDDY RILEY
    This is so Crazy out here!!! I'm at the staple center about to do the CBS morning news. Fort knox for real!!!!!
    7 Jul 09

TeddyRiley1 TEDDY RILEY
    WOW!!!!! Helicopters & Police everywhere. All for my bigbrother & bestfriend.Michael Jackson!!!! The Greatest entertainer of all times!
    7 Jul 09

TeddyRiley1 TEDDY RILEY
    OMG!!!!! I love it how everyone is moving for him...ROYALTY!!!!! Bigger than Elvis, Princess Diana, Mother Teresa, 4th of july!!!
    7 Jul 09

TeddyRiley1 TEDDY RILEY
    Bigger than this Superbowl, NBA championship, Kentucky Derby, & just as big as New Years Eve!!!!!!
    7 Jul 09

TeddyRiley1 TEDDY RILEY
    @fcthetruth Duh!! He's a humanitarian as well. You just don't get it but at least you know it MJ's day.
    7 Jul 09

I think differently from a lot of people on this forum. I think the phone calls Michael made that were leaked are all part of the hoax, about him being scared for his life, etc. He made sure there were all different angles of the murder/death/conspiracy/drug overdose/etc. to make for a very interesting hoax so that no one could figure it out. Rev June Gatlin is also obviously in on the hoax. This is the woman who gave a televised interview saying one thing, and then in a radio interview she said she knew in April that Michael was going to "die" and that he told her if she wanted to see him again, she would need to be there before 10:00 a.m. on June 25th or he would be gone. She then said in her radio interview that she overslept and didn't get there by 10:00 a.m. and Michael was already gone. So, she clearly is in on the hoax IMO. Everytime she talks about Michael, she refers to Cirque and breaks out in her "Only beLIEve" song. Very strange and funny!

I simply think this is a vendetta against the media but Michael made for an interesting hoax with the pre-recorded phone calls, being scared for his life, etc. Believing that this is a vendetta, it means that "no truth will be on television, in printed articles, internet articles or otherwise." There never was! when it came to Michael. So that's how I interpret all the contradictions in TV interviews, articles, etc. The truth will not be found in any of the venues. That's my interpretation of the hoax.

The following list of tweets is most interesting to read and they do not come from any source of media, just social networking, person to person...

RT @teddyriley1 LOOK, IF YOU ALL DON'T BELIEVE, DON'T GET IT. THIS IS ONE OF MJs GREATEST ACCOMPLISHMENTS N HIS ABSENCE!!!

RT @teddyriley1 THANK U FOR UR CONCERN...THE TRUTH WILL COME TO LIGHT. ITS MUCH BIGGER THAN ALL INVOLVE, MICHAEL IS BIGGER THAN ALL INVOLVE

RT @teddyriley1 OK...MICHEAL NEVER LEFT. HE BLESSED US W/HIS GRACE, SPIRITS, MUSIC, LOVE ALL OVER THE WORLD. LOOK OVER YOUR SHOULDER 1 DAY*

RT from Janet Jackson's dancer @oskarrodriguez Is it all a dream or reality.. I say, just BELIEVE and wait to find out... Love u all...

RT @teddyriley1 THANK U FOR UR CONCERN...THE TRUTH WILL COME TO LIGHT. ITS MUCH BIGGER THAN ALL INVOLVE, MICHAEL IS BIGGER THAN ALL INVOLVE

RT @kennyortegablog DREAM, BELIEVE, THIS IS NOT IT. In time, we will celebrate and honor his vision with you all.... June 27, 2009

RT from TII dancer @shannonholtz For every ending there is a new beginning... Thank u; Happy Birthday Michael! God Bless you, Love you more.

RT from TII dancer @shannonholtz I look forward to the day when the world witnesses his vision...June 30, 2009

RT from TII dancer @shannonholtz "God Bless You" – right back at you Michael – June 25, 2009

RT from TII dancer @shannonholtz THIS IS NOT IT! June 26th 2009

RT TII dancer @shannonholtz I look forward to the day when the world witnesses his vision...30 Jun 09

RT @jodigomes can't stand knowing all that I know, and bound by confidentiality agreements that prevent truths from seeing daylight

RT @jodigomes Proud of Mrs. J, Mr. J, Prince, Paris, Blanket. Donte, Jaafar, Great confidence.Hopefully fans will get past O 2 see

RT @teddyriley1 I can't speak direct you read between the lines...people are their own worst enemies.

RT @teddyriley1 OK...MICHEAL NEVER LEFT. HE BLESSED US W/HIS GRACE, SPIRITS, MUSIC, LOVE ALL OVER THE WORLD. LOOK OVER YOUR SHOULDER 1 DAY*

RT from @donterjackson in the times to come ahead, only the strong in mind will survive. let that marinate. hehe

RT from @donterjackson pay no mind 2 the 1's judging us. 4 they r unaware of their mastery.

RT from @donterjackson once they realize the truth in our mission. we will forgive them_*_

From @juliamjfam to @TeddyRiley1 do you have the feeling he will comeback though? Cause I do...! I think he want to give the world a lesson of L.O.V.E....

RT from @teddyriley1 to @juliamjfan Like Jesus!!!

RT from @iamdiddy BELIEVE!!!!!! 12.14.10 !!!!! 12.14.10!!!! 12.14.10!!!! LET'S GOOOOO!!! Half of Hollywood must know what's going on lol

RT from @jodigomes the projects im working on R so spectacular & diverse. Thank U God 4 the blessings & the patience 2 see it through (LOL)

RT from @iamdiddy Day 2 of Coming Home shoot.. Making History Today!! its so beautiful out here- GOD IS GREAT!!

RT from @teddyriley1 FOR LIFE...MJ FOR LIFE. I THANK GOD FOR MY FRIENDSHIP, HIM MENTORING ME, AND ALLOWING ME TO BE APART OF HIS-STORY. about 2 hours ago via web

RT from @teddyriley1 AS I SAID B4. IF YOU CAN'T BEAT EM, DON'T JOIN THEM, FIND A STRATEGY ON HOW TO DEFEAT THEM...CONT.

RT from @teddyriley1 WE GOTTA KEEP FIGHTING FOR MJ, F ALL THE REST OF THE BS-WE. THIS IS HIS VICTORY AND OURS TOO. FOCUS ON MJ, NOT OPRAH.

I understand fully that you're not convinced Michael is alive but for me, it couldn't be anymore obvious. I hope you find the answers you're looking for. I'm just enjoying the greatest show on earth! Love & Light! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • Maybe I'm wrong, but doesn't Michael owns a pretty large chunk of Sony? That sounds to me as though things are patched up.
  • lovemj4everandever:

Yours was a great post too! Thanks for all the info! I like your take on the hoax (no truth in the media - and yes, Twitter is not the media), and you could well be right. It makes sense to me, and would certainly explain many things.

I'll address some of the main points you made:
    1. I didn't know about Sony paying for the Ireland studio. Interesting! Looks like I still have some learning to do. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->
    2. I've heard of the Raymone Bain lawsuit (in the media <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> ), but don't know details. I think I read it was withdrawn in the end?! Do you know details?
    3. I've heard the taped call between June Gatlin and Michael, where he was talking of distrusting Thome and not having control over his finances (if I recall), but haven't seen or heard of the radio interview you described, where June said she knew in April that MJ would "die" and she was told to be at his house by 10 AM on June 25. <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> I've just tried to find it on YouTube, and I think I got it - listening to it now.

Thanks again for the interesting info, and for explaining your viewpoint. I do hope with all my heart that Michael is alive! I'm just trying to stay objective in general, and I'll admit that sometimes I kinda get discouraged and question myself and my views (wondering if I'm deluding myself).

[youtube:2uh3g22f]

On another subject....that speech sounded so much like Dave Dave on LKL...

When Michael "died" I too hated Sony and I was sure that they had done Michael wrong. In fact I was out to find out Sony's involvement in all of this. While I do believe those in charge at Sony for years (mostly Motolla) took full advantage of Michael it has also been shown that Motolla was fired and it appeared that Sony tried to work things out with Michael. I know we all have our reasons for believing the way we do, and that is fine, but Sony had the option to buy the other 25% and as of today they still haven't done so. That catalog is the big money maker. If Sony were interested in screwing Michael over they would have exercised their option the moment it became available. I may have to come back another time and say that I'm wrong with my way of thinking, but I'm hoping not.

Blessings to you.

[youtube:1flhdefo]

Hi truthprevails. That is an excellent post you made. It's very true that our beliefs depend greatly on whether or not we believe Michael is alive. I'm certain Michael is alive. I've been certain since September of 2009. Not a doubt in my mind. <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->

To answer your questions though about Sony, Michael signed a new contract with Sony in 2006 for Thriller 25 with Raymone Bain negotiating the deal including movie deals, refinancing and pocketing $10 million dollars. Sony is also the one who was paying for the studio time in Ireland when MJ met with Will.I.Am seen in this clip. Raymone is also seen in this clip and had made it public that Sony was paying for the studio access and time.

[youtube:1flhdefo]

For me, it is clear that Raymone's phony lawsuit is also part of the hoax because it was based on a percentage of the This Is It Tour, 10% to be exact of what the profits were. She couldn't sue MJ for 10% of money he had not yet made when she filed the lawsuit according to the hoax in May of 2009. Therefore, in my mind, it's all clearly hoax related. Will.I.Am is in on it too and simply playing his role. Sure there were still conspiracies against Michael, but we never heard him refer to it being Sony once Motolla was gone. For sure there was a media conspiracy, critics conspiracy, some radio DJs didn't want to play his music, etc. There were lots of conspiracies.

As for Teddy Riley, it was obvious to me from the beginning that Teddy is in on the hoax. These are his tweets from 07/07/09...

TeddyRiley1 TEDDY RILEY
    This is so Crazy out here!!! I'm at the staple center about to do the CBS morning news. Fort knox for real!!!!!
    7 Jul 09

TeddyRiley1 TEDDY RILEY
    WOW!!!!! Helicopters & Police everywhere. All for my bigbrother & bestfriend.Michael Jackson!!!! The Greatest entertainer of all times!
    7 Jul 09

TeddyRiley1 TEDDY RILEY
    OMG!!!!! I love it how everyone is moving for him...ROYALTY!!!!! Bigger than Elvis, Princess Diana, Mother Teresa, 4th of july!!!
    7 Jul 09

TeddyRiley1 TEDDY RILEY
    Bigger than this Superbowl, NBA championship, Kentucky Derby, & just as big as New Years Eve!!!!!!
    7 Jul 09

TeddyRiley1 TEDDY RILEY
    @fcthetruth Duh!! He's a humanitarian as well. You just don't get it but at least you know it MJ's day.
    7 Jul 09

I think differently from a lot of people on this forum. I think the phone calls Michael made that were leaked are all part of the hoax, about him being scared for his life, etc. He made sure there were all different angles of the murder/death/conspiracy/drug overdose/etc. to make for a very interesting hoax so that no one could figure it out. Rev June Gatlin is also obviously in on the hoax. This is the woman who gave a televised interview saying one thing, and then in a radio interview she said she knew in April that Michael was going to "die" and that he told her if she wanted to see him again, she would need to be there before 10:00 a.m. on June 25th or he would be gone. She then said in her radio interview that she overslept and didn't get there by 10:00 a.m. and Michael was already gone. So, she clearly is in on the hoax IMO. Everytime she talks about Michael, she refers to Cirque and breaks out in her "Only beLIEve" song. Very strange and funny!

I simply think this is a vendetta against the media but Michael made for an interesting hoax with the pre-recorded phone calls, being scared for his life, etc. Believing that this is a vendetta, it means that "no truth will be on television, in printed articles, internet articles or otherwise." There never was! when it came to Michael. So that's how I interpret all the contradictions in TV interviews, articles, etc. The truth will not be found in any of the venues. That's my interpretation of the hoax.

The following list of tweets is most interesting to read and they do not come from any source of media, just social networking, person to person...

RT @teddyriley1 LOOK, IF YOU ALL DON'T BELIEVE, DON'T GET IT. THIS IS ONE OF MJs GREATEST ACCOMPLISHMENTS N HIS ABSENCE!!!

RT from Janet Jackson's dancer @oskarrodriguez Is it all a dream or reality.. I say, just BELIEVE and wait to find out... Love u all...

RT @kennyortegablog DREAM, BELIEVE, THIS IS NOT IT. In time, we will celebrate and honor his vision with you all.... June 27, 2009

RT from TII dancer @shannonholtz For every ending there is a new beginning... Thank u; Happy Birthday Michael! God Bless you, Love you more.

RT from TII dancer @shannonholtz I look forward to the day when the world witnesses his vision...June 30, 2009

RT from TII dancer @shannonholtz "God Bless You" – right back at you Michael – June 25, 2009

RT from TII dancer @shannonholtz THIS IS NOT IT! June 26th 2009

RT TII dancer @shannonholtz I look forward to the day when the world witnesses his vision...30 Jun 09

RT @jodigomes can't stand knowing all that I know, and bound by confidentiality agreements that prevent truths from seeing daylight

RT @jodigomes Proud of Mrs. J, Mr. J, Prince, Paris, Blanket. Donte, Jaafar, Great confidence.Hopefully fans will get past O 2 see

RT @teddyriley1 I can't speak direct you read between the lines...people are their own worst enemies.

RT from @donterjackson in the times to come ahead, only the strong in mind will survive. let that marinate. hehe

RT from @donterjackson pay no mind 2 the 1's judging us. 4 they r unaware of their mastery.

RT from @donterjackson once they realize the truth in our mission. we will forgive them_*_

From @juliamjfam to @TeddyRiley1 do you have the feeling he will comeback though? Cause I do...! I think he want to give the world a lesson of L.O.V.E....

RT from @teddyriley1 to @juliamjfan Like Jesus!!!

RT from @iamdiddy BELIEVE!!!!!! 12.14.10 !!!!! 12.14.10!!!! 12.14.10!!!! LET'S GOOOOO!!! Half of Hollywood must know what's going on lol

RT from @jodigomes the projects im working on R so spectacular & diverse. Thank U God 4 the blessings & the patience 2 see it through (LOL)

RT from @iamdiddy Day 2 of Coming Home shoot.. Making History Today!! its so beautiful out here- GOD IS GREAT!!

RT from @teddyriley1 FOR LIFE...MJ FOR LIFE. I THANK GOD FOR MY FRIENDSHIP, HIM MENTORING ME, AND ALLOWING ME TO BE APART OF HIS-STORY. about 2 hours ago via web

RT from @teddyriley1 AS I SAID B4. IF YOU CAN'T BEAT EM, DON'T JOIN THEM, FIND A STRATEGY ON HOW TO DEFEAT THEM...CONT.

RT from @teddyriley1 WE GOTTA KEEP FIGHTING FOR MJ, F ALL THE REST OF THE BS-WE. THIS IS HIS VICTORY AND OURS TOO. FOCUS ON MJ, NOT OPRAH.

I understand fully that you're not convinced Michael is alive but for me, it couldn't be anymore obvious. I hope you find the answers you're looking for. I'm just enjoying the greatest show on earth! Love & Light! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

AWESOME post!!!!! I think the same as you. To me it's the only thing that puts the pieces together in a way that fit. All of these contradicting stories of, was Michael healthy, was he on drugs, did he eat, was he paranoid, did he have trouble sleeping, was he broke, etc. These stories changed depending on who you listened to and sometimes the same people contradicted themselves! But, when I looked at Michael throughout the years (the real Michael - LOL) I didn't see any of the negative things we were hearing.

I totally believe that this has been in the works a long time. What I was unsure of is how those paranoid tapes, etc., fit into all of this but your explanation makes perfect sense. Of course Michael wants to make sure that all of the news being passed around is false. He knows that the more bizarre and the more unbelievable, the more the media will gulp it up like a cold drink of water. And boy, they sure have. They are so deep in their web now that there is no return for them.

I think that subtle hints from all of the family members have been there. The big one is from Terry Riley which has been such a boost in excitement. And, it's been my thought that there is a lot of Hollywood people in on this. We probably don't know the half of it. A lot of them have been victims of the media too but on a much smaller scale. Yep - this is a Thriller all right and I can't wait for it all to come out.
  • @truthprevails

The lawsuit according to TMZ was thrown out after being denied. June's interview that I'm speaking of was live at ustream.com, and I don't know if someone saved it and uploaded it to youtube - but it's possible. We were all on the LKL blog listening to it live and we had a blast talking about it while it was airing live. Oh God, it was so funny! <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • @voiceforthesilent

Nice to share similar thoughts with someone. It's the only way to explain the news, the articles, the interviews, etc. He's created a circus and you're so right, they are so entangled in his web, they will never get out. I can't wait for the day they have to admit they broadcast a memorial to one billion people around the world for a man who wasn't dead. How's that for destroying the credibility of the media? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> The media will either never report anything about Michael Jackson again, or even if they do, who will beLIEve it? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

The greatest show on earth! He's such a genius! Like Teddy tweeted, if you can't beat 'em, don't join 'em, find a STRATEGY on how to defeat them! <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: --> <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: --> V is for Vendetta, V is for Victory!
  • @truthprevails

The lawsuit according to TMZ was thrown out after being denied. June's interview that I'm speaking of was live at ustream.com, and I don't know if someone saved it and uploaded it to youtube - but it's possible. We were all on the LKL blog listening to it live and we had a blast talking about it while it was airing live. Oh God, it was so funny! <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->

Thank you for sharing, lovemj! I found a radio interview with June Gatlin on YouTube, in 6 parts, and listened to it, but nowhere did I hear anything about 10 AM on June 25. The interview I'm talking about starts here (part 1):
    [youtube:27x9jpy9]

Could you please check the beginning and tell me if this is the interview you heard?
    I guess it should have been a different one...
    Interesting that June says she's a "seer" and "prophet", and told Mesereau in May 2009 that Michael would be acquitted and never go to jail. Something else she said:
    1. Michael was in fine health when she knew him (in 2008, I've inferred?) and the autopsy report confirms that. [Actually, June is a bit wrong here - there was some inflammation of the lungs reported in the AR, and I believe some osteoarthritis too.]
    2. Michael wanted his children to be with Katherine after he died, and if that wasn't possible he wanted them to be with Janet - which makes much more sense to me than Diana Ross, and is an extra reason to believe that the 2002 will is fake.
  • @voiceforthesilent

Nice to share similar thoughts with someone. It's the only way to explain the news, the articles, the interviews, etc. He's created a circus and you're so right, they are so entangled in his web, they will never get out. I can't wait for the day they have to admit they broadcast a memorial to one billion people around the world for a man who wasn't dead. How's that for destroying the credibility of the media? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> The media will either never report anything about Michael Jackson again, or even if they do, who will beLIEve it? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

The greatest show on earth! He's such a genius! Like Teddy tweeted, if you can't beat 'em, don't join 'em, find a STRATEGY on how to defeat them! <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: --> <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: --> V is for Vendetta, V is for Victory!

I can see Michael wanting to fool the media, but what bothers me is that he said certain things to the fans he was hanging out with - things that don't fit the hoax idea. He complained of being pushed into doing the London concerts, said he only signed up for 10... ETC. Sometimes I find it ironic (and I'm not sure it bodes well for us) that the people who were close to Michael in the weeks leading up to 6/25/2009 all pretty much believe the murder theory, and we who analyze things from a distance believe it's all a hoax. It makes me doubt we're right, you know?

Souza was even saying at one point that she doesn't believe Michael lived at 100 Carolwood... Come on now! There are MANY fans who saw Michael coming and going repeatedly to & from that address. And they spoke to him at times, so I doubt it could have been a double they were seeing! There were some worrisome developments in the last weeks and days (before 6/25/2009), such as bodyguards restricting the fans' access to Michael. (Michael was complaining about AEG to the fans.) Now if the bodyguards were on Michael's side, why would they do that?!
  • i have a feelin tat Sony are in on the hoax cause i have a feelin tat the new album will lead to BAM
  • OK, I've had to revise my take on Sony after seeing some videos on YouTube. Michael is heavily involved with Sony, and will probably be focused on movies from now on (as he always kept saying). I noticed, looking at the TII credits, that someone from Sony Pictures (not Music, but Pictures!) Entertainment was involved... Here's the profile of Michael Lynton, Chairman & CEO of Sony Pictures Entertainment:

<!-- m -->http://www.sonypictures.com/corp/bio_mi ... ynton.html<!-- m -->

Michael Lynton
    Chairman & Chief Executive Officer
    Sony Pictures Entertainment

Michael Lynton became Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Sony Pictures Entertainment in January, 2004. He manages Sony Pictures' overall global operations, which include motion picture, television and digital content production and distribution, home entertainment acquisition and distribution, operation of studio facilities, and the development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.

Under the leadership of Lynton and Co-Chairman Amy Pascal, Sony Pictures' motion picture division achieved more than $2.7 billion in worldwide box office receipts in 2008, releasing such hits as Hancock, Quantum of Solace and Pineapple Express. In 2009, the studio has enjoyed success with films such as Angels & Demons, Obsessed, Paul Blart: Mall Cop, Julie & Julia, The Ugly Truth, District 9, Zombieland, Michael Jackson's This Is It, and Roland Emmerich's 2012.

Sony Pictures Television produces such successful shows as Breaking Bad, Rules of Engagement and Damages. The division has top ranked game shows and daytime dramas, including Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy!, The Young and the Restless and Days of our Lives. In conjunction with Oprah Winfrey's Harpo Productions, the division launched The Dr. Oz Show in September.

Internationally, the studio owns over 50 cable and satellite networks and 114 channel feeds, broadcasting in 21 languages into 130 countries reaching 400 million homes worldwide. Sony Pictures Television is also becoming a leader in light entertainment, which includes games, variety and reality shows, and operates Crackle, which is one of the top six online video networks.

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment continues to be one of the leaders in DVD and Blu-ray Disc distribution in the world, and is rapidly expanding its digital distribution business. Sony Pictures Digital Productions is home to Imageworks, the only major studio Academy Award-winning in-house visual effects unit, and Sony Pictures Animation, which produced the 3D hit, Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs.

Sony Pictures has also been an industry leader in the production of local language movies and television shows, the creation and distribution of mobile entertainment, efforts to combat piracy and the digitization of its large library of entertainment.

By focusing on digital innovation, worldwide growth, content diversity and financial discipline, Lynton has led the studio through an era of stability and success, putting Sony Pictures on the cutting edge of an industry experiencing rapid technological and global change.

Lynton and Pascal have also put a major emphasis on environmental sustainability. In September, the studio opened two buildings that were built to meet strict LEED environmental certification standards; earlier this year, it switched to an ultralight case for its DVDs, resulting in an estimated 2 million pound reduction in carbon emissions annually.

Lynton and Pascal report to Sir Howard Stringer, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Sony Corporation.

Prior to joining Sony Pictures, Lynton worked for Time Warner and served as CEO of AOL Europe, President of AOL International and President of Time Warner International. During his tenure, AOL expanded into Asia and Latin America and became the world's largest online Internet service, operating in 17 countries and eight languages.

From 1996 to 2000, Lynton served as Chairman and CEO of Pearson plc's Penguin Group, where he oversaw the acquisition of Putnam, Inc. and extended the Penguin brand to music and the Internet. He helped lead the Penguin Group to new records in bestsellers, revenues and profits.

Lynton joined The Walt Disney Company in 1987 and started Disney Publishing, serving as its President. While there, he launched Disney Adventures magazine. From 1992 to 1996, he served as President of Disney's Hollywood Pictures, where he helped bring such films as The Horse Whisperer, The Santa Clause, Crimson Tide and Mr. Holland's Opus to the big screen.

Lynton graduated from Phillips Exeter Academy in 1978 and attended Harvard, receiving his degree in history and literature in 1982. He worked for a time in an investment banking firm on Wall Street and returned to Harvard to attend business school, receiving his MBA in 1987.

In his spare time, Lynton has worked with Gary Ginsberg and Jay Sanderson to compile an annual list of the "50 Most Influential Rabbis in America," which has been published in Newsweek since 2007.

Lynton's extensive involvement in charitable and civic activities includes membership on the Council on Foreign Relation and service on the boards of the Los Angeles World Affairs Council, the Jewish Television Network and the Rand Corporation.
  • I'm thinking Sony Pictures Entertainment is Michael's new home. MJ and Oprah might both be "media moguls" now. <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> Who knows, MJ might even buy up some newspapers/media groups (behind the scenes, using one of those aliases he's said to use) before he BAMs.
  • Rita Crosby in the interview with MJ: "I hear one of your dreams is to do directing....what else do you want to do?" Michael: "Films" <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> Hee Hee!