"Michael" gold on the first day of its release

SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
edited January 1970 in His Music & (Short) Films

Just heard on the radio here in Holland that Michael's new album turned gold on the first day of its release. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Over 30,000 pieces sold today (we are a tiny tiny country).

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Comments

• That is awesome news! Next country...let's keep it going worldwide <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

Blessings.
  • Lets make sure this is a TAKEOVER!
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    Do you have the album yet Souza?

I pre-ordered mine but should've just waited until it's in stores (14th in Canada) because I'll probably have to wait a couple days after that before I get it in the mail. But if I've learned one thing for sure with this hoax - patience is a virtue! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400

I pre-ordered mine but should've just waited until it's in stores (14th in Canada) because I'll probably have to wait a couple days after that before I get it in the mail. But if I've learned one thing for sure with this hoax - patience is a virtue! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

I am going to get it right now. I had pre-ordered it, but cancelled it because I moved 2 weeks ago. So I'll have it in 10 minute. Very curious about the design of the booklet.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• Wow, I got “Michael” and .. I’m speechless… I don’t know what to say.. I love it already & I know I gonna love him even more. I received the album this morning and it couldn’t make it to the Christmas tree, I couldn’t wait to unpack it and listen. Each song is great and I’m not a music or vocal expert and without taking all the speculations in consideration, I definitely hear Michael on every track. Since this morning I’ve been listening wherever I went and I’d like to share my first reaction.

Hold My Hand is beautiful & I love Akon. Hollywood Tonight: is, I think, a sad song because it tells you about desperate young people who want to be famous and go to Hollywood and do everything to enter this celeb world . Keep Your Head Up: I love this song and the gospel in it; indeed the whole world will sing.
    (I Like) The Way You Love Me: this song definitely makes me smile.. like you did <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> , especially in the intro with Michael talking on the phone (like it was last month or something <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> ) giving directions to the song… I love Monster and 50 cent is great, it makes you dance right away.. I did. This song fits perfectly right behind Threatened of Invincible as a sequel. Best Of Joy is indeed timeless and beautiful and about the purity of true friendship. Breaking News is again a great dance track and it has a big connection with Monster. Both songs have an mistakably message to the media, how news could make things silly and that media can make you and destroy you. As an introduction to the lyrics there’s written: “... This is Michael’s life under the microscope. The more success you have the more some try to tear you down. This is Michael’s personal story. This is prophecy. Michael demonstrated a keen sense of humor regarding the media. He would often disguise his voice as a journalist talking about “Michael Jackson”. He seemed to find a lot of humor in how silly things would make the news…”. I underlined what I think is important because he hoaxed his death to pull the media’s leg. That’s the humor of it. Ingenious. (I can’t Make It) Another Day: I like the song, nice beat. Behind The Mask is a great song with a strong message about fake emotions and behind the mask is is hard to find out what is real and what is fake. Much To Soon is a beautiful sweet song, the message is bittersweet though.
    I think there’s too much fuss about the album and there were too many speculations in the media: fake voice, leaked songs etc. with confusion as a result. No matter what they say “Michael” IS Michael & it is a masterpiece. That’s my opinion anyway.
    The album is dedicated to Michael’s children, to Katherine and to the entire Jackson family. They must be proud.

The last note in the lyrics booklet says: “We only live once since we are given the gift of life it should be our persistent endeavour to immortalize ourselves. No matter what field of endeavour we choose.”- M.J. That says it all…

I love you Michael
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787

I am going to get it right now. I had pre-ordered it, but cancelled it because I moved 2 weeks ago. So I'll have it in 10 minute. Very curious about the design of the booklet.

Yes, I'm very interested to see what's in the booklet.
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    That booklet, if you can scann it, would be great!
  • That booklet, if you can scann it, would be great!

yes please!!..i wonder if it verys any from what has been leaked out?? different sound??..
    huggs n faith to all
    suzz
  • DatrootDatroot Posts: 1,314
    Mine is on its way - it will be delivered to my workplace on Monday.
  • ni-co-leni-co-le Posts: 535
    I am going to buy the album tomorrow ,i am very curious about it to <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • That booklet, if you can scann it, would be great!

yes please!!..i wonder if it verys any from what has been leaked out?? different sound??..
    huggs n faith to all
    suzz

I'm interested to know that too because I've been of the belief that what we've heard leaked is not going to be what is on the album. I'm interested to know from those that have a copy now if they think any of those songs are different than what we're hearing on the internet.

Gee - I preordered a few copies too but may have to go down on release day here and buy one from the store. I can't wait and I really hope Michael reaches #1 here in US too...

Blessings.
  • YEAH BABY!!! SHOW Em who's KING Michael, I have to wait till the 14th <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    That article from the Dailymail thread 'Jacko's rave', said,
    As, no doubt, do the 400,000 ­copies of Michael that are expected to be sold next week; in total, Epic will ship around 900,000 copies for the holiday market.
    Worldwide don't you think it will do better than 1 million at Christmas alone?

Just heard on the radio here in Holland that Michael's new album turned gold on the first day of its release. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Over 30,000 pieces sold today (we are a tiny tiny country).
    1 million divided by 30,000 = only 33 countries. And Netherlands is tiny alright. I'm guessing the presses will be producing triple that. My personal guess is 3 million over Christmas. Does anyone know what the Guiness World Record is for albums sold in one month or week? So that's how many MJ needs to sell to break it.

I can hardly wait for the 14th to get mine!
  • I was the third person in my country who officially bought it yesterday!!! (There were two guys before me <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x --> )

I love it! Although I have some serious doubts as to the three Cascio tracks - they just don't sound like MJ (sorry <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> ) but the rest is awesome!!!!
  • Sorry, I can't scan, took my camera. Hope this will do:
  • Sorry, I can't scan, took my camera. Hope this will do:
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!! I want it so baaaad <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> why I gotta wait <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->
  • part 2:
  • Way to go Michael. I heard that Hold my Hand is slipping in the US <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
  • Hollywood Tonight is my favorite !!!! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->