Michael's voice on "Michael" Album

gstatprogstatpro Posts: 57
edited January 1970 in His Music & (Short) Films
So I have the album...dont ask how i got it. and one thing that is really botherin me and i never noticed maybe someone can prove me wrong but whats with this all of a sudden quivering voice thing when he sings long notes? Its kinda annoying. Who the hell is this Michael Prince GUy i keep hearing about on his album credits as vocals? I cant find anything with this guy singing to compare if he did anything on the album. I love the album dont get me wrong its nice to hear somewhat of what michael envisioned but people are right if it is him these songs are not complete at all! The only song i get a hee hee is breaking news and i know michael was feeling it when he let out a hee or a hee hee...nothing? These chopped up songs are nice to hear but not perfect like his other songs (if him). Now I am really not enjoying the album with all this song credit drama going too! PLease Feedback! One last thing...if they have more songs theyre probably all chopped up and unfinished like this album seriously. 8(

Comments

• SEHFSEHF Posts: 954
    rofl..
  • Think you must be listening to a different "Michael" Album <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->

Ive been listening to the one streaming from facebook.

Love the Album, some songs are different, but then you wouldnt want them to be all the same. Tastes change as we get older, and Im older <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> Older than MJ by a few years <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Cant say I hear anything annoying, <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> Some songs are sung with feeling and not overly produced, just plain and simple so you can hear the lyrics and the melody.

I love "Monster".

Just my own personal opinion, and yes I will buy it, or rather it will be an xmas present hopefully <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Love you all.

<!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->
  • Like I said its a awesome album my fav songs are Hollywood Tonight and Another Day (Screaming Michael that I know) Cuz the yell reminded me of Earth Song. Maybe its a new style? I read the August rolling stone magazine and they said he used multiple voices in these last recording and called these tracks or sound the mystery box of sounds! <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P --> So maybe I get the feeling of him atleast writing them and his style on all the tracks...Like Behind The Mask! ,,Bottom line I love the album just still questioning the production maybe?> Very raw material..
  • simalvessimalves Posts: 730
    I read on another board, that it is just RECORDED BY Michael Prince Durham, which means he is the sound engineer who recorded the vocals and has no singing part in it.

He was around at TII time so that means the vocals were most probably recent, just a speculation.
  • More drama. I guess they felt they didnt have to put michael as the lead vocal since we're buying a michael cd and they credit only the backround singers? makes sense.
  • aww i think this is going to turn into another mix up or different released version and you don't know what one you are buying at the time... lol
    remember when this is it was out and many got the DVD and some had the 2disk DVD and some had the 1 disk DVD then the blue ray..then on some DVD at the end ppl seen believe and some didn't...some got the booklet while others did not....i think there was more but just wanted to add..
    anyways huggs n faith to all
    suzz
  • Maybe he does do the quiver voice...i never noticed? check it out at the beggining..

[youtube:kk96tljj]
  • I really didnt mean michael is annoying.... just that it doesnt sound as good as michael is usually,, the wolves picked up his scraps and try to profit off it.
  • This my opinion,and the way I see it.They should not have released any unfinished song of MJ because he was a perfectionist.

As far as some of the tracks not sounding like MJ I agree.

I believe fans, who are in the age group of let say 15-to maybe 30 and you just starting following MJ you wouldn't know. We have lot of teenagers, adults who really were not MJ fans and followed his music down to every piece he did. I am not trying to say you were not a fan. Im saying you are not a fan who followed his every music and who is a fan from the early start of his career until now. Old school, old timers from the 50's, 60's. We know MJ voice,
  • I think because Michael was older, we are not use to hearing a change in his voice. 2000 watts sounds completely different than what we were use to hearing
  • Dominque wrote: We know MJ voice.

Are you sure....do we? <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> After all, the last album he produced was Invincible in 2001. His voice has had to mature and he at times even then, used a lower voice register...2000 Watts and in some songs in concert too. I know we all know Michael's voice as we knew it, but I am hearing Michael in every song and I'll take it. I also think that Michael himself would never have released a song that was not perfect. But, since he is "dead" he either could not release this one because he's not here or is behind its production but realizes that if it is perfect, people besides us would start questioning whether or not he is really dead. MICHAEL had to be released as it is and maybe after the "Bam" he can polish the songs on this album to his standards. Just my thoughts at this time.

L.O.V.E. to you all. Peace!
  • Think you must be listening to a different "Michael" Album <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->

Ive been listening to the one streaming from facebook.

Love the Album, some songs are different, but then you wouldnt want them to be all the same. Tastes change as we get older, and Im older <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> Older than MJ by a few years <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Cant say I hear anything annoying, <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> Some songs are sung with feeling and not overly produced, just plain and simple so you can hear the lyrics and the melody.

I love "Monster".

Just my own personal opinion, and yes I will buy it, or rather it will be an xmas present hopefully <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Love you all.

<!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->

Just remember this clip last night <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->

just to add one more example in case you have not discovered this on ytube, Michael also sang back up for the Doby Brothers in "What a Fool Believes" showing him singing high register as he sings to Elizabeth Taylor <!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtxUtocFuO0<!-- m -->

<!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • Dominque wrote: We know MJ voice.

Are you sure....do we? <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->!
    Good question.
    I was going to answer you: Yes we do. We got even some unpublished material we know are done by MJ such as "Xcape" and "Hold my hand" that were done just before his "passing": there we can recognize his real voice during his "last years".

But then I thought: what if someone leaked "Xcape" and "Hold my hand" knowing they were not MJ's work, to test if we were good enough to spot his real voice or not?

I think "Xcape" was completed by MJ himself and everybody who has listened to it knows that this track could be sold as it is now. Then why not to include it on this CD if MJ is behind this release? It had much more sense being this a hoax (I still hope that, at least). And why for most of the songs published on "Michael" MJ has no credits (for main vocalist)?
  • Albums dont expire so anyone can purchase or get every michael song or whatever but were not judging people who have opinions based on they fan level or whatever. Michael Jackson sounded and recorded like Michael Jackson high or low tone! If you are really listening to the album over and over like im sure most are you will say its MJ. To me its all MJ on "michael" written or backround or lead either way he is there... the cd is awesome and its good to hear some new stuff. I am grateful. Believe. Long live the KiNG Of PoP.