Shocking Discovery in "MICHAEL" Booklet

13»

Comments

• I did notice something in the booklet that was wrong though. It's the lyrics to Hollywood Tonight. Second verse..."She's giving hot tricks to men just to get in, she was taught that that's not clean, she's only fifteen"
    In the song it isn't "she's only fifteen", it's "she's headin for the big time that means".
    I don't really understand what happened there.

Yikes!

Wow <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> err. Interesting.

Maybe JANET? Could be....the little handwritten note in the booklet says that it is inspired by a true story
  • I did not realize this topic was started so i posted a few minutes ago...this is what i wrote:

Okay so i decided to actually read the booklet that came with MICHAEL from cover to cover and i noticed this Michael Durham Prince guy in it...he sings backup in several of the songs and he is also one of the archivists of the estate. Dont you find this strange? Has he ever worked with Michael before this album? Of course he did something with This is It didnt he? Who is he? Where did he come from?
    Oh and this Mischke fellow as well...who is he?
    Strange that is all.Anyone else care to add anything more?
  • i saw this man worked on This is it as "audio supervisor"...

How i read the thing :

exemple :
    Behind the Mask
    Lead &backgroung vocals : Michael Jackson
    = voice is Michael Jackson

Best of Joy / Hollywood Tonight / The Way you love me
    Vocals RECORDED by : Michael Durham Prince (and Mischke)

If the voice was Michael Durham Prince or Mischke it should appear the same as for "Behind the Mask" and say "lead and background vocals : Michael Durham Prince

What i understand is that Michael Durham Prince is the one who RECORDED the voice of whoever was singing.

The way it is written is confusing (is there anything not confusing in that story ?)

As you can notice, "Much too soon" as no indication of voice either it's MJ or not, same for Hold my Hand...The ONLY song which has clear info about the lead vocal is Behind the Mask.
    To me, the way they wrote "vocals recorded by" is just a credit for the technical part of RECORDING the singer's voice, as audio supervisor.

Exactly my thoughts. Thanks for clarifying. Michael is the LEAD vocalist on ALL the songs as far as iam concerned

Isnt it strange this guy's first name is Michael as well and Prince is his last??? Weird!
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    I still think this is the same guy only older, and reversed. Brown to blue eyes easy, same one eyebrow up.
    Edit, well maybe not. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • Here in Germany in TV they just showed the History concert in Munich from 1997....is was amazing !
    In the credits i saw the name Michael Prince too.
    Maybee someone is interested in ?

I wish all of you a Happy new year !!!! With Love !!!
  • Here in Germany in TV they just showed the History concert in Munich from 1997....is was amazing !
    In the credits i saw the name Michael Prince too.
    Maybee someone is interested in ?

I wish all of you a Happy new year !!!! With Love !!!

Wish it was on here...but sadly nothing airin here i have seen today
    However i have the DVD
  • how about this?? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

• Its herIts her Posts: 1,137
    I am also wondering why this album has such a simple name just:: MICHAEL: ,and i thought MJ would pick a more special name for the album.I dont know what to think but i love every song of it and i play it almost everyday ...i am also a big STEVIE WONDER listener / fan .... <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> I havent read the Booklet yet but i will do it if i have more time...

I believe using the very familiar "Michael" instead of both names, denotes how lovingly <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> familiar his fans ARE with Michael Jackson, after 45 years. It is an endearment; the album is (marketed as) a bittersweet gift from someone we knew and loved (even though, we also KNOW he IS still alive <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> ). I don't think it is meant to be anything deceitful or hoax-related (as a "clue!") in any way. Just for love. <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • Its herIts her Posts: 1,137
    Just to be crystal clear, I meant that the use of only Mike's first name as the album title, MICHAEL (without stating which "Michael", <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> doi) was not a subterfuge.

Make no mistake <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: --> It may be marketed as a gift to his fans, but we KNOW the entire album itself, is simply STUFFED with delicious clues about this Hoax! <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • Solid121Solid121 Posts: 292
    Michael Durham Prince is a member of the US rock band Legs Diamond that formed in the mid 1970's, he plays keyboards and rhythm guitar, but is not a vocalist. The band still play occasionally and are due to release a new album sometime in the not too distant future. He is a studio recording engineer and has worked with artists including Beyonce, Usher and Chris Brown, as well as Michael Jackson.

I don't see how people have made such a mountain of this subject, the booklet clearly states that the album contains 9 previously unreleased vocal tracks performed by Michael Jackson. You'll notice the only time MJ's name is listed inside the booklet as 'vocals/backing vocals by' is when there is more than one person singing either lead or backing vocals, such as the track that has James Porte as a vocalist with Michael, or Lenny Kravitz is a backing vocalist. This is to show that Michael was working on his vocal, be it backing or lead, in collaboration with someone else, as they obviously wouldn't just be able to put "Vocals; James Porte" as that would not be correct, considering it is MJ singing, but with James. Michael Durham Prince is simply the vocal recordist on the tracks that he is listed on and they need to put his job to distinguish from other jobs that you can have in a recording studio. His specaility for the tracks was just to make sure that Michael's vocals were recorded properly and that was his job, he was obviously not involved in other parts of the recording or engineering of the tracks or he would have been listed as such.

To clear this up further, check some of your other CD album booklets, not necissarily ones by MJ and look at what it says about recording and engineering. I have a CD by say Peter Gabriel and it says, recorded by and then a bunch of names of people I've never heard of. It doesn't mean they played all the instruments and sang on it, they are the studio technicians who recorded the instruments and Peter's vocals. All the band members are listed individually with the instruments they play. And even in some instances this may not be the case, but it is still obvious that it is.
  • ladymjcladymjc Posts: 99
    He may not have wanted to take credit for it. He did that with the Sonic the Hedgehog video game. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

"According to STI director Roger Hector, Michael Jackson was brought in initially during development to compose music for the game, but no mention of his involvement was included. This was supposedly due to the scandals that arose around Jackson at the time, his involvement was removed from the title, and much reworking had to be done.[12] These claims are dubious, however, and various interviews have made it clear that any involvement Jackson may have had was done without the knowledge of Sega's executives or marketing staff, and no contracts or formal agreements had ever been made.[13] James Hansen, of Sonic Stuff Research Group, retorts that Cirocco (credited as "Scirocco" in Sonic 3) still has possession of presumably a demo version of fabled soundtrack. "I actually have "ALL" of the tracks...," he writes, "from the original humming of Michael calling in the middle of the night leaving messages, to his ideas at Record One with Matt and Bruce. - BUT, I don't think I can let any of that out to the public without permission." [13] In December 2009, Michael Jackson's composer, Brad Buxer, told French magazine Black & White that Jackson was actually involved with some of Sonic 3's compositions, supposedly not being credited because he wasn't happy with how they sounded, due to the lack of optimal sound reproduction on the Genesis. Buxer also claimed that the ending music of Sonic the Hedgehog 3 later became the basis for Jackson's single Stranger in Moscow.[1]