Life Insurance ??

encino_girlencino_girl Posts: 116
edited January 1970 in General Hoax Investigation
Has anyone benefited from any life insurance policies that Michael may have had? Has a claim been filed for anyone to receive the benefits?

AEG? His family? Anyone?

Comments

• good question . no one has made any mention of it . you would think someone in media would comment on the amount or something. idk

you must have esp . i just had that thought run through my mind this morning <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    As far as I have been reading, no life insurance money has been paid out.
  • ejayejay Posts: 455
    The insurance policy was "cashed in" which is perfectly legal if your insurance policy has that kind of clause, your basically just getting back some of the money you'd paid into it. Which usually is significantly lower than the policy itself. My dad just did this.
    heres a link>> <!-- m -->http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/st ... on_1112289<!-- m -->
  • The insurance policy was "cashed in" which is perfectly legal if your insurance policy has that kind of clause, your basically just getting back some of the money you'd paid into it. Which usually is significantly lower than the policy itself. My dad just did this.
    heres a link>> <!-- m -->http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/st ... on_1112289<!-- m -->

So? No actual death benefits were ever paid??
  • good question . no one has made any mention of it . you would think someone in media would comment on the amount or something. idk

you must have esp . i just had that thought run through my mind this morning <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Nah, no ESP here, lol. Another topic on this forum made me wonder about this. But hey! I can take comfort in the old adage 'great minds think alike'!

Merry Christmas!
  • ejayejay Posts: 455
    The insurance policy was "cashed in" which is perfectly legal if your insurance policy has that kind of clause, your basically just getting back some of the money you'd paid into it. Which usually is significantly lower than the policy itself. My dad just did this.

No. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • The insurance policy was "cashed in" which is perfectly legal if your insurance policy has that kind of clause, your basically just getting back some of the money you'd paid into it. Which usually is significantly lower than the policy itself. My dad just did this.

No. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

The normal procedure would be to file a claim with the insurer (using the insured's death certificate as proof of death) upon the demise of the insured. Would it not? And, upon investigation and verification of said proof, the insurer would then remit payment up to the amount, and exceeding providing there are any special riders attached, of the benefits to the beneficiary. Agreed?

Well? Whatta they waiting for? A trial? Why? That would be unnecessary unless the insurer has reason to believe any named beneficiaries may have contributed to the insured's death, or unless the insurer's investigation has given the insurer reason to believe the insured caused his own death (suicide exclusion).

I trust then that the assigned beneficiaries (whomever they might be <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> ) either, 1. Are intelligent enough to know it's illegal to commit insurance fraud, or 2. Know there is no case to be made that Michael Joseph Jackson is indeed deceased??? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Michael was a marketable entity, and as such, anyone who invested their own resources (AEG) into marketing him would've insured their risk. His death would've been a risk realized, and AEG would've collected upon any policies held. Surely his estate would've collected upon any additional benefits available to the children on their behalf???
  • I have explained this in the past, repeating it again.
    "Michael was a marketable entity, and as such, anyone who invested their own resources (AEG) into marketing him would've insured their risk. His death would've been a risk realized, and AEG would've collected upon any policies held. "

No, AEG did not collect any money because the concert never took place. They could only get the money for the "event cancellation" clause if that was included in the policy.
    In regards to life insurance policy that is completely different type on insurance we are talking about, we never heard if; 1.Michael had that policy in place at all; 2. If he did, whether it was claimed or not.
    We do not have that info form any source. BTW, assuming that beneficiary would have been his children, the legal guardian, Katherine would be the one who could claim life insurance on behalf of kids.