MJ Songs, Art and Photos -- Tale of Thievery

2»

Comments

• MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    I have been 2 days trying to find an interview of Michael made in a hotel where Michael confirms that he is not awared of this man´s business. Do any of you know what I am talking about?

It might be this interview on May 22, 2006 in the Dorchester Hotel. The interview is about Marc Schaffel, he had connections with Howard Mann. Michael wasn't aware of the business, he didn't know. Gem, did you mean this one?

[youtube:3bj28466]

If it's not, I'll try to search tomorrow. I'm gonna sleep now, good night

That´s the video!thanks so much!
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    Debbie Rowe, Marc Schaffel Wing It to Tokyo

6/23/2010 8:40 AM PDT by TMZ Staff
    <!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/person/mark-schaffel/<!-- m -->

TMZ was at LAX yesterday when Debbie Rowe and Michael Jackson's former confidante Marc Schaffel boarded an American Airlines flight to Tokyo.
    The two are tight, and Schaffel apparently still has strong connections to the Jackson family, even though MJ and Schaffel had a major falling out and ended up suing each other.

Schaffel shot an interview with Katherine recently to promote her book, "Never Can Say Goodbye."

Rowe was mum at LAX, but Schaffel said he's been friends with Katherine for a long time.

As for why they're heading to Tokyo ... we're told Schaffel is releasing a documentary video he shot while he was working with Jackson. It will play on 200 screens in Tokyo.

Katherine Jackson to Produce MJ Movies
    7/1/2010 12:25 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/30/michael-j ... copyright/<!-- m -->

Howard Mann, the guy who co-authored Katherine's coffee table book, "Never Can Say Goodbye," is also producing a movie that will feature video from Michael Jackson's childhood through the end of his life.

We're told Katherine has hundreds of hours of video, including the family's big move from Gary, Indiana to L.A. after The Jackson 5 signed with Motown.

We're told Mann just bought the rights to 26 hours of Michael Jackson video ... owned by Michael Jackson's former business partner/confidant Marc Schaffel. We're told Mann has paid Schaffel in the eight figures for the video.

From here I get that Schaffel had videos from Michael. How could he own them on the 1st place? what kind of videos?
    Debbie Rowe at the airport with Shaffel, but is the date accurate? wha if the date is much earlier than has been presented?

Now here's the problem ... the Michael Jackson estate has the exclusive right to market Michael Jackson's name and image. We're told Mann and company are comfortable with their legal position, because the beneficiaries of the estate -- Katherine and Michael's kids -- are profiting participants in the movie. In fact, Mann tells TMZ he and Katherine plan on releasing a series of movies.

The estate would not comment, but as far as our research shows, there's no loophole when it comes to marketing Michael Jackson's name and image -- whether Katherine and the kids are beneficiaries or not.

How can this be? Do they own the rights? I guess not

TMZ has learned ... Katherine Jackson is knee-deep in a business deal to produce and distribute several movies on Michael Jackson's life, and she is on a collision course with the MJ estate.

Michael Jackson Commemorated (2010)
    <!-- m -->http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1674093/<!-- m -->

Never-before-seen footage of Michael Jackson shot by his private film crew that gives his fans an up close and personal view into his very private world.

Smeels Ben, once again