2011 Grammy live from Staples Center

Comments

• SinderellaSinderella Posts: 1,334
    Well where are the non believers?I've seen no posts on FB today from any on my list,nothing from J4MJ...but they are busy booking party buses to go the SM court house in June so...you know...they can't do both.
    *massive amounts of sarcasm*
  • sorry maybe I'm off topic but Valentine's day ...V day...Grammy? maybe a Bam? Lady gaga with a coffin.magic tricks? magic?? okay i'm loosing it !! back to nuts hospital.
  • "The 52nd Annual GRAMMY Awards was a dynamic, memorable evening, and it delivered our highest ratings since 2004 and the biggest year-over-year increase in more than 20 years," said Neil Portnow, President/CEO of The Recording Academy. "We have every intention of keeping that momentum going with our 53rd show, and once again we are thrilled to be bringing the excellence and excitement of our GRAMMY Week events and charitable initiatives to the city of Los Angeles. We also look forward to working on another outstanding GRAMMY telecast with our partners and good friends at CBS and Staples Center."

The only reason they had such a great year was because of Michael. One can hope he will show himself to his supporters once again.

I've been voting too. It's now asking me if I'm human...last I checked I was <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

Blessings to each of you and Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow.
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    I thought the Grammys were held at the Shrine Auditorium last year? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• likemikelikemike Posts: 105
    Wiki
    Non Televised EraFrom 1959 to 1970 Awards dinners were held in the following locations simultaneously on the same day:

1959-1961: Los Angeles & New York
    1962-1964: Chicago, Los Angeles & New York
    1965-1970: Chicago, Los Angeles, Nashville & New York
    [edit] Televised EraFrom 1971 through 2009 the Grammys have been held in the following locations.[1]

1971: Hollywood Palladium, Los Angeles
    1972: Felt Forum, New York City
    1973: Tennessee Theatre, Nashville
    1974: Hollywood Palladium, Los Angeles
    1975: Uris Theater, New York City
    1976–1977: Hollywood Palladium, Los Angeles
    1978–1980: Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles
    1981: Radio City Music Hall, New York City
    1982–1987: Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles
    1988: Radio City Music Hall, New York City
    1989–1990: Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles
    1991: Radio City Music Hall, New York City
    1992–1993: Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles
    1994: Radio City Music Hall, New York City
    1995–1996: Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles
    1997: Madison Square Garden, New York City
    1998: Radio City Music Hall, New York City
    1999: Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles
    2000–2002: Staples Center, Los Angeles
    2003: Madison Square Garden, New York City
    2004–present: Staples Center, Los Angeles
    I thought the Grammys were held at the Shrine Auditorium last year? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

It's been at the Staples Center since 2004.
    Wiki
    Non Televised EraFrom 1959 to 1970 Awards dinners were held in the following locations simultaneously on the same day:

1959-1961: Los Angeles & New York
    1962-1964: Chicago, Los Angeles & New York
    1965-1970: Chicago, Los Angeles, Nashville & New York
    [edit] Televised EraFrom 1971 through 2009 the Grammys have been held in the following locations.[1]

1971: Hollywood Palladium, Los Angeles
    1972: Felt Forum, New York City
    1973: Tennessee Theatre, Nashville
    1974: Hollywood Palladium, Los Angeles
    1975: Uris Theater, New York City
    1976–1977: Hollywood Palladium, Los Angeles
    1978–1980: Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles
    1981: Radio City Music Hall, New York City
    1982–1987: Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles
    1988: Radio City Music Hall, New York City
    1989–1990: Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles
    1991: Radio City Music Hall, New York City
    1992–1993: Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles
    1994: Radio City Music Hall, New York City
    1995–1996: Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles
    1997: Madison Square Garden, New York City
    1998: Radio City Music Hall, New York City
    1999: Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles
    2000–2002: Staples Center, Los Angeles
    2003: Madison Square Garden, New York City
    2004–present: Staples Center, Los Angeles

It's been at the Staples Center since 2004.

I see that, but I watched the red carpet last year and it didn't look like Staples. Maybe I am mixing things up. Were there two different locations?

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• best ever grammy performance - 1988
    [youtube:35navc84]
  • I just heard MJ did not win, oh well!
  • Michael did not win, winners are in bold <!-- m -->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/53rd_Grammy_Awards<!-- m -->
    The link that was posted up isn't for the Grammy's.
    It has nothing to do with them,it is a seperate online award.

The Grammy winner was decided long ago...#industrypolitics
    LOL, I don't get it... Why did we vote?

My suggestion is that everyone who voted on the link provided,which is still going btw
    Go and email the GRAMMYS with their complaint about your time being wasted,copyright images of the Grammys being used by the website and using fans to boost whatever it is they are trying to get numbers for.
    Over 1million people have voted on that site....wonder how many could have gone to the actual Grammy's to be counted.

People have been voting 100's of times over weeks for nothing.

Please use this form and be polite but firm in your communication with them.
    http://www.grammy.com/Contact

Y'all might want to contact twitter and question them on why #GrammyForMJ which has filled up my feed for 3days almost solidly did not trend once...but Adam,Bieber and every other celebrity going did.
  • trustno1trustno1 Posts: 654
    So annoyed at the time wasted and it was SO misleading, from the comments on the link plenty of people thought they were voting for an actual winner not a virtual one. Still hope MJ wins though its more of a fans vs fans thing really. MJ might not have put great importance on awards (despite always being humble and grateful when receiving them) and had so many anyway but he deserved this one. We'll know better next time guys!
  • Bruno Mars sure has a lot of checkerboard surrounding him.

I enjoyed Muse. And Jonalle is trying to tell some truth I see.
  • Yeahhh!!! Loved the last performance...Janelle Monae was smokin'! x] <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
  • Thanks Sind - I am so disappointed that this bogus site was not only taking people's votes but it resembles the real site so close and doesn't make it clear that this is not the official voting site. Grrrr...

I sent a complaint to the Grammy's. It may not do any good for the outcome this year but if enough of us complain maybe they will do something to change this next time. I agree - I wonder how this could have been different had people known the correct site to vote on.

I don't want to take anything away from Bruno Mars but I just don't believe he would have received more votes than Michael had Michael's supporters known the correct site to vote on.

Also - that video of Michael performing in 1988....I could watch that all day long. I remember watching it on TV and several times the past couple of years. Incredible performer.

Blessings to everyone's evening.
  • Both Justin B and Usher again doing MJ moves (more crotch grabbing than I have seen Usher do in a while)- and again Usher ended the performance with his one hand up- this time fisted.
  • Anyone else was thinking "red curtain"? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • I missed the red curtain?

Who was it who just played before Bob Dylan came out. I liked that song.

Yup. I don't think it means anything. I just like to point anything out that may signal MJ at big events. BAM can happen at any moment. <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
  • anewfananewfan Posts: 1,125
    I missed the red curtain?

I really liked those groups/songs as well. The first group was Mumford and Sons. The second group (right before Bob Dylan) was the Avett Brothers.

I really liked those groups/songs as well. The first group was Mumford and Sons. The second group (right before Bob Dylan) was the Avett Brothers.

Avett Brothers! Thanks anewfan!

Cee-Lo is outdoing himself He woke me up. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    @SOL...I think Ceelo is bringing back the 70's Elton John look!

Avett Brothers! Thanks anewfan!

Cee-Lo is outdoing himself He woke me up. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

That was pretty cool and adorkable! =]
    I missed the red curtain?

Yup. I don't think it means anything. I just like to point anything out that may signal MJ at big events. BAM can happen at any moment. <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->

Maybe he's doing the dog puppet behind Ceelo's piano? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->