Kenny Ortega Dropped From Wrongful Death Suit

edited January 1970 in News
MJ Producer Dropped From Wrongful Death Suit
6 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Michael Jackson's producer of the "This Is It" tour just got a break in the wrongful death lawsuit filed by Katherine Jackson -- he's been dropped as a defendant ... TMZ has learned.

0201-kenny-mj-ex-tmz-01-credit.jpg

Kenny Ortega was sued by Katherine, who claimed he was part of AEG's alleged plan to give Michael anything he needed in order for him to perform.

Katherine's lawyer, Kevin Boyle, tells TMZ, "Based on recently discovered information, the Jackson family has determined that Mr. Ortega should not be a defendant," adding, "The Jackson Family apologizes for any discomfort or inconvenience this may have caused Mr. Ortega."

It's always a discomfort to be sued for wrongful death.

Comments

• GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    And you may say I'm nuts but the picture of Michael is a recent one.
  • trustno1trustno1 Posts: 654
    And interesting choice of pictures almost looks like MJ is giving Kenny direction and he's listening intently! No surprise that Kenny has been dropped from the lawsuit as he's in on it and this is obviously all following the script of the hoax.
  • the picture of MJ seems to be a shot from some video
    does anybody know what video it is?
  • shelby61shelby61 Posts: 305
    I agree - this looks like a recent picture of MJ. Not sure if it is a video shot or not, but definitely sounds like MJ writing this story.

Katherine's lawyer, Kevin Boyle, tells TMZ, "Based on recently discovered information, the Jackson family has determined that Mr. Ortega should not be a defendant," adding, "The Jackson Family apologizes for any discomfort or inconvenience this may have caused Mr. Ortega."

I wonder what the recently discovered information is??? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> LOL any discomfort? lol

T.O.Y. - thinking of you too MJ and Kenny LOL
  • And you may say I'm nuts but the picture of Michael is a recent one.

Then I'll join you being nuts.... 'cause that's what I thought too and he looks good.
  • wishingstarwishingstar Posts: 2,927
    "It's always a discomfort to be sued for wrongful death."

Really.....that's a very odd sentence. It's always a discomfort to be accused of being involved in something you are not. In MJ's case, he was pretty freakin' "discomforted" for years and years. Kenny here was, "discomforted" for weeks and weeks........ <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
    Yes, the picture of Michael seems recent......there is a crest, or something on the right side? Any idea what the background is from?
    Thanks for posting this....interesting article for sure!

Blessings Always!
  • "It's always a discomfort to be sued for wrongful death." <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

This is so debauched TMZ!

Ah ... the image of Michael is beautiful! I love Michael with this hair. But there seems recent, he's like clip of Earth Song.

Certainly Michael is a very beautiful and charming man!
  • the pictures is from early or mid 90s and he doesn't look like that any more. How come no one can be realistic the fact he DOES NOT look like the way he did in 80s and 90s? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    This lawsuit will ultimately be dropped altogether. To me, this is one of those "piece by piece by piece" articles. Kenny is now "officially" off the bad guys list and he'll eventually be followed by AEG and Murray.
    he was outside of LA i dont remember what he was doing but it was in the early or mid 90s
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    TS said that Kenny is part of the hoax <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • frogh777frogh777 Posts: 711
    I have never seen this picture of MJ before.. look at the background.. where is it?
  • This lawsuit will ultimately be dropped altogether. To me, this is one of those "piece by piece by piece" articles. Kenny is now "officially" off the bad guys list and he'll eventually be followed by AEG and Murray.

I was trying to put my finger on why Kenny was even named in Katherine's lawsuit in the first place....your explanation seems plausible to me....but all these lawsuits give me a headache! And Katherine's stance against the Estate....it seems like they are totally at odds with each other, but I swear I thought they were presenting a united front in their effort to oust the ex of Jermaine/Randy? How does a woman of her age, with her many responsibilities handle all of this stress?

I don't know....maybe I can answer my own question....none of it is actually her....it is Michael behind all of it....

The other thing I keep meaning to mention is this....I think Katherine must have one whole closet that is full of just this: ROYAL BLUE SUITS! lol
  • nefarinefari Posts: 1,227
    I agree, I think sometimes we are not seeing the real Katherine Jackson and also I'd about be willing to throw money on the table that Randy over half the time is not the real Randy. Can't say for sure who is playing all of these roles though, if it's Michael or someone else or even different people at different times. Maybe Jackie and Jermaine are swapping back and forth playing Conrad. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    TS wrote: Speaking of trying to debunk TS: one particular member kept dwelling on my statements about “few” in on the hoax—claiming that there were more than “few”, so this alone proves that TS is a fake {see Update 4d, <!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=72&t=7194<!-- l -->}. However, this is just another of many examples of critics not carefully reading what I said. The word “few” is always relative; and in comparison to all the stars in the sky, one thousand is a “few” stars. Taken in context, the “few” that I mentioned was in relation to this statement: “the entire state of California is not in on the hoax. ... only a relatively few people would need to be ‘in on it’” (in 4-36 & 4-38).

I never gave any specific number other than “more than three”; but if you read all my posts, you will find that I myself did mention several specifically involved with the hoax: MJ, family, Conrad, Kenny Ortega, coroner, hospital, FBI, TMZ, etc. And there are many others (friends/celebrities) who may not have a direct role, and yet understand that it’s a hoax (much like us).
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    the pictures is from early or mid 90s and he doesn't look like that any more. How come no one can be realistic the fact he DOES NOT look like the way he did in 80s and 90s? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

Forgive me imred, but do you actually know what he looks like now??!!
  • I have never seen this picture of MJ before.. look at the background.. where is it?

Looks like the parking garage of ... <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> .. TMZ <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • the pictures is from early or mid 90s and he doesn't look like that any more. How come no one can be realistic the fact he DOES NOT look like the way he did in 80s and 90s? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

Do you know how he looks like now? Again the picture is a old, I've seen this picture before and there's also a video that was taken in the 90s

Do you know how he looks like now? Again the picture is a old, I've seen this picture before and there's also a video that was taken in the 90s

I think so too, I remember I watched the video on YouTube, just cn't remember right niw where is it from
  • Check out what Karen Faye has tweeted.

So, KO has been released of any blame by the Jackson family and yet Karen cannot accept she was wrong.

Remember her and her minions tweeting threats to Kenny? Sam Gossen tweeted him that she wishes he would "cough to death" when he said he had a cold.

That woman!!! <!-- s:twisted: -->:twisted:<!-- s:twisted: -->

That pic of Michael is from what it looks like the opening of the Magic Johnson theater which was 1995 <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    med_gallery_7_247_83805.jpg
    med_gallery_7_247_48267.jpg
    med_gallery_247_47095.jpg
    I may be wrong though <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • People from one of the non believers forum, - I won't say which one ha ha <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> - are saying that maybe AEG should sue Katherine and the Jackson family for not paying attention to Michael being thin and too weak to perform... <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->
    LOL
    It made my day! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • People from one of the non believers forum, - I won't say which one ha ha <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> - are saying that maybe AEG should sue Katherine and the Jackson family for not paying attention to Michael being thin and too weak to perform... <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->
    LOL
    It made my day! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

But they have a point, no? If MJ was thin and drug addicted and the family knew this (and half of them are saying that they knew) - then why didnt THEY stop Michael????

That pic of Michael is from what it looks like the opening of the Magic Johnson theater which was 1995 <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    med_gallery_7_247_83805.jpg
    med_gallery_7_247_48267.jpg
    med_gallery_247_47095.jpg
    I may be wrong though <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

You're not) it's the grand opening of the Magic Johnson Theaters
    July 11, 1995 in Los Angeles, Ca
    he was outside of LA i dont remember what he was doing but it was in the early or mid 90s