Feb 7th - Murray pre-trial hearing

SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
edited January 1970 in Dr. Conrad Murray
Repost from MJKIT, originally posted by curls, Mon 7 Feb 2011 - 5:15
So the judge will decide today if the trial will be televised. Is this the sole purpose of today or is anything else expected? Also can anyone tell me what time the hearing is and if there'll be a livestream?

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Comments

• SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    I have no idea. I feel very disoriented. Any info any one has, please post. I will do the same going forward today.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

I thought the pre hearing is tomorrow?

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/02/07/conrad-murrays-lawyers-due-in-court-monday/

Nothing other than they are "suppose" to be in court today.

and TMZ did not write about it.

I just read an article that said some of the family members have already arrived in court (examiner news online) but that is all I heard...anyway where is the pretrial is it in downtown?

MJHOAXLIVE TWIGGY
    Inside the courts now

Date has been moved March 24th instead of March 28th Starting on day 58 of the 60 days 3/24 9:30am

"We have not received any defense discovery, not on single documentation" Walgren states.

Various portions of this will be televised The judge Is discussing currently.

This case will be tried on the evidence in this courtroom not by what goes on in the media, on blogs and outside this courtroom. -Judge Pastor

http://twitter.com/#!/MJHOAXLIVE

At last, just as I'm about to go to bed, we get some news! Thanks for posting.

Judge says 'this case will be tried on the evidence in this courtroom not by what goes on in the media, on blogs and outside this courtroom.

Thanks for the info, Serenity!

So they moved the date for the trial up a few days?? And listen to what the judge said...clue?

March 24th? why?

Wow ... So the judge knows what goes in the blogs!!

<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

This case will be tried on the evidense in this courtoom not by what goes on in the media,
    Interesting statement to say the least isn't it?? <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

1direction4MJ

The trial is expected to last about six weeks, according to the defense and prosecution

1direction4MJ

The trial is expected to last about six weeks, according to the defense and prosecution

So should end in May!

Few months to get some response ... or not???? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

Judge rules trial of Michael Jackson's doctor can be televised

story.conrad.murray.gi.jpg

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Jury selection in the involuntary manslaughter trial of Dr. Conrad Murray, accused in the death of pop star Michael Jackson, will begin March 24, a judge ordered Monday.

Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor also approved television cameras in court for the trial.

Pastor had set the trial to start March 28 when Murray invoked his right to a speedy trial during his arraignment last month. But the judge later decided it was cutting too close to the 60-day limit.

"Absolutely, we simply can't start on the last day," Pastor said.

The opening statements are likely to be delivered during the first week of April. The trial is expected to last about six weeks, according to the defense and prosecution.

Murray, who remains free on $75,000 bail, was not in court for Monday's hearing. His lawyers said he was busy earning a living with his medical practice in Las Vegas and Houston.

Pastor blocked the doctor from using his California medical license until the trial is completed. The state medical board requested that be made a provision of his bail.

Murray entered a not guilty plea at his arraignment last month.

"Your honor, I am an innocent man," Murray said.

He was Jackson's personal doctor when the pop star died June 25, 2009, from what a coroner ruled was "acute propofol intoxication," in combination with "the contributory affects of the benzodiazepines.

Mellie321

Judge ruled Conrad Murray case will be televised Evidentiary hearing Tuesday, 2/15 @ 1:30pm. Jury selection Thursday, 3/ 24 @ 9:30am

We know were our butts will be ... watching the courtroom show real soon!! Funny, it should all be over before summer .. you know, when we'd be too busy to watch. ( I read that the Michael Jackson memorial was the most televised event in history!! wow and ugh..)

Conrad Murray Trial To Be Televised
    20 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Dr. Conrad Murray's manslaughter trial in the death of Michael Jackson will be televised.

Judge Michael Pastor handed down the surprise order today.

The trial will not only put the spotlight on Jackson's death, but the manner in which the medical community treats celebrities.

Opening statements should begin the first week in April.

Hmmmm....the new date for the trial to begin is March 24, 2011 @ 9:30 AM?

3 + 2 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 9 + 3 = 25

2 + 5 = 7

Just sayin'!

I have school during then...I guess I am going to have to do my work early...actually I am going to have to at least do my work...I am really bad at doing anything that involves bringing school home...and then bringing it back to school.

So how is this going to work...will everyday be televised and will it be put on live in the U.S or other countries aswell. I really hope it is live in Australia.

My question as well. Will it be worldwide or just for USA?

Did they say what channel it will be on. I will have to Tivo it.