Jackson trial will be televised

ladylee1979ladylee1979 Posts: 257
edited January 1970 in News
The trial of Michael Jackson’s doctor, who is accused of accidentally killing the star with prescription drugs, will be televised, a court has ruled. Judge Michael Pastor at the Los Angeles Superior Court said that cameras would be allowed in Dr Conrad Murray’s trial as long as they didn’t interfere with the proceeding.

The judge also ruled that the case will be moved forward by four days, to March 24. The doctor, who was the personal GP to the late King of Pop, could get four years behind bars if he is found guilty of involuntary manslaughter.

Judge Pastor warned, however, that he would be expecting detailed proposals from any news teams looking to cover the trial, and asked for TV cameras to be placed in the “least intrusive” way possible. The jury selection for the trial, which is expected to last around six weeks, could not be broadcast however, said Pastor.

According to witness statements at a preliminary hearing in January, Dr Murray tried to hide evidence that he had injected Jackson with a powerful surgical anaesthetic shortly before his death. A detective also testified that the doctor told him he had given the singer, propofol, which is normally administered in a clinical environment, to help Jackson sleep.

Dr Murray denies the charges and his defence team argue that Jackson’s poor health contributed to his <!-- m -->[url=deathhttp://www.discountvouchers.co.uk/news/151763535.html]deathhttp://www.discountvouchers.co.uk/ ... 63535.html[/url]<!-- m -->

Comments

• THIS IS AWSOME <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> WE ARE GETTING CLOSER TO THE END MICHAEL MICHAEL MICHAEL <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • MichiS97MichiS97 Posts: 100
    THIS IS AWSOME <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> WE ARE GETTING CLOSER TO THE END MICHAEL MICHAEL MICHAEL <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    so right ^^
  • shelby61shelby61 Posts: 305
    Of course the selection of jurors will not be televised. As were the dancers were pre-selected, I believe jurors will also be pre-selected. It will be interesting to see the jurors and how this whole process plays out with the cameras rolling.
  • jilljill Posts: 917
    I'm glad it's been moved up four days! So now it starts on March 24th.
  • Tried to find out if anything really significant happened on that date in history.
    Here is something I found but surely not related to the hoax...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The grounding of the Exxon Valdez on March 24, 1989, set off the largest oil spill in history, devastating area ecosystems and local fishing.
  • Tried to find out if anything really significant happened on that date in history.
    The grounding of the Exxon Valdez on March 24, 1989, set off the largest oil spill in history, devastating area ecosystems and local fishing.
    Hmm Michael was in court March 24th 2005 <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    med_gallery_1282_125049.jpg
  • THIS IS AWSOME <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> WE ARE GETTING CLOSER TO THE END MICHAEL MICHAEL MICHAEL <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Yes finally. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • you know though all of the old thoughts are going to start emerging thought when this starts.
    all of the sensationalized ideas about how weird michael was. it will be hard to maintaine our cool.
    Hmm Michael was in court March 24th 2005 <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    med_gallery_1282_125049.jpg

REALLY? <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> YAY!!! Hopefully a clue!
  • you know though all of the old thoughts are going to start emerging thought when this starts.
    all of the sensationalized ideas about how weird michael was. it will be hard to maintaine our cool.

We have to maintain our cool, this is what they want us to do. Like Reilly said Michael lives for controversy.. So don't worry about what people say. We know Michael, he is a humanitarian, has a good soul, and a heart made of GOLD. God bless.

We have to maintain our cool and stick together as Michael's fans and army of L.O.V.E. When all of this comes out there will be a lot of attacks on Michael and a lot of backlash. Which is why we need to stick by him and each other. Justice and truth needs to prevail once and for all.
  • Okay, what if something goes wrong? Something we didn't expect? Like what if they find Conrad Murray guilty and send him to jail. Then where will we go from here? Does that mean Michael really is dead? Becuase it seems to me that this hoax is coming to an end. Either Michael makes an apperance or he really is gone. But I still doubt he really is dead. <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
  • liegiliegi Posts: 640
    Yes, even if CM is convicted I still think he's alive.
  • Okay, what if something goes wrong? Something we didn't expect? Like what if they find Conrad Murray guilty and send him to jail. Then where will we go from here? Does that mean Michael really is dead? Becuase it seems to me that this hoax is coming to an end. Either Michael makes an apperance or he really is gone. But I still doubt he really is dead. <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->

I know how you feel, but have faith, and be positive everything will be fine. Murray will not go to jail. If he goes to jail it will be a fake jail, just like the toys in the court room. A fake court room <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • I know how you feel, but have faith, and be positive everything will be fine. Murray will not go to jail. If he goes to jail it will be a fake jail, just like the toys in the court room. A fake court room <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

HAHAHA I TOTALLY AGREE <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • If CM is convicted and Michael don't come back, things will be complicated.
    Many fans will lose hope ... we will can not go ahead.
    Above all, will become an improbable comeback!
    I do not know how this will end ... I'm just waiting, trying to keep calm!
    I still have faith that all will be well!
  • SinderellaSinderella Posts: 1,334
    http://www.kens5.com/news/entertainment/116214689.html

Lawyers to weigh TV plans for Jackson doctor trial
    Posted on February 15, 2011 at 7:00 AM
    Updated today at 7:06 AM

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Defense attorneys and prosecutors are set to discuss, among other topics, plans for TV coverage of the trial of Michael Jackson's doctor, who faces a charge of involuntary manslaughter.
    Dr. Conrad Murray has pleaded not guilty in the death of the music superstar on June 25, 2009. A hearing Tuesday will deal with coverage plans, jury questionnaire issues and discovery of evidence.
    Attorneys are also scheduled to present names of proposed witnesses. The trial is expected to begin March 24 and last about six weeks.
    An autopsy showed that Jackson died of an overdose of an anesthetic combined with other sedatives. Murray's lawyers say he did nothing that should have caused Jackson's death.
    Prosecutors allege gross negligence in Murray's administering of the anesthetic, which is intended for use in hospitals.