Dr. Murray Dodged Wrongful Death Lawsuit in 2007

SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
edited January 1970 in News
50 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Michael Jackson wasn't the first patient to die while in Dr. Murray's care -- in fact, TMZ has learned MJ investigators spoke with the son of a former Murray patient who BLAMES the doc for killing his dad in a botched surgery.

0104-conrad-murray-getty-ex-2-credit.jpg

Months after MJ's death, LAPD detectives spoke with Gerard White -- whose father died 6 days after Dr. Murray operated on his heart in Las Vegas back in 2007.

White told investigators Murray not only botched the surgery and ripped a hole in his dad's heart -- but he failed to recognize obvious, tell-tale signs that his patient was fatally wounded.

Gerard told investigators he and his family contacted a lawyer to go after Dr. Murray -- but they couldn't find an attorney who would take the case because there wasn't enough money to be made.

Gerard also said that after his father died, Murray did "exactly what he's doing in the Jackson case" ... because he never attempted to speak with his family members about the situation.

Murray's rep tell TMZ Gerard's story is "hearsay and totally unsubstantiated."

The rep adds, "Murray has medical insurance for lawsuits. If an attorney thought Gerard White had a case he surely could have been paid. The fact that White couldn’t find a lawyer to take the case tells me White's claims most likely had no merit."

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Comments

• LavdHimLavdHim Posts: 352
    <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->
    this is ridiculous . Why did AEG hired this kind of doctor to take care of michael <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
    OMG this is michael jackson . he deserved to have the best doctor not a doctor who didn't even know how to do CPR <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • ForstAMoonForstAMoon Posts: 1,126
    and the public just learns about it 20 months after MJ death?.... right

seems like Connie actually attended some classes in med school about heart surgery unlike the ones on CPR, what he obviously missed <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • mjfansince4mjfansince4 Posts: 1,030
    and the public just learns about it 20 months after MJ death?.... right

seems like Connie actually attended some classes in med school about heart surgery unlike the ones on CPR, what he obviously missed <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

right...murray can do heart surgery but he can't do CPR.

how can the non-believers not wake up to this shit? when michael BAMs i'm just going to feel sorry for them. they are hypocritical and can't see farther than the tips of their noses. when he comes back, i bet they'll be ashamed that it was right there in front of them all along.
  • Intersting article.

Notice: BLAMES is capitalized.

Also, I find some of the terms interesting:
    ripped a hole in his dad's heart
    failed to recognize obvious, tell-tale signs
    his patient was fatally wounded

I wonder if that does not go back to Michael's own accusations when he was blamed and mortally wounded, a hole ripped into his heart by using the things he loved the most (children) against him.

I might be reaching- but that really stood out. Well, that and missing the obvious signs that maybe this man is blamed with ridiculous charges, too. And this report...really? I mean, and this JUST NOW comes out? Sure...I believe it... <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
  • nefarinefari Posts: 1,227
    Is it just me or does Murray always look sneaky and underhanded in his photos that TMZ attaches? He cuts his eyes around in a devilish manner, like as if to say ha ha got one over on you suckers, or up yours.....something just shifty about him. He can't even sip a drink without looking like he just raped a pope.
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    I have neither in my dreams all the money that is MJ, but the first thing I do when I'm going to see a doctor is to ask for your reputation, and a man as suspicious as Michael was not aware of all these things, but I do not I think this is garbage
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    Jackson Doc Was Under Investigation Before
    Originally posted Jul 8th 2009 10:55 PM PDT by TMZ Staff

0708_conrad_murray_ex_ap-1.jpg

Dr. Conrad Murray -- the doctor who was at Michael Jackson's home the day he died -- was once under investigation for an alleged botched surgery.

In 2007, Dr. Murray drained fluid from the heart of a 67-year-old Las Vegas patient. The patient died after surgery. According to the coroner's investigation report, his wife was told by one of the docs her husband's heart was punctured during the procedure -- so she complained to the coroner's office.

The investigation report confirms that, during Dr. Murray's surgery, the patient suffered a puncture to the right ventricle of his heart, which was eventually listed as one of four causes of death on the autopsy report.

We spoke to the family, who told us they wanted to file a malpractice suit but it was too expensive -- in part because pursuing that kind of legal action requires testimony from another medical expert, and that costs a lot of money.

Altogether, the suit proved to be too much trouble and the family stayed quiet ... until now.

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2009/07/09/jackson-d<!-- m --> ... on-before/
  • The today's article says "Months after MJ's death, LAPD detectives spoke with Gerard White -- whose father died 6 days after Dr. Murray operated on his heart in Las Vegas back in 2007."

The TMZ article about Gerard White is posted on July 9, 2009, which isn't exactly "months" after MJ's death, is it? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> Weird..

This article emphasizes the unfair legal system in the US. Doctors can protect themselves against lawsuits by insurances, which they mostly can afford, whereas patients usually can't afford lawsuits and legal insurance is way too expensive. So you might say that quite some lawsuits go down the drain and the doctor is protected and continues his practicing. Sad.
  • The today's article says "Months after MJ's death, LAPD detectives spoke with Gerard White -- whose father died 6 days after Dr. Murray operated on his heart in Las Vegas back in 2007." The TMZ article about Gerard White is posted on July 9, 2009, which isn't exactly "months" after MJ's death, is it? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> Weird..
    Doctors can protect themselves against lawsuits by insurances, which they mostly can afford, whereas patThis article emphasizes the unfair legal system in the US. ients usually can't afford lawsuits and legal insurance is way too expensive. So you might say that quite some lawsuits go down the drain and the doctor is protected and continues his practicing. Sad.

Wow, wow, wow, wait a minute. Not so fast darlin. Again blaming on US legal system NOT knowing legal system, nor insurance industry, nor obviously understanding the meaning of this part, then better don't generalize and rush writing.
    Since I grew up in different country and the legal system was my specialty, now I have been living in the USA long enough to compare countries legal systems,I will tell you for sure the US legal system is not ideal but better and much less corruptive.
    Doctors in this country have to have insurance for errors they may have during practice, same as lawyers, and other professionals. The article says that there was not enough evidence for lawyers to pursue the case.The client, White in this case, did not have to pay upfront to lawyers. But if they lose, then White should pay lawyers fees of course. If White did not have money to pay lawyers salary, it is not the US legal system's fault, it is White's personal problem.
  • Dr. Murray Dodged Wrongful Death Lawsuit in 2007

Unread postby ~Souza~ » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:36 am
    50 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Michael Jackson wasn't the first patient to die while in Dr. Murray's care -- in fact, TMZ has learned MJ investigators spoke with the son of a former Murray patient who BLAMES the doc for killing his dad in a botched surgery.

Months after MJ's death, LAPD detectives spoke with Gerard White -- whose father died 6 days after Dr. Murray operated on his heart in Las Vegas back in 2007.

White told investigators Murray not only botched the surgery and ripped a hole in his dad's heart -- but he failed to recognize obvious, tell-tale signs that his patient was fatally wounded.

Gerard told investigators he and his family contacted a lawyer to go after Dr. Murray -- but they couldn't find an attorney who would take the case because there wasn't enough money to be made.

Gerard also said that after his father died, Murray did "exactly what he's doing in the Jackson case" ... because he never attempted to speak with his family members about the situation.

Murray's rep tell TMZ Gerard's story is "hearsay and totally unsubstantiated."

The rep adds, "Murray has medical insurance for lawsuits. If an attorney thought Gerard White had a case he surely could have been paid. The fact that White couldn’t find a lawyer to take the case tells me White's claims most likely had no merit."

Hmmmmm...I would like to know the intimate details of this...not defending Murry ...just know there is always TWO sides to every story.
    Can't wait for the trial to start...MAN I hope I get it on my crappy cable. lol
  • AND JUST WHY IS THIS NOT BEING BLASTED ALL OVER THE INTERNET AND THE MEDIA? DAMN, I’VE NEVER HEARD THIS BEFORE. ANY AND EVEY LITTLE THING THEY CAN SAY TO DEMEAN MICHAEL IS OUT THERE PRONTO PRESTO. WHAT A WORLD WE LIVE IN. THIS PISSES ME OFF <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: --> <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: -->
  • The today's article says "Months after MJ's death, LAPD detectives spoke with Gerard White -- whose father died 6 days after Dr. Murray operated on his heart in Las Vegas back in 2007." The TMZ article about Gerard White is posted on July 9, 2009, which isn't exactly "months" after MJ's death, is it? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> Weird..
    Doctors can protect themselves against lawsuits by insurances, which they mostly can afford, whereas patThis article emphasizes the unfair legal system in the US. ients usually can't afford lawsuits and legal insurance is way too expensive. So you might say that quite some lawsuits go down the drain and the doctor is protected and continues his practicing. Sad.

Wow, wow, wow, wait a minute. Not so fast darlin. Again blaming on US legal system NOT knowing legal system, nor insurance industry, nor obviously understanding the meaning of this part, then better don't generalize and rush writing.
    Since I grew up in different country and the legal system was my specialty, now I have been living in the USA long enough to compare countries legal systems,I will tell you for sure the US legal system is not ideal but better and much less corruptive.
    Doctors in this country have to have insurance for errors they may have during practice, same as lawyers, and other professionals. The article says that there was not enough evidence for lawyers to pursue the case.The client, White in this case, did not have to pay upfront to lawyers. But if they lose, then White should pay lawyers fees of course. If White did not have money to pay lawyers salary, it is not the US legal system's fault, it is White's personal problem.

First of all I do not have the intention to offend anyone. Yet this is a forum, on which we are free to express our opinion. I admit I should have added JMHO in my post, just to make clear that this is my personal opinion based on information I got from the news on the internet, newspaper articles about international legal systems and opinions of friends who live in the US. Although my words “unfair legal system” were missing some nuance, they were meant to make a statement about the equality or inequality of class justice. I surely didn’t mean to prejudice. JMHO.
  • AND JUST WHY IS THIS NOT BEING BLASTED ALL OVER THE INTERNET AND THE MEDIA? DAMN, I’VE NEVER HEARD THIS BEFORE. ANY AND EVEY LITTLE THING THEY CAN SAY TO DEMEAN MICHAEL IS OUT THERE PRONTO PRESTO. WHAT A WORLD WE LIVE IN. THIS PISSES ME OFF

I'm sorry you're mad....but your post made me laugh out loud!!!

I came across that info somewhere on the net months ago dude or dudette.
    not laughing AT you just at you comment....I feel your pain...lol

I have felt like and have made some flaming mad posts in my time too...hahaha
    I bet we'd both be laughing if we came across one of them somewhere
    out there on the 'net.
  • So, let's get this straight:

Is Murray a cardiologist or a cardiovascular surgeon????

There is a difference!
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891

<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> poor murray forgot how to do CPR in the middle of the surgery? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> I bet he asked nurses in the room if they know how to CPR <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • AND JUST WHY IS THIS NOT BEING BLASTED ALL OVER THE INTERNET AND THE MEDIA? DAMN, I’VE NEVER HEARD THIS BEFORE. ANY AND EVEY LITTLE THING THEY CAN SAY TO DEMEAN MICHAEL IS OUT THERE PRONTO PRESTO. WHAT A WORLD WE LIVE IN. THIS PISSES ME OFF

I'm sorry you're mad....but your post made me laugh out loud!!!

I came across that info somewhere on the net months ago dude or dudette.
    not laughing AT you just at you comment....I feel your pain...lol

I have felt like and have made some flaming mad posts in my time too...hahaha
    I bet we'd both be laughing if we came across one of them somewhere
    out there on the 'net.
    <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> caught me so off guard. It’s really hilarious when you really think about it. But Jeez, it just really angers me how freely they let go of every semblance of humanity when the target is MJ, anybody else, maybe a blurb. the world is crazy. I’ll never understand <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • the world is crazy. I’ll never understand <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

Yeeeeeeeee!! Glad you are not offended...the world IS a crazy place
    Iso agree....also about the blurb anyone else would get.
    Oddly here even on CNN to me they have not been mentioning any of
    this at all. Like it is yesterdays news or something.

THIS is the one thing that has always weirded me out.
    The ultimate WTH thing.
    And the phone calls....precious time wasted!
  • It reminds me of how they brought up MJ's past false molestation accusations from 1993 during the 2005 trial and now they are doing it with Conrad.
  • becca26becca26 Posts: 789
    This can't be true, this is getting more nuts by the second.....back to my padded cell. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • GINAFELICIAGINAFELICIA Posts: 6,506
    So........Murray is a surgeon too <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> ?!
    Noooooo.....
    But puncture is not real surgery I think <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • Again, I will repeat myself so you will see the lack of logic to the story:
    So, let's get this straight:

There is a difference!

Chances are Murray is one or the other, not both. So, which is it???
  • sk2001sk2001 Posts: 238
    I think someone took the game 'operation' a lil too seriously :$
    <!-- m -->http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.html/ref= ... B00000DMFM<!-- m -->

real doctors act more real and professional and know CPR
  • Would you think Michael, whom is an intelligent human being, would hire a man without doing any investigation first? I am sure he wouldn't have launched himself with a cardiologist who had botched a open heart surgery.
  • Again, I will repeat myself so you will see the lack of logic to the story:
    So, let's get this straight:

There is a difference!

Chances are Murray is one or the other, not both. So, which is it???

I believe if Dr Murray is doing surgery that would technically make him a cardiovascular surgeon. Especially if he is leading the surgery, which the story intimates.

The comment from the poster relating this to Michael's 2005 trial where they drug in accusations from 1993 are really possible as I believe we are seeing a parallel to 2005. When I see the name Gerard White I think of Ryan White - just the name of course.

So, BLAME is capitalized. ...it has to have meaning.

Blessings.
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    BLAME carries LAME.