May 9, 2011: Opening statements begin

2»

Comments

• backstagerbackstager Posts: 291
    This will definitely be televised, right?

I tried to connect it with different scenarios in Michael's and Murray's life, and didn't get much.

As for the May 9, 2005 I only found this statement: "As the Defence started its first full week of presenting their case, current and ex-employees of Neverland Valley ranch took the stand yesterday to defend Michael Jackson and testify about the Arvizo family."...apparently, it was day 48 of Michael's trial.

And last year on May 9, TMZ found Murray at Joel Olsteen's church.

I don't know if it's significant or not, but I thought I'd just add it in.
  • This will definitely be televised, right?

I tried to connect it with different scenarios in Michael's and Murray's life, and didn't get much.

As for the May 9, 2005 I only found this statement: "As the Defence started its first full week of presenting their case, current and ex-employees of Neverland Valley ranch took the stand yesterday to defend Michael Jackson and testify about the Arvizo family."...apparently, it was day 48 of Michael's trial.

And last year on May 9, TMZ found Murray at Joel Olsteen's church.

I don't know if it's significant or not, but I thought I'd just add it in.

I'm just going to state my theory about the significance, if there is even any, of the start date of this trial, and the same date in 2005. "As the Defense started its first full week of presenting their case"... THEIR case. For the first couple of months, most of what was presented in the trial was mainly through the prosecutions point of view. Rarely did we ever hear the Defenses point of view, so this could have been a turning point - forgive me, I'm not quite sure because I'm a bit wobbily with keeping track of that particular timeline. But if it was, then that could somewhat be translated as the REAL trial happening. The real, actual truth, and none of Sneddon/Arvisos distorted mess. Michael and the defense could present their facts, and thus, the jury getting to see the real thing. Murrays trial, viewed through the hoax point of view, is really 2005 all over again. An innocent (black) man accused of something he never did, despite being beaten down by the media and the public. In the end, it's Michaels proof of how easily people can be mainpulated by the media. So techinically this is ALSO the beginning of Michaels trial.
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    I'm trying to understand what I missed. How does it bring the closing of the trial closer? How do we know the trial will last 60 days? What if it lasts longer than 60 days, a couple of months, a year? I would be appreciated if someone could explain this to me.

Maybe that's a misunderstanding? The 60 days were mentioned in many articles, but not concerning the length of the trial, but Murrays right to have a speedy trial within 60 days of his arraignment.

In many articles it was mentioned that they expect the trial to last approximately six weeks. So the delay brings us a bit closer to July.

Thank you so much for explaining it to me. Now I get it. Thank you. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    In May of 2005 was being carried out the trial of Michael