Michael Jackson's children already 'over' his death

allforloveallforlove Posts: 299
edited January 1970 in News
Michael Jackson's children already 'over' his death

Michael Jackson's children are ‘over’ his death, according to their aunty La Toya Jackson.

Far from wallowing, the three kids are thriving thanks to their new way of life which involves attending school for the first time and not covering their faces with masks.

The singer says Prince, 14, Paris, 13, and Blanket, nine, appear to have come to terms with their loss by listening to dad’s classics and are helping her overcome her own grief.

‘They’re doing very well, children are so resilient, I’m so proud of them,’ said the 54-year-old.

‘They help me a great deal with my brother. I couldn’t listen to the music, I couldn’t listen to the songs, but if they can get over it then I have to too.’

The children are cared for by their grandmother, Jackson clan matriarch Katherine, 80.

La Toya said their situation was ‘absolutely’ better than their sheltered past.

She said: ‘They have gone to school and they really like it, so I’m very happy for them. It’s taught them something totally different about people and life. They’re just enjoying themselves.’

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/showbiz/860823-michael-jacksons-children-already-over-his-death#ixzz1JUE6ctcU
La Toya said their situation was ‘absolutely’ better than their sheltered past.

How can she say such a thing about her brother? Michael was and still is a very good father to his children.He always did the best he could to protect them and for very good reason as we now know. Even more reason to believe this is all a hoax because to say this is very offensive.

Comments

• angelshadowangelshadow Posts: 8,257
    @ allforlove
    I think the same.
    That makes me sad to read, very sad.

Michael is a wonderful father, no doubt, and he has really done his best.This quote from Latoya's not right.
    Yes, again a reason to think it was a hoax.
  • ForstAMoonForstAMoon Posts: 1,126
    How can she say such a thing about her brother? Michael was and still is a very good father to his children.He always did the best he could to protect them and for very good reason as we now know. Even more reason to believe this is all a hoax because to say this is very offensive.

We do not know if this is what she said.

"...just because it's in print doesn't mean it's the gospel"
  • How can she say such a thing about her brother? Michael was and still is a very good father to his children.He always did the best he could to protect them and for very good reason as we now know. Even more reason to believe this is all a hoax because to say this is very offensive.

ForstAMoon i think you are right <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> , but at the same time in their interviews the whole family were always saying that "Children are fine, good, very well, very good". So i don't know <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
    My father died 11 years ago, whenever i think about him it brings tears to my eyes. <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> It's not even 2 whole years since Michael "died", how can they "get over" it so fast? Not possible.
    So i guess this is another clue <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • allforloveallforlove Posts: 299

I'm sorry you are right ForstAMoon. I should have said IF she said this and Michael was dead this would be very offensive.
  • angelshadowangelshadow Posts: 8,257

This is true, of course!
    Moreover, it is again a point for the hoax.
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    I think we are really beginning to pass the test. I started to fall right into this one with a comment, and then I thought, who says that's what she said. If Michael is watching, he would certainly be happy to know that we have grown and we are no longer taking what tabloids say at face value. Reading between the lines and thinking outside the box. So I have to think that this is a misquote and that LaToya didn't say this they way it is being reported. Taken out of context.
  • HeartbreakerHeartbreaker Posts: 8,644

These are my thoughts also. I believe it when I hear and see it from La Toyas mouth.
  • Lovely OneLovely One Posts: 430
    I agree with you guys. I think that Latoya may have said that the children are doing fine and that
    tabloid decided to SPIN what she said to make it look like they are better off!!!
    This is downright cruel of this article to twist her words because I am quite sure that Latoya
    would never mean this as harshly as it sounds. Shame on them!

On a further note, the real reason that the children are doing so well is that they are spending
    time with Michael . It wouldn't be hard to get over a death that wasn't real. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

(Forgive me if I sound harsh)
  • DoDo Posts: 850
    La Toya was in a dutch talkshow in april 2010 and when she was asked how the children were doing, she told that they only cried at the hospital on june 25 and that they haven't cried since <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->
  • mumof3mumof3 Posts: 1,973
    It's strange if latoya did say this and for what reason but I have to say if you love someone and they die you never ever get over it you get used to it but that is if it really happened
  • GINAFELICIAGINAFELICIA Posts: 6,506
    They are over it and they listent o his classics? Well when your father was murderes and the criminal walks free I really don't understand how they and the whole Jackson family could be over it.

Isn't it strange that we as fans can't get over it but they can?!

If this is true it is indeed very sad.
  • DancerDancer Posts: 1,225
    I hope she didn't really say that. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • mumof3mumof3 Posts: 1,973
    My mum died 14 years ago and you never get over it so if she did say this and this is not a hoax they are cold words
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    To me this shows the hoax, because when someone really dies people mostly talk good of the person in reverence. Consistently through these 2 years, interviewers ask for feelings of grief from the Jacksons, and consistently the Jacksons have been so casual with no real signs of sadness. She's also adding a bit of drama just like Katherine just did about John Branca.
  • Look, I just lost my cousin from brain cancer, he passed away last week. He was 54, I was very close to him, extremely close just like a brother. We did everything together when we were young, so there is no way in hell that I will recover soon from his death. My cousin has suffered tremendously from the cancer, he lost his vision, lost his speach due to the brain cancer. How can she say all of this about her brother? How can these children got over the father's death? What was he an old shoe that wasn't useful anymore, so let's toss it away who cares we can buy other shoes. Can you buy another father? NO. So this means Michael is alive, and the children know about it. I have patients that are children the same age as Prince, Paris and Blanket and they have a hard time to get over a death of a parent. You can tell me not all children are the same! I agree, but how ironic that the 3 siblings all got over the death at the same time, aren't they different? Michael is alive and that's why they are giving us all these clues. blessings.
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    Look, I just lost my cousin from brain cancer, he passed away last week. He was 54, I was very close to him, extremely close just like a brother. We did everything together when we were young, so there is no way in hell that I will recover soon from his death. My cousin has suffered tremendously from the cancer, he lost his vision, lost his speach due to the brain cancer. How can she say all of this about her brother? How can these children got over the father's death? What was he an old shoe that wasn't useful anymore, so let's toss it away who cares we can buy other shoes. Can you buy another father? NO. So this means Michael is alive, and the children know about it. I have patients that are children the same age as Prince, Paris and Blanket and they have a hard time to get over a death of a parent. You can tell me not all children are the same! I agree, but how ironic that the 3 siblings all got over the death at the same time, aren't they different? Michael is alive and that's why they are giving us all these clues. blessings.
    Sorry for your loss......I too have lost my mother, I was 15 yo, and she was only 45 when she died......Its been 30 years now since she died, and I'm still not "over it". You never get over it....you learn to live again, without them in your life...
  • Look, I just lost my cousin from brain cancer, he passed away last week. He was 54, I was very close to him, extremely close just like a brother. We did everything together when we were young, so there is no way in hell that I will recover soon from his death. My cousin has suffered tremendously from the cancer, he lost his vision, lost his speach due to the brain cancer. How can she say all of this about her brother? How can these children got over the father's death? What was he an old shoe that wasn't useful anymore, so let's toss it away who cares we can buy other shoes. Can you buy another father? NO. So this means Michael is alive, and the children know about it. I have patients that are children the same age as Prince, Paris and Blanket and they have a hard time to get over a death of a parent. You can tell me not all children are the same! I agree, but how ironic that the 3 siblings all got over the death at the same time, aren't they different? Michael is alive and that's why they are giving us all these clues. blessings.
    Sorry for your loss......I too have lost my mother, I was 15 yo, and she was only 45 when she died......Its been 30 years now since she died, and I'm still not "over it". You never get over it....you learn to live again, without them in your life...

to both of you dear ones i am so sorry for the loss of your loved ones. i pray that you will find God's peace in these situations .God Bless Your Hearts

Sorry for your loss, you are absolutely right you will never get over a loss of a parent, yes life goes on, but how can you forget and move on after not even 2 yrs your father has passed? Well we know he didn't
  • allforloveallforlove Posts: 299
    You never really get over the loss of someone you loved, certainly not over the loss of a parent.
    How can they happenly go on with their lives when there isn't a day that goes by without hearing or reading something about their father.
    All these interviews, the tributes. Maybe there are protected by all the things that are written on the internet but they will hear things at school.
    How about the release of the new album and these computergames etc. And they never shed a tear when talking about him? The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced this proves one more time it's all one big HOAX!
    <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->

I have no idea what to say to both of you...but I am sorry for your loss.
  • MashMikeMashMike Posts: 1,312
    Jeez, again La Toya and her # pointless and inappropriate comments, <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> how could she say such athing? Michael was the best father, he did his best to shield his kids' worlds, he gave them everything, La Toya should watch her mouth before making such kind of pointless comments <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
    <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->

I have no idea what to say to both of you...but I am sorry for your loss.

Thank you dear, very much appreciated, when some one dies there are no words to console a person. They have to grieve the person into their own terms, and what Latoya said makes me so angry because Michael was a good father and for most a father to those kids, he was not an old pair of jeans you can toss feel bad for a day and go buy a new pair. Hypothetical speaking, imagine if he is dead how can you just forget about the death? It is your parent. That's why he did fake his death. The children know the father is alive and well. blessings
  • It's okay you guys - siblings have their opinons of eachother too - doesn't mean there is no love. Parents sometimes say things about their own kids, kids about their parents, siblings will say things about eachother...we shouldn't get overly critical and paint someone in a bad light because everything they have said regarding Michael was not 100% nice. I'm sure Michael himself in his own moments have had opinions of people he did not like, or has said something not too positive about someone...even in his own family. It's natural! <!-- sargue/ -->argue/<!-- sargue/ --> <!-- sbearhug -->bearhug<!-- sbearhug -->
  • GINAFELICIAGINAFELICIA Posts: 6,506
    I will never understand how someone can be over Michael Jackson's death.
  • I also think that we tend to forget - when you are asked the same old questions again and again and again...after a while, after the crying in private...you ARE able to appear before cameras, as THOUGH unsensitive, as THOUGH unmoved. You can't expect every single shot to reveal a broken down, crying family. We have to remember that those moments captured interviews can, and are often done/taken more than once, like how non-live-broadcasted interviews are. After so many times of doing the question and answering again and again to perfection, it is impossible to show your raw emotions. You get tired. They are only people after all.
    When our loved ones pass away, yes we DO cry. we DO break down. But after a while, after months and years go by - we MUST have some composure over ourselves and show that we ARE moving forward. And moving forward and doing better in our lives does not at all mean that we love the one that passed away, any less. We still love them the same, sometimes even more. But we do have obligations, one of them being to LIVE...to carry on...so if someone does not seem as torn down and shattered after the passing of a loved one - we have to remember that they have their own private time to do all that, unloading of sorrow. It's just we are not there to see it when it happens...