11/05/2011 ... Earthquake in Spain !

mac5kmac5k Posts: 338
edited January 1970 in News
The last one was in Japan on the 11th of March ... <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> coincidence <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->

MADRID — Two earthquakes struck southeast Spain in quick succession Wednesday, killing at least 10 people, injuring dozens and causing major damage to buildings, officials said. It was the highest quake-related death toll in Spain in more than 50 years.

The epicenter of the quakes – with magnitudes of 4.4 and 5.2 – was close to the town of Lorca, and the second came about two hours after the first, an official with the Murcia regional government said on condition of anonymity in line with department policy.

Dozens of injured people were being treated at the scene and a field hospital was set up in the town of about 85,000 people, officials said. About 270 patients at a hospital in Lorca were being evacuated by ambulance as a precaution after the building sustained minor damage, the Murcia regional government said.

The Spanish prime minister's office put the death toll at 10 and the Murcia administration said the deaths included a minor and occurred with the second, stronger quake.

Large chunks of stone and brick fell from the facade of a church in Lorca as a reporter for Spanish state TV was broadcasting live from the scene. A large church bell was also among the rubble, which missed striking the reporter, who appeared to be about 30 feet (9 meters) away when it fell. The broadcaster reported that schoolchildren usually gather at that spot around that time, and if it had happened 10 minutes later, a "tragedy" could have occurred.

Spanish TV showed images of cars that were partially crushed by falling rubble, and large cracks in buildings. Nervous groups of residents gathered in open public places, talking about what happened and calling relatives and friends on their cell phones. An elderly woman appeared to be in shock and was seated in a chair as people tried to calm her.

"I felt a tremendously strong movement, followed by a lot of noise, and I was really frightened," the newspaper El Pais quoted another Lorca resident Juani Avellanada as saying. It did not give her age.

Yet another resident, Juana Ruiz, said her house split open with the quake and "all the furniture fell over," according to El Pais.

Many residents decided to spend the night camped out in parks and other open spaces, fearing aftershocks and because of structural damage to their homes, according to state TV footage.

Comments

• SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    Weird weird weird weird. Can anyone help me out? When we discussed one of the other earthquakes (probably Haiti), someone mentioned a possible earthquake in Spain, doe anyone remember this?

It's aweful and frightening to see this happening. What next? Earthquake in flat Holland?

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• The last one was in Japan on the 11th of March ... coincidence

Although I wholeheartedly hope it is a coincidence I'm starting to believe it is not, considering the facts mentioned below. These disasters occurred around May 11, 2011. Personally I'm not a doom thinker, in fact I'm a chronic positive thinker, but we can't simply ignore these facts. Yet, I don't let fear take over me.

Fact: Climate change sweeps over African nation of Namibia with devastating results: May 11, 2011.

Fact: Italy’s Mount Etna erupts again: May 12, 2011

Fact: Double quakes topple buildings in Spain- 12 dead: May 11, 1011.

Fact: Montana braces for round of record flooding: May 11, 2011

Fact: 22 feared dead in landslide in China: May 10, 2011
    <!-- m -->http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-13335817<!-- m -->

Fact: Spasm: powerful series of quakes ripple through Loyalty Islands and beyond: May 10, 2011.
    <!-- m -->http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011 ... tion=world<!-- m -->

Atomic Apple: Fear or embracing the hope of something better?
    Posted on May 11, 2011 by The Extinction Protocol

Core Dynamics: It has all come full circle. All of sudden, The Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil doesn’t look as appealing as the snake said it did. Hard to believe our first parents chose it over Life — because now that knowledge is precipitating ‘fear’ in the masses and some people don’t want to know what’s coming so they can get on with the business of ‘living life.’ Maybe we’re all supposed to know this now and finally look at ourselves long and hard in the mirror for the choices we’ve made; individually and collectively. We’re living in the post-modern technical existential Age and maybe here’s the time when we get to the hilltop, look back over the path we trod and wonder if we’re now closer to life or annihilation. That’s what you call a fall – from infinity to divisibility- did a split with God result in a split of the atom? It’s now time for our close-up as Cecil B. DeMille would say. We’ll never get to the splendor in the next world until we get pass ourselves in this one. Never in human history has a world been in more need of our comfort, love and ministry of healing. This is the cross-roads of Earth and human history and these Earthchanges will challenge us to look up and outside self to define what is either a rational universe or a world suspended in the grips of madness that is now slipping through our fingers like sand. Conversely, it will also make us ponder what fate we possess in either. Our significance is this time in not diminished by our visceral assessment of the planet in all its ubiquitous splendor and with all the ominous threats now exposed by the dimensions of technology. The reality is we’re more mortal than we ever hallucinated we were gods. We’ve pushed the threshold and wanted to embrace the final frontier, not taking in account what horrors were lurking out there for us in cold space. We wanted what was behind door number 2 despite what we already held firmly in our hands. Perhaps the sunset of adolescent in us is at hand and suddenly we’re realizing the world is a much larger, scarier place than the few blocks we discovered as a child wandering on a tricycle or what science-fiction novels glazed it over to be. Maybe it’s not fear at all; maybe it’s just called growing up.

<!-- m -->http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com/<!-- m -->
  • This is not good. I hope everyone will be safe in Spain.. God protect them.
  • mac5kmac5k Posts: 338
    I agree with you Souza ... very very weird ...
    1rst one in Japan was on the 11th of March ... The second one in Japan was on the 11th of April and now the last one yesterday was on the 11th of May ... It means an earthquake every month ...
    What will happen on the 11th of June ? <!-- serrrr -->errrr<!-- serrrr -->
    Let me add the earthquake in Haiti happened on the 12th of January ... <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
  • lilwendylilwendy Posts: 788
    Weird weird weird weird. Can anyone help me out? When we discussed one of the other earthquakes (probably Haiti), someone mentioned a possible earthquake in Spain, doe anyone remember this?

It's aweful and frightening to see this happening. What next? Earthquake in flat Holland?

Is this what you are talking about Souza?

<!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=48&t=8566&p=141673#p141673<!-- l -->

Note the date... 11 again.
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400

Is this what you are talking about Souza?

<!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=48&t=8566&p=141673#p141673<!-- l -->

Note the date... 11 again.

I must be getting old... Did I post that myself? <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->

Yes, weird weird weird, I have no other words.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    ~Souza~ wrote:

Last year, I do not remember exactly, said in some news that an earthquake had happened in Spain, was a lie .. is in any part of this forum! shit! I have a fear of everything that is happening, the next presidential election year here and the polls Chavez won by not going to pass something here.
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    ~Souza~ wrote:

Last year, I do not remember exactly, said in some news that an earthquake had happened in Spain, was a lie .. is in any part of this forum! shit! I have a fear of everything that is happening, the next presidential election year here and the polls Chavez won by not going to pass something here.

I remember Paula!!! Oh boy yes I even checked myself it was.....weird <!-- sconfused/ -->confused/<!-- sconfused/ -->
    Geologists warn of a possible destructive earthquake in Spain

Spain could suffer a major earthquake, similar to the lived in 1884.
    2011-02-28

The President of the College official of Geologists (ICOG), Luis Suárez, has warned that although Spain does not live a "particularly intense earthquakes" moment, a destructive earthquake could come soon, "in the not too distant future".

Thus, pointed to Europa Press that according to statistics, Spain is a destructive earthquake every 70 years and that the last took place in 1884, being areas of Andalusia and Murcia, risk within that Spain is located in an area of moderate seismicity.Suárez has reminded that the tectonic plates that are located under the Earth are in continuous movement and that when two plates collide originates a flaw, which releases large amount of energy, producing an earthquake.

"Today still do not have instruments to know precisely when it will cause an earthquake that is resorted to historical statistics", has been added.

Thus, the President of the geologists stated that the last major earthquake occurred on December 25, 1884 at Arenas del Rey (Granada), with a magnitude of between 6.5 and 6.7 degrees on the Richter scale. On that occasion 900 people were killed, 2,000 injured and destroyed more than 1,000 houses and since then, according to Suarez "almost every day there are micro-terremotos in the peninsular South but none relevant, since they do not usually exceed 4 degrees on the Richter scale".

By area, explained that the South of the Iberian Peninsula is located over an area of between the Eurasian plate and the plate subduction African, still in the Middle plate of the Alboran Sea, concentrating the highest rate of earthquakes. In addition, specifically areas of higher risk are the provinces of Malaga, Almeria, Granada and Murcia
    but also in the Pyrenees, between Navarre and Huesca.

On the other hand, indicated that the largest earthquake in Spain occurred in Torrevieja (Alicante) in 1829, it had a magnitude of 6.9 degrees on the Richter scale and left 400 dead. In the last 600 years, there have been a dozen earthquakes of great magnitude in Spain.

In any case, if it comes to produce an earthquake of this kind, Suárez considers that damages are "inevitable", although it believed that Spain could afford it "with assurances", as in recent years measures have been implemented with rigor can on pillars", beams and walls through stronger armor and reinforcements in the Foundation, it has become" special emphasis "on implementing rules sismorresistententes in the new buildings".

<!-- m -->http://www.libertaddigital.com/ciencia/ ... 276415711/<!-- m -->
    'There should have been no victims'

1305145099_0.jpg

The collapses of buildings produced after the earthquake that has rocked the murcian town of Lorca are due to previous damage to them already that a movement like that, from 5.2 degrees on the Richter scale, does not have sufficient magnitude to produce the so-called "effect collapse".

So says in a statement the President of the Association of geologists, Luis Suárez, who adds that the earthquake has released an energy equivalent to more than 200 tons of TNT.

On the replicas has been going on the first of the earthquakes recorded in the area this afternoon, Suarez said are positive "because they assume that the energy is thin and, in general, avoid earthquakes of greater intensity".

"Murcia, Andalusia and the area of the Levant are seismic risk areas," said Suarez, "and therefore would have to be prepared," said. "An earthquake measuring 5.2 on the Richter scale has the enough intensity to produce effect collapse, so the damage is due to previous damage", he said.

However, the President of the geologists has clarified that the energy released by an earthquake in Lorca is equivalent to more than 200 tons of TNT. With regard to future aftershocks, Suárez, reminded that they are positive because "they assume that the energy is thin and avoid greater intensity earthquakes".

He also recalled that "it is the first time that there are direct death toll from an earthquake in Spain since 1884". "The last important in the area occurred in 2006, with an intensity of 4.8 Richter", added.

Replicas and scaremongering

For its part, the Vice President of the Association of geologists, José Luis Barrera, asked to avoid "to alarm the population" as there is no scientific basis to predict whether the earthquakes that have shaken Lorca (Murcia) will have new mirrors.

"You can't know whether to see replicas, there is no scientific, basis even though statistically they tend to be of lesser magnitude," explained barrier in a statement that warned against the "alarmism".

The fear and chaos caused in the town of Lorca, barrier recommends "stay calm and follow the instructions of Civil protection". It has also warned that the most dangerous are now the damage

Barrera has explained that the most dangerous at the moment are the damage in affected buildings that "may end of destruction is". The ICOG is an institution without lucrative purpose created for the defence and support of the interests of geologists. Its essential purposes, include the management of the activity or exercise of the profession of geologist and exclusive representation and defence of the interests of the same.
    5.2 quake kills 10, topples buildings in Spain (Mediterranean Quake as Predicted?)
    2011 05 11

Compiled by Elizabeth Leafloor | RedIceCreations.com

5.2 quake kills 10, topples buildings in Spain
    By Jorge Guerrero | YahooNews.ca / AFP

A magnitude 5.1 quake killed at least 10 people in southern Spain on Wednesday, sending buildings crashing down as panicked residents fled for their lives.

Ten people perished in the deadliest tremor in Spain in more than five decades, officials said

The quake collapsed fronts of buildings in the southeastern town of Lorca and ripped huge gaps into walls, which slumped into the streets.
    Witnesses reported many injuries.

A church clocktower smashed to the ground and narrowly missed one television reporter as he conducted an interview in the town on Spanish public broadcaster TVE. A bronze bell lay in the rubble.

Television images showed shaken families and children gathering in squares and playgrounds in the town, some weeping and hugging as they sought safety. Masonry and rubble blanketed streets. A corpse lay in the street covered in a rescue blanket.

A line of parked cars lay crushed under tonnes of rubble, photos published in the online edition of El Mundo showed.

The tremor struck at 6:47 pm (1647 GMT) with a depth of 10 kilometres (six miles) and could be felt as far away as the capital Madrid. It hit nearly two hours after a smaller 4.4-magnitude quake.

Ironically, it struck on the same day many residents stayed away from work in the Italian capital Rome fearing a supposed prophecy of a devastating tremor made by a self-taught Italian seismologist who died in 1979.
    A doctor said many people had been hurt in the Spanish quake.

Read the full article at: ca.news.yahoo.com

Amazing coincidence or prophecy proven?

Romans gripped by fear of quake forecast for May 11

For months Italian internet sites, blogs and social networks have been debating the work of Raffaele Bendandi, who claimed to have forecast numerous earthquakes and, according to internet rumours, predicted a "big one" in Rome on May 11.

The national television network RAI has run programmes aimed at calming rising panic among Romans. The civil protection agency has issued statements reiterating the official scientific view that earthquakes can’t be predicted.

Yet many residents of the Eternal City aren’t listening.

"I’m going to tell the boss I’ve got a medical appointment and take the day off," barman Fabio Mengarelli told Reuters. "If I have to die I want to die with my wife and kids, and masses of people will do the same as me."

15326italyearthquakemap_inner.jpg

A. Lorca, Spain, location of 5.2 earthquake, May 11, 2011,
    B. Rome, Italy, location of predicted earthquake for May 11, 2011 by Raffaele Bendandi.
    Is this too close to be a coincidence?
    Image: Google Earth

"Bendandi, who died in 1979 aged 86, believed earthquakes were the result of the combined movements of the planets, the moon and the sun and were perfectly predictable."

Does this new event give weight to Bendandi’s claims?

"According to the London Telegraph, Bendandi has been correct in previous predictions. He made front-page headlines after he predicted the 1915 Avezzano earthquake, which caused 30,000 deaths. His forecast was off by two days and it struck the region of Le Marche."
    Source

The 11th of the month has been making a bad name for itself. Not only did 9/11 unfold on the 11th day of the month, so did the Madrid train bombings on March 11, 2004. The Japanese 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami occurred on March 11, 2011.
    The 7.0 Haiti Earthquake of 2010 missed the date by hours, devastating the country on the 12th of January.

May 11, 12: Most Significant Alignment for 2011 (Video)
    "This Planetary Alignment Watch shows a massive three way alignment involving 6 planets, plus the sun and the moon!"

[youtube:k1jpcmm6]

<!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY-roYPK ... r_embedded<!-- m -->
    intense seismic activity on the rise?
    Costa Rica 6 degrees
    San Cristobal, Venezuela 5 degrees
    May 22, 2011 .. 11 days after May 11. I will be attentive to this date, I hope wrong.
    May 22, 2011
    Tornado slams Joplin, Mo.; Dozens feared dead
    Heavy storms carve path of destruction through much of Midwest, but southwest Missouri appears hardest hit

joplin_mo_tornado_AP110522084695_244x183.jpg

(AP) Updated 2:17 a.m. ET

JOPLIN, Mo. — A massive tornado blasted its way across southwestern Missouri on Sunday, flattening several blocks of homes and businesses in Joplin and leaving residents frantically scrambling through the wreckage. A local official said as many as two dozen people may have been killed by the twister.

Hundreds of windows were blown out St. John's Regional Medical Center, where a few moments' notice gave staff time to hustle patients into hallways before the tornado struck the multistory building. All were quickly evacuated into the parking lot to be moved to other hospitals in the region.

The same storm system that produced the Joplin tornado spawned twisters along a broad swath of the Midwest, from Oklahoma to Wisconsin. At least one person was killed in Minneapolis.

A spokeswoman for the city of Joplin said the death toll could top two dozen, and there were fears that number was low.

Joplin spokeswoman Lynn Onstot was asked early Monday about an earlier report the storm had killed 24 people. She responded grimly that the city is "afraid it may be more. ... Our fear is that's a low number."

Officials struggling to communicate without power and cell phone service have been leery of putting a hard figure on a death toll. The Missouri National Guard is continuing its search for the injured throughout the night.

The storm that hit the city spread debris about 60 miles away, with medical records, X-rays, insulation and other items falling to the ground in Greene County, said Larry Woods, assistant director of the Springfield-Greene County Office of Emergency Management.

Emergency management officials rushed heavy equipment to Joplin to help lift debris and clear the way for search and recovery operations. Gov. Jay Nixon activated the National Guard and declared a state of emergency. Schools in the disaster zoned were flattened or severely damaged.

Phone communications in and out of the city of about 50,000 people about 160 miles south of Kansas City were largely cut off. Travel through and around Joplin was difficult, with Interstate 44 shut down and streets clogged with emergency vehicles and the wreckage of buildings.

On social networking sites, people with ties to Joplin and even those without were calling for prayers for the southwest Missouri city. Some people were quick to post that they and their families are OK, or to get the word out that loved ones are missing or homes were destroyed. Others found themselves without access to phones because of overburdened phone lines, but able to text and use social media.

Jeff Lehr, a reporter for the Joplin Globe, said he was upstairs in his home when the storm hit but was able to make his way to a basement closet.

"There was a loud huffing noise, my windows started popping. I had to get downstairs, glass was flying. I opened a closet and pulled myself into it," he told The Associated Press. "Then you could hear everything go. It tore the roof off my house, everybody's house. I came outside and there was nothing left."

He said people were walking around the streets outside trying to check on neighbors, but in many cases there were no homes to check.

"There were people wandering the streets, all mud covered," he said. "I'm talking to them, asking if they knew where their family is. Some of them didn't know, and weren't sure where they were. All the street markers were gone."

Resident Tom Rogers walked around viewing the damage with his daughter.

"Our house is gone. It's just gone," Rogers told The Joplin Globe. "We heard the tornado sirens for the second time. All of a sudden, everything came crashing down on us. We pulled our heads up and there was nothing. It was gone."

Tornado warnings were posted throughout the evening for other southwestern Missouri counties as the system powered its way east.

In Minneapolis, city spokeswoman Sara Dietrich said the death was confirmed by the Hennepin County medical examiner. She had no other immediate details. Only two of the 29 people injured there were hurt critically.

Though the damage covered several blocks in Minneapolis, it appeared few houses were totally demolished. Much of the damage was to roofs, front porches that had been sheared away, or smaller items such as fences and basketball goals.

In Wisconsin, the mayor of La Crosse declared a state of emergency Sunday after a severe storm hit, tearing roofs from homes and sending emergency responders. No one was seriously injured.

Sunday's storms followed a tornado Saturday night that swept through a small eastern Kansas town, killing one person and destroying at least 20 homes, as severe thunderstorms pelted the region with hail that some residents described as the size of baseballs, authorities said Sunday.

Kansas Division of Emergency Management spokeswoman Sharon Watson identified the victim as Don Chesmore, 53, of Reading. He was in a mobile home that flipped. He was taken to a hospital in Emporia, where he was pronounced dead.

Additional storms were predicted across the southern Plains through Thursday morning.

An advisory from the Storm Prediction Center in Norman, Okla., said warm weather Monday could fuel instability in advance of another weather system. A few tornadoes, some strong, could occur — starting in Oklahoma and southern Kansas in the afternoon and in North Texas in the late afternoon.
  • gwynnedgwynned Posts: 1,361
    Do you have the link/source for that article and photo you posted on the tornado? That photo looks fake to me, but I'd need to see the original to be sure.
    gwynned wrote:

Do you have the link/source for that article and photo you posted on the tornado? That photo looks fake to me, but I'd need to see the original to be sure.

I do not find that link, but here's another

<!-- m -->http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-05-2 ... -1953.html<!-- m -->
    gwynned wrote:

Even better. Check out the photos. How is it that the roads have been completely cleared already? If you suggest they have been buldozed, why is the debris not piled up on the sides.

Credit for the photograph goes to a Julie Denesha. An odd choice. I find that she's based in Prague. Wouldn't there be hundreds of US reporters out there? Another thing. The photos belong to Getty Images. Same as with Arno Bani.

Before I start getting attacked for my insensitivity, I am merely saying the photos are fake. Therefore I don't know how much of the tornado story is real.
  • This tornado definitely occurred. There were many fatalities.
  • gwynned wrote:

Even better. Check out the photos. How is it that the roads have been completely cleared already? If you suggest they have been buldozed, why is the debris not piled up on the sides.

Credit for the photograph goes to a Julie Denesha. An odd choice. I find that she's based in Prague. Wouldn't there be hundreds of US reporters out there? Another thing. The photos belong to Getty Images. Same as with Arno Bani.

Before I start getting attacked for my insensitivity, I am merely saying the photos are fake. Therefore I don't know how much of the tornado story is real.

One of the first things that responders do is clear the roads so they can get through to help victims. Some of the debris isn't very heavy and there are also a lot of local people who will come out and help all they can. People will bring their tractors, bull dozers, backhoes, whatever to remove the large debris that people cannot manually move. These photos aren't fake and people don't make up tornado stories in the US. We get more tornadoes than any other country in the world. They are very real and they are very deadly. This particular tornado did considerable damage to a high school and hospital. It was classified as an EF-5, which is the worst case scenario. Many people were killed in the tornado, and at least 4 more people were killed in tornadoes in neighboring Oklahoma today. In fact, a toddler is still missing in Oklahoma and is feared dead!
    gwynned wrote:

One of the first things that responders do is clear the roads so they can get through to help victims. Some of the debris isn't very heavy and there are also a lot of local people who will come out and help all they can. People will bring their tractors, bull dozers, backhoes, whatever to remove the large debris that people cannot manually move. These photos aren't fake and people don't make up tornado stories in the US. We get more tornadoes than any other country in the world. They are very real and they are very deadly. This particular tornado did considerable damage to a high school and hospital. It was classified as an EF-5, which is the worst case scenario. Many people were killed in the tornado, and at least 4 more people were killed in tornadoes in neighboring Oklahoma today. In fact, a toddler is still missing in Oklahoma and is feared dead!

And your evidence? As to your point about bulldozers, I did address that by saying even if they had used bulldozers to clear the streets, just like when snow is cleared the debris piles up on the edges of the road. I didn't say tornadoes aren't real or even that this tornado didn't happen. I'm saying these photos are fake. I ALSO said they came from the same Getty Studios as Arno Bani.
  • gwynned wrote:

And your evidence? As to your point about bulldozers, I did address that by saying even if they had used bulldozers to clear the streets, just like when snow is cleared the debris piles up on the edges of the road. I didn't say tornadoes aren't real or even that this tornado didn't happen. I'm saying these photos are fake. I ALSO said they came from the same Getty Studios as Arno Bani.

Google it and find the news videos. They show the damage much better than still photos anyway. You may even be able to find the same patch of road from the photo in question in the news coverage. I know for a fact that the Joplin tornado occurred, and I have no reason not to believe those photos are real. I already saw enough of the carnage on the news and am not interested in having to look at the damage again. It isn't my job to provide evidence anyway. You could probably contact the author of the news article and ask them to provide evidence that the photos are real. Forgive me if I'm agitated about this, but I just spent an hour in my own storm cellar today as a tornado came within miles from my house. This is the second close call that I have had in the last year. The last one came within 1000-1200 feet from my house. I lost several tree limbs in that one and had debris from someone else's home in my yard. People in this part of the US just don't fake severe weather damage. We experience the real thing far too often so there is no need to fake it.

Google it and find the news videos. They show the damage much better than still photos anyway. You may even be able to find the same patch of road from the photo in question in the news coverage. I know for a fact that the Joplin tornado occurred, and I have no reason not to believe those photos are real. I already saw enough of the carnage on the news and am not interested in having to look at the damage again. It isn't my job to provide evidence anyway. You could probably contact the author of the news article and ask them to provide evidence that the photos are real. Forgive me if I'm agitated about this, but I just spent an hour in my own storm cellar today as a tornado came within miles from my house. This is the second close call that I have had in the last year. The last one came within 1000-1200 feet from my house. I lost several tree limbs in that one and had debris from someone else's home in my yard. People in this part of the US just don't fake severe weather damage. We experience the real thing far too often so there is no need to fake it.

I could find you videos - from NBC no less - that appear fake. Why they would display fake footage, I can only guess. However, to dismiss my evidence of fake footage out of hand just because tornadoes do happen is not true investigation - merely assertion.

Check out Al Roker fumbling for words in front of what is clearly a green screen. (Disclaimer: I repeat. I did NOT say there was no tornado or no damage. I have merely drawn people's attention to what appears to be evidence of media fakery. ) You have merely asserted what we have read in the news. Have we not learned that the media lies? Should we not just be questioning stories about Michael but other matters as well?

<!-- m -->http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp ... 0#43135460<!-- m -->