MJ Estate -- REVENGE Over Famous Crank Call

Yambo3003Yambo3003 Posts: 291
edited January 1970 in News
MJ Estate -- REVENGE Over Famous Crank Call

42 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

The Michael Jackson estate has dropped the hammer on the man who famously crank called MJ in 2007 ... claiming he has NO RIGHT to sell the recording because it contains MJ's REAL voice.

0701-mj-prank-call-audio-launch-ex.jpg

The call was made by legendary prankster Ralphige -- who has fooled the likes of Donald Trump, Paris Hilton, and Chris Brown.

During the MJ call, Ralphige pretended to be Akon ... and he teased Michael about molesting children. MJ claimed Ralphige was NOT talking to the real Michael Jackson ... but merely an impersonator.

Now, the MJ Estate is acknowledging that the King of Pop REALLY WAS was pranked -- because they've threatened to sue Ralphige for selling the recording on his website for 99 cents a pop ... without permission from MJ's camp.

The threat worked -- because Ralphige's site is down ... but the prankster sees a silver lining ... telling us, "The letter, if anything, it at least proves to the doubters that the prank call is real."

He adds, "I am afraid the estate is not aware Michael personally gave me permission to release the phone call. This is something that I am sure will be discussed in the near future."

AUDIO --> <!-- m -->http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk/tm ... e_mj_1.mp3<!-- m -->

Comments

• This is on youtube already so why would people pay for it...also REVENGE is capitalized, but who is getting revenge, I don't understand.
  • Miss.PeppersMiss.Peppers Posts: 998
    [BBvideo 425,350:gaqg1c9e]
  • willddoMJwillddoMJ Posts: 699
    i new it! MJ news juy 1st, now july 4th! soo predicable when news is gna pop up lol <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    How can TMZ claim to have the "exclusive" audio when its been on youtube for years??? Also, this has been discussed many a time on this forum the past two years.
    Hardly an exclusive for TMZ, is it?
  • Billie JBillie J Posts: 250
    [BBvideo 425,350:1gxkjuvx]

This is SO NOT FUNNY!! even if it's not Michael Jackson he is talking too. I wonder if Michael got many of those kind of calls??
    It makes me so mad. <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: -->
  • I don't like prank calls either. I think they are childish, misleading and outright mean most of the time. Michael was so genuinely nice it made me even angrier that the prankster would go down the road of the allegations. He should be ashamed.

I had to chuckle about MJ wanting to buy the biggest diamond - that is so Michael. I was thinking that it didn't sound like someone who was broke...

Interesting that TMZ put that up. I guess we'll have to connect the dots.

Blessings

PS - IF Michael gave that person permission to use the video and now the Estate is going after that person...does that mean that Michael and the Estate are not in communication?
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    REVENGE-July 4th-fireworks-V for Vendetta

Now do we keep going with this and say 11/5? or is it -V for Vanquish-7/13?
  • [BBvideo 425,350:2wing5y1]

I remember this in '07. They took it off for awhile though. I wish it would've stayed off because its f***ed up. You can tell that MJ knows its not Akon with his questions and you can tell he becomes very skeptical in the first few seconds until he doesn't believe its Akon at all. I'm sure he has had plenty of strange phone calls. But its funny, the voice he uses is the 'white reporter' voice he would use as a kid hahaha.
    I don't think this crank call really bothered him that much, worse has been said to him and about him. The guy doing the prank is nasty and has nothing better to do. How sad...
  • REVENGE-July 4th-fireworks-V for Vendetta

They are definitely promoting [glow=red:2jl9xp41]V[/glow:2jl9xp41] today! I can't wait to see what will happen on 7/13 <!-- sbounce/ -->bounce/<!-- sbounce/ -->
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    Michael never thought it was worth suing anyone over it. The estates is after every damn cent it can get. Doesn’t feel Michaelish to me. To file suit against this person is petty, IMO. Just have them remove it with a warning for heavens sake. <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • Mish1981Mish1981 Posts: 538
    Perhaps it's not about the article itself, look at what capital letters we have collected thus far and what are now capitalized not only in the title of the article but also the words within. Like today's article:

REVENGE
    NO WAY
    MJ'S REAL
    NOT
    REALLY

As I mentioned in another thread I don't think all of the capitals are in order to form a sentence, but perhaps they should all be collected and then deciphered later after TMZ is done capitalizing.
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    Though I hate the part about m children, I love MJ talking the rest of it, sooo cute, and when he changes his voice, to me it sounds like the gateman in the 0V video, and Casketman. Just helps to connect dots which is great! MJ always turns the bad into good! "That's very funny!" he says! Yes the joke is on the whole world--MJ's 'death' prank, but it's all for love, that's the difference. I can see MJ giving the guy permission to air it for free, because MJ knows he has nothing to hide.
    Anyone noticed the headline says "crank" and not "prank"?
    Perhaps it's not about the article itself, look at what capital letters we have collected thus far and what are now capitalized not only in the title of the article but also the words within. Like today's article:

REVENGE
    NO WAY
    MJ'S REAL
    NOT
    REALLY

As I mentioned in another thread I don't think all of the capitals are in order to form a sentence, but perhaps they should all be collected and then deciphered later after TMZ is done capitalizing.

Yeah I saw that too. Wait, but those aren't the right capitalized words?
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    REVENGE-July 4th-fireworks-V for Vendetta

Yes I definitely noticed that too. And if you take the title of the other article "Adam Ant for Vendetta?" and combined the guy's name it would say "Adamant for Vendetta?" then followed by this MJ article with REVENGE. Interesting.
    Also.. the audio TMZ has when you click on the link is only a small part of the conversation... the bit where MJ talks about breaking World records. Hmmmm.......
    REVENGE

NO RIGHT MJ's REAL

MJ MJ NOT

MJ REALLY WAS MJ's

, are the capitalizations per line in the article. I included all the MJs just because I don't know if they count or not, lol, you decide.
  • [BBvideo 425,350:5r3pa4cz]

I remember this in '07. They took it off for awhile though. I wish it would've stayed off because its f***ed up. You can tell that MJ knows its not Akon with his questions and you can tell he becomes very skeptical in the first few seconds until he doesn't believe its Akon at all. I'm sure he has had plenty of strange phone calls. But its funny, the voice he uses is the 'white reporter' voice he would use as a kid hahaha.
    I don't think this crank call really bothered him that much, worse has been said to him and about him. The guy doing the prank is nasty and has nothing better to do. How sad...

<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> I remember that voice too, from one of Jackson's home movies. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • VeryLittleSusieVeryLittleSusie Posts: 1,483
    Hmm.. maybe we should listen to the words MJ says about their cooperation??
    BTW, MJ recognised there's something wrong with this "Akon's" voice....
    OMG, Michael is talkative! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> Nothing can't stop him! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • Mish1981Mish1981 Posts: 538
    Hmm.. maybe we should listen to the words MJ says about their cooperation??
    BTW, MJ recognised there's something wrong with this "Akon's" voice....
    [glow=red:2w3yrqf6]OMG, Michael is talkative! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> Nothing can't stop him![/glow:2w3yrqf6] <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Well that blows MJ out of the water saying in concert and the Sony thing that he hates to talk. <!-- slolol/ -->lolol/<!-- slolol/ -->
  • MashMikeMashMike Posts: 1,312
    honestly, i like the video, the crank call sucks of course , esp the part when that guy talks about molesting kids, it was disgusting and cruel but i absolutely love MJ's voice on the phone, it's so sweet and how gently he was talking to "Akon", it was really cute,and i agree, it aint anything new, we discussed it a long time ago on this forum, and i've even downloaded the video and still have it on my PC
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    The [highlight=#bf0040:28dwhx43]THREAT[/highlight:28dwhx43] and [highlight=#4080ff:28dwhx43]REVENGE[/highlight:28dwhx43] are both in the same article. Who's BAD? <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> <!-- smj_bad/ -->mj_bad/<!-- smj_bad/ -->
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    sorry double post. <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    Michael’s mind is so sharp and he doesn’t appear to forget anything. You can hear it registering every word and picking up on ANYTHING that micght be out of place. It would be extremely hard for anyone to pull the wool over his eyes. No way he sat around and let someone murder him. No way.
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    -"You are your Akon?"
    Akon:
    -"I'm in the air"
    Michael:
    -"Ah are on an airplane?" It is change the intonation and seemed to be someone posing as you. I see.
    [highlight=#ff0000:2ujndw1c]"We are going to do that Akon, are going to impact the world and are going to sell records"[/highlight:2ujndw1c]
    Akon:
    -"If Oprah can we can"
    <!-- smj_bad/ -->mj_bad/<!-- smj_bad/ -->