Michael Jackson tribute concert headliners announcement delayed

13»

Comments

• SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    If he is so honoured to be performing at the tribute, why would he delete those tweets and from his website, if the statement that it was on his website are true?

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• DancerDancer Posts: 1,225
    on 1312663202:
    <br />If he is so honoured to be performing at the tribute, why would he delete those tweets and from his website, if the statement that it was on his website are true?<br />
    I have no idea. Sometimes I suspect that the tribute is already cancelled and that this is the reason he deleted it. We'll have to wait and see - I wouldn't be surprised if there is an announcement soon by the family or by Global Live Events saying there will be no  family tribute.
  • What a fiasco!  lolol/<br /><br />I'm sorry, but I keep thinking of 'Bo Selecta' when I hear Craig David's name.  rr/<br /><br />I have to confess he used to make me laugh doing the Michael Jackson impressions...... :oops:  moonwalk_/
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    Another trail in this web is connecting from American Idol via Elvis to Michael:<br />American Idol - CKx:<br />
    it began building a stake in the image rights of boxer Muhammad Ali, now at an 80% level. In 2005, it bought British company 19 Entertainment from Simon Fuller, who subsequently joined the company's board. With the purchase, the company acquired a majority share of the rights to the Idol series, including American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance, as well as Pop Idol in Great Britain and numerous other international versions. Later that year it bought an entertainment agency, with artists on its roster such as Robin Williams, Billy Crystal and Woody Allen. In 2005, the company bought 85% of the rights to the name, image and likeness of Elvis Presley, and the operations of Graceland, from the trust of Lisa Marie Presley.
    <br />http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CKX,_Inc.<br /><br /><br /><br />Priscilla Presley was one of the directors of CKx:<br />http://people.forbes.com/search?ticker=CKXE<br /><br /><br />CKx was sold in 2011 - this gives details of this merger, e.g. Colonel Holdings, Inc., CKx and Apollo Investment Fund VII, L.P.  Goldman Sachs provided debt financing for the deal.<br />http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/may/10/apollo-global-management-buys-ckx<br /><br />http://google.brand.edgar-online.com/EFX_dll/EDGARpro.dll?FetchFilingHtmlSection1?SectionID=8002712-2774-26554&SessionID=AvpnHHsaa9H4MA7<br /><br /><br /><br />Connection to Murdoch:<br />
    CKX has contract with Fox [tbn: for "American Idol"], the network airing the show in the U.S., and FremantleMedia, which produces the show.  Fox already has Idol locked up for season 11, but the parties have to negotiate a contract for the years beyond.
    <br />http://m.ibtimes.com/idol-x-factor-cowell-fox-apollo-165597.html<br /><br /><br /><br />
    Among the most notable companies currently owned by Apollo are Claire's, AMC Entertainment, Caesars Entertainment Corporation, Norwegian Cruise Line, and Realogy.
    <br /> http://m.ibtimes.com/idol-x-factor-cowell-fox-apollo-165597.html<br /><br /><br /><br />Vice President / Senior Partner of Apollo Global Management is Mr. Aaron J. Stone.<br />He has in addition been the Chairman of AMC Entertainment Inc. since March 2, 2009.<br /><br /><br /><br />Who are AMC Entertainment Inc.?<br />
    AMC is the second largest movie theater chain in North America with 5,325 screens and a partner to AEG Live and Sony.<br /><br />On March 28, 2009, AMC announced that it closed on a $315 million deal with Sony to replace all of its movie projectors with digital cinema projectors starting in the second quarter of 2009 and completing in 2012.
    <br />http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMC_Theatres<br /><br /><br /><br />
    American Idol's global record label partner is Universal Music Group while X Factor has a deal with Sony Music Entertainment, which was Idol's record label until 2010.
    <br />http://m.ibtimes.com/idol-x-factor-cowell-fox-apollo-165597.html<br /><br />
  • on 1312561149:
    <br />
    on 1312558460:
    <br /> :lol: <br />I just checked this:<br /> [size=10pt]What is located at the company address of Global Live Events LLP in Bristol?[/size]<br />[size=10pt] A bar with the name "Humbug".[/size]<br /><br /> :lol: :lol: :lol: <br />
    <br /><br />Great find Grace!<br /><br />PT Barnum's definition of a humbug, and it's contrast to that of a swindler:<br /><br />
    Two actors appear as stars at two rival theatres. They are equally talented, equally pleasing. One advertises himself simply as a tragedian, under his proper name - the other boasts that he is a prince, and wears decorations presented by all the potentates of the world, including the "King of the Cannibal Islands." He is correctly set down as a "humbug," while this term is never applied to the other actor.
    Why? Not because he cheats or imposes upon the public, for he does not, but because, as generally understood, "humbug" consists in putting on glittering appearances - outside show - novel expedients, by which to suddenly arrest public attention, and attract the public eye and ear.
    An honest man who arrests public attention will be called a "humbug,"' but he is not a swindler or an impostor. If, however, after attracting crowds of customers by his unique displays, a man foolishly fails to give them a full equivalent for their money, they never patronize him a second time, but they very properly denounce him as a swindler, a cheat, an impostor; they do not, however, call him a "humbug." He fails, not because he advertises his wares in an outre manner, but because, after attracting crowds of patrons, he stupidly and wickedly cheats them. <blockquote></blockquote>P.T. Barnum--"Humbugs of the World"
    <br />
    <br /><br /><br />also according to Webster synonym HUMBUG=<br />an imitation that is passed off as genuine <tests showed that the “old” map of America was a cleverly made humbug><br />Synonyms counterfeit, forgery, [size=12pt]hoax[/size], humbug, phony (also phoney), sham<br />Related Words copycat, knockoff; copy, facsimile, replica, reproduction; dummy, mock-up; fraud, gaff, imposture, spoof, swindle; simulation, synthetic; bastard, brummagem, duffer, shoddy<br />http://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/humbug[noun]&lt;br /><br />A HOAX it is! ;D hint hint
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    on 1312662004:
    <br />No, it was indeed on his twitter, I saved them and posted his tweets on a german forum yesterday:<br /><br />CraigDavid Craig David<br /> Its taking place at Cardiff's Millennium Stadium on October 8th and I cannot wait to honour the greatest artist of all time!<br /> vor 2 Stunden<br /> »<br /> Craig David<br /> CraigDavid Craig David<br /> Buy tickets at www.michaelforevertribute.com !!!<br /> vor 2 Stunden<br /> »<br /> Craig David<br /> CraigDavid Craig David<br /> I am honoured to announce I will be performing alongside some of the world's greatest artists at the MIchael Jackson Tribute Concert....!!<br /> vor 2 Stunden<br /><br /><br />You could also read it in other forums like mjjcommunity and others. The tweets were there. Obviously he deleted them in the meantime.<br />
    <br /><br />This makes it more suspicious to me. If the tribute was going to happen for real, Craig wouldn't delete his tweets. Thank you for the info Dancer.  :mrgreen:
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    Thank you Grace for your hard work!  What a web, and then how does it all relate with the public taking down of Murdock--perhaps that was even a show also. Who knows what is going on on these levels, what to believe and what not in the media. And Michael is definately in there somewhere, but is he powerful or weak person needing their hand up in a comeback. <br /><br />
    # A friend of Michael’s, Gotham Chopra on the 10th July tweets: "Had the most fascinating dinner last night with that guy that runs the world from behind the curtain." View it here: http://twitter.com/GothamChopra<br /># Michael Jackson’s clip of Liberian girl, everywhere he directs everything from behind the curtain. <br />http://centersurgery.info/2011/04/okay-this-sounds-stupid-but-im-really-starting-to-believe-this-whole-mj-death-hoax-thing.html
    <br /><br />Perhaps we were wrong about "that guy" being MJ, but rather it was Murdock. On GC's twitter I can't seem to go back that far to see the context.
  • sandythymesandythyme Posts: 365
    Grace what a great find!  This whole hoax has been so amazing to me.  You really know how to connect the dots!  I have a feeling this concert will be cancelled and the excuse will be that the estate stepped in and closed them down due to legal reasons.  Take care, Love to All  :)   
  • That’s exactly what I think is going to happen.  <br /><br /><br />And as for someone elses’ statement re: how long is the family going to allow Michael to make them look like total idiots.  Until the hoax is done, lol.  They probably feel they owe him what ever it takes for the many fuck ups they made in Michael’s life along the way.  Pay it forward no matter how it looks to other people.
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    The press have made the Jackson's look like idiots for a long time now. I'm sure they would all participate happily in punking the media for payback.<br /><br />If you live that life, where your every moment is up for public scrutiny, via a rabid press, it's probably very liberating to take the bull by the horns and "give 'em something to talk about".<br /><br />Remember, "it'll all come out".
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    on 1312706621:
    <br />What a web, and then how does it all relate with the public taking down of Murdock--perhaps that was even a show also.
    <br /><br />There is no taking down visible yet to me. Murdoch is scratched only.<br />However, while he tried to get his sons into News Corp, (James having fled to Australia), his daughter Elisabeth recently announced she will not get involved deeper in the company for now. She was the only one to not have been labelled belonging to the responsible circle for NotW. She was labelled being mentally ill instead. Well, we know how that works. Murdoch will lose his empire because his family is divided. He's the motor. As soon as he's gone, the leeches will feed in. It happened to others, his half time is overdue.<br /><br />Let's not forget about other important guests and the less obvious, being out of spotlight.<br />Whenever our attention is getting focused, we tend to forget the rest of the stage. <br />It's those invisible in the dark who make the show go on. <br />Murdoch is a phased-out model. More interesting: who's getting pace right now?<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />