Jackson Doctor Defense Files Appeal, Seeks Delay

finfinfinfin Posts: 648
edited January 1970 in Dr. Conrad Murray
<br /><br />http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=14439283<br /><br />Jackson Doctor Defense Files Appeal, Seeks Delay<br /><br /><br /><br />By LINDA DEUTSCH AP Special Correspondent<br />LOS ANGELES September 3, 2011 (AP)<br />Lawyers for Michael Jackson's doctor have filed an emergency appeal seeking to overturn a judge's refusal to sequester jurors in his upcoming trial.<br /><br />Attorneys asked to delay the start of jury selection on Sept. 8 until the issue of sequestration is decided by the appellate court.<br /><br /><br />In a 28-page petition filed late Friday, lawyers said jurors will be poisoned by publicity unless they are locked up in a hotel during Dr. Conrad Murray's trial. They acknowledged that their request is extraordinary, but so was Jackson, whose legacy will feed news coverage.<br /><br />In the alternative, they asked that the judge rescind his decision to have the trial televised.<br /><br />Murray is accused of giving Jackson an overdose of the anesthetic propofol.

Comments

• SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    Oh hell, there comes a new delay...  :evil:<br /><br />But better have a delay than having that circus not televised.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    on 1315013733:
    <br /><br /><br />http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=14439283<br /><br />Jackson Doctor Defense Files Appeal, Seeks Delay<br /><br /><br /><br />By LINDA DEUTSCH AP Special Correspondent<br />LOS ANGELES September 3, 2011 (AP)<br />Lawyers for Michael Jackson's doctor have filed an emergency appeal seeking to overturn a judge's refusal to sequester jurors in his upcoming trial.<br /><br />Attorneys asked to delay the start of jury selection on Sept. 8 until the issue of sequestration is decided by the appellate court.<br /><br /><br />In a 28-page petition filed late Friday, lawyers said jurors will be poisoned by publicity unless they are locked up in a hotel during Dr. Conrad Murray's trial. They acknowledged that their request is extraordinary, but so was Jackson, whose legacy will feed news coverage.<br /><br />In the alternative, they asked that the judge rescind his decision to have the trial televised.<br /><br />Murray is accused of giving Jackson an overdose of the anesthetic propofol.<br />
    <br /> <br /> <br />Pictures :P <br /> <br /> <br /> <br />
    <br /> TIAI August 29  « on: August 30, 2011, 11:12:11 AM » 
      <br /> [li]
    Quote[/li]<br />  <br /><br />My last post was 12 days ago; and in that post I stated: “for certain that MJ will BAM before the end of 2012”, {TIAI August 17, http://www.michaeljacksonhoaxforum.com/smf2.0/index.php?topic=20134.0}.  In that post I also mentioned, for the very first time, the Twitter account for Paris.  A few days after my post, La Toya verified her account once again {http://twitter.com/#!/latoyajackson/status/100693639176523776; http://twitter.com/#!/latoyajackson/status/105425901583466497; <br />http://twitter.com/#!/pariisjaxn/status/105417423037018112}.<br /><br />And then, one week later, we had yet another colossal coincidence!    icon_lol.gif  The very same person that TS referred to (Paris), retweeted on the very same subject of that last post (2012 and BAM): “Everyone thinks dinosuars are extinct I bet they are just playing an epic game of hide & seek & then..when 2012 hits BAM! DINOSAUR INVASION” {http://twitter.com/#!/GlRLTHINGS/status/107944495320023040; http://www.michaeljacksonhoaxforum.com/smf2.0/index.php/topic,18330.msg351117.html#msg351117}.<br /><br />Would real dinosaurs actually play a “game”, and intentionally “hide” (and we should “seek” them)?  Are we supposed to conclude that Paris really believes there will be an invasion of literal dinosaurs in 2012?  icon_e_confused.gif icon_question.gif icon_rolleyes.gif  And if not, then what could this possibly mean—other than the obvious!?!<br /><br />Everyone thinks dinosaurs (giants in music, MJ and Elvis) are extinct (dead); but I bet they are just playing an epic (look this word up) game (ARG) of hide (fake death) & seek (hoax investigation) & then … when 2012 hits BAM (everyone who thinks that these giants are dead, will find out that they are NOT dead)!  Could it be any clearer????????????<br /><br />This means that we should not expect any BAM before the trail—and yes, there will be a trial.  I can’t guarantee that there won’t be any more delays; but at this point, any further delays will most likely be short compared to the previous delays.<br /><br />Instead of MJ receiving a birthday present, this year he gave a present to his hoax family (a "giant" BAM clue, through Paris).  “It is more blessed to give than to receive.” (Acts 20:35).<br /><br />I finished my last post with this statement, “I say this with so much certainty that if MJ does not BAM by January 1, 2013: then you may know that TS is a fake informer!”  And now I will finish this post with the following statement, “If MJ does not BAM by January 1, 2013: then you may know that Paris is a fake informer—and even La Toya, since she verified the pariisjaxn Twitter account more than once.”<br /><br />  <br />
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    Oh Jesus Christ  crash/ <br /><br /><br />I'm done running my mouth. Michael, you clearly watch the forum.
  • OH! Boy, how did I know there would be another delay. I think this trial, will never commence. I guess Michael is not ready yet !!!
  • I hope this all makes sense someday.<br />I really do.
  • on 1315013733:
    <br /><br /><br />http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=14439283<br /><br />Jackson Doctor Defense Files Appeal, Seeks Delay<br /><br /><br /><br />By LINDA DEUTSCH AP Special Correspondent<br />LOS ANGELES September 3, 2011 (AP)<br />Lawyers for Michael Jackson's doctor have filed an emergency appeal seeking to overturn a judge's refusal to sequester jurors in his upcoming trial.<br /><br />Attorneys asked to delay the start of jury selection on Sept. 8 until the issue of sequestration is decided by the appellate court.<br /><br /><br />In a 28-page petition filed late Friday, lawyers said jurors will be poisoned by publicity unless they are locked up in a hotel during Dr. Conrad Murray's trial. They acknowledged that their request is extraordinary, but so was Jackson, whose legacy will feed news coverage.<br /><br />In the alternative, they asked that the judge rescind his decision to have the trial televised.<br /><br />Murray is accused of giving Jackson an overdose of the anesthetic propofol.<br />
    <br /><br />[size=12pt]"In a 28-page petition filed late Friday, lawyers said jurors will be poisoned by publicity :shock: unless they are locked up in a hotel :lol: during Dr. Conrad Murray's trial."[/size]<br /><br />[size=12pt]Thank you finfin for this news ,but that part was hilarious :)!!!!![/size]<br /><br /><br />[size=14pt]LOVE[/size]
  • loyalfanloyalfan Posts: 1,641
    :-\ can someone please remind me why there is going to be a trial,if michael is alive....?????????????? millions of dollars spent,for what exactly??????    and is it me or.......is there next to nothing going on here anymore????  i still believe mj is alive and watch all this circus with some disgust...........its no longer any fun searching for clues.........xxxxx
  • errrr ... sigh..how come I'm not surprised :roll:  ? Okay, well the BAM will be in 2012 so a delay or 2 is to be expected :roll: geek/  <br /> <br />8457-1260068582.jpg
  • _Anna__Anna_ Posts: 1,739
    A delay? Again?!
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    on 1315013733:
    <br />http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=14439283<br /><br />[...]<br />jurors will be poisoned by publicity unless they are locked up in a hotel during Dr. Conrad Murray's trial. <br />[...]<br /><br />
    <br /><br />
    <br />http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piW9MHpfCu4<br /><br />Remember Ed Chernoff passed the California bar exam in July 2010 and wanted to do the best he could for his Texas lawyer colleagues?<br />This interview explains his view on differences between Texas and Caliland as to speedy trials:<br />"If I'd have had this murder case in Texas, we would have had a trial a year ago."<br /><br />
    <br />http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t26_9s0o-f0&feature=player_embedded<br /><br />Don't miss the skeleton sitting behind him LOL<br />We discussed the interview here:<br />http://www.michaeljacksonhoaxforum.com/smf2.0/index.php?topic=17633.0
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    Patience is a virtue.  :mrgreen:
  • Oh boy, I don't know whether to laugh or get annoyed, is there any limit on the amount of times a trial can be delayed, anyway I am sure if this was any other case or even if there was another high profile case, they wouldn't allow so many delays.
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    This reminds me of my kids' delaying tactics when they were small and didn't want to go to bed!
  • souza : i would like to put in a request for a screaming smiley!    :lol:
  • Good idea SuspiciousMind...or a smiley that's shooting itself in the head :)<br /><br />I keep thinking that if this is an ARG...and for those who believe in TS, he's pretty much confirmed that an ARG is at least part of the hoax....then a lot of 'paths' or outcomes are based on the audience (us).  Based on our responses/actions, the 'puppet master' chooses what happens next.<br /><br />With that in mind...and throwing in Front's post about 'being at a crossroad'...I can't help but wonder if the 'puppet master' feels, based on our responses here on the board, that we're not ready for the trial yet.  I just wish it was made more clear to us (by TS or Front or whoever)...what the 'puppet master' is waiting to hear or see from us...if the trial is, in fact, the most recent 'crossroad'.<br /><br />I watched a 'special' on HLN the other night about the trial...and even as a hardened 'believer', it wasn't easy to watch.  Cause as much as Mike made sure the hoax aspect would make sense to those of us looking for clues...he also made sure that the 'death' aspect would make sense to those who didn't dig deeper.  Maybe, based on Mike reading our posts, he (the puppet master) has decided we need more time before that 'boulder falls from the sky'.<br /><br />Just thinking out loud here....and, of course, I may be way off.  If, by any chance, though this is sort of what's going on....then my hope is that we get some clear guidance to help us understand what the puppet master is waiting on from us.<br /><br />With L.O.V.E. always.
    on 1315050953:
    <br /> souza : i would like to put in a request for a screaming smiley!    :lol: <br />
    <br /> <br /> LOL<br /> I found these for you...<br /> <br /> We're waiting for:<br /> <br /> judge-smiley.gif?1292867628<br /> <br /> <br /> Meanwhile:<br /> <br /> computer-losy-smiley.gif?1292867574<br /> <br /> <br /> screaming-7365.gif<br /> <br /> <br /> skriet-smiley.gif?1292867673<br /> <br /> <br /> pullhair.gif<br /> <br /> <br /> Pulling_hair.gif<br /> <br /> cry-milk-bottle-2-emoticon.gif?1292791099<br /> <br /> <br /> smiley-vault-misc-142.gif<br /> <br /> <br /> smiley-vault-misc-146.gif<br /> <br /> ab56dd208.gif<br /> <br /> smiley-vault-misc-150.gif<br /> <br /> over-react-smiley.gif?1292867649<br /> <br /> woodcutter-smiley.gif?1292867701<br /> <br /> <br /> As if only pls:<br /> <br /> cloud-smiley.gif?1292867571<br /> <br /> SmileySuicide.gif<br /> <br /> Bomb_Smiley.gif<br /> <br /> <br /> That's the cook:<br /> <br /> ghsdf.gif<br /> <br /> animal0017.gif<br /> <br /> <br /> and that's for the patient ones in the end:<br /> <br /> roadtrip_final.gif<br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> pillow-talk-smiley.gif?1292867653<br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> And if you wanna make them smileys yourself:<br /> <br /> cooks_smiley_face_pan.jpg<br /> <br />  bearhug
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    Off topic but Front's over in the BACK thread wanting more smileys. And these are great but Grace...no kicking ass smiley?
    on 1315067397:
    <br />Off topic but Front's over in the BACK thread wanting more smileys. And these are great but Grace...no kicking ass smiley?<br />
    <br /><br />LOL which one?<br /><br />kickass.gif<br /><br />092508_kickasslicenseplate.jpg<br /><br /><br />kickass.gif<br /><br /><br />kick-ass.gifkick-ass.gif<br /><br /><br />kick1.gif<br /><br />Wouldn't this do it in the first place?<br /><br />emoticon-animal-053.gif
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    Anoth...another delay? wtf.gif
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    huesos1.jpg
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    :lol:<br /><br />you guys are funny with all those smileys and pictures :lol:<br /><br />and darn! another delay.  /pull hair/  bangbang  /scream/
  • As I was looking at articles online I just found some things about the case, like a recap or background that we already know already.<br /><br />http://www.torontosun.com/2011/09/02/jackson-docs-triall-ready-to-go<br /><br />The key figures in the trial<br /><br />DR CONRAD MURRAY<br /><br />BORN: Feb. 19, 1953 in Saint Andrew, Grenada.<br /><br />RAISED: On the island of Grenada, but moved to Trinidad with his mother at age 7. At age 19, moved to the United States to attend Texas Southern University, graduating magna cum laude.<br /><br />MED SCHOOL: Meharry Medical College School of Medicine in Nashville, Tenn. Completed medical school there in 1989 and an internal medicine residency at the same school in 1993.<br /><br />PRACTISED MEDICINE IN: Houston, Texas, and Las Vegas. Also previously licensed in California.<br /><br />MET MICHAEL JACKSON: When the doctor treated one of the Jackson children at his clinic in Las Vegas.<br /><br />DEFENCE ATTORNEY CLAIMS: Murray did not administer enough of the anesthetic propofol to kill him and Jackson must have obtained another dose somewhere else.<br /><br />MURRAY CLAIMS: "I am an innocent man."<br /><br />JUDGE MICHAEL PASTOR<br /><br />COURT: Los Angeles Superior Court<br /><br />PREVIOUS NOTABLE CASES: Jason Priestley's DUI and the handling of the case involving topless photos of Cameron Diaz.<br /><br />KNOWN FOR: Thoroughly reading every legal document. Read: Nothing gets by him.<br /><br />DISTRICT ATTORNEYS DAVID WALGREN and DEBORAH BRAZIL.<br /><br />AGES: 56 and 53, respectively.<br /><br />UNIT: Major Crimes<br /><br />PREVIOUS NOTABLE CASES: Walgren was recently assigned to the reinvestigation of the Roman Polanski rape case and extradition hearing.<br /><br />KNOWN FOR: Being two of a small army of 1,056 lawyers representing the city.<br /><br />DEFENCE ATTORNEY ED CHERNOFF<br /><br />AGE: 50<br /><br />BACKGROUND: A former district attorney in Houston, Texas, who left to start his own criminal defense firm in 1999.<br /><br />PREVIOUS NOTABLE CASES: In one highly publicized federal trial, got the jury to acquit in just 15 minutes a man accused of hacking into the Harris County District Clerk's computer and causing damage.<br /><br />KNOWN FOR: His speedy acquittals and the invention of the phrase, "if the print doesn't fit, you must acquit."<br /><br />About the trial<br /><br />JURY SELECTION: Expected to begin Thursday, Sept. 9. About 150 prospective jurors will be questioned. Lawyers will pare the list to 12, plus two alternates.<br /><br />WILL JURY BE SEQUESTERED?: No. Judge Pastor will, however, warn reporters not to try to talk to jurors, and instruct jurors to avoid commenting to any reporters about the case.<br /><br />OPENING STATEMENTS: Tentatively set for Tuesday, Sept. 27 at Los Angeles Superior Court, 111 N. Hill Street in downtown LA.<br /><br />LIKELY SHOULD END BY: Christmas.
  • Uhm, they only ASK for a delay, right? Is it me or doesn't the article say that there is a delay?<br />
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    The reader's comments from the Toronto Sun article have a comment posted by Mocienne Petit Jackson. Anyone else remember Mocienne and her paternity case?  errrr /overreacting/
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    on 1315134679:
    <br />Uhm, they only ASK for a delay, right? Is it me or doesn't the article say that there is a delay?<br /><br />
    <br /><br />Indeed it just says that they have asked for a delay, but we don't know if it's been accepted or refused.