Commemorative 9/11 wines

applehead250609applehead250609 Posts: 2,615
edited January 1970 in General Hoax Investigation
[size=10pt]Yesterday I heard on TMZ,Harvey Levin and that guy with long hair,talking about this subject.I thought it was some creepy joke,but now I see it was true.I mean who can think creating a wine about this tragedy???? Some people are really crazy and creepy,lol  >:(.This has to be the strangest ideea I ever heard in my life :(.<br />[/size]<br /><br />Commemorative 9/11 wines stirring controversy and stoking anger<br /><br />merlot_ourwines_60d_639187t.jpg  A controversial wine that's being sold to commemorate the upcoming 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks for the symbolic sum of $19.11 is drawing heat for what critics pan as a tasteless ploy to capitalize on a tragedy.<br /><br />The 9/11 Memorial Commemorative wines, produced by Lieb Cellars on Long Island, has drawn the expletive-laced ire of celebrity chef and No Reservations telelvision star Anthony Bourdain on Twitter, after @FDNY EMS Website - the Fire Department and Emergency Medical Services of New York - reached out to Bourdain, calling out his former stomping grounds, French brasserie Les Halles in New York for selling the wine.<br /><br />Calling the wines "grotesque, exploitative," and "vomit inducing," Bourdain reacted swiftly to the news and pulled some strings to remove the product from the restaurant's menu.<br /><br />"Holy F***! What kind of piece of shit would create such a product?" he tweeted.<br /><br />Lieb Cellars, meanwhile, says proceeds of all sales will go towards the National September 11 Memorial Museum. In an interview with the LA Times, the winery said that amounts to six to 10 percent of sales.<br /><br />The red wine is described as a barrel-fermented 2010 merlot, while their chardonnay is fermented in stainless steel, with dominant flavors of green apple, hints of citrus and pineapple, and a vanilla finish.<br /><br />Or as one vociferous Twitterer put it, "9/11 wine. The dominant flavors are reminiscent of fresh green apples with underlying hints of MOTHERF***ING VULTURES."<br /><br />Both retail for $19.11.<br /><br />The winery also offers a September Mission Merlot for $9.11, with 10 percent of proceeds going towards the September's Mission Foundation, a nonprofit organization.<br /><br />The memorial wines are listed under Lieb's ‘Great Wines for Good Causes.'<br /><br />Other wine labels that support good causes include Fledgling Wine, a collaboration between Twitter, Crushpad and Room to Read which supports literacy and education in Asia and Africa, and Humanitas, which supports outfits like Feeding America and Habitat for Humanity.<br /><br /><br />For more info, visit http://www.liebcellars.com/.<br /><br /> <br /><br />[size=12pt]L.O.V.E.[/size]

Comments