Plug Pulled On Facebook Live Stream Of Michael Jackson Tribute Concert

use_your_illusionuse_your_illusion Posts: 916
edited January 1970 in General Hoax Investigation
[size=14pt]Plug Pulled On Facebook Live Stream Of Michael Jackson Tribute Concert[/size]<br /><br />Bad news for fans of the King of Pop: The Facebook livestream of Michael Forever: The Tribute Concert has been canceled.<br />Facebook commerce outfit Milyoni had teamed up with Ridgeline Entertainment for the October 8 event from Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, Wales, which will be hosted by Jamie Foxx, with scheduled performers including Beyoncé, Christina Aguilera, The Black Eyed Peas, Jennifer Hudson, and Smokey Robinson.<br /><br />MichaelForever.jpg<br /><br />The event is still scheduled to proceed, but it won’t stream on Facebook. Milyoni explained in a statement:<br />Due to legal challenges brought by the music labels that own the rights to Michael Jackson’s lyrics, we have been notified by concert promoters Global Live Events and Ridgeline Entertainment that the live Facebook broadcast of the Michael Forever tribute concert has been canceled. As the technology provider behind the live Facebook broadcast, Milyoni will fully refund all customers who pre-purchased access to the concert using Facebook Credits or PayPal.<br /><br />Milyoni Chief Executive Officer John Corpus added:<br />While social media presents a new opportunity for artists and concert promoters to reach global audiences, it is still a new and disruptive frontier ripe with challenges. Milyoni will continue to work closely with our music and entertainment partners to pursue this new channel of distribution, beneficial to both artists and fans worldwide.<br />If you’ve ever bought tickets for an event that got canceled, we’d love to hear from you in the comments section — what was the refund procedure like?<br /><br />http://www.allfacebook.com/facebook-livestream-jacko-2011-10

Comments

• skywaysskyways Posts: 745
    Nice!<br /><br />"Due to legal challenges brought by the music labels that own the rights to Michael Jackson’s lyrics" :ugeek:<br /><br />Is it we on the way  now  to expose  HOW Big and Only  Label Company using artist music for own benefits Only and make artist as a slave for his own art?<br /><br />Hmm, MJ, I guess NO Points will be left out on the issue of Justice and Rights after your fully completed pictures will be touch down last piece. ;)
  • missudimissudi Posts: 52
    Will there be anywhere to watch it live on the net.
  • I was really saddened this morning to learn this. I was looking forward to seeing the tribute.<br /><br />I agree - I can't believe that the music labels would fight this exposure. In my opinion it would draw a lot of people and potential buying of albums. I don't understand but I hope Michael is in control of this too.<br /><br />Here is the notice that I received.<br /><br />Have a blessed day :)<br /><br />
    <br />Ridgeline Entertainment LLC just sent you a refund[/color]Ridgeline Entertainment LLC just sent you a full refund of $3.99 USD for your purchase. If you have any questions about this refund, please contact Ridgeline Entertainment LLC.The refund will go to your PayPal account.<br /><br />To see all the transaction details, please log into your PayPal account. It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.<br />Merchant information<br />Ridgeline Entertainment LLC<br />mjtribute10082011@gmail.com<br />http://ridgelineent.com<br />530-902-8685Note from merchant<br />We regret to announce that the Michael Forever Tribute Concert will not be broadcast on Facebook due to unforeseen legal issues around the global distribution rights of the music.The concert promoters and Milyoni apologize for the disappointment of not being able to bring you this event live through Facebook.If you have questions, please email support@milyoni.comThank you,Support
  • The Michael Forever Facebook page does have some pretty cool pictures of rehearsals and the stage posted. Here is the link if anyone is interested in taking a look.<br /><br />Blessings<br /><br />http://www.facebook.com/M4Tribute<br /><br /><br />
  • If there is legal issues with putting it live on fb, then why is the concert still going ahead?
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    I personally do not care if this tribute happens or not or if the livestream was cancelled or not. I'm not going to watch it. I do not like to hear Michael's songs from others. Only he sings them the best and plus it also disturbs me to hear his songs from other artists. I don't like it. It doesn't matter who is singing his songs, it can be Mariah Carey or Celine Dion, I still don't like it.
  • Who knows if it will still go on.. Something will happen I feel it..
  • on 1318091372:
    <br />I personally do not care if this tribute happens or not or if the livestream was cancelled or not. I'm not going to watch it. I do not like to hear Michael's songs from others. Only he sings them the best and plus it also disturbs me to hear his songs from other artists. I don't like it. It doesn't matter who is singing his songs, it can be Mariah Carey or Celine Dion, I still don't like it. <br />
    <br /><br />I totally understand what you are saying and I would have to agree. But, I can't help but wonder if Michael is behind this in some way and that is what had my curiosity going. I just don't think Katherine would take the children there if Michael didn't agree to it. Perhaps I'm wrong.<br /><br />Have a blessed weekend :)
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    on 1318091603:
    <br />
    on 1318091372:
    <br />I personally do not care if this tribute happens or not or if the livestream was cancelled or not. I'm not going to watch it. I do not like to hear Michael's songs from others. Only he sings them the best and plus it also disturbs me to hear his songs from other artists. I don't like it. It doesn't matter who is singing his songs, it can be Mariah Carey or Celine Dion, I still don't like it. <br />
    <br /><br />I totally understand what you are saying and I would have to agree. But, I can't help but wonder if Michael is behind this in some way and that is what had my curiosity going. I just don't think Katherine would take the children there if Michael didn't agree to it. Perhaps I'm wrong.<br /><br />Have a blessed weekend :)<br />
    <br /><br />I'm actually pretty sure that Michael is behind it but still it doesn't give me any good feelings to hear his songs from other artists. And I'm sure that I'll be learning laters if there were any clues on the tribute. I trust my believers family in finding all clues. I just prefer to skip this one for my own sake.  ;D
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    What time is this scheduled to start? So there is no live stream at all? Is there even a concert? Does anyone know anyone who is there?  suspicious//

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    <br />AND Taj  publish this on your twitter,.. and that we are going to see? :roll: <br /> <br /> <br /> <br />
    tajjackson3  Taj Jackson<br />I'm sure his is :-) “@assenav39: For THE ones at Cardiffs today: have fun have fun have fun!!! MJ is watching!!”
  • ForstAMoonForstAMoon Posts: 1,126
    on 1318099030:
    <br />What time is this scheduled to start? So there is no live stream at all? Is there even a concert? Does anyone know anyone who is there?  suspicious// <br />
    <br /><br />hmmm, good question. <br /><br />From the pictures TMZ just posted from rehearsals for the show, I can see family members only. <br /><br /><br /><br />
  • hagitghagitg Posts: 89
    it started on 5pm london time, I think it's over by now.<br />I agree with all of you - I don't like listening to others singing mj's songs. it makes me sad. <br /><br />
  • blankieblankie Posts: 2,350
    I agree with you Missudi !!!!! :) This tribute is a ghost !!!! lolol/ michael-jackson/ mj_dance/ <br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />
  • I saw this on the MJ Underground site a few minutes ago. I'm not sure if she's right but it's worth checking in to.<br /><br />Kelly&amp;#39;Jellybean&amp;#39;Marie 5 pts Michael Jackson Forever Concert will be on Facebook for FREE after the event and on Sky Arts on 15th Oct!<br />http://www.mjjunderground.com/2011/10/08/forever-michael-the-tribute-full-set-list-revealed/<br /><br /><br />Here is the full set list. It doesn't seem like there are as many big names as there should be...<br />Full set list<br />* Ne-Yo – Billie Jean<br />* Ne-Yo – The Lady In My Life<br />* JLS – The Way You Make Me Feel<br />* JLS and The Jacksons – Blame It On The Boogie<br />* The Jacksons – Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground)<br />* Jamie Foxx – Rock With You<br />* Alien Ant Farm – Smooth Criminal<br />* Alien Ant Farm – P.Y.T.<br />* Leona Lewis – Stranger In Moscow<br />* Leona Lewis – I’ll Be There<br />* Craig David – Human Nature<br />* Dance Jam – dance medley feat. Can You Feel It, Show Me The Way To Go, Smooth Criminal, Dangerous and Thriller<br />* Smokey Robinson – She’s Out Of My Life<br />* Gladys Knight – Believe In Yourself<br />* Beyonce – I Wanna Be Where You Are<br />* Gladys Knight and Smokey Robinson – I Just Can’t Stop Loving You<br />* 3T and Tito Jackson – Why/Heartbreak Hotel<br />* Diversity – dance medley feat. Jam, Black Or White, Remember The Time, Behind The Mask<br />* La Toya Jackson – In The Closet/Jam<br />* Cee Lo Green – I Can’t Help It<br />* Cee Lo Green – You Can’t Win<br />* Christina Aguilera – Smile<br />* Christina Aguilera – Dirty Diana<br />* Pixie Lott – I Want You Back<br />* Pixie Lott – You Are Not Alone<br />* Yolanda Adams – Earth Song<br />* Yolanda Adams – Another Part Of Me<br />* Alexandra Burke – Who’s Lovin’ You<br />* Alexandra Burke – Scream<br />* Jennifer Hudson – Leave Me Alone<br />* Jennifer Hudson – Gone Too Soon<br />* Reprise – Gone Too Soon<br />* Jamie Foxx, JLS and The Jacksons – Don’t Stop Til You Get Enough<br /><br /><br />It also says that Navi made an appearance. Why and how do these impersonators make their money in order to show up everywhere?<br />http://www.mjjunderground.com/2011/10/08/mj-impersonator-navi-makes-cardiff-appearance/<br /><br /><br /><br />
  • alfarlealfarle Posts: 440
    on 1318091834:
    <br />
    on 1318091603:
    <br />
    on 1318091372:
    <br /><br />I totally understand what you are saying and I would have to agree. But, I can't help but wonder if Michael is behind this in some way and that is what had my curiosity going. I just don't think Katherine would take the children there if Michael didn't agree to it. Perhaps I'm wrong.<br /><br />Have a blessed weekend :)<br />
    <br /><br />I'm actually pretty sure that Michael is behind it but still it doesn't give me any good feelings to hear his songs from other artists. And I'm sure that I'll be learning laters if there were any clues on the tribute. I trust my believers family in finding all clues. I just prefer to skip this one for my own sake.  ;D<br />
    <br /><br /><br /><br />Well if you remember the anniversary special where Michael performed w/his brothers, A LOT of ppl sang MJ songs RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM.  So maybe he is behind all  of this. On this specific day(Yom Kippur), maybe other artists singing his song is his way of receiving this as a gift of tribute to the king. Long live the king right? That's the only thing I can actually think of. :) I hope I'm right.
  • blankieblankie Posts: 2,350
    ..... 8-) But........ you see Michael's picture around ?  ???/ <br /><br /><br />Michael's kids are really wonderful !!! bearhug <br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /> moonwalk_/
  • on 1318102610:
    <br />I saw this on the MJ Underground site a few minutes ago. I'm not sure if she's right but it's worth checking in to.<br /><br />Kelly&amp;#39;Jellybean&amp;#39;Marie 5 pts Michael Jackson Forever Concert will be on Facebook for FREE after the event and on Sky Arts on 15th Oct!<br />http://www.mjjunderground.com/2011/10/08/forever-michael-the-tribute-full-set-list-revealed/<br /><br /><br />Here is the full set list. It doesn't seem like there are as many big names as there should be...<br />Full set list<br />* Ne-Yo – Billie Jean<br />* Ne-Yo – The Lady In My Life<br />* JLS – The Way You Make Me Feel<br />* JLS and The Jacksons – Blame It On The Boogie<br />* The Jacksons – Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground)<br />* Jamie Foxx – Rock With You<br />* Alien Ant Farm – Smooth Criminal<br />* Alien Ant Farm – P.Y.T.<br />* Leona Lewis – Stranger In Moscow<br />* Leona Lewis – I’ll Be There<br />* Craig David – Human Nature<br />* Dance Jam – dance medley feat. Can You Feel It, Show Me The Way To Go, Smooth Criminal, Dangerous and Thriller<br />* Smokey Robinson – She’s Out Of My Life<br />* Gladys Knight – Believe In Yourself<br />* Beyonce – I Wanna Be Where You Are<br />* Gladys Knight and Smokey Robinson – I Just Can’t Stop Loving You<br />* 3T and Tito Jackson – Why/Heartbreak Hotel<br />* Diversity – dance medley feat. Jam, Black Or White, Remember The Time, Behind The Mask<br />* La Toya Jackson – In The Closet/Jam<br />* Cee Lo Green – I Can’t Help It<br />* Cee Lo Green – You Can’t Win<br />* Christina Aguilera – Smile<br />* Christina Aguilera – Dirty Diana<br />* Pixie Lott – I Want You Back<br />* Pixie Lott – You Are Not Alone<br />* Yolanda Adams – Earth Song<br />* Yolanda Adams – Another Part Of Me<br />* Alexandra Burke – Who’s Lovin’ You<br />* Alexandra Burke – Scream<br />* Jennifer Hudson – Leave Me Alone<br />* Jennifer Hudson – Gone Too Soon<br />* Reprise – Gone Too Soon<br />* Jamie Foxx, JLS and The Jacksons – Don’t Stop Til You Get Enough<br /><br /><br />It also says that Navi made an appearance. Why and how do these impersonators make their money in order to show up everywhere?<br />http://www.mjjunderground.com/2011/10/08/mj-impersonator-navi-makes-cardiff-appearance/<br /><br />
    <br /><br />[size=10pt]Thank you voice for the info,the pictures with the kids are wonderful  :)!!!!!![/size]<br /><br />slide_192917_397921_huge.jpg<br /><br />171034-the-children-of-late-singer-michael-jackson-prince-michael-joseph-jack.jpg<br /><br />171032-michael-jacksons-children-l-r-blanket-prince-and-paris-stand-on-stage-.jpg<br /><br />JLS Performing With The Jackson Brothers<br />418568902.jpg<br /><br /><br />Before the show, Marlon Jackson said he respected his siblings’ decision.<br /><br />
    <br />“Each one of us grieves differently,” he said. “We want to celebrate the positive side of his life, the positive things that he did.”
    <br />...<br /><br />Some of the proceeds will go to the AIDS Project Los Angeles and Prince’s Trust charities, and a portion will be placed in a trust fund for Jackson’s children, though organizers did not give an exact breakdown.<br />Marlon Jackson, 54, said he wanted dissenters to know that Michael would have approved of the show.<br /><br />
    “I want the world to understand that my brother was more than just an entertainer,” he said. “There was a human side to him as well.”
    <br /><br />[size=12pt]LOVE[/size]
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    slide_192917_397921_huge.jpg<br /><br />BOO! Scared yet? :lol:

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• I still have no idea what's behind the pulled plug of the FB live stream, I'm still thinking.<br />It was so great to be a part of it /woohoo/ . I was very proud of the kids  /bravo/ <br />I really loved the fireworks, amazing! bow/