Trial today? (Oct 21st)

julia142julia142 Posts: 195
edited January 1970 in Dr. Conrad Murray
So is the trial going on today? Anybody knows? Strange we didn't have no insight today as to whether the trial is on?

Comments

• yes, jury arrives at 11:45 pst, break for lunch and court in session at 12:45
  • I think that makes it 8.45pm UK time  smiley_spider
  • BeTheChangeBeTheChange Posts: 1,569
    It must really suck, time-wise, to be in a 'faraway' timezone than LA.  It's a 3 hour difference for me...which actually works out better for me cause the trial is on into the early evening.  But for those that are 8+ hours off...you have my sympathies....it must be difficult.<br /> <br />With L.O.V.E. always.
  • LA is 3 hours behind  Montreal. So it did not start yet. I wonder what will happen today. blessings
  • It works out good for me! <br /><br />It usually starts around 4.45pm UK time, so I have to try to prepare dinner early, then they have  their lunch 8pm to 9.30pm so I can watch some TV or do some work, and it normally goes on till around midnight as they always seem to pack up a bit early! No problem for me as I am a night owl and am often up working till 1am anyway.  lolol/
  • [size=12pt]Is the defense team feeling the heat?[/size]<br /><br />conrad-defense-heat.jpg?w=480&h=320<br /><br />Dr. Conrad Murray's defense team suddenly switches its strategy right as the prosecution's case comes to an end. Up until now, defense lawyer Michael Flanagan has been handling the cross examination of the prosecution's medical experts. Flanagan is the team's most knowledgeable player when it comes to propofol.<br /><br />But looks like he'll be sitting out for the cross examination of the prosecution's final — and, arguably, their most crucial — expert witness. Dr. Steven Shafer will now be going head-to-head with lead defense attorney Ed Chernoff.<br /><br />Dr. Shafer is the guy who wrote the instruction sheet on propofol and he's been providing hours worth of compelling testimony about the drug. He ended yesterday with quite the bang, telling  jurors there was only one possible way in which Jackson died: Dr. Murray must have hooked him up to an IV drip of propofol.<br /><br />Our producers inside the courtroom say Murray looked "visibly shaken" while Dr. Shafer was on the stand, especially when the expert set up an IV drip and demonstrated exactly how he believes Murray gave Jackson the drugs that ultimately killed him.<br /><br /><br />Murray told police he set up propofol drips on Jackson in the past, but his lawyers insist that Jackson wasn't hooked up to a drip on the day he died. Murray says he administered a single 25mg dose of propofol to Jackson and then left the room to relieve himself for only a few minutes. But phone records indicate that Murray was on the phone with one of his clinics, a patient and then a girlfriend right around the time Dr. Shafer believes Jackson's heart stopped beating.<br /><br />Dr. Shafer says that if Murray had been at Jackson's bedside the entire time, he would have noticed Jackson's condition going downhill and could have easily prevented his death by stopping the propofol drip and doing a simple chin lift.<br /><br />So how will Chernoff do when he gets his chance to grill Dr. Shafer? Will he be able to shake the prosecution's star witness? The cross examination is expected to begin this afternoon when court goes back in at around 3:45pm ET/12:45pm PT.<br /><br />
  • on 1319216341:
    <br />It must really suck, time-wise, to be in a 'faraway' timezone than LA.  It's a 3 hour difference for me...which actually works out better for me cause the trial is on into the early evening.  But for those that are 8+ hours off...you have my sympathies....it must be difficult.<br /> <br />With L.O.V.E. always.<br />
    <br />Thanks for your compassion. True, it's getting pretty late/early when I watch the trial till the end. As I happen to love coffee a lot I think I developed a caffeine addiction :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: