MJ's Father Breaks Silence in Tell-All Documentary "Confessions of a Father"

Australian MJ BeLIEverAustralian MJ BeLIEver Posts: 2,349
edited January 1970 in News
http://www.sacbee.com/2011/12/02/4095436/michael-jacksons-father-breaks.html<br /><br />By GPA Entertainment<br /><br />Published: Friday, Dec. 2, 2011 - 9:09 am<br /> <br />LOS ANGELES, Dec. 2, 2011 -- <br /><br />GPA Entertainment announced today the pending release of an exclusive documentary featuring 84-year old Joe Jackson, father of pop icon Michael Jackson and self-proclaimed architect of the Jackson family musical empire. Confessions of a Father is compiled from hours of interviews conducted over a two-year period.  The feature-length film will offer a fascinating and chilling look at one of the most controversial fathers in show business history. Told from Joe Jackson's unique perspective, the film will cover the Jackson family history from the formation of the Jackson 5 through Michael's tragic death and the subsequent trial and sentencing of his physician, Dr. Conrad Murray. The film's release is planned for 2012, as is the publication of "The Architect," Joe Jackson's autobiography from Atria Books, a division of Simon and Schuster.<br /> <br />Confessions of a Father is produced by Johnny West and award-winning producer George Paige, whose credits include "Michael Jackson...the Legend Continues," and scores of other TV programs and feature films. "For the first time, Joe Jackson lifts the veil and airs the dirty laundry, like it or not," says Paige.  "If you think you know the Jackson history, think again." <br /><br />Filmed partially on location at the Jackson family Havenhurst estate, the documentary will give viewers a never-before-seen look at Michael Jackson's personal theatre and the special room where the Jackson family and Michael's children were home schooled.  "We filmed in Gary,Indiana too," says West, who also directed.  "Seeing the Jackson house and hearing the voices of people who knew them before, during and after their rise to stardom sheds new light on this intriguing family."<br /> <br />Of special interest will be the newly uncovered audio recording of the Jackson 5 in their first ever studio session.  "Big Boy" was recorded at Steel-town Records by Gordon Keith, who appears on camera to talk about guiding the dynamic young performers in those early sessions.<br /> <br />The documentary will have a theatrical release in 2012 before a nationwide home entertainment blu-ray and DVD release.<br /> <br />The trailer will be available shortly at www.jacksondocumentary.com.<br /><br /><br />Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2011/12/02/4095436/michael-jacksons-father-breaks.html#ixzz1fQmqD6Ml

Comments

• interesting how the doco isnt just being aired, its going onto dvd / bluray also - why?
  • ArielAriel Posts: 84
    Because if it airs, fans will be posting comments all over the internet. Some call papa Joe names. He may want to avoid it, simple.
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    Hmmmm, I'm very curious about this. I do hope they will subtitle it though...

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• Snoopy71Snoopy71 Posts: 952
    We're all ears Mr. Jackson....<br /><br />smiley-party0052.gif
  • confessions of a father.... i imagine three possibilities at this stage....<br /><br />a) mr jackson talks DH <br />b) mr jackson has deep and meaningful with the world abt raising MJ and some of the indiscretions that were made and is remroseful and makes comment on this EDIT :(i doubt. we have been there done that)<br />c) mr jackson does an exposé on MJ revealing some truths abt his life bringing down the walls of some of the facades. (hope not)<br /><br /><br />imagine if option a) was the reason!!! who knows, if murray appeals, and Mj is proven alive, Mr jacksons doco might be abt the reasons, or better yet the 'hows' of how the jacksoin family supported michael during DH period...<br /><br />ok, farfetched i know. day dreaming costs nothing tho...
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    ! Two years ! ? ,...  mourning that Joe do for your son " dead " afraid/ :lol:<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />1.jpg
  • ArielAriel Posts: 84
    on 1322876446:
    <br />Hmmmm, I'm very curious about this. I do hope they will subtitle it though...<br />
    <br /><br />Why? Do you mean subtitles in Dutch?
    on 1322877441:
    <br />! Two years ! ? ,...  mourning that Joe do for your son " dead " afraid/ :lol:<br /><br />1.jpg<br />
    <br /><br /><br />I think Joe is just misunderstood...he gets a bad rap.<br /><br /><br />The man had to control 9 kids!!!....mostly boys at that, in a rough neighborhood. respect/<br /><br /><br /><br />Heck compared to my dad, Joseph looks like Gandhi  suspicious//<br /><br /><br />I just hope they have some NEW revelations...and not the same old stories all over again. :|
  • on 1322876916:
    <br />We're all ears Mr. Jackson....<br /><br />smiley-party0052.gif<br />
    <br /><br />LOL...yes I'm very interested to see what he will say.
  • on 1322878038:
    <br />
    on 1322877441:
    <br />! Two years ! ? ,...  mourning that Joe do for your son " dead " afraid/ :lol:<br /><br />1.jpg<br />
    <br /><br /><br />I think Joe is just misunderstood...he gets a bad rap.<br /><br /><br />The man had to control 9 kids!!!....mostly boys at that, in a rough neighborhood. respect/<br /><br /><br /><br />Heck compared to my dad, Joseph looks like Gandhi  suspicious//<br /><br /><br />I just hope the<br /><br />y have some NEW revelations...and not the same old stories all over again. :|<br />
    <br /><br />My father is also 83 yrs old, I remember he never hit me and nor my sister, but just his look, we shat in our pants. We knew that we would be punished royally.. His punishments were worst than a hit on the behind. He came from the old school in Italy, he raised us like he was raised, and thanks to him I am the person I am today.. I thank my father from the bottom of my heart. My father never believed in hitting, he said it does not resolve anything. I guess they all have their own ways of rasing children.
  • JennieJennie Posts: 514
    on 1322878038:
    <br />
    on 1322877441:
    <br /><br /><br />I think Joe is just misunderstood...he gets a bad rap.<br /><br /><br />The man had to control 9 kids!!!....mostly boys at that, in a rough neighborhood. respect/<br /><br /><br /><br />Heck compared to my dad, Joseph looks like Gandhi  suspicious//<br /><br /><br />I just hope they have some NEW revelations...and not the same old stories all over again. :|<br />
    <br /><br />I second that... Hope we get some new stuff for a change.
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    on 1322877456:
    <br />
    on 1322876446:
    <br />Hmmmm, I'm very curious about this. I do hope they will subtitle it though...<br />
    <br /><br />Why? Do you mean subtitles in Dutch?<br />
    <br /><br />English would be fine too. I always have a hard time understanding Joe. He mumbles a lot.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• on 1322909183:
    <br />
    on 1322877456:
    <br />
    on 1322876446:
    <br /><br />English would be fine too. I always have a hard time understanding Joe. He mumbles a lot.<br />
    <br /><br />dont worry. eng my first language too and sometimes i have difficulty undertanding joe.
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    It's only fair that Joe be allowed to give his perspective or defense for the way he raised his children. Until we've walked a mile in his shoes we'll never know for sure.  The media and fans have spoken so negatively about him, largely from MJ's words on Oprah. But MJ has said later, that his understanding of his father and his actions has changed. I find him an interesting smart man.
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    on 1322910301:
    <br />
    on 1322909183:
    <br />
    on 1322877456:
    <br />
    on 1322876446:
    <br /><br />English would be fine too. I always have a hard time understanding Joe. He mumbles a lot.<br />
    <br /><br />dont worry. eng my first language too and sometimes i have difficulty undertanding joe.<br />
    <br /><br />Joe and his mumbles. I love the way he speaks although I understand nothing mostly. :lol:
    on 1322878038:
    <br />
    on 1322877441:
    <br /><br /><br />I think Joe is just misunderstood...he gets a bad rap.<br /><br /><br />The man had to control 9 kids!!!....mostly boys at that, in a rough neighborhood. respect/<br /><br /><br /><br />Heck compared to my dad, Joseph looks like Gandhi  suspicious//<br /><br /><br />I just hope they have some NEW revelations...and not the same old stories all over again. :|<br />
    <br /><br /><br /><br /><br />that photo if i remember correctly was taken one day after the "death" by Michael
  • This is not no big deal! We do not have to wait for Joe to give us clues or say that Michael is really alive.<br /><br />Joe will speak only about his family and the tragic "death" of Michael. You read it right!
  • on 1322910642:
    <br />It's only fair that Joe be allowed to give his perspective or defense for the way he raised his children. Until we've walked a mile in his shoes we'll never know for sure. <br />
    <br /><br />I agree. What do we know exactly? When I've seen the documentary, I'll have my opinion about it, until then I do not expect anything :|
  • blankieblankie Posts: 2,350
    How many things are exiting on Mike    typing/  ....Joe...    confused/    .mmmmmmm.....      I'm very curious  :geek:  smiley_spider
    Strange photo of Joe suspicious//<br /><br />documental+joseph+jackson.png<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />documental+joseph+jackson+2.png WTF??
    Is that a gun?  ???/<br /><br /><br />I must be seeing things  suspicious//<br /><br /><br /><br />Oh Holy Jesus, this would be the FIRST post I read today.....  :P
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    I don't remember seeing this up close and personal interview of Joe before though it took place in July 2009.<br /><br /><br />http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdoIvouUv4c&feature=related<br /><br /><br />At 7:20, the interviewer quotes MJ:  "Talent is something God gives to a performer, but my father taught us how to cultivate it."  Joe was very surprised and hadn't heard that before.  Joe seems very uncomfortable talking about MJ in the coffin (lying is hard for him maybe?), suggests greedy lawyers were stealing from MJ, and strongly suggests Omer is MJ's son.  He really impresses me with how faithful he has been in supporting MJ and always being there for him at all times. Lots of men are just not affectionate, but he did the best he knew how to do. Very good video.
  • on 1323168403:
    <br />Is that a gun?  ???/<br /><br /><br />I must be seeing things  suspicious//<br /><br /><br /><br />Oh Holy Jesus, this would be the FIRST post I read today.....  :P<br />
    <br />It kinda looks like a gun to me...maybe Papa Joe is 007!  8)
    There are people that when they looked the photo say that can be a gun or a camera, i think that the photo was made with double intention
  • Aidan_81Aidan_81 Posts: 382
    He's an American and lives in States  :mrgreen: why not a gun?  ::P<br /><br />If it's a gun, so what? I have several good online friends who are Americans and who<br />carry a gun with them all the time - yes, weird and illegal to us in Europe, but<br />in States this happens  :mrgreen:<br /><br />Question is were they telling us something with that gun exposure lol.  smiley_spider